Monster Energy Supercross 2

kawirider819
2/25/2019 3:30pm
lol my god id be pissed. gotta land in the green circles again!! train bro! lol
The landing drills are by far the worst. Talk about frustration. Id pay someone to do them for me.
Yeti365
2/25/2019 4:01pm
I'd rather have the game work up to upgrading engines, tire treads and compounds, clamps and offset, etc. than rider skill.

Kinda like mxgp where you can work into a team.
2/25/2019 5:04pm
peaking my interest
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Mine too!
Just did this. I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. Am I missing something? I’m on ps4
Didn’t work for me either also on Ps4. Maybe it only works on Xbox.
CR92
2/25/2019 5:42pm
stewie94 wrote:
did they take out the red plate visual off the game or am i tripping?
Does anyone know what happened to the red plate?

The Shop

Yeti365
2/25/2019 5:53pm
stewie94 wrote:
did they take out the red plate visual off the game or am i tripping?
CR92 wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to the red plate?
I had it for 250s but not the 450s. I saw that too.
SPODEBOY
2/25/2019 7:05pm

So after cooling off a bit. I sat down and performed a few tests. I rode many laps on the same track in both the editor and the game. It is absolutely different. The bike in the editor is far superior to the 450 Yami I built in the game with the best of everything.

I enjoy making tracks so much that I don't want to set it down. Looks like I just need to under build the tracks to accommodate the inferior bikes within the game.

I really do not get why Milestone has allowed this. Or if they are even aware? Maybe those 4 You-tubers didn't notice?
2/25/2019 7:15pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
So after cooling off a bit. I sat down and performed a few tests. I rode many laps on the same track in both the editor...

So after cooling off a bit. I sat down and performed a few tests. I rode many laps on the same track in both the editor and the game. It is absolutely different. The bike in the editor is far superior to the 450 Yami I built in the game with the best of everything.

I enjoy making tracks so much that I don't want to set it down. Looks like I just need to under build the tracks to accommodate the inferior bikes within the game.

I really do not get why Milestone has allowed this. Or if they are even aware? Maybe those 4 You-tubers didn't notice?
i notice this too. ne i don’t think milestone knows about it
rp031x
2/25/2019 7:22pm
You guys playing online? I'm on xbox.

Add me

Gamertag: Insanity Fist
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
2/25/2019 7:27pm
Anyone know if Milestone has been at any of the supercross races this years scanning riders for next years game?

If they aren't scanning riders, that probably means no game next year, eh?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/25/2019 7:29pm
SPYGUY wrote:
Anyone know if Milestone has been at any of the supercross races this years scanning riders for next years game? If they aren't scanning riders, that...
Anyone know if Milestone has been at any of the supercross races this years scanning riders for next years game?

If they aren't scanning riders, that probably means no game next year, eh?
They already have the files. Just need to update the gear, numbers, etc.
Yeti365
2/25/2019 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 10:23pm
rp031x wrote:
You guys playing online? I'm on xbox.

Add me

Gamertag: Insanity Fist
YetiTheSacred

I thought I was hot shit on SLC time attack last night. #54 or something in 250s, goddamn #188 in 450s ?

This game is very realistic... I'm not as fast as I think I am.
HusqFan3
2/25/2019 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 8:35pm
I so badly want to like this game but just can’t seem to get over the following:

1) cornering is a joke- According to this game unless you’re practically stopped, you’d need a parking lot the size of a football field to turn the bike around even while turning and leaning as much as possible. Just isn’t realistic

2) Mods are pointless- Just like every other Milestone MX game, I can’t tell one iota of difference between a stock 250 and fully modded 450.

3) Jumps- if you mess up a rhythm section, you’re toast. In real life if you case a jump you can easily get back in flow but in the game you’re basically f’d the entire rest of the section which is beyond fake. As if a factory 450 doesn’t have enough power to clear the next jump. In the game you’ll case every preceding jump after messing up one.
MotoMo165
2/25/2019 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 8:37pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
I so badly want to like this game but just can’t seem to get over the following: 1) cornering is a joke- According to this game...
I so badly want to like this game but just can’t seem to get over the following:

1) cornering is a joke- According to this game unless you’re practically stopped, you’d need a parking lot the size of a football field to turn the bike around even while turning and leaning as much as possible. Just isn’t realistic

2) Mods are pointless- Just like every other Milestone MX game, I can’t tell one iota of difference between a stock 250 and fully modded 450.

