Monster Energy Supercross 2

4/24/2019 9:59pm
Sweetd31 wrote:
Replace Feld with milestone shareholders and you’d be correct. Feld gets no piece of the revenue, he made his money the day he licensed the game...
Replace Feld with milestone shareholders and you’d be correct. Feld gets no piece of the revenue, he made his money the day he licensed the game.

Semi-annual releases (MES & MXGP) is nothing more than greed

Rainbow is doing it right, pure marketing geniuses.
True but we don't know the licensing agreement - Feld could have sold the license stipulating the games would be released for a certain amount of seasons, etc. Doesn't matter though, I'm okay with it either way.
TallonT911
4/24/2019 11:32pm
level wrote:
I just started playing monster energy sx one and it’s awful. The physics are just terrible. You can’t control the bike. It’s all over the place...
I just started playing monster energy sx one and it’s awful. The physics are just terrible.

You can’t control the bike. It’s all over the place. The 450 is about impossible. Oddly the 250f is manageable and much better When I’ve been playing in career mode. However you can’t make it over any triples most the time.

Also the track is so crowded with other bikes unless you get out front you are just banging into them the whole time. It’s so frustrating.

Maybe I just need to learn the game more but if 2 is like 1 then I’m afraid I’ll hate it as well.
I feel like throwing my controller against the wall the bike is so out of control and off the track.

It also lags in traffic and freezes for a tad second.
MotoMo165 wrote:
Man, everyone likes the 250fs until they get good. I’ve gone thru a similar pattern since gppro and sx1. I will say, once you learn to...
Man, everyone likes the 250fs until they get good. I’ve gone thru a similar pattern since gppro and sx1. I will say, once you learn to how to play the 450 is more fun. Sx1 feels wonky as hell sx2 feels more planted, but is also harder, so there’s that.
250s in sx 2 are still pretty fun even after mastering the 450s. 250s in sx2 cAn actually jump further more easy than 450... 250s shred in sx2 tho
level wrote:
Good to know. I’m just going to keep at it and figure it out and get the muscle memory thing down and reevaluate. I just can’t...
Good to know. I’m just going to keep at it and figure it out and get the muscle memory thing down and reevaluate. I just can’t believe how different the 250 vs 450 corners and handles. It’s so drastically different.
It’s hard the first couple times you play, once you learn the tracks and lines it gets a lot more fun. Use manual transmission, you’ll be able to turn better in a lower gear/slow down by down shifting. Also I think I used the rear brake a lot to slide the rear end around on 1, can’t use that technique on 2 though
greenmx5
4/25/2019 5:10am
As far as trying hard to push out a new game every year - you have to remember that it is probably the license agreement with...
As far as trying hard to push out a new game every year - you have to remember that it is probably the license agreement with Feld that requires this. Feld would not want to sit around for two years for licensed game to come missing the hype of each season for sales. If Milestone didn't do it, then some other developer would. It is the same with almost all sports related games.

I would much prefer major releases spread out over years and have downloadable content for new seasons and tracks regularly, but I just don't think that is going to happen.
Sweetd31 wrote:
Replace Feld with milestone shareholders and you’d be correct. Feld gets no piece of the revenue, he made his money the day he licensed the game...
Replace Feld with milestone shareholders and you’d be correct. Feld gets no piece of the revenue, he made his money the day he licensed the game.

MX vs ATV told the fans for a decade that making a fully licensed game is impossible to do these days. Then came Milestone with the supercross games.
chuckdavies
4/25/2019 6:00am
level wrote:
I just started playing monster energy sx one and it’s awful. The physics are just terrible. You can’t control the bike. It’s all over the place...
I just started playing monster energy sx one and it’s awful. The physics are just terrible.

You can’t control the bike. It’s all over the place. The 450 is about impossible. Oddly the 250f is manageable and much better When I’ve been playing in career mode. However you can’t make it over any triples most the time.

Also the track is so crowded with other bikes unless you get out front you are just banging into them the whole time. It’s so frustrating.

Maybe I just need to learn the game more but if 2 is like 1 then I’m afraid I’ll hate it as well.
I feel like throwing my controller against the wall the bike is so out of control and off the track.

