Monster Energy Supercross 2

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
2/14/2019 6:41pm
to the ones saying the bike doesn’t turn and it understeers and just pushes and doesn’t corner, i bet you havnt went -5 on your preload...
to the ones saying the bike doesn’t turn and it understeers and just pushes and doesn’t corner, i bet you havnt went -5 on your preload or you have your preload set to stock or positive (+) because you think a lower bike turns better. it’s doesnt. it’s not like mesx1. you want the bike to be higher and more “agile”. once you get the tuning right, the game plays quite a bit different, especially cornering. and one click positive or negative can be a rather large change, let alone 3 to 5 clicks. the suspension setup may seem similar to mesx1 but the effects imo are much different. you can get the bike to tune quite well and the rest is literally up to you to learn how to play. you know, since it’s a game.
This is advice I can work with.

Also, when you turn are you leaning in with your rider or do you sometimes push and lean the rider forward to get the back end around?
2/14/2019 7:01pm
to the ones saying the bike doesn’t turn and it understeers and just pushes and doesn’t corner, i bet you havnt went -5 on your preload...
to the ones saying the bike doesn’t turn and it understeers and just pushes and doesn’t corner, i bet you havnt went -5 on your preload or you have your preload set to stock or positive (+) because you think a lower bike turns better. it’s doesnt. it’s not like mesx1. you want the bike to be higher and more “agile”. once you get the tuning right, the game plays quite a bit different, especially cornering. and one click positive or negative can be a rather large change, let alone 3 to 5 clicks. the suspension setup may seem similar to mesx1 but the effects imo are much different. you can get the bike to tune quite well and the rest is literally up to you to learn how to play. you know, since it’s a game.
Ramrod wrote:
This is advice I can work with. Also, when you turn are you leaning in with your rider or do you sometimes push and lean the...
This is advice I can work with.

Also, when you turn are you leaning in with your rider or do you sometimes push and lean the rider forward to get the back end around?
i generally lean into the corner with the rider but when i’m leaning forward it’s to help keep the rear from sliding out. when i first started playing my rear was sliding everywhere but after tuning and some practice my rear isn’t drifting out hardly at all. it’s definitely possible to corner without sliding despite how the game feels at first. imo when using the front brake going into corners it helps the bike to turn sharper, and then like i said, leaning forward helps with the exit. that’s for more of an “in, pivot, exit” strategy. if you want to roll a berm sometimes just using the engine braking can slow you enough and you can get around the berm well. you can also use the rear brake to drift the back end into the berm and then fire to exit i.e villopoto. but yeah, leaning forward helps a bunch.
MotoMo165
2/14/2019 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2019 8:26pm
Agreed ^^ but engine braking is far less significant in this one, use to work better than the actual brakes in their last games haha but it does help. I’ve grown to love the 450s, so much power you just have to learn when to use it.

Tobz why don’t you buy the game already, or do you just stroll the forum. And btw draw or whatever your alias is.. brake tapping and rear tire gas gyro does work. Now if we’re comparing it to mx vs tag all out then ya it basically doesn’t exist ?
2/15/2019 3:47am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2019 4:25am
Hey, mind sharing yoyr setup on a 250 so I have a platform to start from? MESX2 is my first sx game since EA made one in 2000. Most of the time I can figure rhythm sections out and get speed out of the corners for those big jumps, but as soon as the track is muddy I just can’t get enough speed and find myself rolling the bigger jumps, yet the AI cases the crap out everything and doesn’t crash so they are faster than me which is becoming really frustrating when I literally feel like I’m stuck in the mud on corner exits...

The Shop

greenmx5
2/15/2019 7:33am
I don't think some of you are utilizing the manual transmission. Downshifting into the corners manually is a huge help when trying to get the bike to stop and turn sharper.
TallonT911
2/15/2019 8:07am
Yeah you need to run manual transmission on this game, shift down and use first/second gear as your clutch basically to get going out of the corners, you can run 2nd for most rhythms and jumps. Some people move the shifters to the sticks but I leave them at x/y, I played that way on mes1 and I’m just used to it. Shift down coming into the corner, use rear brake (a) then lean through the corner and move thumb back to shift up for the section if i need. I couldn’t get the hang of using the sticks to shift.

Everyone cases the jumps on 250s in the mud unless you can get a good run. If you’re going to case a jump/flat land, lean forward with the right stick and you should be able to save it instead of crash.
The only time I really use the rear brake is after a long straight/start straight. Too much front and you’ll lose the front or not slow down enough but hitting the rear and shifting down will get you slowed down.
I haven’t played much with my bike, never messed with it in mes1 either, but I did try the -5 on preload like holtergeist said to try and it did seem to help. Not a huge difference but it did seem to turn a little better. I would play with it more but I really don’t know what everything does so I just run stock most the time and adjust how I play to work for that.
2/15/2019 9:59am
TallonT911 wrote:
Yeah you need to run manual transmission on this game, shift down and use first/second gear as your clutch basically to get going out of the...
Yeah you need to run manual transmission on this game, shift down and use first/second gear as your clutch basically to get going out of the corners, you can run 2nd for most rhythms and jumps. Some people move the shifters to the sticks but I leave them at x/y, I played that way on mes1 and I’m just used to it. Shift down coming into the corner, use rear brake (a) then lean through the corner and move thumb back to shift up for the section if i need. I couldn’t get the hang of using the sticks to shift.

