Mitchell Harrison

dc444
Fantasy
1451st
7/4/2017 10:50am
He looked really good that second Moto. Didn't see a thread on him and was curious if anyone has any news on him for next year?
|
mb60
7/4/2017 11:01am
Great ride for the young man. The team has to be stoked for him.
Gus
7/4/2017 1:39pm
He's turned it on for the outdoors for sure.
jboyd691
7/5/2017 4:57pm
Kids a joe
motosurf
7/5/2017 5:00pm
jboyd691 wrote:
Kids a joe
Care to elaborate fast guy.

The Shop

jboyd691
7/5/2017 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2017 5:12pm
I tried to use sarcasm font but forgot. He Was on it all weekend
de883zx
7/5/2017 5:30pm
Worked at a local dealer in Brighton mi his hometown. Know him since mini d14 days. Kids stuck to it and has earned it. Moved down south to grind down there when he was a teenager. Goes to show you that anything is possible and you want it bad enough you can obtain it. Great family great work ethic. Can't think of anybody more deserving of it. Wish him the best.
mark_swart
7/5/2017 8:23pm
I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about more also. That was a solid ride - under serious pressure from the contenders pretty much the entire moto and never lost his composure. Very well done!
visser62
7/5/2017 9:12pm
He didn't look like a guy that lucked into a start and finish either. He was seriously hauling ass and looking composed doing it.
Jeff alessi
7/5/2017 9:35pm
That kid is on his way up, he was a top amateur that had to switch to an entire different platform and is getting it figured out. Believe what I say it was for the better and he will continue to build till he's a major factor. I'm a big fan of him.
1/7/2019 7:26pm
Old thread, BUT.... His 'team' CERTAINLY LOOKED like the Three Stooges at 2019 A1..... I'd fire them ALL & get a crew that knows what they're doing! How embarrassing!
1/7/2019 11:41pm
Old thread, BUT.... His 'team' CERTAINLY LOOKED like the Three Stooges at 2019 A1..... I'd fire them ALL & get a crew that knows what they're...
Old thread, BUT.... His 'team' CERTAINLY LOOKED like the Three Stooges at 2019 A1..... I'd fire them ALL & get a crew that knows what they're doing! How embarrassing!
what happened?
Cortami79
1/7/2019 11:48pm
Old thread, BUT.... His 'team' CERTAINLY LOOKED like the Three Stooges at 2019 A1..... I'd fire them ALL & get a crew that knows what they're...
cablecable wrote:
what happened?
Clutch problems while leading his heat and a broken bike during LCQ. Poor guy, he was really on it!
JustMX
1/8/2019 5:25am
Yeah, fire everybody and start over with a completely new crew at round two, because mechanical failures are always everybody's fault.

That makes sense.

Just like Eli did after a front brake issues. Just like anderson after his spokes got ripped out.
1/8/2019 7:02am
JustMX wrote:
Yeah, fire everybody and start over with a completely new crew at round two, because mechanical failures are always everybody's fault. That makes sense. Just like...
Yeah, fire everybody and start over with a completely new crew at round two, because mechanical failures are always everybody's fault.

That makes sense.

Just like Eli did after a front brake issues. Just like anderson after his spokes got ripped out.
How do you compare racing battle damage like ansersons spokes breaking to two engines blowing up in supercross? I would be looking for a new engine guy for sure
1/8/2019 7:50am
Watch the races... In race 1, when the clutch reportedly failed, he rode up to his team & their body language looked very suspect to me. Then, race 2(LCQ), his bike immediately started smoking, on the line. The TV guys said the crew had swapped out the engine & possibly left a hose clamp loose..... I certainly would not have swapped out an engine for a failed clutch, if that's even what the problem was, which I doubt. Looked more like a broken transmission to me, since, in race 1, he skidded to a stop, shifted down, then rode away with no apparent difficulty. I believe I'd be more inclined to swap the race suspension onto the backup bike, not the backup engine into the #1 chassis. Anyway, leaving anything loose & leaking on a top ten national competitor's machine is worse than rookie level performance, and, in professional level sports, you rarely get more than one good shot at the big time. Those 'mechanics' who fumbled should not be allowed another chance to fumble his career. IMHO
TSCHAM101
1/8/2019 8:03am
Watch the races... In race 1, when the clutch reportedly failed, he rode up to his team & their body language looked very suspect to me...
Watch the races... In race 1, when the clutch reportedly failed, he rode up to his team & their body language looked very suspect to me. Then, race 2(LCQ), his bike immediately started smoking, on the line. The TV guys said the crew had swapped out the engine & possibly left a hose clamp loose..... I certainly would not have swapped out an engine for a failed clutch, if that's even what the problem was, which I doubt. Looked more like a broken transmission to me, since, in race 1, he skidded to a stop, shifted down, then rode away with no apparent difficulty. I believe I'd be more inclined to swap the race suspension onto the backup bike, not the backup engine into the #1 chassis. Anyway, leaving anything loose & leaking on a top ten national competitor's machine is worse than rookie level performance, and, in professional level sports, you rarely get more than one good shot at the big time. Those 'mechanics' who fumbled should not be allowed another chance to fumble his career. IMHO
I think they can only tech 1 bike.. so they have to swap parts in order to race.. they don't have a choice.. its not like the GP's where I believe you can tech 2 bikes..
Meister
1/8/2019 8:03am
Oh hey careful about sharing your opinion or thoughts on the matter. You may find your post in the dumbgeon with this topic. The know it alls will be around soon enough to critique your post.

Guess I'm not the only one who thought this after all.
Cygrace74
1/8/2019 8:05am
Watch the races... In race 1, when the clutch reportedly failed, he rode up to his team & their body language looked very suspect to me...
There are no back up bikes in ama racing except for triple crowns which is a brand new exception
1/8/2019 9:11am
They also mentioned that they had problems with the clutch during practice. The team must have thought they had it sorted but didn't. That's why everyone looked so upset, and that's why they knew they had to get back to the truck and immediately begin the engine swap.

It sucks that they probably just didn't have the time to cinch everything down properly, and that must have led to them locking up the motor. Bummer for him, but he looks fast this year.

Post a reply to: Mitchell Harrison

The Latest