Monster Energy Supercross 2

flatout111
10/17/2018 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2018 5:07pm
I was off today and played MESX most of the day as I'm super excited for 2. Y'know, people always talk junk on Milestone's air physics but I swear I think they are pretty good. Nothing is crazy exaggerated (in distance or height), and when you pull back at the face of a jump to huck it really feels right. It just feels tuned about right with nothing too crazy. And I'm not talking whips and scrubs, just control.

I just know a lot of people, particularly fans of All Out, always act like MESX's air physics are abysmal and I think quite the opposite. MVA does a lot right in the air but this whole whip so large that you're facing backwards on every big jump like you're Edgar Torronteras is just ridiculous and you never see that in an actual SX or MX race. Freestyle, yes. Real racing, no. So I'm not sure why it is so important to a lot of race fans.

Anyway, just saying. And for the record, I think All Out's air physics feel great, I'm just over all this upside down, backwards facing and oppo whips that everyone does when they play the game. Just like race, man. Smile

I'm just stoked we have an official SX game, MXGP game and a solid more arcade MVA game. It is a good time for console MX/SX gamers.
cjg23307
10/17/2018 9:04pm
I did not see Roczen on the list of players, unfortunately. We'll be posting the full list of riders at some point.
That’s crazy. They would leave him out of it if so. He made custom tracks online and posted vids of him playing the game. Can’t believe he might not be in it.
flatout111
10/18/2018 4:01am
I did not see Roczen on the list of players, unfortunately. We'll be posting the full list of riders at some point.
cjg23307 wrote:
That’s crazy. They would leave him out of it if so. He made custom tracks online and posted vids of him playing the game. Can’t believe...
That’s crazy. They would leave him out of it if so. He made custom tracks online and posted vids of him playing the game. Can’t believe he might not be in it.
Milestone has said in the past they want everyone in their games. If they are not there it is either the rider chooses not to be in it or financial reasons.
MotoMo165
10/18/2018 5:21am
To say MES 1 had good physics is a far reach man lol the seat bouncing felt like absolute shit in that game and looked like it too. I’m not a fan of all outs physics either and enjoy milestones games more than rainbow (for obvious reasons) but to say that, you are definitely in the minority.
MES2 is hopefully more challenging

The Shop

greenmx5
10/18/2018 5:59am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2018 6:01am
Just judging off the little bit of videos and screenshots we've seen so far, it looks like the ruts are deeper.

I'm still baffled at how the ruts in MXGP 3 were heading in the right direction and actually made a difference and in MXGP Pro, they didn't do a thing and barely existed. MXGP Pro to me felt like a fail in the series. MES and MXGP 3 are definitely my favorites.
10/18/2018 8:28am
I hope they have a good grip on customization. I feel like for their past 4 games, I’ve used the exact same graphics for every bike. I hope they don’t use some of the weird euro gear as well.

One idea I thought would be really cool is if you could customize your own compound. Use the track editor to chose what style of compound you want, in the woods like jgr, desert location like the old Alessi’s or Mumford’s, so cal test track like the factory’s, etc. You could build two or three different tracks on your compound, or one big one. Also, you could play people online and invite people to your compound, almost like NBA 2k. Obviously this won’t happen on this release, but in the future it could be really cool. I would love to be able to choose a location to build a track instead of always have to build them in the stadium. Also to, the compound tracks always suck. I thought mxgp 2 had the best compound, but even the sx track was not that good.
willie838
10/18/2018 9:42am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Something more along the lines of mxgp or mxgp2? Where you earn a ride and all that?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Maybe? No clue. I only played MXGP or MXGP 2 for a little bit years ago. Not enough to remember much of anything. I didn't buy...
Maybe? No clue. I only played MXGP or MXGP 2 for a little bit years ago. Not enough to remember much of anything.

I didn't buy MXGP 3 or MXGP Pro. Passed on those and might pass on MES 2/2018.

It would be cool if it would be similar to F1. If you sign with a lower level team your bikes aren't as competitive and you need to aim at finishing mid pack. Top team, bikes are more competitive and your goals are to finish on the podium. If anyone has played an F1 game you know how difficult it can be to finish mid pack with a shitty car. They have test sessions with goals you have to reach to develop a better car. Then again you can choose the length of your career. Anything from 1 year to 7+ years so there's plenty of time to improve the car if you decide to stick with the same team.
kNewc wrote:
MXGP Pro is set up just as your F1 scenario you mentioned. You don't get good shit until you win a championship. However you don't have...
MXGP Pro is set up just as your F1 scenario you mentioned. You don't get good shit until you win a championship. However you don't have test sessions.
oh damn......

i skipped it because i missed this fact...

was just on sale for 35 during a ps flash sale as well......

i thought it had barely any upgrades at all besides some tweaked physics that were.......just different than 3, not necessarily better or worse.

