Monster Energy Supercross 2

clinthadwin
12/18/2018 8:10am
footglove wrote:
If I have to wait 20 minutes for the game to load between races like in MESX, MESX2 will get tossed in a drawer and forgotten...
If I have to wait 20 minutes for the game to load between races like in MESX, MESX2 will get tossed in a drawer and forgotten.

So if that issue is fixed, I could care less about any other updates
Thank you!!! How is this not a bigger issue, or...the ONLY issue? The game was cool, I had fun..but fuck me sideways that loading time made me stop playing after a few weeks and never touch it again.

How did they never even patch that? And that song that would skip until it finally loaded enough...ugh...wtf?
JohnnyMc
12/18/2018 8:44am
early wrote:
This.

Seriously who gives a flying f about press day and meeting the fans so stupid
Exactly. Chances are the whole "press day" facade won't be much more than a selection of three poorly animated questions after a race that will have...
Exactly.

Chances are the whole "press day" facade won't be much more than a selection of three poorly animated questions after a race that will have no meaningful outcome, you can also expect a generic rider area with a pc where you can check your e-mails for your basic sponsorship choices after winning races and ALSO, to check the super badass twitter feed that we all loved so much from the first game. Whistling

All sarcasm aside, the game looks the same as the first MES, with some GPPRO features dumped on top to give it a superficial fresh coat of paint look, nothing else.

We've been playing the same game for years now if you think about it.
Realistic options for press day should include the following.
- AVOID: I stay in the motorhome and watch tv. I'm getting a massage and can't be bothered atm.
- ANNOYED: I answer with yes and no only. I fulfill my contract duties but don't give a damn as I got a plane to catch.
- IGNORE: I would like the thank my sponsors BIKE, TIRES, GEAR, GOGGLES, BOOTS, DEALERSHIP, BICYCLE COMPANY, TRAINER, PARENTS, FANS, HOMETOWN, PET, GIRLFRIEND.
Motofinne
12/19/2018 3:13am
It looks pretty good, way better than any of the previous gameplay videos from Milestone in their games. That is a very good sign in my opinion.

The Shop

chuckdavies
12/19/2018 3:44am
Motofinne wrote:
It looks pretty good, way better than any of the previous gameplay videos from Milestone in their games. That is a very good sign in my...
It looks pretty good, way better than any of the previous gameplay videos from Milestone in their games. That is a very good sign in my opinion.
Agreed - we all know how they like to get someone who knows nothing about motocross to create the gameplay videos. This shows a lot more promise already!
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
12/19/2018 4:47am
Motofinne wrote:
It looks pretty good, way better than any of the previous gameplay videos from Milestone in their games. That is a very good sign in my...
sounds and looks better. looks like ruts and bumps too. wait a minute. are they listening to us?! Tongue
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
12/19/2018 4:55am
The gameplay itself to me at least doesn't look that much changed/improved
flatout111
12/19/2018 5:15am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 5:19am
Exactly. Chances are the whole "press day" facade won't be much more than a selection of three poorly animated questions after a race that will have...
Exactly.

Chances are the whole "press day" facade won't be much more than a selection of three poorly animated questions after a race that will have no meaningful outcome, you can also expect a generic rider area with a pc where you can check your e-mails for your basic sponsorship choices after winning races and ALSO, to check the super badass twitter feed that we all loved so much from the first game. Whistling

All sarcasm aside, the game looks the same as the first MES, with some GPPRO features dumped on top to give it a superficial fresh coat of paint look, nothing else.

We've been playing the same game for years now if you think about it.
I know I'm the MESX homer and I get the sarcasm but I do question how you can say we've been playing the same game for years when last year was the first year of Supercross for Milestone. Yeah, they have given us the MXGP games and, of course, it is built off the same engine but you can't fault them for that. Each game plays differently and with the exception of MXGP3 (which I didn't care for) they've all been a step forward for the most part with MESX being, to me, the best.

Plus it is a significant difference to be able to play on all the replica SX tracks on beautifully rendered replica stadiums and environments instead of the MXGP MX tracks plus the addition of the AMA riders/bikes/teams/etc. So I feel like to lump them together isn't fair. Yes, it is the same engine tweaked but MX to SX is night and day different. So to say we've been playing the same game for years is kinda odd to me. MESX came out February of this year.

I don't know. Maybe I am more of a fan of MX games than some. Spending $120 a year on 2 Milestone games and another $60 on Rainbow's game every 2-3 years (plus some DLC) is nothing to me. And I remember after THQ pulled the plug on Alive and before Milestone got in the game with MUD and then the insanely improved MXGP that we had ZERO as far as MX/SX games. It sucked. I gladly support both companies whether it is an overhaul or a fresh coat of paint and a yearly tune up with new tracks, skins, tweaks. I just feel like if I only buy the games when there are big changes that I'm not doing my part to support. And I want these games to prosper and continue. But to each his own, for sure.

This seems like a decent amount of new stuff especially given we just got a game earlier THIS year.

