Monster Energy Cup - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

Related:
FerCzD
10/19/2019 4:53pm
Racing hasn't even started and 2020 SX field is shrinking. Too bad for Dean. And here's hoping for no more injured riders during tonight's show.
Johnny Depp
10/19/2019 4:55pm
Looks like Deano out for 2020. That sucks.
mxb2 wrote:
Dam. That sucks
Wait what do you guys know? Collarbone my guess, maybe shoulder too?
byke
10/19/2019 4:57pm
Know nothing, but thinking there's a femur and/or pelvis in there too.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
10/19/2019 5:01pm
Looks like Deano out for 2020. That sucks.
mxb2 wrote:
Dam. That sucks
Wait what do you guys know? Collarbone my guess, maybe shoulder too?
Definitely lower extremities. He wasn't unconscious.

If you watch the replay, he landed on the berm with his right knee and his body came to a sudden stop. My guess would be femur fracture or dislocation along with pelvis damage.

I really hope I'm wrong, but the way they carted him off laying on his left side wasn't a good sign either.

The Shop

VilloFan951
10/19/2019 5:04pm
Any video of deans crash? I wasn’t able to watch the live stream
mxb2
10/19/2019 5:11pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Thought Hill was racing?
Guitar practice.
ocscottie
10/19/2019 5:11pm
Beeby
10/19/2019 5:12pm
These novelty races, this one and the straight rhythm have got to lose their appeal when they take riders out of the season. Deano just never gets a smooth ride.
mxb2
10/19/2019 5:15pm
Beeby wrote:
These novelty races, this one and the straight rhythm have got to lose their appeal when they take riders out of the season. Deano just never...
These novelty races, this one and the straight rhythm have got to lose their appeal when they take riders out of the season. Deano just never gets a smooth ride.
Throw mxon in there if you want. At least some are paid events.
therealhammer
10/19/2019 5:28pm
Beeby wrote:
These novelty races, this one and the straight rhythm have got to lose their appeal when they take riders out of the season. Deano just never...
Just so we are clear .. you definitely aren’t watching the race tonight then, right ?
aeffertz
10/19/2019 5:28pm
SX sucks... don’t get me wrong, I’m going to watch it when it’s on because I enjoy our sport but how did this become the epitome of racing here in the US? It’s a shit presentation, closer to a circus than a profession racing event, even more dangerous than MX, bikes have quickly outgrown the stadiums they race in, I could go on and on.

Seeing these guys already getting injured in the first set of SX qualifiers is just irritating and I already miss seeing these guys just going fast and opening it up around an outdoor track with actual interesting commentary.

2020 Nationals can’t get here quick enough.
Johnny Depp
10/19/2019 5:29pm
Bitch bitch, It's a dirt bike race and they are inherently dangerous. No one to blame, this is a tame track and they were trying to quad triples, always looking for an edge.
10/19/2019 5:30pm
Beeby wrote:
I mean... it is a dirt bike race. I don’t think it’s inherently more dangerous than the 17 main series races.
dimetime
10/19/2019 5:36pm
Bitch bitch, It's a dirt bike race and they are inherently dangerous. No one to blame, this is a tame track and they were trying to...
Bitch bitch, It's a dirt bike race and they are inherently dangerous. No one to blame, this is a tame track and they were trying to quad triples, always looking for an edge.
Exactly. Look l love Deano but to call a constant injury problem simply bad luck isn't right.

Some dudes are a little more fragile than others and some dude's are more comfortable riding right on the edge. Shit happens when you constantly ride on the edge.

I just hope Deano can put it back together one more time and this doesn't break him mentally. Dudes had rough run fo sho.
Racerman967
10/19/2019 5:37pm
aeffertz wrote:
SX sucks... don’t get me wrong, I’m going to watch it when it’s on because I enjoy our sport but how did this become the epitome...
SX sucks... don’t get me wrong, I’m going to watch it when it’s on because I enjoy our sport but how did this become the epitome of racing here in the US? It’s a shit presentation, closer to a circus than a profession racing event, even more dangerous than MX, bikes have quickly outgrown the stadiums they race in, I could go on and on.

