Monster Energy Cup moves to...Compton (Carson)?

Edited Date/Time 1/8/2020 4:30pm
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Apologies if it's already been discussed.

MXA is reporting that the 2020 Monster Energy Cup is leaving Vegas and moving to Compton (Carson), CA?

Link
|
DC
1/7/2020 10:50am
They announced this last Friday at the Anaheim 1 press conference. The last event ever in Sam Boyd Stadium will be the 2020 Las Vegas SX round in April, then they begin to demolish in. Feld plans on taking the race back to Vegas in 2021 to the brand new stadium (which will hopefully be ready for the '21 Vegas SX round in April '21).

The stadium in Carson is the place-saver for now.

DC
Racer X

The Shop

1/7/2020 10:56am
DC wrote:
They announced this last Friday at the Anaheim 1 press conference. The last event ever in Sam Boyd Stadium will be the 2020 Las Vegas SX...
They announced this last Friday at the Anaheim 1 press conference. The last event ever in Sam Boyd Stadium will be the 2020 Las Vegas SX round in April, then they begin to demolish in. Feld plans on taking the race back to Vegas in 2021 to the brand new stadium (which will hopefully be ready for the '21 Vegas SX round in April '21).

DC
Racer X
Good to hear. Thanks for the additional insight DC!
Red Crawford
1/7/2020 10:58am
Pretty obvious who in this thread does not live in SoCal. The venue is next to the 405 Freeway---easy access for the snowflakes who fear the dark man. And, that area has gentrified pretty heavily, but keep watching 'Boy's in da Hood' for your opinion on things you've never seen. LMAO.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/7/2020 11:11am
DC wrote:
They announced this last Friday at the Anaheim 1 press conference. The last event ever in Sam Boyd Stadium will be the 2020 Las Vegas SX...

DC
Racer X
In my opinion (FWIW Woohoo ), I think Glendale would have been a great venue for MEC this year. I've been to several different SX venues, and I think Glendale is always the best. The extra track area in that stadium always makes the layout really cool with longer lap times. Of course would require working around the Cardinals football schedule, but have to do that with the Rams schedule in Carson too, so no different really.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/7/2020 11:20am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2020 11:21am
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Apologies if it's already been discussed. MXA is reporting that the 2020 Monster Energy Cup is leaving Vegas and moving to...

MXA is reporting that the 2020 Monster Energy Cup is leaving Vegas and moving to Compton (Carson), CA?

Link
1/7/2020 11:22am
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Apologies if it's already been discussed. MXA is reporting that the 2020 Monster Energy Cup is leaving Vegas and moving to...

Link
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well crap. My apologies. I searched and scrolled but didn't see this.

Mods feel free to delete.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/7/2020 12:46pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Also known in the past as the Home Depot center...when they had the X Games there, and the Jeremy McGrath Invitational.

This ain't as "out there" as some of you seem to think it is.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/7/2020 12:47pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Gonna lose a lot of bikes......
Just stop.
snackfedbear
1/7/2020 12:52pm
GuyB wrote:
Also known in the past as the Home Depot center...when they had the X Games there, and the Jeremy McGrath Invitational. This ain't as "out there"...
Also known in the past as the Home Depot center...when they had the X Games there, and the Jeremy McGrath Invitational.