-New replica tracks w/photogrametry
-New replica bikes/skins/scans of riders/rosters
-Improved track editor
-Tweaked and improved physics (we are told)
-Improved AI
-Addition of Jeff Emig as color analyst and added commentary (still not full race commentary but more of it, I hear)
-New Agenda mode with added immersion of media modes
-New training compound
-Added camera customization (was told this by the team)
-Eli Tomac in game (and maybe no KR94). So that's a step back as I'm more a KROC fan. But don't blame Milestone, blame the riders/agents
-Addition of line prediction from the MotoGP series

Donovan759
12/19/2018 5:52am
22Ryann wrote:
The gameplay itself to me at least doesn't look that much changed/improved
I agree..

Honestly, the only things I want are faster load times, and a clutch that works. Those are the two things that made me throw MESX in the drawer. I can deal with a game not being perfectly up to my expectations. But those two things were just too much for me.
gt757
12/19/2018 7:24am
it looks good to me, it seems like the bike reacts more to the ground and i like how the turning looks with the foot high up. The whoops seem to be sharper also
kNewc
12/19/2018 7:29am
sxer1 wrote:
Looks great! I'm not a big fan of the pop-ups or whatever saying "good" and adding points. You know when you did good/bad based on how fast you are going lol. Pretty pointless IMO, everything else looks awesome.
peelout
12/19/2018 8:03am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 8:04am
JohnnyMc wrote:
Realistic options for press day should include the following. - AVOID: I stay in the motorhome and watch tv. I'm getting a massage and can't be...
Realistic options for press day should include the following.
- AVOID: I stay in the motorhome and watch tv. I'm getting a massage and can't be bothered atm.
- ANNOYED: I answer with yes and no only. I fulfill my contract duties but don't give a damn as I got a plane to catch.
- IGNORE: I would like the thank my sponsors BIKE, TIRES, GEAR, GOGGLES, BOOTS, DEALERSHIP, BICYCLE COMPANY, TRAINER, PARENTS, FANS, HOMETOWN, PET, GIRLFRIEND.
so basically the Fallout 4 dialog

Yes
No
Sarcastic
Intimidate (skill dependent)
SEE ARE125
12/19/2018 8:31am
sxer1 wrote:
kNewc wrote:
Looks great! I'm not a big fan of the pop-ups or whatever saying "good" and adding points. You know when you did good/bad based on how...
Looks great! I'm not a big fan of the pop-ups or whatever saying "good" and adding points. You know when you did good/bad based on how fast you are going lol. Pretty pointless IMO, everything else looks awesome.
I think you can turn it off. I’ve been playing RDR2 lately so it’s been a while, but I’m pretty sure I turned them off on the first MES game.
JohnnyMc
12/19/2018 9:48am
That scrub move off the first jump actually didn't make me cringe. It was smooth, the bike didn't just come back unnaturally, and was immediately followed up with a nice seat bounce where Tomac stood up after. At least it makes me want to see more instead of look away in disgust.
WW444
12/19/2018 11:03am
I played MXGP Pro and it took me a whileeee to get the hang of it because of how skatey it is but I got to where I could enjoy it at least . I hopped back on SX yesterday and I forgot how much I liked this game. The traction on this game compared to Pro is night and day difference. I hope SX2 doesn't follow the footsteps of Pro
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/19/2018 11:09am
WW444 wrote:
I played MXGP Pro and it took me a whileeee to get the hang of it because of how skatey it is but I got to...
I played MXGP Pro and it took me a whileeee to get the hang of it because of how skatey it is but I got to where I could enjoy it at least . I hopped back on SX yesterday and I forgot how much I liked this game. The traction on this game compared to Pro is night and day difference. I hope SX2 doesn't follow the footsteps of Pro
I love MES. I started with MUD on PS3, then MXGP, 2 and 3. Going through all of them, each got better for the most part. 3 has some stuff I didn't care for and was too fast. 1 and 2 were too slow. MES seems to be a good middle ground and while it's not perfect, to me it is the best moto game so far. I haven't tried Pro yet so I can't comment on that game. I'm really looking forward to MES 2!
SKlein
12/19/2018 11:47am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 11:48am
flatout111 wrote:
I know I'm the MESX homer and I get the sarcasm but I do question how you can say we've been playing the same game for...
I know I'm the MESX homer and I get the sarcasm but I do question how you can say we've been playing the same game for years when last year was the first year of Supercross for Milestone. Yeah, they have given us the MXGP games and, of course, it is built off the same engine but you can't fault them for that. Each game plays differently and with the exception of MXGP3 (which I didn't care for) they've all been a step forward for the most part with MESX being, to me, the best.

Plus it is a significant difference to be able to play on all the replica SX tracks on beautifully rendered replica stadiums and environments instead of the MXGP MX tracks plus the addition of the AMA riders/bikes/teams/etc. So I feel like to lump them together isn't fair. Yes, it is the same engine tweaked but MX to SX is night and day different. So to say we've been playing the same game for years is kinda odd to me. MESX came out February of this year.