It also lags in traffic and freezes for a tad second.
Hate to say it but sounds like you just aren't used to it yet...

"You can't control the bike. It's all over the place" isn't how the gameplay is. I've raced countless hours on SX1 online with friends and when you're better at the game you can click off some really quick, perfect laps. Physics are far from terrible, although the whips and scrubs aren't good.

The Shop

level
4/25/2019 7:44am
Yeah I’m getting better just trying to figure out when to use the left stick or bike to lean in corners and when to use the right or both. It turns great some corners and others not at all. Like you said just matter getting used to it.
Sweetd31
4/25/2019 10:57am
As far as trying hard to push out a new game every year - you have to remember that it is probably the license agreement with...
As far as trying hard to push out a new game every year - you have to remember that it is probably the license agreement with Feld that requires this. Feld would not want to sit around for two years for licensed game to come missing the hype of each season for sales. If Milestone didn't do it, then some other developer would. It is the same with almost all sports related games.

I would much prefer major releases spread out over years and have downloadable content for new seasons and tracks regularly, but I just don't think that is going to happen.
Sweetd31 wrote:

greenmx5 wrote:
MX vs ATV told the fans for a decade that making a fully licensed game is impossible to do these days. Then came Milestone with the...
MX vs ATV told the fans for a decade that making a fully licensed game is impossible to do these days. Then came Milestone with the supercross games.
Yet here they are with the AMA lisence. Was it strictly for Arenacross, possibly? Maybe not.

Competition will continue to serve these companies well.
crockett
4/25/2019 10:59am
Which button are you assigning for rear brake?
SPODEBOY
4/25/2019 12:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2019 12:48pm
level wrote:
Yeah I’m getting better just trying to figure out when to use the left stick or bike to lean in corners and when to use the...
Yeah I’m getting better just trying to figure out when to use the left stick or bike to lean in corners and when to use the right or both. It turns great some corners and others not at all. Like you said just matter getting used to it.
A couple things. First realize this is not like any other SX game to date. It is meant to be more realistic. So it's harder and it punishes you quicker for trying to ride like its MCM1, MCM2, REFLEX, UNTAMED, UNLEASHED, ALIVE, or ALL OUT.

1). Buy the KTM first. Mod it all up. It is THE fastest bike in the game making your experience a tad easier at first.

2). Separate the brake controls. This will allow you turn initiate a turn much easier using the rear brake.

3). At first using the left stick more than the right stick kinda helps till you get both dialed..

4). Get used to the way the rider weight input effects the handling. Once you master this one thing you will start having a ton of fun.

5). Always remember to try and be CLEAN through rhythms. Downside stuff etc.

6). Slow down in your head and give it time.

7). Learn the manual shifting process. Gearing down at the end of long fast straights is very effective. (Trust the process)

8). Lastly and most important. Search the term SPX in the online track menu and race all my replica tracks.

Hope this helps.
HoosierMad
4/25/2019 1:22pm
I'm so on the fence about getting MESX1. I really want to race as Roczen. It's a stripped down version of 2. I get that.

I get Roczen and Dungey, but what about the DLC stuff? Is it interesting? I know MP will be dead, and that's fine I guess, but I watched some videos... and some people like SX1 better.

Part of me doesn't care and just wants to get it, but I just spend 50 bucks on SX2. What tracks are different on SX1? I know a couple are different.

Also, I read above... the KTM is faster? I thought all the bikes were the same, based off mods to make them different? Interesting.
fourfourone
4/25/2019 1:42pm
you can also shift with it in auto mode. Just hit the shift buttons and you can go up or down whenever you want. I always click into a higher gear right before whoops. You will go way faster.
MotoMo165
4/25/2019 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2019 3:10pm
level wrote:
Yeah I’m getting better just trying to figure out when to use the left stick or bike to lean in corners and when to use the...
SPODEBOY wrote:
A couple things. First realize this is not like any other SX game to date. It is meant to be more realistic. So it's harder and...
A couple things. First realize this is not like any other SX game to date. It is meant to be more realistic. So it's harder and it punishes you quicker for trying to ride like its MCM1, MCM2, REFLEX, UNTAMED, UNLEASHED, ALIVE, or ALL OUT.

