Monster Energy Supercross 2

10/12/2018 7:06pm
The game has changed quite a bit. I think for the better. The rider+bike is more fluid. I think most fans will like this new game better than the first one. We'll be posting more details about it in the coming week.

Both Ralph and Jeff have voice overs in this new game which is really cool. It was just Ralph in the first one. I spoke with Jeff about it and he was pretty stoked on the opportunity.

Unfortunately we were not aloud to take video footage of the game, only still pictures. The game is still a work in process.

Here's a teaser picture of the video i got of Ralph, Jeff, and Justin.

Mikep147
10/12/2018 7:20pm
Any reason Roczen is not in any of the Promo stuff. Didnt see him in any of the images or video footage?

cjg23307
10/12/2018 7:23pm
The first game was pretty damn good minus a few things. Bike graphics, not being able to be on teams, online glitching, tuffblocks. The rest was amazing I don’t really care about the scrubs and whips sure it would be badass to throw the bike sideways but doesn’t really matter as long as it’s fun to play. Hopefully this franchise keeps going and keeps improving it’s nice to finally have a game with all the riders, teams, sponsors, stadiums! Can’t wait for this one.
flatout111
10/12/2018 7:30pm
I, personally, am stoked to have Jeff in the game as well. Good commentary provides immersion and something we haven't had since 2000/2001. If you've ever played NBA2K or MLB The Show you know how much a good presentation does for a sports game.

Despite what some others say, I think it is a lot of elements needed to make a great SX/MX game. It is not just physics unless you just intend on ghost racing the whole time. Good physics, gameplay, AI, detailed and intuitive control, correct speed and scaling, good audio and visuals, immersive single player season modes, good online multi player action, good licensing and authentic tracks, bikes, riders, gear...it is 2018...no need for fake bike names and fantasy tracks. Just a lot of different facets that make up a great overall game.

Great pic of the boys with JB51.

The Shop

flatout111
10/12/2018 7:31pm
cjg23307 wrote:
The first game was pretty damn good minus a few things. Bike graphics, not being able to be on teams, online glitching, tuffblocks. The rest was...
The first game was pretty damn good minus a few things. Bike graphics, not being able to be on teams, online glitching, tuffblocks. The rest was amazing I don’t really care about the scrubs and whips sure it would be badass to throw the bike sideways but doesn’t really matter as long as it’s fun to play. Hopefully this franchise keeps going and keeps improving it’s nice to finally have a game with all the riders, teams, sponsors, stadiums! Can’t wait for this one.
Nice. Well said.
flatout111
10/12/2018 7:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 8:01pm
One thing I hope all the MX gamers here will consider. This is important, fellas. I know some are asking is the new MESX 2 worth buying? Are the improvements major enough? Well, please consider this. And this goes for both the Milestone MX/SX games as well as Rainbow's MVA games.I'll refer to Monster Energy Supercross 1 & 2 mainly as that is my preference, by far.

Is it enough of an improvement to buy another game? Well, improved/refined gameplay and AI, new tracks, gear, official bikes, riders, Compound, weekly challenges, enhanced track editor, better story/career mode, audio/visual enhancements. And a full, complete game experience with not much DLC needed. Yes, I think, easily so.

But also consider this. It was 1999 and 2000 with EA Supercross 2000 and it's sequel EA Supercross that we actually got a fully licensed game for our sport like all the other sports have. 17 years.17! To continue to get these yearly or semi routinely released MX/SX titles we MUST support the companies so they make money. It's $60, guys. If you ride, you spend that in a day. A game will last you a year. Or more. Support a company like Milestone who actually had the balls to step up and get the Supercross licensing and take the time to do photogrammatry for the first time in our sport in gaming. And to replicate EVERYTHING 1 to 1. That takes dedication, time and money.

