Monster Energy Supercross 2

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2018 9:49 AM

Markee wrote:

Man I see MXGP pro with a MESX mask on. Hope I am wrong.

I couldn't get into MXGP pro, I jumped back into MESX and I just seemed better to me in the traction area. Pro just had that riding a jet ski feel.

Yeah MXGP pro is so wishy washy to me. MESX definitely has the traction feeling that I prefer. Maybe it’s not as realistic but it makes it more enjoyable for sure.

|

12/11/2018 10:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2018 10:45 AM

Markee wrote:

Man I see MXGP pro with a MESX mask on. Hope I am wrong.

I couldn't get into MXGP pro, I jumped back into MESX and I just seemed better to me in the traction area. Pro just had that riding a jet ski feel.

craigathan404 wrote:

Yeah MXGP pro is so wishy washy to me. MESX definitely has the traction feeling that I prefer. Maybe it’s not as realistic but it makes it more enjoyable for sure.

I never even finished my career modes in MXGP Pro. I got into the game for a bit, but the physics just weren't enjoyable to me. They also went backwards on track deformation and ruts. That part has me baffled. MXGP 3 had decent ruts and they made a difference. MXGP pro barely had ruts, but they didn't make a difference. It's definitely not a game I'll throw in years down the road when I'm bored to reminisce.

|

12/11/2018 12:40 PM

greenmx5 wrote:

I never even finished my career modes in MXGP Pro. I got into the game for a bit, but the physics just weren't enjoyable to me. They also went backwards on track deformation and ruts. That part has me baffled. MXGP 3 had decent ruts and they made a difference. MXGP pro barely had ruts, but they didn't make a difference. It's definitely not a game I'll throw in years down the road when I'm bored to reminisce.

I agree pro wasn’t as good. When you went fast in a corner it would just crash also.

|

12/11/2018 12:45 PM

flatout111 wrote:

I love how Milestone are incorporating the whole sport, not just the racing. They are doing their best to make it the NBA2K of our sport which is an amazing thing, especially considering Milestone is not a huge team. Press day, meeting the fans, training, practices, qualifiers, mains, points series, career...wow.

Not being allowed to race for real teams is obviously some kind of breach in licensing. At least we have real teams in this game. But there are probably certain aspects of the license that prohibits this. Just like you can't play the real Justin Barcia on Red Bull KTM. That is licensing and I appreciate the fact that they keep it as real to true life (or to the past year it's based on) as possible.

I've said all along that a game is way more than just physics and ghost racing in exhibition races. Milestone gets it and I'm super thankful they do. This looks super immersive.

Press day, meet the fans, etc. doesn’t mean much if the game plays anything like MES 1 in my book

|

12/11/2018 7:14 PM

I hope we have an option to skip all the press day, meet the fans and training and just race and be competitive. I don’t like the idea of your popularity with fans making you faster. I don’t want to spend hours practicing a track and have someone beat me because they have more twitter followers.

|

12/11/2018 7:17 PM

If it’s anything like the MotoGP games, which are made by milestone, then you should have the option to skip them.

|

12/12/2018 2:15 AM

flatout111 wrote:

I love how Milestone are incorporating the whole sport, not just the racing. They are doing their best to make it the NBA2K of our sport which is an amazing thing, especially considering Milestone is not a huge team. Press day, meeting the fans, training, practices, qualifiers, mains, points series, career...wow.

Not being allowed to race for real teams is obviously some kind of breach in licensing. At least we have real teams in this game. But there are probably certain aspects of the license that prohibits this. Just like you can't play the real Justin Barcia on Red Bull KTM. That is licensing and I appreciate the fact that they keep it as real to true life (or to the past year it's based on) as possible.

I've said all along that a game is way more than just physics and ghost racing in exhibition races. Milestone gets it and I'm super thankful they do. This looks super immersive.

zehn wrote:

Press day, meet the fans, etc. doesn’t mean much if the game plays anything like MES 1 in my book

And that is fine to have that opinion. I, on the other hand, think that, OVERALL, MESX is and was the best moto game we've seen.

I think it is two different approaches and preferences. Both are valid. Some want just a game with solid arcade/simcade style physics that they can race one off exhibition style races on fictitious but, for the most part, good tracks or single one on one races online. Others, like myself, aren't satisfied with just the one off races and come from the school of more like NBA2K or MLB the Show and want a fully immersive season mode with at least competent AI and a full authentic experience. Yes, there are aspects of the physics and def the deformation in MVA that are way better. But that is a small part of a big picture...for me. And that is literally the only thing that is done arguably better in the other franchise. But there are MANY aspects to making a good sports game.

