Mitchell Evans under the radar

While there has been a lot of well earned hype surrounding Hunter Lawrence and his younger brother Jet entering the 2019 season for new up and coming Aussies, Mitch Evans has been getting things done which I think was quite unexpected.
2018 MXoN
10th in MX2 & Open moto 2
12th in MXGP & Open moto 3
2019 MXGP
5th in MX2 moto 1 @ first round
3rd in moto 2 for 3rd overall on count back.
Not bad for a new guy on a new bike that wasn't praised real well last year.
post race interview with MX Geoff
|
struth
3/4/2019 2:16pm
Finsished runner up to dean ferris in aus mx1 ...ferris won a overall n few motos in mxgp mx2 in the past.
N going by how well jed beaton has done in mxgp mx2..i thought he would be top ten regularly .
Jrewing
3/4/2019 4:47pm
His last Mxon race he'd have been higher if he didn't send the leap and bust his wheel. The reason he sent it last lap was he didn't want to leave Red Bud with out hitting it once.
Jrewing
3/4/2019 4:48pm
Plus the second season of his Honda team and Livia has the bugs ironed out in her team.
Can see a race win coming

The Shop

jemcee
3/4/2019 7:13pm
There was one guy on here I remember saying how good he was and how he was gonna turn heads at the des Nations,
I just can't remember his name.. Which is weird cause I agree with almost everything he says..

Ooh that's right it was Jemcee, shit no wonder I couldn't remember it what a stupid name I bet he wishes he could change it, seems like a good guy though.. Even though he's talking about himself in the third person
Aaron_Hart
Fantasy
2441st
3/4/2019 7:40pm
The aussies are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the near future. Lawrence brothers, evans, beaton & ferris. Then you have the ones coming through like grothues(world champ 85) & regan duffy etc.
jeffro503
3/4/2019 10:54pm
Speaking of Jed , did he race this past weekend?

And yeah , I'm stoked for you Aussie's. You guys have some fast son's a bitches coming from your piece of dirt!
tek14
3/4/2019 11:08pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Speaking of Jed , did he race this past weekend? And yeah , I'm stoked for you Aussie's. You guys have some fast son's a bitches...

And yeah , I'm stoked for you Aussie's. You guys have some fast son's a bitches coming from your piece of dirt!
I didnt notice he was missing but:
jedbeaton14
So devastated to say I won’t be lining up at Argentina, a crash yesterday at Lacapelle left me with a few fractures in my vertebrae’s, I will do my best to be back at gp’s as fast as possible!
jemcee
3/4/2019 11:09pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2019 11:10pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Speaking of Jed , did he race this past weekend? And yeah , I'm stoked for you Aussie's. You guys have some fast son's a bitches...

Nah man Beaton got hurt at a pre season race.. Broke some vertebrae.. vertebraes? vertebrae's? verte.... his back is rooted mate haha don't think we know when he'll be back

Edit what that ^^^^ guy said
DeStouwer
3/4/2019 11:12pm
He also raced the MXoN in Maggiora 2016. He got a 35th and 37th on Sunday and that was the only race I remembered him from. Man, he has made some serious improvement!
jemcee
3/4/2019 11:25pm
DeStouwer wrote:
He also raced the MXoN in Maggiora 2016. He got a 35th and 37th on Sunday and that was the only race I remembered him from...
He also raced the MXoN in Maggiora 2016. He got a 35th and 37th on Sunday and that was the only race I remembered him from. Man, he has made some serious improvement!
Yeah he was only a young fella at Maggiora (17ish I think) and he had only raced our development class at that stage and he got a late call (couple weeks from memory) to replace Beaton after he got injured
Cortami79
3/5/2019 12:31am
Jrewing wrote:
His last Mxon race he'd have been higher if he didn't send the leap and bust his wheel. The reason he sent it last lap was...
His last Mxon race he'd have been higher if he didn't send the leap and bust his wheel. The reason he sent it last lap was he didn't want to leave Red Bud with out hitting it once.
Legend GrinningGrinningGrinning
3/5/2019 12:51am
DeStouwer wrote:
He also raced the MXoN in Maggiora 2016. He got a 35th and 37th on Sunday and that was the only race I remembered him from...
jemcee wrote:
Yeah he was only a young fella at Maggiora (17ish I think) and he had only raced our development class at that stage and he got...
Yeah he was only a young fella at Maggiora (17ish I think) and he had only raced our development class at that stage and he got a late call (couple weeks from memory) to replace Beaton after he got injured
Only a weeks notice , had to fly home to get his passport , arrange gear and get to Europe ...
Think teams will be looking down under again for talent .....and there is more there !
JB479
3/5/2019 12:57am
If he continues to get good results, can Hrc give him a full factory bike under the 114 tent? He will be even better on a 450.
3/5/2019 1:19am
JB479 wrote:
If he continues to get good results, can Hrc give him a full factory bike under the 114 tent? He will be even better on a...
If he continues to get good results, can Hrc give him a full factory bike under the 114 tent? He will be even better on a 450.
If he keeps getting results like that and beating Vlaanderen they bloody well should
3/5/2019 1:20am
jemcee wrote:
There was one guy on here I remember saying how good he was and how he was gonna turn heads at the des Nations, I just...
There was one guy on here I remember saying how good he was and how he was gonna turn heads at the des Nations,
I just can't remember his name.. Which is weird cause I agree with almost everything he says..

Ooh that's right it was Jemcee, shit no wonder I couldn't remember it what a stupid name I bet he wishes he could change it, seems like a good guy though.. Even though he's talking about himself in the third person
I hope you told yourself I told you so
jemcee
3/5/2019 1:35am
jemcee wrote:
There was one guy on here I remember saying how good he was and how he was gonna turn heads at the des Nations, I just...

