Monster Energy Supercross 2

Related:
Create New Tag

10/12/2018 6:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2018 7:49 AM

Starting a new thread for the new Monster Energy Supercross game. More news today at 4 EST at the Monster Energy Cup presser. -per flatout111

|

10/12/2018 6:20 AM

Mx simulator is already out tho

|

10/12/2018 6:34 AM

Already cancelled my pre-order

|

10/12/2018 6:39 AM

early wrote:

Already cancelled my pre-order

I canceled my preorder cancellation

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/12/2018 6:51 AM

Just cancelled your cancellation, before precancelling my own cancellation.

|

10/12/2018 6:53 AM

I would cancel, but never ordered it.

|

10/12/2018 7:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2018 7:50 AM

Well, not a big deal I guess but now I know how Matthes' feels over MXA.

Greenmx5 neglected to mention that, in the original MESX thread, I am the one who broke the news of the announcement later today of the next Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video game.

Again, not a big deal but kinda the principle of it, I guess.

Anyway, stoked for the announcement.

|

10/12/2018 7:40 AM

#Rehashed

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/12/2018 7:44 AM

Eli Tomac DLC, but they are not sure if he'll show up in the game or not. 50/50 chance, 100%.

|

10/12/2018 7:49 AM

flatout111 wrote:

Greenmx5 neglected to mention that, in the original MESX thread, I am the one who broke the news of the announcement later today of the next Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video game.

Modified

|

10/12/2018 7:55 AM

flatout111 wrote:

greenmx5 wrote:

Modified

Giving credit where it’s due. Good on you bud!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/12/2018 7:57 AM

I would buy it but I have to save money for lotto tickets

|

10/12/2018 7:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2018 8:01 AM

flatout111 wrote:

greenmx5 wrote:

Modified

Thank you, greenmx5.

My source was stoked about today during our conversation last night! .

And yes, I know you boys know who it is.

|

10/12/2018 7:59 AM

^^^ Why not just say Ralph?

|

10/12/2018 8:02 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Never reveal your sources, bro!! Lol. Even if everyone knows. Admit nothing.

|

10/12/2018 8:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2018 9:46 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

flatout111 wrote:

LOL. Pretty sure saying everyone knows who it is defeats the purpose of saying "your source" since your source is out in the open.

Only thing I really want is a more indepth career mode. I personally don't think new tracks, graphics, gear, etc. warrants a new game. What I listed is easily done via DLC.

The career mode as it stands has no replayability and it's just race after race. I guess I'm really looking for more of a story mode.

I don't think it'll be much different.

|

10/12/2018 8:23 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

flatout111 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

LOL. Pretty sure saying everyone knows who it is defeats the purpose of saying "your source" since your source is out in the open.

Only thing I really want is a more indepth career mode. I personally don't think new tracks, graphics, gear, etc. warrants a new game. What I listed is easily done via DLC.

The career mode as it stands has no replayability and it's just race after race. I guess I'm really looking for more of a story mode.

Something more along the lines of mxgp or mxgp2? Where you earn a ride and all that?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

10/12/2018 8:36 AM

flatout111 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Something more along the lines of mxgp or mxgp2? Where you earn a ride and all that?

Maybe? No clue. I only played MXGP or MXGP 2 for a little bit years ago. Not enough to remember much of anything.

I didn't buy MXGP 3 or MXGP Pro. Passed on those and might pass on MES 2/2018.

It would be cool if it would be similar to F1. If you sign with a lower level team your bikes aren't as competitive and you need to aim at finishing mid pack. Top team, bikes are more competitive and your goals are to finish on the podium. If anyone has played an F1 game you know how difficult it can be to finish mid pack with a shitty car. They have test sessions with goals you have to reach to develop a better car. Then again you can choose the length of your career. Anything from 1 year to 7+ years so there's plenty of time to improve the car if you decide to stick with the same team.

|

10/12/2018 8:48 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Maybe? No clue. I only played MXGP or MXGP 2 for a little bit years ago. Not enough to remember much of anything.