MotoMo165
10/18/2018 10:40am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Maybe? No clue. I only played MXGP or MXGP 2 for a little bit years ago. Not enough to remember much of anything. I didn't buy...
Maybe? No clue. I only played MXGP or MXGP 2 for a little bit years ago. Not enough to remember much of anything.

I didn't buy MXGP 3 or MXGP Pro. Passed on those and might pass on MES 2/2018.

It would be cool if it would be similar to F1. If you sign with a lower level team your bikes aren't as competitive and you need to aim at finishing mid pack. Top team, bikes are more competitive and your goals are to finish on the podium. If anyone has played an F1 game you know how difficult it can be to finish mid pack with a shitty car. They have test sessions with goals you have to reach to develop a better car. Then again you can choose the length of your career. Anything from 1 year to 7+ years so there's plenty of time to improve the car if you decide to stick with the same team.
kNewc wrote:
MXGP Pro is set up just as your F1 scenario you mentioned. You don't get good shit until you win a championship. However you don't have...
MXGP Pro is set up just as your F1 scenario you mentioned. You don't get good shit until you win a championship. However you don't have test sessions.
willie838 wrote:
oh damn...... i skipped it because i missed this fact... was just on sale for 35 during a ps flash sale as well...... i thought it...
oh damn......

i skipped it because i missed this fact...

was just on sale for 35 during a ps flash sale as well......

i thought it had barely any upgrades at all besides some tweaked physics that were.......just different than 3, not necessarily better or worse.

That’s wrong. All you need is credits to have a fast bike. I didn’t plat more than 4 career races and gave 2.5 mil credits and all I do is race online. Have every bike modded out as far as it can go.
Now you can compete “training” sessions for 5 skill improvements these are very subtle skill improvements
gym_jackets
10/18/2018 11:14am
MotoMo165 wrote:
That’s wrong. All you need is credits to have a fast bike. I didn’t plat more than 4 career races and gave 2.5 mil credits and...
That’s wrong. All you need is credits to have a fast bike. I didn’t plat more than 4 career races and gave 2.5 mil credits and all I do is race online. Have every bike modded out as far as it can go.
Now you can compete “training” sessions for 5 skill improvements these are very subtle skill improvements
If you play the career mode, the only way to get better parts for your bike is through sponsorships, which you unlock the more you play the career mode. So yes, online your bike is pretty much only dependent on your money. In career, it is more dependent on how much you played the career mode and how well you have done.
10/19/2018 9:15am
Hope you guys enjoyed those interviews and I hope they we're helpful! I had a blast doing them. Smile
gt757
10/19/2018 9:31am
Hope you guys enjoyed those interviews and I hope they we're helpful! I had a blast doing them. Smile
Thanks for your work man!
Do you have any idea when gameplay will be shown?
flatout111
10/19/2018 9:37am
Thanks so much for the SYS videos, man. Great stuff.

What I love about this game series is that it is so tied to the industry. That is important to me. Capturing the full atmosphere, immersion and yes, authenticity just really puts this series above all other SX games. The MESX series ranks at the top followed by the EA series back in the day.

I know some just want great whips and scrubs but to me that isn't even important. Not for racing. Good control is, however, and I enjoy the first MESX's control but yes, there is room for improvement. And I am sure we will see steady progression from Milestone in physics, gameplay and presentation as well as nice additions to an already nice career mode and track editor.

One thing I am stoked they are improving upon is adding to the authentic presentation of the game by adding Fro into it. I used to love, back in the day, hearing Art and David on EA Sports Supercross 2000. And having the real announcers like Ralph and now Fro just, again, adds to the immersion. No, some could care less, but to me the overall presentation from the camera shots, announcing, running orders, etc is a very important, often underrated aspect of sports gaming. Nice to see this series being the first since EA to actually try to capture the broadcast feel like ALL of the other sports games do.