Seeing these guys already getting injured in the first set of SX qualifiers is just irritating and I already miss seeing these guys just going fast and opening it up around an outdoor track with actual interesting commentary.

Money, when you can get 40,000 people at 75 dollars a pop and shown in prime time on Sat night it offers more exposure for riders, sponsors and teams than 15k showing up and the race being broadcast on 2 networks one of which is shown in about 15 households.

Beeby
10/19/2019 5:38pm
Beeby wrote:
Just so we are clear .. you definitely aren’t watching the race tonight then, right ?
It’s a novelty. I didn’t say it’s not appealing for people. Clearly it is for the riders. I imagine the $1M makes it worth the risk in their minds until it goes wrong
aeffertz
10/19/2019 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2019 5:41pm
aeffertz wrote:
SX sucks... don’t get me wrong, I’m going to watch it when it’s on because I enjoy our sport but how did this become the epitome...

Money, when you can get 40,000 people at 75 dollars a pop and shown in prime time on Sat night it offers more exposure for riders...
Money, when you can get 40,000 people at 75 dollars a pop and shown in prime time on Sat night it offers more exposure for riders, sponsors and teams than 15k showing up and the race being broadcast on 2 networks one of which is shown in about 15 households.

I know. I’m asking how this became more interesting than MX in the public opinion. Because you couldn’t list all those numbers without people becoming more interested in SX in the first place. Is it because it’s a live event at night that caught more people on? Is it because there is more crashes?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/19/2019 5:44pm
Beeby wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
balance of injuries so far:
MXdN: 0 (I can't remember any worth mentioning)
MEC: 2 (after practice)
Johnny Ringo
10/19/2019 5:45pm
Beeby wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Other than coopers broken hand?
Hoks
10/19/2019 5:47pm
aeffertz wrote:

Money, when you can get 40,000 people at 75 dollars a pop and shown in prime time on Sat night it offers more exposure for riders...

aeffertz wrote:
I know. I’m asking how this became more interesting than MX in the public opinion. Because you couldn’t list all those numbers without people becoming more...
I know. I’m asking how this became more interesting than MX in the public opinion. Because you couldn’t list all those numbers without people becoming more interested in SX in the first place. Is it because it’s a live event at night that caught more people on? Is it because there is more crashes?
For me a SX has a lot more happening within the race. Lots of passing, lots of chances for mistakes and leader changes. It’s not uncommon for MX to have someone pull away in 10 mins then ride it in for the next 25 minutes, we’ve even seen Tomac, Prado, Herlings etc. crash and still win.

Although for going to an event I would prefer MX, the longer motos let me walk around and view all over the place. But my wife enjoys the SX atmosphere better so ultimately that makes the whole thing a little more enjoyable than just watching by myself.

byke
10/19/2019 5:52pm
The same people that like outdoors also like supercross, but there's an additional (and large) segment of people that only watch supercross. Like how if you go to an airshow, there's maybe 20% of the crowd that are into airplanes and know about airplanes, then there's the other 80% that don't know anything and visit just because it's neat. Supercross has *a lot* more of that 80% group than outdoors.
DonM
10/19/2019 5:56pm
Beeby wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Cooper, Jasakonis and Dylan Walsh....
GD2
Fantasy
815th
10/19/2019 5:57pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Thought Hill was racing?
In the PR announcing his deal with MCR it stated that he would not race Monster Cup.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/19/2019 6:01pm
mxb2 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
DonM wrote:
Cooper, Jasakonis and Dylan Walsh....
Glad I added "I can't remember" Pinch
But Jasikonis was injured before the mxdn weekend already. Lets say it's a tie. And let's hope it stays there.
Johnny Depp
10/19/2019 6:07pm
I'm guessing there might be a little work done on the face of that jump, either that or I hope no on else goes for it.

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Cup - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

The Latest