I don't know. Maybe I am more of a fan of MX games than some. Spending $120 a year on 2 Milestone games and another $60 on Rainbow's game every 2-3 years (plus some DLC) is nothing to me. And I remember after THQ pulled the plug on Alive and before Milestone got in the game with MUD and then the insanely improved MXGP that we had ZERO as far as MX/SX games. It sucked. I gladly support both companies whether it is an overhaul or a fresh coat of paint and a yearly tune up with new tracks, skins, tweaks. I just feel like if I only buy the games when there are big changes that I'm not doing my part to support. And I want these games to prosper and continue. But to each his own, for sure.

This seems like a decent amount of new stuff especially given we just got a game earlier THIS year.

-New replica tracks w/photogrametry
-New replica bikes/skins/scans of riders/rosters
-Improved track editor
-Tweaked and improved physics (we are told)
-Improved AI
-Addition of Jeff Emig as color analyst and added commentary (still not full race commentary but more of it, I hear)
-New Agenda mode with added immersion of media modes
-New training compound
-Added camera customization (was told this by the team)
-Eli Tomac in game (and maybe no KR94). So that's a step back as I'm more a KROC fan. But don't blame Milestone, blame the riders/agents
-Addition of line prediction from the MotoGP series

I think he meant that the core physics haven't drastically changed since the first iteration of MXGP. That's not to say it hasn't gotten better, because it has without a doubt. However they can absolutely be at fault for not taking the engine a different direction when they moved to a Moto discipline that benefits greatly from having full control of the bike in the air.

If they take the time to get in air physics up to par with everything else the game will be fantastic. If they're pushed for yearly releases then they won't end up much different from current sports games that recycle/repeat with small changes for a cash grab.

Sweetd31
12/19/2018 12:00pm
Owner of 4 milestone games, and major All out fanboy here.

This looks fun, most definitely improved

The fixed axis in the air at some point has got to go though.
12/19/2018 1:05pm
Does it seem like the rider is a little “floaty” in mid air?

Overall looks fun. I’ll definitely buy it for sure . Can’t wait!
zehn
12/19/2018 1:09pm
Does it seem like the rider is a little “floaty” in mid air?

Overall looks fun. I’ll definitely buy it for sure . Can’t wait!
It looks like it's floaty just like MES1. Also notice how OJ'ing into the face of the next jump basically has no effect.
gym_jackets
12/19/2018 2:23pm
zehn wrote:
It looks like it's floaty just like MES1. Also notice how OJ'ing into the face of the next jump basically has no effect.
He definitely would've gone triple-quad-quad if he didn't OJ, but he instead went triple-quad-triple-single. I think it's pretty clear it had an effect.
SEE ARE125
12/19/2018 3:08pm
Anyone know if there are any perks for pre-ordering at certain stores? If I recall MES 1 had some exclusive gear or other content if you pre-ordered from certain retailers. I’ll probably cancel my pre-order anyway, but figured I’d ask before I do.
zehn
12/19/2018 3:15pm
He definitely would've gone triple-quad-quad if he didn't OJ, but he instead went triple-quad-triple-single. I think it's pretty clear it had an effect.
I guess my point is that he should have crashed like in MXGP Pro.
lisenbyjacob
12/19/2018 3:28pm
Is no one gonna talk about the fact that you can throw a sweet Nac Nac through the finish?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/19/2018 3:31pm
Is no one gonna talk about the fact that you can throw a sweet Nac Nac through the finish?
I noticed it too! Bummed the bike stayed straight though
JohnnyMc
12/19/2018 3:46pm
Ah, but do we actually throw out the moves or do we just select a checkbox on what move the game shows? Maybe they are unlocks from playing the game. The fact that the game still cuts us off when crossing the lines makes me think the later and that would suck!
lisenbyjacob
12/19/2018 3:48pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Better than what happens in the last game. I'd always try to whip accross the finish and I guess the controls don't work after the cutscene starts so he'd just keep tipping over on the side til he crashed lol.
lisenbyjacob
12/19/2018 3:50pm
JohnnyMc wrote:
Ah, but do we actually throw out the moves or do we just select a checkbox on what move the game shows? Maybe they are unlocks...
Ah, but do we actually throw out the moves or do we just select a checkbox on what move the game shows? Maybe they are unlocks from playing the game. The fact that the game still cuts us off when crossing the lines makes me think the later and that would suck!
I'll race as many races as necessary to unlock a Deegan Ghost Ride finish celebration
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/19/2018 3:54pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Better than what happens in the last game. I'd always try to whip accross the finish and I guess the controls don't work after the cutscene...
Better than what happens in the last game. I'd always try to whip accross the finish and I guess the controls don't work after the cutscene starts so he'd just keep tipping over on the side til he crashed lol.
Mine would do that but I started using the controls trying to bring it back and it works if you don't go too far.

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Supercross 2

The Latest