RBSR tomorrow then A1 and then Feb. 8th for MESX 2. Good times are coming!
10/19/2018 9:47am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2018 9:47am
gt757 wrote:
Thanks for your work man!
Do you have any idea when gameplay will be shown?
Trust me when I say, SYS will be the one of the first companies to be releasing gameplay footage. For now, gameplay footage has been embargoed. Make sure you are subscribed to our youtube channel so that you wont miss when we release it!
10/19/2018 9:58am
Has there been any mention of bike graphics in career mode? Probably the biggest turn off for me in the first game was that you had to use those stupid ass sponsor graphics that made the bike look like complete trash. In the earlier MXGP games you worked your way up and could get hired by real teams, which was great. Any info on that?
10/19/2018 10:07am
Has there been any mention of bike graphics in career mode? Probably the biggest turn off for me in the first game was that you had...
Has there been any mention of bike graphics in career mode? Probably the biggest turn off for me in the first game was that you had to use those stupid ass sponsor graphics that made the bike look like complete trash. In the earlier MXGP games you worked your way up and could get hired by real teams, which was great. Any info on that?
Confirmed. Lots more graphic options in this game, including animated ones.
10/19/2018 10:36am
Surely they have to update the AI difficulty? They just need one more difficulty level for the top guys to play against. I know myself and plenty of others can smoke the Ai by 20-30 seconds in a 5 lap main.
greenmx5
10/19/2018 11:00am
Surely they have to update the AI difficulty? They just need one more difficulty level for the top guys to play against. I know myself and...
Surely they have to update the AI difficulty? They just need one more difficulty level for the top guys to play against. I know myself and plenty of others can smoke the Ai by 20-30 seconds in a 5 lap main.
Its crazy how the AI worked in MES 1. There's some track you could lap the whole AI in a race and then places like A2 where you had to be on your A game the whole race.
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
10/19/2018 5:39pm
I hope the physics don’t change to much, especially not in the direction of MXGP, pumped to play MES2
10/19/2018 6:05pm
I hope the physics don’t change to much, especially not in the direction of MXGP, pumped to play MES2
I’ve been playing MES1 since they announced the new one and I’ll admit MES1 feels really really good. MXGP pro you have to sorta tip toe around and be very careful. It might be more realistic but I preferred MES.

When you get MXGP pro figured out it really feels rewarding though. Either way I think I’ll still be happy, they could get rid of the crashing every time you OJ by .5 feet though.
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
10/19/2018 7:33pm
I’ve been playing MES1 since they announced the new one and I’ll admit MES1 feels really really good. MXGP pro you have to sorta tip toe...
I’ve been playing MES1 since they announced the new one and I’ll admit MES1 feels really really good. MXGP pro you have to sorta tip toe around and be very careful. It might be more realistic but I preferred MES.

When you get MXGP pro figured out it really feels rewarding though. Either way I think I’ll still be happy, they could get rid of the crashing every time you OJ by .5 feet though.
Yeah Pro had some good things and bad. I just hate how tight everything feels, restricted. MES is perfect with some tweaking in areas.
jeffro503
10/19/2018 9:54pm
I’ve been playing MES1 since they announced the new one and I’ll admit MES1 feels really really good. MXGP pro you have to sorta tip toe...

@Craig , or anyone else. I have ran quite a few tests here at home with clocking the speed of the Ai. I myself run an old school setup on my game pad ( joint brakes and an auto transmission ). I have the Ai set on realistic , but with my handicap's that I use , have you noticed on any track's where the Ai might be faster , as if I wasn't to use the handicap's? What I'm asking is , would the Ai be faster in my game if I didn't use an auto tranny and joint brakes?
10/19/2018 10:57pm
jeffro503 wrote:
@Craig , or anyone else. I have ran quite a few tests here at home with clocking the speed of the Ai. I myself run an...
@Craig , or anyone else. I have ran quite a few tests here at home with clocking the speed of the Ai. I myself run an old school setup on my game pad ( joint brakes and an auto transmission ). I have the Ai set on realistic , but with my handicap's that I use , have you noticed on any track's where the Ai might be faster , as if I wasn't to use the handicap's? What I'm asking is , would the Ai be faster in my game if I didn't use an auto tranny and joint brakes?
Honestly I’m not sure. I run no assists or anything. I’ll have to spin some laps tonight with assists and report back to you.

When I do pay attention to what the AI are doing, it seems they are really good in the flat turns. It almost seems like they are on a slot car track. Otherwise, they seem to just be really inconsistent, and on most tracks they don’t hit the big rhythms like us human players can. Also, they don’t hit wall jumps nearly as fast as we can.