3) Jumps- if you mess up a rhythm section, you’re toast. In real life if you case a jump you can easily get back in flow but in the game you’re basically f’d the entire rest of the section which is beyond fake. As if a factory 450 doesn’t have enough power to clear the next jump. In the game you’ll case every preceding jump after messing up one.
Dude cornering is fun!! Racing with friends is a great time, setting up for passes, can slam each other. Much prefer the cornering in this than mesx1. Jumping.. meh I’m use to it at this point, feels alright I’m not hating it by any means. Maybe you need more time?
dirtmike86
2/25/2019 9:03pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
I so badly want to like this game but just can’t seem to get over the following: 1) cornering is a joke- According to this game...

So you suck?
Lloydcarter
2/25/2019 9:16pm
HusqFan3 wrote:

dirtmike86 wrote:
So you suck?
?
HusqFan3
2/25/2019 9:31pm
HusqFan3 wrote:

dirtmike86 wrote:
So you suck?
Sucking is a relative term but you’re missing the point. I consistently win races on realistic mode but again, that isn’t the point. I’m referring to the realism of the game compared to how a dirt bike performs in real life. Im sure cornering especially flat corners is more skill related but the inability of the bike to clear jumps with X amount of run up isn’t a question of skill. Are you telling me you can easily discern the difference between a 250 and 450 in the game? Because in real life there’s a massive difference. A 250 requires you to carry corner speed to clear a jump that a 450 would merely need a small blip of the throttle to clear.
HusqFan3
2/25/2019 9:35pm
HusqFan3 wrote:

MotoMo165 wrote:
Dude cornering is fun!! Racing with friends is a great time, setting up for passes, can slam each other. Much prefer the cornering in this than...
Dude cornering is fun!! Racing with friends is a great time, setting up for passes, can slam each other. Much prefer the cornering in this than mesx1. Jumping.. meh I’m use to it at this point, feels alright I’m not hating it by any means. Maybe you need more time?
I’m sure with more time I’ll get more proficient and in return will be more enjoyable. And I’m not saying the game isn’t fun i’m just frustrated by the lack of realism. Especially when it’s so easily correctable. I mean how hard would it be to make the 450 be able to clear jumps noticeably easier than a 250?
dirtmike86
2/25/2019 9:44pm
HusqFan3 wrote:

dirtmike86 wrote:
So you suck?
HusqFan3 wrote:
Sucking is a relative term but you’re missing the point. I consistently win races on realistic mode but again, that isn’t the point. I’m referring to...
Sucking is a relative term but you’re missing the point. I consistently win races on realistic mode but again, that isn’t the point. I’m referring to the realism of the game compared to how a dirt bike performs in real life. Im sure cornering especially flat corners is more skill related but the inability of the bike to clear jumps with X amount of run up isn’t a question of skill. Are you telling me you can easily discern the difference between a 250 and 450 in the game? Because in real life there’s a massive difference. A 250 requires you to carry corner speed to clear a jump that a 450 would merely need a small blip of the throttle to clear.
Lol, Iam just giving you shit. I don't have any problems with cornering but I see your point about the difference in bikes. I'd say the 450 just needs to hook up a little better.
Yeti365
2/25/2019 10:36pm
HusqFan3 wrote:

Idk, other than corning I've had the opposite of everything you said.

Cornering on flat or tight hard pack is crap though. On rutted stuff, corning is amazing if you come into the corner hot and on the brakes on the outside of the turn. Then while on the front brake and full throttle you can shoot the bike straight out of a turn like crazy. That or line it right onto the bottom edge of a berm and just lean through the whole turn at like quarter throttle until you're out.

It feels like ruts have a harder programmed surface at the bottom that gives you traction. People say they don't notice ruts in this game, and I agree until they get big enough on certain tracks and have crazy traction.

Keep playing with the controls. It gets pretty fun.
fourfourone
2/26/2019 4:47am
HusqFan3 wrote:

sounds like you just suck at the game. No offence. I have no problem railing corners, and 450s are way easier to jump further. sometimes I often over jump on a 450.
fourfourone
2/26/2019 4:48am
scrallex wrote:
FYI, there's a bug in the game at the moment. For a nice treat, set up a single event on 250E, choose ZachO. Set it to...
FYI, there's a bug in the game at the moment. For a nice treat, set up a single event on 250E, choose ZachO. Set it to The Real Deal, Showdown, Realistic AI and Realistic length. Qualify first and then win Heat 2. No need to do the main.

edit: Track has to be Indianapolis.

You're welcome Wink
HOLY SHIT!! Jackpot lol Level 10,000 now! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/25/327970/s1200_aa6b2baa_4cb2_46d5_8a66_bf9fc357543b.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/25/327971/s1200_b8f5a2ab_54a3_47c5_a96b_5998ae7cf3cc.jpg[/img]
HOLY SHIT!! Jackpot lol

Level 10,000 now!