Honestly, I think we are very fortunate to have Milestone pushing the boundaries in the games for our sport. They've brought things that used to be done like full licensing, solid career and championship modes, full race day event schedules, a full field of riders on track (for SX), authentic presentation, track editor and lots more and also are now bringing aspects we've never seen before like the Agenda mode. That is building and growing the franchise and treating it like a sport. And I, personally, play these games for the immersion and full authentic experience.

But as I said, there are two different schools. I am glad we have both developers and their franchises. One suits me better.

Even if MESX isn't your cup of tea, and that is fine if not, you have to at least look at them and be glad someone is actually pushing the envelope with our sport in gaming. It has sat pretty much in the same place for over a decade (minus the addition of the excellent reflex rider control system) until they came along. But again, that is my opinion.

|

12/12/2018 7:25 PM

Saw this today! It would be really cool if they were updating the teams for this years game but I highly doubt it. I am assuming this means we are getting another game next year.

|

12/12/2018 11:45 PM

cjg23307 wrote:

Saw this today! It would be really cool if they were updating the teams for this years game but I highly doubt it. I am assuming this means we are getting another game next year.

Awesome. Nice to see the yearly iteration that all the major sports have in our sport as well. Building. Improving. Not a rebuild back to square one each title. But steadily making the franchise the best it can be with steady incremental improvements and as a full experience.

This is the approach EA and 2K took to build some of the longest running and successful franchises in sports gaming.

I can't see anyone not thinking this is a good thing. Dedication to our sport. I'd much rather have a steady, progressing and improving yearly iteration which in turn is a good ROI for the company than the sometimes requested "take 3 years off and really make it right" comment. We've seen how that has worked. In most cases, that many years between titles leads to no titles or franchises not able to sustain enough revenue to keep things going in the interim.

Good on the Milestone Boys for bringing the EA/2K approach to moto.

|

12/13/2018 4:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2018 4:46 AM

ai
ruts that are actually ruts
load times
traction....then add some more
more low end to engines
being able to see season stats-wins pole-heats etc
track breaking down causing you to actually change lines
realistic whoop sections
then we can work on graphics and whips.
much ty

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

12/13/2018 5:05 AM

smoothies862 wrote:

ai
load times
more low end to engines
realistic whoop sections
much ty

Don't forget a working clutch.

|

12/13/2018 8:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2018 8:39 AM

Add to that list collisions and blocking:
- Bikes riding on top of a group of riders heads,
- T-bone collisions
- Spinning the bike in front of you out.

I have the first MES and have played older MXGP games, just not the newest Pro version. One BIG annoyance in MES is how a player/ai can be behind me and use their front wheel to push my rear wheel to make me slide out, similar to how a car would make another car slide out. Front tires attempting to hit my bigger spinning rear wheel shouldn't do this crap. Basically gives the person behind me the advantage.

Just wondering if this this still possible in MXGP Pro, so I can expect that it is not fixed for MES2?

|

12/13/2018 9:32 AM

smoothies862 wrote:

ai
load times
more low end to engines
realistic whoop sections
much ty

This.

Seriously who gives a flying f about press day and meeting the fans so stupid

|

12/13/2018 9:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2018 10:56 AM

craigathan404 wrote:

greenmx5 wrote:

cjg23307 wrote:

I agree pro wasn’t as good. When you went fast in a corner it would just crash also.

I’m definitely in the minority on this but I prefer the feel on MXGP Pro, I just finished up and won a MX1 title in extreme career mode. That took allot of time and patience....lol

I think once you get use to how the bike reacts in Pro with everything realistic it’s actually really good. I play MESX and it doesn’t feel real.

|

12/13/2018 10:40 AM

smoothies862 wrote:

ai
load times
more low end to engines
realistic whoop sections
much ty

early wrote:

This.

I can think of one very vocal poster who cares more about press day than good gameplay.

|

12/13/2018 10:51 AM

zehn wrote:

I can think of one very vocal poster who cares more about press day than good gameplay.

Statistically insignificant outlier

|

12/13/2018 11:03 AM

smoothies862 wrote:

ai
load times
more low end to engines
realistic whoop sections
much ty

early wrote:

This.

zehn wrote:

Press day isn't that important, def not more important than gameplay however they do have to incorporate new ideas into the game with each iteration to push the envelope.

The idea that all that matters is physics is wrong. Yes, it is the core but other things matter. My reasoning.

All Out has very good arcade style physics but the AI is horrendous and it is of very little use single player. The championship/career mode is pathetic so basically it is either online one on one races or ghost racing. That all but makes it worthless to some. Even as much as I dig the Goat Farm. I need a full series. I come from the days of playing full seasons of other sports games. I realize today's gamers are different. Both are valid.

MXS... If you have tons of time is superb. However, again, not everyone plays online. It is useless single player as zero trained AI. And yes, single player and championship/career modes are still important. Ask huge franchises like MLB the Show and NBA2K. They invest a ton in those modes.