I’ve always said that milestone needs to fly a couple of the top guys to their studio, let them watch us play, and give them feedback. I think they do a great job at making the game playable for new players (my friends loved coming over and playing) but they need to do a better job at keeping people around when they master the game. DLC is great and all, but it still isn’t fun when the hardest AI in the game are 5-6 seconds a lap slower. Maybe they should give Codemasters a call and ask them how their AI are so damn good.Whistling
10/20/2018 10:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2018 11:13pm
Attached is a pic of how poor the AI are on some tracks.. This is on the start. 40th gate pick on the start. hardest difficulty and no assists.. I’m #3 on the yamaha
gt757
11/8/2018 12:59pm
Some gameplay shots i found, i thought the whoops were going to be bigger but they seem kind of the same

MotoMo165
11/8/2018 1:20pm
Attached is a pic of how poor the AI are on some tracks.. This is on the start. 40th gate pick on the start. hardest difficulty...
Attached is a pic of how poor the AI are on some tracks.. This is on the start. 40th gate pick on the start. hardest difficulty and no assists.. I’m #3 on the yamaha
Bro if you want a real challenge play online. AI in racing games will never be as good as players themselves. Even the best players in forza and other car racing games think the same we do while to some the AI is “really good!”

Not sure how I feel about MEC2 hopefully better physics.. and bigger whoops
MotoMo165
11/8/2018 1:25pm
jeffro503 wrote:
@Craig , or anyone else. I have ran quite a few tests here at home with clocking the speed of the Ai. I myself run an...
Honestly I’m not sure. I run no assists or anything. I’ll have to spin some laps tonight with assists and report back to you. When I...
Honestly I’m not sure. I run no assists or anything. I’ll have to spin some laps tonight with assists and report back to you.

When I do pay attention to what the AI are doing, it seems they are really good in the flat turns. It almost seems like they are on a slot car track. Otherwise, they seem to just be really inconsistent, and on most tracks they don’t hit the big rhythms like us human players can. Also, they don’t hit wall jumps nearly as fast as we can.

I’ve always said that milestone needs to fly a couple of the top guys to their studio, let them watch us play, and give them feedback. I think they do a great job at making the game playable for new players (my friends loved coming over and playing) but they need to do a better job at keeping people around when they master the game. DLC is great and all, but it still isn’t fun when the hardest AI in the game are 5-6 seconds a lap slower. Maybe they should give Codemasters a call and ask them how their AI are so damn good.Whistling
They really do.
You’ll be able to go faster without the assist jeffro. You can leave the balance one on and turn on manual tranny and independent breaks and you’ll be faster. The auto balance one basically just stops you from manualing little areas on tracks but you can still go just as near as fast and probably crash a lot less, but that’s part of the fun.
I don’t think having your assist on impacts the skill of the AI, these devs hardly think about the small details until we bring them to light, I doubt they thought of that
11/8/2018 2:00pm
Attached is a pic of how poor the AI are on some tracks.. This is on the start. 40th gate pick on the start. hardest difficulty...
MotoMo165 wrote:
Bro if you want a real challenge play online. AI in racing games will never be as good as players themselves. Even the best players in...
Bro if you want a real challenge play online. AI in racing games will never be as good as players themselves. Even the best players in forza and other car racing games think the same we do while to some the AI is “really good!”

If I had a dollar for every time you told me to “play online”... I fuckin get it. Online is badass, it’s fun as hell.

Personally for me, I did TONS of online racing on every game up until supercross. I just wasn’t enjoying it anymore, the dirty riding, tough blocks everywhere, horrible lag.

The bottom line is that the AI shouldn’t be so bad. Look at the pic I posted, I’m like 6-7 bike lengths ahead before the first turn. And that’s the hardest difficulty. That’s just embarrassing.
MotoMo165
11/8/2018 2:30pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Bro if you want a real challenge play online. AI in racing games will never be as good as players themselves. Even the best players in...

If I had a dollar for every time you told me to “play online”... I fuckin get it. Online is badass, it’s fun as hell. Personally...
If I had a dollar for every time you told me to “play online”... I fuckin get it. Online is badass, it’s fun as hell.

Personally for me, I did TONS of online racing on every game up until supercross. I just wasn’t enjoying it anymore, the dirty riding, tough blocks everywhere, horrible lag.

The bottom line is that the AI shouldn’t be so bad. Look at the pic I posted, I’m like 6-7 bike lengths ahead before the first turn. And that’s the hardest difficulty. That’s just embarrassing.
Lol you’d probably have about 15 dollars. The AInis garbage and will always be shit with a low budget game such as our mx games

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Supercross 2

The Latest