Monster Energy Supercross 2

swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
1/22/2019 10:33am
jesta wrote:
With the improved track editor, I hope you can choose one of the actual stadiums to design in. Create your own Anaheim or Glendale track etc...
With the improved track editor, I hope you can choose one of the actual stadiums to design in. Create your own Anaheim or Glendale track etc. Would be a nice touch.
Having a track editor is probably 80% of why I will buy this game.

Hopefully the user tracks have more traction (grip, or whatever RC says) than the last game.
bf884
1/22/2019 6:01pm
Tylynn is actually pretty good on MES 1. Posts a bunch of videos. Although I don’t buy his excuse of the lag times. Crazy to think that the game would be that much different to cause him to ride that way.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
1/22/2019 9:05pm
I love MES1, and really excited for MES2.

Im not a power player and probably win about 50% of the time in 450s at max difficulty. But I find it really challenging to keep pace on some tracks, and maintaining consistency throughout a 20 minute main is challenging.

I just would love more tracks, the ability to weight the outside peg on flat corners, better deformation and a difference between whips and scrubs or turn down vs regular whips or something.

Even having multiple selectable whip styles in the rider build, so its still scripted whips but you have different option depending on the rider or your custom rider.

The Shop

peelout
1/23/2019 9:10am
oh hell yeah looks like you can still skim the tops of a rhythm section

#authenticity
clinthadwin
1/23/2019 9:13am
peelout wrote:

#authenticity
What rhythm section? All I see are little whoops, medium whoops, and huge whoops.
clinthadwin
1/23/2019 9:14am
Anyone know if they cut those loading times down at all?
1/23/2019 10:07am
What console are you playing on? I switched from a day one Xbox One, to a new Xbox one X and the load times are pretty much gone for me. Also it helps if you keep the game on an external drive.
clinthadwin
1/23/2019 10:16am
What console are you playing on? I switched from a day one Xbox One, to a new Xbox one X and the load times are pretty...
What console are you playing on? I switched from a day one Xbox One, to a new Xbox one X and the load times are pretty much gone for me. Also it helps if you keep the game on an external drive.
The key to shorter loading times isn't for everyone to have to upgrade consoles. It's file and memory management on the dev end. A lot of people simply stopped playing because of the load times in the first game. My question was, will they be fixed in the new one.

But yea, I have an older Xbox one. Not buying a new console until next gen. (unless I buy a ps4 for bloodborne and Horizon zero dawn)
greenmx5
1/23/2019 10:43am
What console are you playing on? I switched from a day one Xbox One, to a new Xbox one X and the load times are pretty...
I'm on a PS4 and have an external. Moving the game there made 0 difference.
gt757
1/23/2019 11:23am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2019 11:24am
Can't say i didn't get excited after watching this!
1/23/2019 1:20pm
greenmx5 wrote:
External hard drive, in most cases, would be worse. Storing natively will almost always be faster.

An external HDD will most likely be USB 2.0 or 3.0 which has slower transfer rates than a internal HDD connected to the board. Maybe the only time it would make a difference is if the external HDD was SSD and the connection was SSD and the internal is not SSD.

Long load times on console (doesn't exist on PC!) is a symptom of not offloading enough game data on to the console hard drive and having to pull to much of it from the disk (unless it's a digital download). That's a developer decision and I'm sure they have their reasons.
rawdawgin
1/24/2019 8:12am
When MXGP pro was almost released (about this timeframe on release, 2 weeks out)... I was able to change my address on my xbox and buy the game with Euros, download, and play it I want to say nearly a week or two early. I guess since it got released overseas at an earlier date. Does anyone know if this is the case with MES2?I bought the pre-order already, but Id buy a second copy to play it today lol.
StiffNasty
1/29/2019 8:00am
What console generally has more players? Any leagues or tournaments going to be supported for this one?
HusqFan3
1/29/2019 11:11am
greenmx5 wrote:
External hard drive, in most cases, would be worse. Storing natively will almost always be faster. An external HDD will most likely be USB 2.0 or...
External hard drive, in most cases, would be worse. Storing natively will almost always be faster.

An external HDD will most likely be USB 2.0 or 3.0 which has slower transfer rates than a internal HDD connected to the board. Maybe the only time it would make a difference is if the external HDD was SSD and the connection was SSD and the internal is not SSD.

Long load times on console (doesn't exist on PC!) is a symptom of not offloading enough game data on to the console hard drive and having to pull to much of it from the disk (unless it's a digital download). That's a developer decision and I'm sure they have their reasons.
If that’s true then how do you explain the exceedingly long load times i experience despite having procured via digital download? i.e. entire game resides on the HD...

