Mitchell Harrison?

peltier626
5/11/2019 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2019 11:26am
27th in qualifying. Wow.
|
5/11/2019 10:26pm
To be fair not only is that track tough to pass on, lap times are very close between all the riders which combined means that there's not a lot of position changes after the first lap in comparison to most other tracks. So it's all about the start.

The lap chart tells the story and Harrison started in 34th but still managed to pass 7 guys. His best lap time was only 4 seconds off the winner's, which ain't bad.

Bidirella
5/11/2019 10:54pm
Hopefully they do some good track prep overnight and water it for more and softer lines. Yesterday it was all about the start.

His start killed him, with a better start he will be there.
St Ann More
5/12/2019 12:25am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2019 12:26am
Bidirella wrote:
Hopefully they do some good track prep overnight and water it for more and softer lines. Yesterday it was all about the start. His start killed...
Hopefully they do some good track prep overnight and water it for more and softer lines. Yesterday it was all about the start.

His start killed him, with a better start he will be there.
His start didn't help, but his speed isn't great so far this weekend:

30th in free practice.
29th in timed practice.
27th qualifying race.

He moved forward into 27th place in the qualifying race, largely because of riders ahead of him DNF'd.
ayearinmx
5/12/2019 1:17am
well the track definitely has some water on it now... Laughing

The Shop

struth
5/12/2019 2:53am
Got TKO n Evans
ricky racer
5/12/2019 5:02am
Most here in the US don't realize the level of competition overseas. Last years MXoN should have opened some eyes. The Euro's are motocrossers while the US riders are Supercross riders trying to race motocross.
Ranman68
5/12/2019 12:17pm
No. He's just not performing well. Whether it's him trying to adapt to the GP tracks or get his set up right, or something else, it's just him not performing. In the 2017 usgp, an ama non title contender waxed all mxgp 250 riders in back to back motos on a track no one had raced on before. The 2017 usgp and 2018 mxon are examples of how it can go either way at any given time when ama and mxgp riders square off. Harrison was not at all a top ama guy and is also clearly struggling to get dialed in to the GPs. Like Covington is now going through since his return from the GPs. Harrison's initial results don't represent the ability of ama riders any more than Covington's results represent the ability of mxgp riders. They're just both struggling in a totally new and different environment.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
179th
5/12/2019 12:49pm
Ranman68 wrote:
No. He's just not performing well. Whether it's him trying to adapt to the GP tracks or get his set up right, or something else, it's...
No. He's just not performing well. Whether it's him trying to adapt to the GP tracks or get his set up right, or something else, it's just him not performing. In the 2017 usgp, an ama non title contender waxed all mxgp 250 riders in back to back motos on a track no one had raced on before. The 2017 usgp and 2018 mxon are examples of how it can go either way at any given time when ama and mxgp riders square off. Harrison was not at all a top ama guy and is also clearly struggling to get dialed in to the GPs. Like Covington is now going through since his return from the GPs. Harrison's initial results don't represent the ability of ama riders any more than Covington's results represent the ability of mxgp riders. They're just both struggling in a totally new and different environment.
True. Only the very best can go to the other series and do great right away. Not even RV managed to do that.

Roczen dominated MX2 in 2011, beat Dungey at 2011 MXdN (with 200cc less) and lapped Baggett.
The next year he was a 3-4 place guy and Baggett came from behind to pass him almost every weekend
Park Boys
Fantasy
44th
5/12/2019 12:57pm
Most here in the US don't realize the level of competition overseas. Last years MXoN should have opened some eyes. The Euro's are motocrossers while the...
Most here in the US don't realize the level of competition overseas. Last years MXoN should have opened some eyes. The Euro's are motocrossers while the US riders are Supercross riders trying to race motocross.
So your just going to ignore the USGPs? The Euros have always been better in “other” conditions. Always have been for the most part. The Yanks dominated in the dry of 96 and got smoked in the purposely made mud of 97 and then 98. The point is even over 20 years ago the Euros were better in the Mud and they are today too. Imagine that.
Park Boys
Fantasy
44th
5/12/2019 12:59pm
Ranman68 wrote:
No. He's just not performing well. Whether it's him trying to adapt to the GP tracks or get his set up right, or something else, it's...
crusty_xx wrote:
True. Only the very best can go to the other series and do great right away. Not even RV managed to do that. Roczen dominated MX2...
True. Only the very best can go to the other series and do great right away. Not even RV managed to do that.