Everyone cases the jumps on 250s in the mud unless you can get a good run. If you’re going to case a jump/flat land, lean forward with the right stick and you should be able to save it instead of crash.
The only time I really use the rear brake is after a long straight/start straight. Too much front and you’ll lose the front or not slow down enough but hitting the rear and shifting down will get you slowed down.
I haven’t played much with my bike, never messed with it in mes1 either, but I did try the -5 on preload like holtergeist said to try and it did seem to help. Not a huge difference but it did seem to turn a little better. I would play with it more but I really don’t know what everything does so I just run stock most the time and adjust how I play to work for that.
have you tried the negative preload settings on the 450 or just the 250? cause imo the 250 is pretty easy to turn stock so yeah i didn’t notice much difference. the difference imo is with the 450.

to whoever asked me about my settings, i’ll post later tonight when i get home. i have something that feels pretty darn good for 450s. it’s a setting i made coming from being really frustrated with how the bike felt and handled before finding this tune. it made the game way more enjoyable.
DoctorJD
2/15/2019 10:27am
Sweetd31 wrote:
That’s a category I’d definitively give to all out; see quad —> grab hand full of throttle and huck it (MES) see quad —> give it...
That’s a category I’d definitively give to all out; see quad —> grab hand full of throttle and huck it

(MES) see quad —> give it everything she got and still come up 3 feet short
tobz wrote:
Everything about these physics just looks shit. The goon rider, the massive track, the wonky air time.
dirtmike86 wrote:
Goon rider? Massive track? Wonky air time? You just described mx vs atv.
Preach.
2/15/2019 12:33pm
Any updates on a patch being released? Some minor things that I have noticed are;
Number size on the bikes can only be adjusted to be slightly bigger - not as large as possible in MES1.
Jersey number/name colors don't keep their vibrant color if you have a butt patch set up. If you have a butt patch, the numbers only show brightly if there is a light on them.

Also, add some more gear and graphic kits.

And let us sign with a factory team, or allow us to select their graphic kits for fun.
2/15/2019 1:03pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
Anyone have any tips for starting? Been trying this reflexes challenges for hours.
Watch for the flames to go off from above you and drop the clutch. They go off slightly before the gates drop. Works every time..
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
2/15/2019 1:23pm
lean forward helps with throttle brake control. both need fed, not turned on
plus 10000 on getting a factory contract/bike. also shouldn't those bikes have a little better everything? brakes,engine, etc.?
imo it would be cool to open up more mods with a factory bike. cams,ecu works suspension. other racing titles have endless options. maybe both factory ideas will be someday....
fourfourone
2/15/2019 1:59pm
lean forward helps with throttle brake control. both need fed, not turned on plus 10000 on getting a factory contract/bike. also shouldn't those bikes have a...
lean forward helps with throttle brake control. both need fed, not turned on
plus 10000 on getting a factory contract/bike. also shouldn't those bikes have a little better everything? brakes,engine, etc.?
imo it would be cool to open up more mods with a factory bike. cams,ecu works suspension. other racing titles have endless options. maybe both factory ideas will be someday....
it be cool to have upgrade options like forza
dirtmike86
2/15/2019 2:31pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
Anyone have any tips for starting? Been trying this reflexes challenges for hours.
TheClaw316 wrote:
Watch for the flames to go off from above you and drop the clutch. They go off slightly before the gates drop. Works every time..
I am talking about the training. I can start fine during the race.
ProKawi24
2/15/2019 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2019 3:33pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
TheClaw316 wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
Best thing to do is just try to time it and go. If you get a training session with other riders that you have to beat then it's simple...just do a normal start and keep it pinned all the way to the white line at the turn. You don't have to complete the turn or anything, just beat them to it and let your rider go flying off the track right after lol.
dirtmike86
2/15/2019 3:57pm
TheClaw316 wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
ProKawi24 wrote:
Best thing to do is just try to time it and go. If you get a training session with other riders that you have to beat...
Best thing to do is just try to time it and go. If you get a training session with other riders that you have to beat then it's simple...just do a normal start and keep it pinned all the way to the white line at the turn. You don't have to complete the turn or anything, just beat them to it and let your rider go flying off the track right after lol.
Yeah, I've beat those ones. It's the ones where you have to get out of the gate quick. I've tried clutch in, revs up. Clutch in, easy throttle. Front brake on, wide open. Just spins. Like I've been training with tomac on starts.
2/15/2019 4:17pm
The entire training is just annoying. I get so frustrated with the fact I can win 450 races on the most difficult settings yet I end up doing the same training over and over trying to get 3 stars. I’ve done one of the landing trainings that you need 12 points for 3 stars and have ended up with 11 a bunch of times. I like the game and I think most agree it’s a good game. As far as the training goes it may have been a nice idea but it takes to long. When you can only do it during the career mode like twice a week and you get stuck on one it gets old real quick.
dirtmike86
2/15/2019 5:03pm
The entire training is just annoying. I get so frustrated with the fact I can win 450 races on the most difficult settings yet I end...
The entire training is just annoying. I get so frustrated with the fact I can win 450 races on the most difficult settings yet I end up doing the same training over and over trying to get 3 stars. I’ve done one of the landing trainings that you need 12 points for 3 stars and have ended up with 11 a bunch of times. I like the game and I think most agree it’s a good game. As far as the training goes it may have been a nice idea but it takes to long. When you can only do it during the career mode like twice a week and you get stuck on one it gets old real quick.
So the landing training lol.... if you just roll the lip and jump off the back of the landing you can hit them all super easy and if you miss one just turn around and try it again instead of restarting.
2/15/2019 5:12pm
The entire training is just annoying. I get so frustrated with the fact I can win 450 races on the most difficult settings yet I end...
dirtmike86 wrote:
So the landing training lol.... if you just roll the lip and jump off the back of the landing you can hit them all super easy...
So the landing training lol.... if you just roll the lip and jump off the back of the landing you can hit them all super easy and if you miss one just turn around and try it again instead of restarting.
I’ll give that a try thanks for the tip. The racing is fun the training not so much.
dirtmike86
2/15/2019 5:22pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
So the landing training lol.... if you just roll the lip and jump off the back of the landing you can hit them all super easy...
I’ll give that a try thanks for the tip. The racing is fun the training not so much.
I agree. It pisses me off too.
orange_44
2/15/2019 5:43pm
Just bought the game and it finished downloading. I’m in the start menu trying to start my career but it says installation in process in the lower right corner.

