Monster Energy Supercross 2

Related:
Create New Tag

10/13/2018 4:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2018 5:05 PM

Other than gp pro’s random walls (which I think happen due to too much lean in corners) it’s a pretty good game. Try using less right stick to avoid it, also seems to mainly be on sandy tracks
On Xbox its just the create lobby that is in different language poor Sony guys

|

10/13/2018 5:40 PM

gym_jackets wrote:

Fro said during the Free Practice Live stream that if you overjump in the game, you'll crash. Sounds promising if a casual observer would be able to make that assumption.

That’s the same as mxgp pro. However once you put some hours in that gimmick seems to go away, I suspect it will do the same in mesx2

|

10/13/2018 8:09 PM

A couple of new additions. Fro added to the commentary team and the line prediction from the MotoGP series comes to MESX2.

|

10/13/2018 10:50 PM

flatout111 wrote:

A couple of new additions. Fro added to the commentary team and the line prediction from the MotoGP series comes to MESX2.

Wow that's exactly where and how Cole ate crap in tampa.
Pretty realistic lol

|

10/16/2018 7:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2018 8:56 AM

Here is our first recap video of the game after playing it at the game announcement event at Monster Cup.

|

10/16/2018 8:07 AM

Hey, that's me behind the camera in the black SYS shirt! We'll be releasing the full video of this tonight, plus video of other riders playing the game. We even got footage of Ralph and Jeff commentating as Marvin Musquin was playing the game. It was awesome.

|

10/16/2018 8:15 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Here is our first recap video of the game after playing it at the game announcement event at Monster Cup.

Thanks! i did notice the whoops were bigger in one of the pics so its cool that you guys did noticed that while playing

|

10/16/2018 8:16 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Here you go.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/16/2018 8:18 AM

Kx125rider wrote:

Maybe Im reaching here but I think it would be cool if the rider ran to the bike and picked up after a crash(maybe even start it)

Championship Motocross ft Ricky Carmichael style! Only game I can remember that did that.

|

2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/16/2018 8:29 AM

craigathan404 wrote:

F1 games have the difficulty dialed. If they could make MES 2018 as difficult as that game I’d never stop playing.

Man.....as far as 4 wheel racing goes , you guy's are missing out on what "real sim racing " feels like. F1 is basically just an arcade game that looks great. It's a lot like Project car's , only with F1 car's instead.

If you can play it with a game pad.....you really aren't doing much " sim " racing at all. And trust me , I'm not trying to sound like a dick here , but there are a good 5 games ( real sim's ) out there that would totally blow your sock's off . So real in fact that real professional driver's in every aspect , F1 , GT3 , GT4 , Classic's , V8 supercar's , Brazilian stockcar , all the way down to a mini cooper. In fact in F1.......I can drive just about every model from the 1950's up to current. Not to mention Real laser scanned tracks , and about 200+ tracks at that. Plus........MODS! Some mod's are better than original content. You can literally race almost every race car ever made , plus street car's.

You need a wheel and pedal's to do it properly......but I will tell you this much , and I hope you guy's hear me on this , you will never experience a more authentic , real racing experience then some of these sim's. If you want to race arcade , then stick with F1 and Project cars. If you want something that will go way beyond your limit's....try these.

Automobilista ( Personally my favorite )
rFactor 2
Race Room Experience
Assetto Corsa ( And new version of this just came out too )
iRacing ( can get really expensive , but this is one where a lot of pro's race in )

I know this info isn't about MX / SX.....but you guy's brought up the F1 game , praised it , and and that game can't even sniff what a real race sim is.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/16/2018 8:47 AM

^^^ We're talking console games not PC games. Of course those will be better than anything console related but in terms of AI difficulty, F1 is hard to beat.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/16/2018 8:58 AM

Invisible walls?
|

spodestracks Instagram
spodestracks Website
spodestracks Youtube

10/16/2018 9:01 AM

This may be a dumb question and maybe nobody cares about it, but have they changed the systeme for customization of numbers? As in; can we change the style of the number on our bike? It might be picky, but I want to change the style, not just size and placement.
Additionally, do we still have a super limited selection of graphics we have to run in career mode?
Thanks in advance for the answers.

|

10/16/2018 9:11 AM

crockett wrote:

how about them load times...

Thank you, how has this not been said yet? The only reason I don't still play this game is that it spends more time loading than playing. And why the fuck does it have to load the track for heats and then again for the main?