Yes, there are things needed in gameplay in MESX. And I'm sure improvements are being made. However, they can't just work on one single aspect. They will allocate resources to gameplay, some to presentation like adding Jeff, some to the enhanced track editor and some to a new idea like the Agenda mode which is an aspect very 2K like.

All I am saying is that they actually push the envelope with their moto games. Yes, their air physics aren't still amazing but then again some people are more concerned with racing than just whipping so some actually enjoy what they did.

Again... MESX was their first SX game. It was a very solid effort and in many many ways far superior to anything else we've seen.

But again. It's just an opinion.

|

12/13/2018 11:07 AM

I didn’t say anything about All Out. I just find the gameplay of MES extremely lacking. I deleted it less than a week after I bought it. I’ve picked it up a couple times to give it another go after some patches but it never gets any better.

The AI in MES is garbage. I can literally lap the entire field in a matter of laps on the hardest difficulty. That’s pretty horrendous IMO.

|

12/13/2018 11:15 AM

For the record, I think the main concentration, gameplay wise, should be actual rutted tracks and deformation. That is an aspect far superior in MVA. So yes, I want that addressed. But let's be realists. Milestone isn't going to overnight learn how to do the deformation. They are improving. That's what I want to see. Small, steady improvements and dedication to sticking around.

By the same token, MVA does some things brilliantly but some things they don't even get in the ballpark after like nearly 2 decades in the genre.

In the end, I am glad they both are here. Milestone needs to step up their deformation something awful so it's not so smooth. MVA needs to quit worrying about whips and program their riders to actually be able to stay on the track and make strides in their licensing.

As long as both are trying then I'll be supporting.

|

12/13/2018 11:46 AM

flatout111 wrote:

For the record, I think the main concentration, gameplay wise, should be actual rutted tracks and deformation. That is an aspect far superior in MVA. So yes, I want that addressed. But let's be realists. Milestone isn't going to overnight learn how to do the deformation. They are improving. That's what I want to see. Small, steady improvements and dedication to sticking around.

By the same token, MVA does some things brilliantly but some things they don't even get in the ballpark after like nearly 2 decades in the genre.

In the end, I am glad they both are here. Milestone needs to step up their deformation something awful so it's not so smooth. MVA needs to quit worrying about whips and program their riders to actually be able to stay on the track and make strides in their licensing.

As long as both are trying then I'll be supporting.

I like MES but I'm not planning on buying MES 2 because the improvements don't seem significant enough to warrant it. Throwing in a few new cut scenes and training options is just something to change to sell a new copy, it's just BNG.

|

12/14/2018 11:32 AM

MESX game play and race-ability is very very good. Yes, room for improvement. I hope they make that a priority over the new "life of a racer" features. The racing and riding experience should the the reward.
|

spodestracks Instagram
spodestracks Website
spodestracks Youtube

12/14/2018 11:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2018 11:56 AM

SPODEBOY wrote:
MESX game play and race-ability is very very good. Yes, room for improvement. I hope they make that a priority over the new "life of a racer" features. The racing and riding experience should the the reward.

Alot of people don’t agree with you. There’s very little replay-ability after you’ve completed a championship, if you even get that far. Online is mostly unplayable. The AI is so awful that there’s basically no reason to try to race them.

Custom tracks are cool for the most part but Milestone is what, 5 games in and they still haven’t improved many of the flaws that the very first game had? After buying MXGP Pro I won’t purchase another game from them unless they have a major overhaul of the game and physics.

|

12/14/2018 11:58 AM

If I have to wait 20 minutes for the game to load between races like in MESX, MESX2 will get tossed in a drawer and forgotten.

So if that issue is fixed, I could care less about any other updates

|

12/14/2018 12:01 PM

SPODEBOY wrote:

Thank you for all the tracks you created. This is maybe the best aspect of the game, there are an almost unlimited number of tracks available to play.

|

12/14/2018 12:02 PM

footglove wrote:

If I have to wait 20 minutes for the game to load between races like in MESX, MESX2 will get tossed in a drawer and forgotten.

So if that issue is fixed, I could care less about any other updates

It’s bacially the exact same game as MES 1 just with 2018 tracks. Whether that’s worth the price is up to you.

|

12/14/2018 12:44 PM

I’ve been gaming all the way back to the Atari 2600 and a 286 PC days. Yes I am old and not very good at the games anymore but I still enjoy playing them. Do the car racing sims more than anything else. Got a real nice setup for those. I still enjoy MESX and have fun with it. I like MXGP Pro also. I still play them both and have fun with them. MX vs ATV All Out I tried to like but can’t corner for shit in that game. I will pre-order MESX 2 as soon as it is available on the Microsoft store. Looking forward to it.

|

12/17/2018 10:15 AM

|

12/18/2018 6:20 AM

I personally don't understand why so many people play career mode on Milestone games. I know I can't be the only one who exceeds the AI's capabilities within the first day of playing any moto game and has to resort to online for the actual competition. That being said, and with my 150+ hours on GP Pro alone, I feel like most of the people here don't understand how much of an improvement GP Pro was over their previous games.

