Mobius kneebraces

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2018 9:16 AM

So, i tend to break my knee braces a few times a year it seems, and i have now had enough of Pod, Leatt and Alpinestars.
Has anyone bought the Mobius braces? Im thinking about buying a pair but id like some feedback first, much ty

|

3/26/2018 9:22 AM

No experience with Mobius but I can highly recommend Ortema knee braces. A little more expensive though than Mobius. About 950$ a pair

|

3/26/2018 11:01 AM

I like mine. Comfortable but I haven't crashed on them hard yet.

Their warrantee department goes above and beyond so I am sure they would help you if you did break them.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

3/26/2018 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2018 11:28 AM

I have owned mine for 3 years.

Had a really bad crash while wearing them in 2016 and escaped with only a torn ACL and meniscus. Probably would have been way worse had i not been wearing them.

I had the older "version" with the steel cables. Had the cable in the left side snap on me. I called customer support and they sent me the nylon cable rebuild kit free of charge, and also threw in some extra pads for a custom/tighter fit.

I will not ride without them, especially after having knee replacement surgery. I always use the largest knee stop spacer so that my legs never fully straighten. I've dabbed my rebuild leg many times without issue.

My suggestion is to make sure you measure your legs correctly. You want to make sure the braces fit tight (really as tight as you can bare). If you wear them loose on your leg, you should have saved money and just purchased knee pads. The caveat to this is that you may experience some skin chafing when they are very tight. I had a problem where the tendon backplate was chafing the backside of my knee and was actually breaking skin. I now wear a compression sleeve underneath my knee brace socks and it adds enough protection.

Also, if you currently have tight fitting riding pants, you'll want to consider getting pants with a larger knee pocket. The braces are a touch on the bulky side.

|

3/26/2018 11:32 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Had a really bad crash while wearing them in 2016 and escaped with only a torn ACL and ...more

Thanks! My mate has a pair so ill test his for sizing, and i live in buttfuck-cold sweden so i use like a pair if running tights AND knee-brace socks all year round so i think im good

|

3/26/2018 12:51 PM

I've had Asterics (sp?), Pods, and Mobius. I like the Mobius slightly better than the Pods because I can snug them up well with the dial cable thing. The Pods are pretty damn good though. The pods are lite weight, and comfortable. But as stated my knees are pretty bad and I need the extra protection.

|

1983 YZ 250K, 1983 CR 250, 1982 CT110, 1978 Maico 440

9/19/2019 6:29 AM

This season, I broke my tibia, my femur ant torn my ACL and MCL. I used Mobius knee braces and now, I do not know what knee braces I should buy.

The Mobius are wide in my pants too (Fly, Thor & Fox) and I seek an opinion on the POD and Asterisk.

What do you think ?

|

9/19/2019 6:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/19/2019 6:33 AM

Never broke an EVS! Web pro for the win. There’s been many instances where I feel they have saved my knees.

|

9/19/2019 6:33 AM

Lastander wrote:

So, i tend to break my knee braces a few times a year it seems, and i have now had enough of Pod, Leatt and Alpinestars.
Has ...more

Man you are just brutal. Fry CRF clutches in a few hours and now you break 2 sets of knee braces a year? Damn

|

9/19/2019 7:00 AM

Lastander wrote:

Has ...more

Markee wrote:

Man you are just brutal. Fry CRF clutches in a few hours and now you break 2 sets of knee braces a year? Damn

Yes, i suck.
Though these Mobius have been great, used them for 17/18/19 season now and not a single issue

|

9/19/2019 7:33 AM

I have used Mobius for the last three years. Before that I had CT I's that were custom fit to my knees. I really enjoy the Mobius for most of the same reasons listed above. My units were some the first sets with stainless cables and once they broke I reached out to the company. They had me ship my units to them at which time they did all the mods and upgrades and I got them back all in the same week. Every time I've needed service they stepped up with outstanding service. I live in Florida and don't use any knee socks under them and have zero issues with rubbing. My only mild complaint is they are a tick wide and that does take some getting use to. I really do enjoy the overall protection I get from these braces.

|

9/19/2019 8:21 AM

Lastander wrote:

Has ...more

Markee wrote:

Lastander wrote:

Yes, i suck.
Though these Mobius have been great, used them for 17/18/19 season now and not a single issue

So you're thinking about buying Mobius braces and want opinions, but have been using them for 3 seasons? I'm confused.

|

9/19/2019 8:33 AM

Markee wrote:

Lastander wrote:

Yes, i suck.

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

So you're thinking about buying Mobius braces and want opinions, but have been using them for 3 seasons? I'm confused.

It feels like 3 years, but its only 2 seasons i guess now

|

9/19/2019 9:09 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Had a really bad crash while wearing them in 2016 and escaped with only a torn ACL and ...more

Great review...I'm also impressed you moto post knee replacement. Always interested to read about people that still do "extreme sports" with knee Replacements since pretty much every doctor recommends nothing more than Golf and ballroom dancing LOL. I'm looking at a replacement somewhere in the next 5 years most likely, fighting through the pain now because I want to keep Moto'ing and mtb'ing.

|

9/19/2019 12:04 PM

I have a pretty wide/ deep knee and mobius doesn't have a brace wide enough to fit me, even the xxl just doesn't fit around my knee, sits on top like a knee guard. Something to consider when trying them on. The only off the shelf brace I found that fit me were pods. I really like the idea and amount of protection of the mobius though.

|