If the only change was load times, I'd buy it all over again.....

|

10/16/2018 9:23 AM

CR92 wrote:

This may be a dumb question and maybe nobody cares about it, but have they changed the systeme for customization of numbers? As in; can we change the style of the number on our bike? It might be picky, but I want to change the style, not just size and placement.
Additionally, do we still have a super limited selection of graphics we have to run in career mode?

I agree with both of these questions, I get annoyed with the number size and placement. I hate that fixing one side doesn't make the other side even, even when you select "copy to (left/right) side". PITA. And the graphics that are available bother me. other than that and the load times, I love the game.

|

10/16/2018 9:27 AM

CR92 wrote:

I don't have an answer specifically on the number customization, but the Milestone team did tell me that there is a lot more bike graphic options in this game compared to the first game.

|

10/16/2018 9:29 AM

crockett wrote:

how about them load times...

clinthadwin wrote:

Thank you, how has this not been said yet? The only reason I don't still play this game is that it spends more time loading than playing. And why the fuck does it have to load the track for heats and then again for the main?

If the only change was load times, I'd buy it all over again.....

For what it's worth, the loading times in the "work in progress" version of the game that I got to play at the game announcement event were much better. Dare i say half? I didn't actually time the loading screens but my initial impression is that loading was a lot better.

|

10/16/2018 10:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2018 10:20 AM

There are so many variables to discuss when talking about a SX game. Some obvious and many are just personal preference.

IMO Milestone has done the best so far all games considered. Ain't perfect no, but the game play when racing others is very very good. You can have all the glitz and glamour you want but if the game doesn't race good then it sux. Milesstone did a great job all aspects considered.

The universe exploded when MX vs ATV SX was released in 2015 and it was not Reflex updated. We all wanted Reflex 2 right? But instead they went way backward. I am hoping that Milestone improves on this game with it's 2nd release.
|

spodestracks Instagram
spodestracks Website
spodestracks Youtube

10/16/2018 12:26 PM

|

10/16/2018 12:33 PM

Haven't been able to look thru all the replies but any idea if 2 strokes will at least be an option? I'm not trying to get some big thing started, just curious.

|

PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2

10/16/2018 12:35 PM

ProKawi24 wrote:

Haven't been able to look thru all the replies but any idea if 2 strokes will at least be an option? I'm not trying to get some big thing started, just curious.

Haven't seen anything, but I sure hope so!

|

2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/16/2018 1:34 PM

Here we go! Just posted. I had so much fun recording this.

|

10/16/2018 1:44 PM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Here we go! Just posted. I had so much fun recording this.

That was great!!

|

2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

10/16/2018 1:58 PM

When will these games have announcers? The EA game back in the day had Art and David and it was so awesome. Doesn’t have to be Ralph and Jeff but either way I think it would be cool to have implemented.

|

10/16/2018 1:59 PM

The Youtube vid of the dev is great. And an improved Track Editor!

|

spodestracks Instagram
spodestracks Website
spodestracks Youtube

10/16/2018 1:59 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

When will these games have announcers? The EA game back in the day had Art and David and it was so awesome. Doesn’t have to be Ralph and Jeff but either way I think it would be cool to have implemented.

This game will have both Ralph and Jeff

|

2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

10/16/2018 2:09 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

I shot an interview with Jeff Emig about him announcing in the second game. We'll be posting that later this week.

|

10/17/2018 5:43 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

I shot an interview with Jeff Emig about him announcing in the second game. We'll be posting that later this week.

Is roczen in the game it looks like he is the Tomac this year, he’s not in any pictures or videos?

|

10/17/2018 2:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2018 2:21 PM

MES1 (xbox)- Pros I remember from first game: graphics, presentation, and racing was alright.
Cons that absolutely ruined the experience: broken multiplayer on release (horrible beta testing!), fake terrain deformation imo, pressing A button a half-dozen times just to get thru finished race menus, awful loading times, tuff blocks in the way, and specific physics BS situations like players ramming others and not crashing themselves and the ability to spin a bike out in front of you by pushing rear tire with your front tire.

Personally, imo Milestone flat out lies about features or makes up technology lingo to make features sound new. They are very arrogant about fixing broken features and instead of fixing them, instead are already moved on to next title.

Supercross is my favorite type of racing in real life and of all my gaming I play. I hope Milestone succeeds and addresses all the major issues first one had. Pre-order canceled. Look forward to more info. Good job Start Your Systems.

|

10/17/2018 2:26 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

theycallmeebryan wrote:

cjg23307 wrote:

Is roczen in the game it looks like he is the Tomac this year, he’s not in any pictures or videos?

I did not see Roczen on the list of players, unfortunately. We'll be posting the full list of riders at some point.

|