Roczen dominated MX2 in 2011, beat Dungey at 2011 MXdN (with 200cc less) and lapped Baggett.
The next year he was a 3-4 place guy and Baggett came from behind to pass him almost every weekend
I was one of the guys thinking Roczen was going to wipe the floor here in 2012. Boy was I wrong, his lack of physical training sure showed in the heat.
motomike894
5/12/2019 1:03pm
He appears to be doing almost as good as Sanyia at least today and he’s been over there for couple years now, I wonder how much they’re getting paid to go over there, with lackluster results?
5/12/2019 1:08pm
He appears to be doing almost as good as Sanyia at least today and he’s been over there for couple years now, I wonder how much...
He appears to be doing almost as good as Sanyia at least today and he’s been over there for couple years now, I wonder how much they’re getting paid to go over there, with lackluster results?
Sanayei has Epstein Barr.
motomike894
5/12/2019 1:11pm
He appears to be doing almost as good as Sanyia at least today and he’s been over there for couple years now, I wonder how much...
Didn’t know that, I’m a fan but still doesn’t seem like he’s ever had any exceptional results over there for the most part but he must be doing pretty well to stay there.
ATKpilot99
5/12/2019 1:36pm
Didn’t know that, I’m a fan but still doesn’t seem like he’s ever had any exceptional results over there for the most part but he must...
Didn’t know that, I’m a fan but still doesn’t seem like he’s ever had any exceptional results over there for the most part but he must be doing pretty well to stay there.
He was looking pretty good last season before getting injured
Ranman68
5/12/2019 1:39pm
Ranman68 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
True. Only the very best can go to the other series and do great right away. Not even RV managed to do that. Roczen dominated MX2...

Indeed. Jason Anderson smoked everybody in an mxon race, but to this day has never even won a moto in ama outdoors. Then Tomac (who can smoke Anderson all day every day outdoors) gets smoked by Glen Coldenhoff in 2018 mxon, yet couldn't ever come close to Tomac in any race prior. Then Barcia gets spanked at 2018 mxon by all the guys he spanked at 2015 mxon.
It's a roll of the dice between ama and GP riders. The type of track and soil they race on makes a giant difference. The faster and more dry a track is, the tougher the ama guys are to beat. The more technical and muddier the track, the tougher the euros are to beat. I still think u.s. riders are decent in sand and have a shot in it. They just seem to do a lousy job of being prepared for mxon events these days. Too many bike issues, set up issues, not knowing how to start on GP starting gate when they should have. Shit like that. I don't know who's fault that is, but it's been ridiculous the last two years.
BobPA
5/12/2019 1:54pm
Ranman68 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:

Ranman68 wrote:
Indeed. Jason Anderson smoked everybody in an mxon race, but to this day has never even won a moto in ama outdoors. Then Tomac (who can...
Indeed. Jason Anderson smoked everybody in an mxon race, but to this day has never even won a moto in ama outdoors. Then Tomac (who can smoke Anderson all day every day outdoors) gets smoked by Glen Coldenhoff in 2018 mxon, yet couldn't ever come close to Tomac in any race prior. Then Barcia gets spanked at 2018 mxon by all the guys he spanked at 2015 mxon.
It's a roll of the dice between ama and GP riders. The type of track and soil they race on makes a giant difference. The faster and more dry a track is, the tougher the ama guys are to beat. The more technical and muddier the track, the tougher the euros are to beat. I still think u.s. riders are decent in sand and have a shot in it. They just seem to do a lousy job of being prepared for mxon events these days. Too many bike issues, set up issues, not knowing how to start on GP starting gate when they should have. Shit like that. I don't know who's fault that is, but it's been ridiculous the last two years.
Anderson won at least two motos in 2017....
agn5009
5/12/2019 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2019 1:59pm
Ranman68 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:

RV was doing just fine. He won 1 out of 3 overalls I believe. If he hadn’t got injured he would have been right in the thick of the championship battle with Febvre. People act like RV went over and hovered around 15th. He was still up front and battling with the worlds best MX riders on their turf.
peltier626
5/12/2019 2:05pm
24th and 26th. Not good. I have to admit it seems more technical watching the guys in the mxgp's than supercross. Those cats can ride differing terrain. Just my humble opinion.
Ranman68
5/12/2019 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2019 3:40pm
crusty_xx wrote:

Ranman68 wrote:
Indeed. Jason Anderson smoked everybody in an mxon race, but to this day has never even won a moto in ama outdoors. Then Tomac (who can...
BobPA wrote:
In outdoors? What rounds? Even if that were true, the mxon win I'm talking about was in 2016 and I know he hadn't won one at that point. Not in the 450 class. Are you sure he won any in 2017?
Park Boys
Fantasy
44th
5/12/2019 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2019 3:45pm
Ranman68 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
In outdoors? What rounds? Even if that were true, the mxon win I'm talking about was in 2016 and I know he hadn't won one at...
In outdoors? What rounds? Even if that were true, the mxon win I'm talking about was in 2016 and I know he hadn't won one at that point. Not in the 450 class. Are you sure he won any in 2017?
He won in 2017. Muddy creek and Red bud I think he won a Moto at each. Your right though that when he won in 2016 he was never within 20 seconds of a win in the Nationals.
Ranman68
5/12/2019 3:51pm
peltier626 wrote:
24th and 26th. Not good. I have to admit it seems more technical watching the guys in the mxgp's than supercross. Those cats can ride differing...
24th and 26th. Not good. I have to admit it seems more technical watching the guys in the mxgp's than supercross. Those cats can ride differing terrain. Just my humble opinion.
Yeah with that rain and the way that track looked, he was definitely out of his element. It looked a lot like Red Bud did. There's no doubt that Euros are better in those conditions. It's gonna take a while for Harrison to get decent results in that stuff. He should do much better and get decent results on hard pack tracks and dry stuff. If not, then he's in for a long, disappointing season.
plowboy
5/12/2019 3:59pm
There are amazing riders on both sides of the pond BUT the GP boys are outdoor specialist. That's all they do. Our boys are crazy good at the high paying SX circus but we are losing ground to the moto dedicated Euro's. Denying this fact just makes you silly. Usain Bolt is fast as f@#k but wouldn't stand a chance in a marathon. We had our day at motocross...but as long as SX is where the payday is...we are done at MX on the world stage.
motomike894
5/12/2019 4:02pm
Gp guys ride in and on everything too, hard pack, deep sand, perfect dirt, etc etc, everyone here’s used to groomed perfect tracks
Natester551v
5/12/2019 4:06pm
Gp guys ride in and on everything too, hard pack, deep sand, perfect dirt, etc etc, everyone here’s used to groomed perfect tracks
This....we've lost our versatility, and the overall skills gap we used to have in the 80s and 90s is gone. Go watch Gajser scrub...or Roczen when he was over there in MX2....
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3646th
5/12/2019 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2019 4:18pm
Darian Sanayei was SO fast here. Bummer he’s not fairing better over there. GPs are very very tough. Those guys are incredibly fast.

Edit:Just did some more digging and it looks like he’s dealing with EBV.
ATKpilot99
5/12/2019 4:17pm
This....we've lost our versatility, and the overall skills gap we used to have in the 80s and 90s is gone. Go watch Gajser scrub...or Roczen when...
This....we've lost our versatility, and the overall skills gap we used to have in the 80s and 90s is gone. Go watch Gajser scrub...or Roczen when he was over there in MX2....
We've won 9 times since the streak was broken in 94 and that includes a mini streak during the RV Dungey era . Even during the initial 13 year win streak there were times we needed luck to pull it out. The perceived skills gap was really never as large as it seems .

Post a reply to: Mitchell Harrison?

The Latest