The same can be said about Rainbow. You all know I don't like their franchise nearly as much but still. I hated Encore but I still bought all the SX replicas because I appreciated them finally doing replicas. I try to buy most of what they release even though honestly I don't enjoy the game much as it's just ghost racing and spinning laps, for me. I don't buy everything but I give credit where it's due and if it looks lame I'll just pass. But I try to support in some capacity even if they drive me mad with decisions like wide ass Slash SX.

Point being, before Milestone got into the sport with MUD, we had nothing because Alive had been shut down. Now we are fortunate enough to have 3 ongoing solid MX/SX franchises. MXGP/Monster Energy Supercross for the more simcade/authenticity fans and All Out for the more fun/arcadey fans. Let's show them we're there for them so they'll continue to be there for us.

10/12/2018 8:07pm
flatout111 wrote:
I, personally, am stoked to have Jeff in the game as well. Good commentary provides immersion and something we haven't had since 2000/2001. If you've ever...
I, personally, am stoked to have Jeff in the game as well. Good commentary provides immersion and something we haven't had since 2000/2001. If you've ever played NBA2K or MLB The Show you know how much a good presentation does for a sports game.

Despite what some others say, I think it is a lot of elements needed to make a great SX/MX game. It is not just physics unless you just intend on ghost racing the whole time. Good physics, gameplay, AI, detailed and intuitive control, correct speed and scaling, good audio and visuals, immersive single player season modes, good online multi player action, good licensing and authentic tracks, bikes, riders, gear...it is 2018...no need for fake bike names and fantasy tracks. Just a lot of different facets that make up a great overall game.

Great pic of the boys with JB51.
I agree, I really like the physics of All Out but still I still play Milestones games a lot because it’s just a better race experience. If you could just take the best of each game and combine them it’d be perfect. Maybe at some point one of them will get the perfect combo.

This new MES game should be really good. For all the longer that Milestone has been making these games they’ve figured out a lot quickly. An in depth authentic career is so important and something that Milestone has made an important aspect of the game where Rainbow has neglected game after game. This is an area that Milestone has raised the bar big time. I hope it’s an area that’s taken seriously in all future MX games by both companies.

At some point it would be nice if race commentary made its way into one of these games. It’s hard to believe it’s been 18 years and nobody’s done it since EA. I would think with this game it’s more likely since they try and give a much more authentic feel.

Definitely a good time for MX gamers for sure. We used to go years waiting for a new game.
10/12/2018 8:18pm
flatout111 wrote:
One thing I hope all the MX gamers here will consider. This is important, fellas. I know some are asking is the new MESX 2 worth...
One thing I hope all the MX gamers here will consider. This is important, fellas. I know some are asking is the new MESX 2 worth buying? Are the improvements major enough? Well, please consider this. And this goes for both the Milestone MX/SX games as well as Rainbow's MVA games.I'll refer to Monster Energy Supercross 1 & 2 mainly as that is my preference, by far.

Is it enough of an improvement to buy another game? Well, improved/refined gameplay and AI, new tracks, gear, official bikes, riders, Compound, weekly challenges, enhanced track editor, better story/career mode, audio/visual enhancements. And a full, complete game experience with not much DLC needed. Yes, I think, easily so.

But also consider this. It was 1999 and 2000 with EA Supercross 2000 and it's sequel EA Supercross that we actually got a fully licensed game for our sport like all the other sports have. 17 years.17! To continue to get these yearly or semi routinely released MX/SX titles we MUST support the companies so they make money. It's $60, guys. If you ride, you spend that in a day. A game will last you a year. Or more. Support a company like Milestone who actually had the balls to step up and get the Supercross licensing and take the time to do photogrammatry for the first time in our sport in gaming. And to replicate EVERYTHING 1 to 1. That takes dedication, time and money.

The same can be said about Rainbow. You all know I don't like their franchise nearly as much but still. I hated Encore but I still bought all the SX replicas because I appreciated them finally doing replicas. I try to buy most of what they release even though honestly I don't enjoy the game much as it's just ghost racing and spinning laps, for me. I don't buy everything but I give credit where it's due and if it looks lame I'll just pass. But I try to support in some capacity even if they drive me mad with decisions like wide ass Slash SX.