1). Buy the KTM first. Mod it all up. It is THE fastest bike in the game making your experience a tad easier at first.

2). Separate the brake controls. This will allow you turn initiate a turn much easier using the rear brake.

3). At first using the left stick more than the right stick kinda helps till you get both dialed..

4). Get used to the way the rider weight input effects the handling. Once you master this one thing you will start having a ton of fun.

5). Always remember to try and be CLEAN through rhythms. Downside stuff etc.

6). Slow down in your head and give it time.

7). Learn the manual shifting process. Gearing down at the end of long fast straights is very effective. (Trust the process)

8). Lastly and most important. Search the term SPX in the online track menu and race all my replica tracks.

Hope this helps.
There was a poster saying the cornering isn’t that much different than mesx1 then went on to say he has the brakes connected.. haha like bro your honestly a lot slower just cause of that.

Rear brake is mapped to right bumber for me.

@SweetD
Any company can leash along their fans for a whole year with lies lol I could think of a few better advertising techniques, but that one is by far the cheapest lol
Sweetd31
4/25/2019 3:40pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
There was a poster saying the cornering isn’t that much different than mesx1 then went on to say he has the brakes connected.. haha like bro...
There was a poster saying the cornering isn’t that much different than mesx1 then went on to say he has the brakes connected.. haha like bro your honestly a lot slower just cause of that.

Rear brake is mapped to right bumber for me.

@SweetD
Any company can leash along their fans for a whole year with lies lol I could think of a few better advertising techniques, but that one is by far the cheapest lol
Yeah that’s all I was trying to say. Keep people wanting more (excited) + the cost of running a social media account is 0$

It actually is good marketing

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/25/2019 3:47pm
Anyone know if there is a list of top laptimes somewhere?
I have 2 pretty good tracks and I'd like to know how many seconds I'm off of the top guys Whistling
level
4/25/2019 3:58pm
Is manual tranny really necessary to play it right?Seems like a lot of extra work so I’ve went manual on everything except the tranny in msx1
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/25/2019 4:09pm
level wrote:
Is manual tranny really necessary to play it right?Seems like a lot of extra work so I’ve went manual on everything except the tranny in msx1
Yeah I think so. The automatic is pretty good everywhere but on jump faces. When I used it a lot of times it would shift up to 3rd right before taking off, causing me to case the jump.. Doing it manually is not that complicated, not even on a keyboard
4/25/2019 4:31pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Anyone know if there is a list of top laptimes somewhere? I have 2 pretty good tracks and I'd like to know how many seconds I'm...
I have 2 pretty good tracks and I'd like to know how many seconds I'm off of the top guys Whistling
You should be able to view the top times if you go into time attack mode - it will show for the platform you are playing on (PC, Xbox, PS4, etc.)
HoosierMad
4/25/2019 4:54pm
Sometimes in quick match, people will be frozen when I pass them, and stuff... any reason why? I guess it's a poor connection?

Also, do I have to beat someone's ghost directly to get in the leaderboards?
4/25/2019 5:10pm
HoosierMad wrote:
Sometimes in quick match, people will be frozen when I pass them, and stuff... any reason why? I guess it's a poor connection? Also, do I...
Sometimes in quick match, people will be frozen when I pass them, and stuff... any reason why? I guess it's a poor connection?

Also, do I have to beat someone's ghost directly to get in the leaderboards?
In online play, there are no dedicated servers for this game so someone in the lobby acts as a host. The quality of the match will depend on the hosts connection and everyone else's.

The ghost is just a representation of the time that person, or yourself has done. You can select anyone from the leader board to race against that ghost or even a "suggested" one that is close to your best time but slightly better. I'm not sure how far the leader board goes up to, but i've always been able to see mine. Be sure to "Go to Pits" then exit to main menu to make sure it saves properly for the session when you are done.
4/25/2019 5:39pm
level wrote:
It isn't necessary and I didn't use it for a long time. It is really not that hard once you have all the other mechanics of the game figured out somewhat. Manual gears allow for better engine braking and you can ensure that you are in the correct gear for a section - sometimes automatic will shift up when you don't want it to. There are some rhythm sections where you can hit some things in 2nd gear perfectly but if you were in 3rd you might over jump.
MotoMo165
4/25/2019 6:00pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Anyone know if there is a list of top laptimes somewhere? I have 2 pretty good tracks and I'd like to know how many seconds I'm...
Haha what two tracks and what times? I’m top 10 or 5 on almost all of them but a few. My stupid lap times won’t save to the leaderboards ? who knows how many other people have the Same issue, but based from the times I can see
level
4/25/2019 9:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2019 9:10pm
What bike settings do you guys use? I just leave all the bars in the middle or default.