It would be cool if it would be similar to F1. If you sign with a lower level team your bikes aren't as competitive and you need to aim at finishing mid pack. Top team, bikes are more competitive and your goals are to finish on the podium. If anyone has played an F1 game you know how difficult it can be to finish mid pack with a shitty car. They have test sessions with goals you have to reach to develop a better car. Then again you can choose the length of your career. Anything from 1 year to 7+ years so there's plenty of time to improve the car if you decide to stick with the same team.

I’ve never played it, but I’m going to check it out now

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

10/12/2018 8:52 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I can see what you see, Mav. Personally, I appreciate a yearly iteration. Just like the Madden, NBA2Ks you get small refinements but different tracks, updated rosters for the previous year, updated bikes and gear and hopefully improvements.

I play championship mode as my favorite riders... Just like I play the LA Kings in NHL. That's my preferred mode. And I have zero issue supporting and purchasing from Milestone for all their efforts. I mean they did what the other competition said was impossible. And I think this series is the best thing in mx gaming right now. Better than MVA and better than its brother Mxgp. Just my opinion, though.

|

10/12/2018 8:58 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

MXGP Pro is set up just as your F1 scenario you mentioned. You don't get good shit until you win a championship. However you don't have test sessions.

|

10/12/2018 9:02 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

kNewc wrote:

MXGP Pro is set up just as your F1 scenario you mentioned. You don't get good shit until you win a championship. However you don't have test sessions.

I guess I need to get Pro..

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

10/12/2018 9:04 AM

Ugh another year of flatout gurgling this games balls

|

10/12/2018 9:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2018 9:24 AM

orange_44 wrote:

I hear you, man. I like what I like. Sorry.

|

10/12/2018 9:41 AM

flatout111 wrote:

greenmx5 wrote:

Modified

flatout111 wrote:

Thank you, greenmx5.

My source was stoked about today during our conversation last night! .

And yes, I know you boys know who it is.

I honestly just made the new thread without thinking because someone mentioned the other one loading slow because of there being so many pages of content. I have the same issues as well, so I was anxious for the fresh start haha

|

10/12/2018 9:48 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

kNewc wrote:

Well that's just it. In the F1 franchise you could get to a round and the team will have an upgrade package ready (front wing, engine, rear wing, etc.) and during practice they'll give you a goal to achieve (could be a fast lap, could be 5 laps within a certain time, etc.) and if you fail to achieve the goal you don't get the upgrade. Upgrades make significant improvements to the car allowing you to become more competitive in the field. If you sign to a low level team there's no way you're winning races/championships. Well actually you can if you play on easy but if you play on realistic, forget it, no chance.

I get that MX bikes aren't as complex as F1 cars and the game wouldn't have to be but it would be a nice change of pace for us to be on a slower bike and giving it everything we have to finish mid pack and not runaway with the win regardless of what bike you're on. MES the game on realistic mode is not that difficult.

As it stands you can win races on a stock bike. Sure it's more difficult but not impossible.

It would give the guys that don't have a good/no internet connection a challenge and a lot more replayability. Right now once you complete it you don't even want to play it again. That's why online gaming is important. You're almost always guaranteed to find someone to battle with.

|

10/12/2018 9:50 AM

orange_44 wrote:

flatout111 wrote:

I hear you, man. I like what I like. Sorry.

Don't apologize to jagoffs...

|

10/12/2018 10:03 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I’ve never played it, but I’m going to check it out now

If you're talking about F1, yes. One of the best racing games of all time (IMHO). The thing is, you could tune that game to be infinitely difficult, so it never got boring. The campaign mode was incredibly compelling. Hell, I still have the 14' version and play it. I can't tell you how many career seasons I went thought. Great game, and Mav is right, if we had a moto version of F1, that would be incredible. I'm not sure I'd ever go outside again.

But that's rare in a game. and it's why devs are reluctant to make games that can be made so challenging. They want you to master a game so that you'll be waiting with baited breath for the next release. And so forth, and so on.

|

10/12/2018 11:52 AM

F1 games have the difficulty dialed. If they could make MES 2018 as difficult as that game I’d never stop playing.

|

10/12/2018 12:35 PM

|

Youtube.com/user/qontusolsson