Monster Energy Cup stacked

Edited Date/Time 9/4/2012 4:16pm
I know its a bit early but the line up for this year's Monster cup looks great!

Confirmed 2012 Riders

Ryan Villopoto, Jake Weimer, Andrew Short, Josh Grant, Justin Brayton, Mike Alessi, Nick Wey, Kyle Chisholm, Travis Baker, Broc Tickle, Nico Izzi, Martin Davalos, Vince Friese, Dean Wilson, Justin Barcia, Cole Seely, Brett Metcalfe, Ryan Dungey, Eli Tomac, Ken Roczen, Blake Baggett, Tyla Rattray, Kevin Windham, Marvin Musquin, Will Hahn.

I'd say six or seven riders could take it.
|
machine
9/3/2012 11:34am
I though Dean said he wouldn't be ready?
TDeath21
9/3/2012 11:36am
Hopefully Reed, Stewart, and Canard go too. It is very stacked. Should be a great start to the season.
40Plus_922mx
9/3/2012 11:46am
Ah little grasshopper this happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR dating back to the USSX. Every summer news comes out every week of another big name entered to race. And as tickets start moving and the event gets neerer then they start hearing one by one the reasons why so in so won't make it usually leaving us with one or none big names. The last few years of the USSX it was real bad. I sure hope it won't happen again as I have too spent money on tix and rooms. But I am a slow learner.
9/3/2012 12:41pm
Yeah thought I heard Wilson was out as well. It would be great if JS7, Reed and TC can do it, but I think it might be too early for Trey, and not sure if its worth the risk. Only thing is it will be good for race testing coming into sx.

The Shop

9/3/2012 12:50pm
Ah little grasshopper this happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR dating back to the USSX. Every summer news comes out every week of another big name entered to...
Ah little grasshopper this happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR dating back to the USSX. Every summer news comes out every week of another big name entered to race. And as tickets start moving and the event gets neerer then they start hearing one by one the reasons why so in so won't make it usually leaving us with one or none big names. The last few years of the USSX it was real bad. I sure hope it won't happen again as I have too spent money on tix and rooms. But I am a slow learner.
I hope riders don't drop out, but looking back at last year, pretty much everyone who signed up for it actually did it. Villopoto, Tomac, Musquin, Alessi, Windham and Dungey on the new KTM all raced, so hopefully it will be the same this year barring injury.
40Plus_922mx
9/4/2012 2:17pm
Yeah, we are fortunate enough to have so many fast guys even in the 250 ranks that it will be good.
9/4/2012 2:55pm
For a winner-take-all dash for cash event like this, RV is very hard to bet against.
426Hemi
Fantasy
2747th
9/4/2012 3:08pm
Reminds me of the ever present hype for supercross, then unfortunately some main players get hurt. Hopefully this year everyone can keep healthy.
40Plus_922mx
9/4/2012 4:16pm
I highly doubt RV will take it all again. Not saying he ain't The Man by any means. But remember NOBODY was there
last year cept Dunge and he was play riding a new bike. This year Dunge will be fresh and RV will be on a comeback. Plus with VF in the mix you just never know? LOL. And I bet someone up stairs said a big "Whoops"? when RV crossed the finish of the third race. They will open that track up for passing like we never seen before this year.

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Cup stacked

The Latest