Also let’s say you are going into a corner and I realize all corners act different. What I’ve been doing is ride the berm if it’s a tall berm and slow down but not brake then turn with the bike and rider a little and then gas it right before I leave the turn. Tends to work except when there is no tall berm.
The issue I am having is coming out of corners with more speed and keeping the damn bike straight because the sticks are so sensitive when I go to hit the jump I’m sideways and all over and end up off the track or hitting the damn Hale bales sometimes.
I know I’ll figure it out eventually but some tips would help.
Turney918
4/25/2019 10:26pm
Has anyone else played the new compound with 3 sx tracks and a new mx track?

Also came across mxgp pro for 12$ if anyone 8s interested. I never have played it but I did buy a copy. I hope the link works.
mxgp pro

Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
4/25/2019 10:46pm
level wrote:
Manuel transmission is really good for controlling the engine speed in the game. Take a corner in third and roll on out of it is more controllable, click down to section and you will get more acceleration but can be difficult to control/flow.

I also like click to 4th in the whoops and let it eat!!

I cant ride the 450 with an auto because im not good enough to control the power so just run corners in third and try focus on momentum and then it gets into the meat of the power as it comes out and I can still overjump every jump
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/26/2019 4:26am
crusty_xx wrote:
You should be able to view the top times if you go into time attack mode - it will show for the platform you are playing...
You should be able to view the top times if you go into time attack mode - it will show for the platform you are playing on (PC, Xbox, PS4, etc.)
Got it, Thanks!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/26/2019 4:27am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2019 4:44am
crusty_xx wrote:
MotoMo165 wrote:
Haha what two tracks and what times? I’m top 10 or 5 on almost all of them but a few. My stupid lap times won’t save...
Haha what two tracks and what times? I’m top 10 or 5 on almost all of them but a few. My stupid lap times won’t save to the leaderboards ? who knows how many other people have the Same issue, but based from the times I can see
Houston 1:02.5 is pretty decent after checking the leaderboard.
San Diego 55.9 isn't that good after all Whistling 4 seconds off...

edit: actually I mixed up SD with Minneapolis (50.4)
SPODEBOY
4/26/2019 11:53am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2019 11:55am

I spent 5 hours creating custom starts then trying the two stock starts and finally ending up with what the initial track design is showing. After lap one that left jumping back over the start straight was very hard to duplicate with any sense of realism.

If Milestone would just add a straight hole-shot, and a right handed hole-shot to the editor it would make life a lot easier. My version of the track is pretty much done. I will make adjustments after I see practice tomorrow.

HoosierMad
4/26/2019 12:38pm
So I ended up getting the SX1 game for 15 total, special edition. That SX multiplier is nice lol.

It's nice to see that the compound is completely different and that some of the tracks are different. I really enjoyed the Energy Cup race. That was cool.

The game feels different. It's weird to say, but it's kinda like a different game. The layouts are so unique and the feel is different. It's a bit more chill feeling I think? The graphics aren't quite as nice as the 2nd game, but I mean it's really close.

I like the dirt more in the 2nd game for sure. I somewhat prefer the feel of the 1st game. I like both a lot, and there's not much difference in the feel, but it's enough to keep me playing both I think.

It's a bit more forgiving like people had said on here. It's really cool to ride as Roczen as well of course.

Turning feels a touch easier I think. I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I was somewhat worried that it would be too much like #2, but it really isn't. I'm surprised how it rides differently.

I like some of the layouts and screens better in the 1st game. Overall I still like #2 more I think, but not by much.

Pretty cool.

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Supercross 2

The Latest