It’s been spinning for 5 minutes. Is this normal? Seems to be taking a while
2/15/2019 6:13pm
orange_44 wrote:
Just bought the game and it finished downloading. I’m in the start menu trying to start my career but it says installation in process in the...
Just bought the game and it finished downloading. I’m in the start menu trying to start my career but it says installation in process in the lower right corner.

It’s been spinning for 5 minutes. Is this normal? Seems to be taking a while
Loading times aren’t terrible so maybe it’s still finishing downloading. That’s my guess at least.
BigDaddyG
2/15/2019 6:55pm
Newb here with a PS4. Should I buy the game in disc form or download it from the PS store? Last video game I played was supercross circuit on my old PS1
logan_140
2/15/2019 7:08pm
TallonT911 wrote:
Yeah you need to run manual transmission on this game, shift down and use first/second gear as your clutch basically to get going out of the...

Do -5 on everything.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/15/2019 7:47pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Newb here with a PS4. Should I buy the game in disc form or download it from the PS store? Last video game I played was...
Newb here with a PS4. Should I buy the game in disc form or download it from the PS store? Last video game I played was supercross circuit on my old PS1
If you buy the game in the disc version and you don't like it you can at least bring it back and get some amount of credit to be put towards a different game.

I'm not sure how that works with the download version on the PS4. I think you might be able to get your money back but I think you only have a certain amount of time to do it.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
2/15/2019 8:00pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Newb here with a PS4. Should I buy the game in disc form or download it from the PS store? Last video game I played was...
Wow you are in for a treat. Its crazy how good these are getting. Be patient it will probably take a few hrs to get the feel. Plus the new consoles are insane too?
ProKawi24
2/15/2019 8:17pm
Dirtmike where you at? I'm online with St_Ann_More. Smoothie you racing tonight on ps4?
BigDaddyG
2/15/2019 8:43pm
Is it worth the extra 20$ for the Special Edition? Full game, season pass with 9DLC’s and credit doubler.
I admit I don’t even know what a DLC is or what the season pass is, lol
ProKawi24
2/15/2019 8:54pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Is it worth the extra 20$ for the Special Edition? Full game, season pass with 9DLC’s and credit doubler. I admit I don’t even know what...
Is it worth the extra 20$ for the Special Edition? Full game, season pass with 9DLC’s and credit doubler.
I admit I don’t even know what a DLC is or what the season pass is, lol
DLC is Downloaded Content. If you spend the extra money that means anytime they release new content for the game you can immediately download it as you've already played it. Stuff like new tracks (think MEC) or new gear packs, etc. Not sure if it's really worth it. I got the pre-release special edition just so I had it and could get anything extra they release. I don't buy new games often so I figured what the hell.
TallonT911
2/15/2019 9:33pm
Okay.. so I tried the settings but how do you upload them for online or do you have to race to enter them in 20 seconds every time ha
dirtmike86
2/15/2019 9:47pm
TallonT911 wrote:
Okay.. so I tried the settings but how do you upload them for online or do you have to race to enter them in 20 seconds...
Okay.. so I tried the settings but how do you upload them for online or do you have to race to enter them in 20 seconds every time ha
Unfortunately. Hopefully they fix it.

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Supercross 2

The Latest