Might start a thread calling myself out
3/5/2019 3:01am
The next one is Wilson Todd. Remember that name. The kid is a motocross machine. Used to train with Jed Beaton all the time. Current Aus MX2 champ going for two in a row.
3/5/2019 3:08am
jemcee wrote:

jemcee wrote:
Might start a thread calling myself out
and make it a poll
3/5/2019 3:17am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2019 3:17am
The next one is Wilson Todd. Remember that name. The kid is a motocross machine. Used to train with Jed Beaton all the time. Current Aus...
The next one is Wilson Todd. Remember that name. The kid is a motocross machine. Used to train with Jed Beaton all the time. Current Aus MX2 champ going for two in a row.
Yes , but the bus may have left ....he got the tryout out for factory KTM ( that Tom Vialle got )....word was after that they went with Tom ...because Wilson didn’t seem to “ Want it “ that bad ....shame how doors open and close ...
Motofinne
3/5/2019 3:23am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2019 3:26am
Btw, what the hell has happened to Josiah Natzke? The guy was killing EMX125 together with Prado in 2015 and just fell off a cliff after that?

Edit: I just went back and looked at the EMX250 standings from 2018. He raced twice, he went 0-0 and 17th overall in the last race of the season. I assume lots of injuries is the explanation of his struggles?
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
3/6/2019 6:07pm
I’m loving it so much this is Aussie finally Have a good pack of young bloods coming through!

We haven’t seen a pack like this since Reed, Metcalf, Sharky, Craig Anderson, Byrner and Dan Reardon all came through.

Can’t wait!
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
3/6/2019 7:03pm
Aaron_Hart wrote:
The aussies are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the near future. Lawrence brothers, evans, beaton & ferris. Then you have the...
The aussies are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the near future. Lawrence brothers, evans, beaton & ferris. Then you have the ones coming through like grothues(world champ 85) & regan duffy etc.
cant forget Bailey Malkiewicz, that kid shreds, another aussie to keep an eye out coming up is Brad West, he has stepped up to 250s and has a strong program behind him
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
3/6/2019 7:42pm
Just watched the gp and I am on the Mitch Evan's train. He was ripping and not intimidated. Good ride.
Bidirella
3/6/2019 10:02pm
Motofinne wrote:
Btw, what the hell has happened to Josiah Natzke? The guy was killing EMX125 together with Prado in 2015 and just fell off a cliff after...
Btw, what the hell has happened to Josiah Natzke? The guy was killing EMX125 together with Prado in 2015 and just fell off a cliff after that?

Edit: I just went back and looked at the EMX250 standings from 2018. He raced twice, he went 0-0 and 17th overall in the last race of the season. I assume lots of injuries is the explanation of his struggles?
Could not really get it togheter i guess.. is having a ride with the German KPM Honda team for the German series and the EMX250 this year.

If you look back to that year, its crazy How far Prado has come. Renaux won the world title that year on the 125, where he is now? Riding GPs but nowhere compare to Prado or the front guys. Then you have Mewse, he was right there also. He got some great rides here and there but cant really get it togheter all the time. And Natzke looked like was going to win the EMX125 that year against Prado, and he is by far the rider thats most behind of this group.
DeStouwer
3/6/2019 11:40pm
The same with Brian Hsu. Two worldtitles in the youthclasses, but since then injury after injury after injury... His team BUD Kawasaki contacted a replacement rider: Venezolan Lorenzo Locurcio will make his GP-debut in the UK.
3/6/2019 11:45pm
Aaron_Hart wrote:
The aussies are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the near future. Lawrence brothers, evans, beaton & ferris. Then you have the...
wicksy85 wrote:
cant forget Bailey Malkiewicz, that kid shreds, another aussie to keep an eye out coming up is Brad West, he has stepped up to 250s and...
cant forget Bailey Malkiewicz, that kid shreds, another aussie to keep an eye out coming up is Brad West, he has stepped up to 250s and has a strong program behind him
And the young fellow from WA on Honda Kyle ?
Cortami79
3/6/2019 11:53pm
Motofinne wrote:
Btw, what the hell has happened to Josiah Natzke? The guy was killing EMX125 together with Prado in 2015 and just fell off a cliff after...

Bidirella wrote:
Could not really get it togheter i guess.. is having a ride with the German KPM Honda team for the German series and the EMX250 this...
Could not really get it togheter i guess.. is having a ride with the German KPM Honda team for the German series and the EMX250 this year.

If you look back to that year, its crazy How far Prado has come. Renaux won the world title that year on the 125, where he is now? Riding GPs but nowhere compare to Prado or the front guys. Then you have Mewse, he was right there also. He got some great rides here and there but cant really get it togheter all the time. And Natzke looked like was going to win the EMX125 that year against Prado, and he is by far the rider thats most behind of this group.
Yeah it was weird for Natzke, but he had a good spot at Buildbase Honda I believe, but he had that horrible crash in emx250 race 1 in Spain last year. That gave him a mental setback. The crash was huge so I can't blame him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNtf_dMY8G4&t=18s
(if anyone can explain me how to embed these video's would be nice)

Hsu's amount of injuries is just ridiculous, such a great rider but he is made of glass unfortunately.

Excited to see Evans riding in Valkenswaard in a few weeks
Jrewing
3/7/2019 2:31am
Aaron_Hart wrote:
wicksy85 wrote:
cant forget Bailey Malkiewicz, that kid shreds, another aussie to keep an eye out coming up is Brad West, he has stepped up to 250s and...
And the young fellow from WA on Honda Kyle ?
Webster?

Post a reply to: Mitchell Evans under the radar

The Latest