This ain't as "out there" as some of you seem to think it is.
Jeremy McGrath invitational... man that brings things back. I really wish that one would have stuck around. Such a cool race concept
xrmark
1/7/2020 12:57pm
Pretty obvious who in this thread does not live in SoCal. The venue is next to the 405 Freeway---easy access for the snowflakes who fear the...
Pretty obvious who in this thread does not live in SoCal. The venue is next to the 405 Freeway---easy access for the snowflakes who fear the dark man. And, that area has gentrified pretty heavily, but keep watching 'Boy's in da Hood' for your opinion on things you've never seen. LMAO.
I’ve lived here my whole life. Where that stadium is is generally not the best neighborhood. Even the college it’s on is a bit sketchy sometimes. These are known facts. And there isn’t really a dark man to fear, its sketchy ass ms13 wanna be’s. You really trying to say where that stadium is is nice?? LMAO. its a shit hole, like all of LA county
Kyle978
1/7/2020 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2020 1:01pm
Pretty obvious who in this thread does not live in SoCal. The venue is next to the 405 Freeway---easy access for the snowflakes who fear the...
Thank you for stating that. Amazing how some folks act when something might take them outside their comfort zone.
resetjet
1/7/2020 1:01pm
Should have taken it to florida somewhere. Daytona comes to mind.
Kyle978
1/7/2020 1:03pm
xrmark wrote:
I’ve lived here my whole life. Where that stadium is is generally not the best neighborhood. Even the college it’s on is a bit sketchy sometimes...
I’ve lived here my whole life. Where that stadium is is generally not the best neighborhood. Even the college it’s on is a bit sketchy sometimes. These are known facts. And there isn’t really a dark man to fear, its sketchy ass ms13 wanna be’s. You really trying to say where that stadium is is nice?? LMAO. its a shit hole, like all of LA county
When was the last time you ventured around there?

Gangs are getting pushed out, their folks can’t afford their homes any more.

I actually just did a meeting right across the street from the stadium at a Sports Med clinic who is doing state of the art stem cell injections. But I’m sure that happens in the hood all over, right?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/7/2020 1:05pm
xrmark wrote:
I’ve lived here my whole life. Where that stadium is is generally not the best neighborhood. Even the college it’s on is a bit sketchy sometimes...
Meanwhile, Lake Elsinore is a shining example of civility and upper class society.
xrmark
1/7/2020 1:07pm
Kyle978 wrote:
When was the last time you ventured around there? Gangs are getting pushed out, their folks can’t afford their homes any more. I actually just did...

I actually just did a meeting right across the street from the stadium at a Sports Med clinic who is doing state of the art stem cell injections. But I’m sure that happens in the hood all over, right?
It’s a shit hole man lol I work in LA every single day and pass that place every single day. It’s not “the hood” but you know what I mean. It’s a step down, I’m sure you won’t be hitting the bars in Carson after lol
Red Crawford
1/7/2020 1:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2020 2:45pm
xrmark wrote:
Kyle978 wrote:
When was the last time you ventured around there? Gangs are getting pushed out, their folks can’t afford their homes any more. I actually just did...

Hard to change a man's self-admitted bias. xrmark hates all things LA County.
ktmwoods
1/7/2020 1:10pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
TbonesPop wrote:
In my opinion (FWIW :woohoo: ), I think Glendale would have been a great venue for MEC this year. I've been to several different SX venues...
In my opinion (FWIW Woohoo ), I think Glendale would have been a great venue for MEC this year. I've been to several different SX venues, and I think Glendale is always the best. The extra track area in that stadium always makes the layout really cool with longer lap times. Of course would require working around the Cardinals football schedule, but have to do that with the Rams schedule in Carson too, so no different really.
Except the Rams don't play in that stadium...
Kyle978
1/7/2020 1:12pm
Kyle978 wrote:

xrmark wrote:
It’s a shit hole man lol I work in LA every single day and pass that place every single day. It’s not “the hood” but you...
It’s a shit hole man lol I work in LA every single day and pass that place every single day. It’s not “the hood” but you know what I mean. It’s a step down, I’m sure you won’t be hitting the bars in Carson after lol
San Diego SX in 2016 I watched 2 bums go at it, 1 with a knife about 25 yards away from our rig on the other side of the temporary fence of the pits. I’m good in Carson.
1/7/2020 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2020 1:27pm
ninety3
1/7/2020 1:36pm
Right down the street, cool Cool
Zeke27G
1/7/2020 1:41pm
ninety3 wrote:
Right down the street, cool Cool
Gonna catch a surf in the morning, then head to the stadium after, bitchin'! Cool
Zeke27G
1/7/2020 1:43pm
THIS!!

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Cup moves to...Compton (Carson)?

The Latest