Mobius (or any other) wrist brace

Cortami79
11/18/2020 5:14am
Hey guys

I broke my scaphoid bone and arm around three months ago. After 6 weeks in a cast and 6 weeks in a brace it seems like it is healed.

Anyways. Still not 100% how it should be. No flexibility or strength and even some pain. I’m planning to skip the winter as well to fully heal and start riding in february/march again. Now, I have seen the mobius brace that Roczen is riding with and it seems to give some more stability and support for the wrist. Are there any people here that used it? Would love to see some insight in here.

Thanks alot
|
jpatz319
Fantasy
1285th
11/18/2020 5:45am
I had the same injury 5 years ago. I originally had the Allsport Dynamic brace for my wrist. The plus of the AllSport brace is that it has a hard stop to prevent your wrist from moving too far. The biggest negative of the AllSport is the strap that goes over your palm. It always made me feel like I was riding with a pair of extra thick gloves. I moved over to mobius brace 3 years ago and haven't looked back. I prefer the two finger mounting and adjustability of BOA type system. The only negative to the Mobius is that it doesn't have a hard stop but I have found with my injury it is okay.
11/18/2020 6:06am
Broke my left arm/wrist twice and was finally in need of a wrist brace last year so I broke down and bought a Mobius for both arms. I have the stop turned all the way in on my left arm so it doesn't have much room to bend which I like. So all in all I've been very happy with them and the adjust ability is great. I use the one finger mount. They're also slim enough to fit under my jacket and gloves when I ride snowmobile in the winter which is also a plus! Hope this helps
JMR1976
11/18/2020 7:34am
The mobius works great I wouldn’t be able to to charge hard without. It makes your wrist feel much more stable without causing arm pump. I have crashed many times and the brace also adds protection from scratching when your hands actually hit the ground
bh
11/18/2020 8:09am
I have the all sport ones, but I’m going to get a pair of the mobius ones in the near future. I’m not really a fan of having to get a pocket stitched to the glove. I have the older that don’t have the one strap, and the lace up style is kind of a pain.

The Shop

Moto520
11/18/2020 8:51am
I have the Allsports custom brace, the "Lacer," and the Mobius. I like the mobius because it provides some compression to the wrist which also helps with support. The other braces keep your wrist from getting re-injured from over extension but does not provide support. The less expensive wrist braces from EVS give a ton of support and compromise mobility.
duckdog77
11/18/2020 9:38am
Broke my scaphoid late last winter. Had surgery. Same time tables as you 6 week cast 6 week splint. While I was in the splint I was allowed to begin stretches so by the time I was released I had 70% mobility back. Was released by the doctor on a Thursday bought the Mobius braces for both wrists and went racing Saturday. I had a little pain for a few months. Now just when the weather changes I can feel it a little.

Buy the Mobius and don’t look back. I don’t ride with out them now.
11/18/2020 11:22am
I gave broken my Scaphoid twice and my metacarpal once. I run the mobius wrist brace which if you ask me it is worth every cent.Previous to breaking it the second time I thought that after riding scaphoid pain was just something to deal with. Then after breaking it again and realizing I was lucky to not have my wrist fused I bought my Mobius. I can honestly say if I would have had it when I broke it the second time I probably wouldn't have broken it. To add to this I also run FLEXX bars. Paired I have 0 pain in my wrist or hand after riding, which is something I wouldn't have thought to be possible.
Cortami79
11/18/2020 1:00pm
Thanks alot everyone for the response. I will order one for christmas and try it once I get back into riding. Will give some updates thenSmile

Post a reply to: Mobius (or any other) wrist brace

The Latest