Point being, before Milestone got into the sport with MUD, we had nothing because Alive had been shut down. Now we are fortunate enough to have 3 ongoing solid MX/SX franchises. MXGP/Monster Energy Supercross for the more simcade/authenticity fans and All Out for the more fun/arcadey fans. Let's show them we're there for them so they'll continue to be there for us.

That’s why I buy every MX game that comes out. If they don’t sell they don’t make sequels. Each new release should get better. I like certain things better about each franchise and each can take notes from the others strong points. In return we get even better games.
WillyB
10/12/2018 8:50pm
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkk yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

can't wait!!!
10/12/2018 11:28pm
It would be nice to see them add to the customization and extra stuff to do to add longevity to the game. I looove these games but they need just a little more to keep the crowd playing the game for more than 3-4 months like all of my friends did.

And for those who complain about it being a “copy paste” of the first one, that’s how all sports games are, right? I don’t play Madden, but they can’t be changed drastically year to year right? Can’t wait for this one!!
PremixKid
10/12/2018 11:34pm
So is this one going to have factory bikes again? Or is it still custom bikes only?
danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
10/13/2018 12:14am
I really enjoyed the first game, but please cut the load times in half.......
10/13/2018 3:40am
I don't wanna be "that guy", but Milestone seem to be releasing games that are further and further from being finished. MXGP Pro is still broken. I keep hitting invisible walls in the track, the ruts don't do anything, the "free scrub" mechanic was just a total lie, the menu on my PS4 version is now half in Italian, players can't join official teams, online player suddenly disappear then reappear inside my player and send him flying, and the list goes on. And after constant complaints on their FB page they end up release some dog shit mobile game.

Don't get me wrong, MXGP Pro is a good game, I think it's the best MX we have. But it's a good game with far too many bugs. Its hard to enjoy when your flow is constantly cut short by these bugs. I can't get excited for MESX2 because I can't help but think its going to be a glitch filled, buggy mess.
baldeagle8
10/13/2018 4:42am
Sweet, coming to the Nintendo Switch again. This will be Milestone's 4th game for the Switch, and each one has gotten better. Motogp 18 was their best port yet... Hoping for good things with this release.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
10/13/2018 4:52am
I don't wanna be "that guy", but Milestone seem to be releasing games that are further and further from being finished. MXGP Pro is still broken...
I don't wanna be "that guy", but Milestone seem to be releasing games that are further and further from being finished. MXGP Pro is still broken. I keep hitting invisible walls in the track, the ruts don't do anything, the "free scrub" mechanic was just a total lie, the menu on my PS4 version is now half in Italian, players can't join official teams, online player suddenly disappear then reappear inside my player and send him flying, and the list goes on. And after constant complaints on their FB page they end up release some dog shit mobile game.

Don't get me wrong, MXGP Pro is a good game, I think it's the best MX we have. But it's a good game with far too many bugs. Its hard to enjoy when your flow is constantly cut short by these bugs. I can't get excited for MESX2 because I can't help but think its going to be a glitch filled, buggy mess.
MXGP pro was the first mx game that I just can't seem to enjoy. Its because I can't stop saying "WTF". Just like you said, too much chicken shit things happen to ever get in a grove.

I put in MESX the other day, download some custom tracks and was actually very surprised in my opinion how much better that game "felt". Pro seems like your controlling a bike with jet ski physics, never really feel connected. Pro physics simply feels like zero traction. I forget the name of that one track that is whooped out rough, they got that right. But the tracks that are smooth like Qatar, eh...
10/13/2018 6:36am
I don't wanna be "that guy", but Milestone seem to be releasing games that are further and further from being finished. MXGP Pro is still broken...