There may very well be a good explanation. Just curious since it seems to defy logic.
CR92
1/29/2019 12:57pm
Does anyone know about the numbers on the bikes, If you can change them or not? I asked before and never really got any kind of response.
motoman617
1/29/2019 1:08pm
CR92 wrote:
Does anyone know about the numbers on the bikes, If you can change them or not? I asked before and never really got any kind of...
Does anyone know about the numbers on the bikes, If you can change them or not? I asked before and never really got any kind of response.
You can have any number you want on your own bike. You cannot change the number if you are riding as a pro rider.
ie: Chad Reed or somebody like that.
CR92
1/29/2019 1:12pm
CR92 wrote:
Does anyone know about the numbers on the bikes, If you can change them or not? I asked before and never really got any kind of...
motoman617 wrote:
You can have any number you want on your own bike. You cannot change the number if you are riding as a pro rider. ie: Chad...
You can have any number you want on your own bike. You cannot change the number if you are riding as a pro rider.
ie: Chad Reed or somebody like that.
Thanks for the response.
I'm wondering if you can change the style of the number. So instead of just having a regular number you can have like an rv/McGrath style 2 or something like that.
motoman617
1/29/2019 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2019 1:17pm
CR92 wrote:
Thanks for the response. I'm wondering if you can change the style of the number. So instead of just having a regular number you can have...
Thanks for the response.
I'm wondering if you can change the style of the number. So instead of just having a regular number you can have like an rv/McGrath style 2 or something like that.
I know you can change the size of the number. You can go in and zoom it in or out and rotate it but don’t remember on the style. I know they give you some style options on your name and number on your jersey. I’ll look on the style of the number on the bike tonight.t
motoman617
1/30/2019 9:42am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2019 9:44am
CR92 wrote:
Thanks for the response. I'm wondering if you can change the style of the number. So instead of just having a regular number you can have...
Thanks for the response.
Cannot change the number style. You can make it larger or smaller and rotate it around but I did not see a way to change the font in the original MES game. Don’t know if that was changed in the new version. Will see in a week
gt757
1/30/2019 11:00am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2019 11:05am
Little track editor show here.
He sucks and has no clue of what he is doing but at least gives us an idea of what can be done with it.
enketchum
1/30/2019 12:10pm
peelout wrote:

#authenticity
How much did they pay Matthes for the use of the "Steve Matthes Memorial Nets"?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/30/2019 12:16pm
gt757 wrote:
Little track editor show here. He sucks and has no clue of what he is doing but at least gives us an idea of what can...
Little track editor show here.
He sucks and has no clue of what he is doing but at least gives us an idea of what can be done with it.
That track was horrible.... Awesome to see the different options for the track, but that was awful.
CR92
1/30/2019 2:40pm
CR92 wrote:
Thanks for the response.
motoman617 wrote:
Cannot change the number style. You can make it larger or smaller and rotate it around but I did not see a way to change the...
Cannot change the number style. You can make it larger or smaller and rotate it around but I did not see a way to change the font in the original MES game. Don’t know if that was changed in the new version. Will see in a week
Well, that's too bad. I was hoping that was gonna change in the second one. Figured it was a small enough change. Oh well, I'll still get the game I'm sure.
MotoMo165
1/30/2019 4:50pm
CR92 wrote:
Thanks for the response.
motoman617 wrote:
Cannot change the number style. You can make it larger or smaller and rotate it around but I did not see a way to change the...
CR92 wrote:
Well, that's too bad. I was hoping that was gonna change in the second one. Figured it was a small enough change. Oh well, I'll still...
Well, that's too bad. I was hoping that was gonna change in the second one. Figured it was a small enough change. Oh well, I'll still get the game I'm sure.
I can’t recall if you could in the last sx game, but in gp3 and gppro (gp 4) they had 4 different font styles for numbers, on gear and jersey, may be the same for this new game.

That track was god awful, but can’t knock the company too hard for them trying to maximize sales. These idiots (you tubers) get a Ton of views, have a giant following, and these followers may end up buying the game just to play their “favorite YouTubers” track that he created. Plus it may be cheap advertising to new peoples. That’s my guess
MotoMo165
1/30/2019 5:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2019 5:07pm
CR92 wrote:
Thanks for the response.
motoman617 wrote:
CR92 wrote:
Well, that's too bad. I was hoping that was gonna change in the second one. Figured it was a small enough change. Oh well, I'll still...

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Supercross 2

The Latest