First off, the game has amazing ruts. You wouldn't know this if you play career mode exclusively because the cluster f*** that is the AI - bulldozing down the track and taking 50 different paths through corners. If you spend time in time attack or a decent online lobby and work on hitting the same lines, hitting your brake points and rolling onto the throttle, you quickly see how much keeping your tires in the ruts helps you accelerate faster and that the ruts grab you better as the laps roll by.

Second, and this is tied to the first, traction. Yes, GP Pro is slick af, especially with pro physics. The physics change had me cussing and screaming the first week of release because I couldn't go two corners without blowing out berms or washing the rear tire out. What I immediately chalked up as bad ground physics I later learned was bad playing habits. I played this game like SX1 or any Rainbow game - just f'n hold'r wide open and let'r eat!! This is the first milestone game where throttle control (and clutch control because this game actually has a great clutch!) is the root of the skillgap. You log more hours on the game and you learn the quirks of the tracks and figure out how not to lean too far in the corners, how to roll on the throttle, and how to brake without throwing your back wheel in the air and blowing out corners. It's really a fantastic game if you take the time to learn it.

Now on to SX2 and what the hardcore mx game fans want to see. First off, they need to take the physics from GP pro and blend a little bit of the old SX1 physics with it. GP pro does well by calculating the impact on hard landings and causing fall offs if you OJ too far, but in it's current state with GP Pro it would be a horrible experience with fall offs happening in every rhythm section for the new player. What the game needs is something that is forgiving enough for a player to case a triple in a rhythm section (not a big triple jump) and still ride out, albeit with a significant decrease in speed. However, it needs to be sensitive enough that you can't just take a rhythm section like a set of whoops as many people did in SX1.

Second, they need to ditch the scrub animation. Logging a disappointing amount of time on GP Pro taught me that not only was the scrub animation quirky and difficult to utilize, it's downright slower. You can lift the front wheel and lean forward on the crest of the jump while tapping your rear brake and stay at least 20% lower than the scrub animations on 99% of jumps in the game. Not to mention you can easily engage the animation in corners or straights and just eat it.

Lastly, they need to do something about online multiplayer. We are all moto fans and we all appreciate the competition of the sport first and foremost. I just don't understand how Milestone missed how much online lobbies add to the playability of a game. 2K, COD, PUBG, Fork-knife, BF all wouldn't be the A-list games they are without online multiplayer. The fact that we are given local lobby hosting rather than dedicated servers is abhorrent. And Milestone has no excuse because they use fantastic dedicated servers for Ride. I feel like the devs at Milestone really don't understand their market at all.

Damn that is longer than I thought it would be, but I feel that someone in my position who plays these games religiously and happily forks out $120 a year to fund Milestone's efforts regardless needs to get his opinion out there. They are doing a great job with continuously improving the game. I just feel that the mx gaming community would appreciate a game more focused on online multiplayer than interacting with fans in career mode, but that's just like, my opinion man...

BTW, if you play any of these games on Xbox 1, feel free to add me if you want to grind some laps. My gt is Scrallex.

|

12/18/2018 6:37 AM

early wrote:

This.

Exactly.

Chances are the whole "press day" facade won't be much more than a selection of three poorly animated questions after a race that will have no meaningful outcome, you can also expect a generic rider area with a pc where you can check your e-mails for your basic sponsorship choices after winning races and ALSO, to check the super badass twitter feed that we all loved so much from the first game.

All sarcasm aside, the game looks the same as the first MES, with some GPPRO features dumped on top to give it a superficial fresh coat of paint look, nothing else.

We've been playing the same game for years now if you think about it.

|

12/18/2018 7:03 AM

JohnnyMc wrote:

Add to that list collisions and blocking:
- Bikes riding on top of a group of riders heads,
- T-bone collisions
- Spinning the bike in front of you out.

I have the first MES and have played older MXGP games, just not the newest Pro version. One BIG annoyance in MES is how a player/ai can be behind me and use their front wheel to push my rear wheel to make me slide out, similar to how a car would make another car slide out. Front tires attempting to hit my bigger spinning rear wheel shouldn't do this crap. Basically gives the person behind me the advantage.

Just wondering if this this still possible in MXGP Pro, so I can expect that it is not fixed for MES2?

You CAN take someone out IRL by pushing their rear tire with your front tire coming into corners.

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000