Been struggling with those invisible walls a lot recently Angry
Denn700
10/13/2018 10:19am
I hope this game is as good as the first one. I hated MXGP 1 and 2. The sound was terrible and those games give me a bad headache when I try to play them for some reason.
I really like MXGP 3 and Supercross. I don’t have as much time on Pro but I will say the physics feel like a step back and maybe that is why I don’t play it as much as the other two games.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
10/13/2018 10:47am

1. ruts and bumps make us change lines by track breaking down.

2.traction like phoenix most tracks are ice

3.load times-also don't show medals etc. make it where you can go find it if wanted. most don't care.

4.crashes should be a greater penalty, ive crashed and taken the lead in the same lap lol.. maybe dnf for big ones.

5.no more dumb slow ai (see crashing above)

6.1st turn lag with more explosive start. its too casual.

honorable mentions-- deeper sounds from bikes. 450 has way more bottom torque than you give it credit.
ability to look back at season.race by race- fast lap.laps led,pole-heats etc.
on pro it should take a perfect race to win let some of us run your ai times and lines.

Donovan759
10/13/2018 12:36pm
Stopping in to let you guys know since today is the monster cup:

For the Xbox guys, I made a MEC replica on the original MES game. Track name is called MEC2019 made by gamertag Death2alln00bz. I didn't find any that were close to accurate. Mine isn't the best as I don't normally make tracks on this game. I'll try to update throughout the day to make it flow better. Enjoy watching the cup today and happy gaming.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
10/13/2018 2:29pm
MX/SX games are ridiculous. I feel on a Kangaroo. That's not realistic at all. It's arcad but could be fun. I waiting for a true simulation.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/13/2018 2:45pm
Maybe Im reaching here but I think it would be cool if the rider ran to the bike and picked up after a crash(maybe even start it)
FroDiddy
10/13/2018 2:57pm
Kx125rider wrote:
Maybe Im reaching here but I think it would be cool if the rider ran to the bike and picked up after a crash(maybe even start...
Maybe Im reaching here but I think it would be cool if the rider ran to the bike and picked up after a crash(maybe even start it)
There's lots of room for improvement. I think you should be able to unlock past legends as you advance. RJ, Stanton, Emig, MC, Bradshaw, Bayle, etc.

There could also be a simulation option where you would pick the gate lineup (racers past and present) and watch the race unfold through multiple camera angles. A "create your own dream race" type of thing.
10/13/2018 3:08pm
Kx125rider wrote:
Maybe Im reaching here but I think it would be cool if the rider ran to the bike and picked up after a crash(maybe even start...
FroDiddy wrote:
There's lots of room for improvement. I think you should be able to unlock past legends as you advance. RJ, Stanton, Emig, MC, Bradshaw, Bayle, etc...
There's lots of room for improvement. I think you should be able to unlock past legends as you advance. RJ, Stanton, Emig, MC, Bradshaw, Bayle, etc.

There could also be a simulation option where you would pick the gate lineup (racers past and present) and watch the race unfold through multiple camera angles. A "create your own dream race" type of thing.
Idk how much fun this would be but I always wondered what it would be like to have a realistic moto game where you can get hurt and have to pay for it with credits and wait a certain amount of time to play again. It would definitely make it harder to get fast
Hcallz5
10/13/2018 3:20pm
Looks good, can't complain that they're making another one.

I wish Pegi 3 would make a motocross version of Dirt Rally. A GNCC style game would be so damn fun.
gym_jackets
10/13/2018 4:38pm
Fro said during the Free Practice Live stream that if you overjump in the game, you'll crash. Sounds promising if a casual observer would be able to make that assumption.
MotoMo165
10/13/2018 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2018 5:05pm
Other than gp pro’s random walls (which I think happen due to too much lean in corners) it’s a pretty good game. Try using less right stick to avoid it, also seems to mainly be on sandy tracks
On Xbox its just the create lobby that is in different language poor Sony guys

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Supercross 2

The Latest