I did it. when I went to go play another round all the money was gone but im still level 10k
greenmx5
2/26/2019 5:57am
HusqFan3 wrote:

It took me a while to figure out how to get the bike to turn. Half of it is bike settings and the other half is just learning how. You have to use the manual transmission. Knock it down to 2nd or 1st going into the corners and it'll turn sharper. If you're trying to turn in 3rd gear, it's going to be like trying to get a Cadillac to make a Uturn.
fourfourone
2/26/2019 7:35am
HusqFan3 wrote:

greenmx5 wrote:
It took me a while to figure out how to get the bike to turn. Half of it is bike settings and the other half is...
It took me a while to figure out how to get the bike to turn. Half of it is bike settings and the other half is just learning how. You have to use the manual transmission. Knock it down to 2nd or 1st going into the corners and it'll turn sharper. If you're trying to turn in 3rd gear, it's going to be like trying to get a Cadillac to make a Uturn.
stock setting and auto trans and I have no issues being fast in corners. I even have a few top 100 lap times.
2/26/2019 7:40am
scrallex wrote:
FYI, there's a bug in the game at the moment. For a nice treat, set up a single event on 250E, choose ZachO. Set it to...
FYI, there's a bug in the game at the moment. For a nice treat, set up a single event on 250E, choose ZachO. Set it to The Real Deal, Showdown, Realistic AI and Realistic length. Qualify first and then win Heat 2. No need to do the main.

You're welcome Wink
Just make sure it’s on full length race and not quick ?
fourfourone
2/26/2019 7:59am
scrallex wrote:

You're welcome Wink
Guetterman wrote:
Just make sure it’s on full length race and not quick ? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/26/328098/s1200_A960658C_9B1F_484F_9D02_98DD9973FFE7.jpg[/img]
Just make sure it’s on full length race and not quick ?
it catches the mistake. I got the money but it was gone by next round
orange_44
2/26/2019 9:55am
Is there a thread on just bike setups? Having a hard time finding one I like. I’ve tried going -4/5 on stuff like I’ve seen mentioned in here but I find it to be too soft and rides like crap. I have it set up with basically +1 on everything and have no problems beating the al on realistic.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
2/26/2019 10:36am
orange_44 wrote:
Is there a thread on just bike setups? Having a hard time finding one I like. I’ve tried going -4/5 on stuff like I’ve seen mentioned...
Is there a thread on just bike setups? Having a hard time finding one I like. I’ve tried going -4/5 on stuff like I’ve seen mentioned in here but I find it to be too soft and rides like crap. I have it set up with basically +1 on everything and have no problems beating the al on realistic.
SPODEBOY
2/26/2019 10:38am
HusqFan3 wrote:

In order to effectively turn you need to utilize the left stick properly by turning INTO the turn a hair before turning the direction you want to go. You also need to use BOTH brakes and DOWN SHIFT accordingly. It is THE most realistic handling bike in any video game ever built.

When you mess up a rhythm you need to down shift back to first. Then you can double from the bottom of usually any g-out and start getting the flow back. Again very realistic.

Give it time bro. There is definitely a "slow down to go faster" theory behind this game vs the 1st one.
HusqFan3
2/26/2019 10:58am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2019 10:59am
HusqFan3 wrote:

SPODEBOY wrote:
In order to effectively turn you need to utilize the left stick properly by turning INTO the turn a hair before turning the direction you want...

In order to effectively turn you need to utilize the left stick properly by turning INTO the turn a hair before turning the direction you want to go. You also need to use BOTH brakes and DOWN SHIFT accordingly. It is THE most realistic handling bike in any video game ever built.

When you mess up a rhythm you need to down shift back to first. Then you can double from the bottom of usually any g-out and start getting the flow back. Again very realistic.

Give it time bro. There is definitely a "slow down to go faster" theory behind this game vs the 1st one.
Appreciate the advice. Based on yours and others replies it sounds like the majority of my frustrations can be attributed to using the automatic transmission. I’ve been planning to switch to manual but wanted to wait until i got the other controls down first. Thx again.
HusqFan3
2/26/2019 11:03am
HusqFan3 wrote:

greenmx5 wrote:
It took me a while to figure out how to get the bike to turn. Half of it is bike settings and the other half is...
stock setting and auto trans and I have no issues being fast in corners. I even have a few top 100 lap times.
I don’t have issues with bowls or burms just flat corners such as after the start. That where it seems to want to turn like a Cadillac(at least with auto trans) when maintaining any sort of speed.

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Supercross 2

The Latest