Mitch desperate...

hammertime
Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 7:43pm
The pioneer of tiddlers/250f's is groveling...it's been lean...now this? The sure things are a thing of the past for him. Wierd!
|
Jimfunn
8/8/2014 12:21am
hammertime wrote:
The pioneer of tiddlers/250f's is groveling...it's been lean...now this? The sure things are a thing of the past for him. Wierd!
have I missed something? This doesn't make any sense to me...
ChrisB10
8/8/2014 1:27am
Injuries aside, PC had the top 3 guys in the East lites. AC comes back for Supy.....they'll be fine.....1 bad season doesn' mean Mitch is done lol...

The Shop

Sully22
8/8/2014 1:54am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 1:56am
Is this regarding, or have anything to do with, the Aldridge signing? Monster PC has AC....enough said. The guy will dominate the tiddler class over the next few years.
hillbilly
8/8/2014 2:59am
Sully22 wrote:
Is this regarding, or have anything to do with, the Aldridge signing? Monster PC has AC....enough said. The guy will dominate the tiddler class over the...
Is this regarding, or have anything to do with, the Aldridge signing? Monster PC has AC....enough said. The guy will dominate the tiddler class over the next few years.
Not if the engines keep failing.
IWreckALot
8/8/2014 5:27am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 5:28am
ChrisB10 wrote:
Injuries aside, PC had the top 3 guys in the East lites. AC comes back for Supy.....they'll be fine.....1 bad season doesn' mean Mitch is done...
Injuries aside, PC had the top 3 guys in the East lites. AC comes back for Supy.....they'll be fine.....1 bad season doesn' mean Mitch is done lol...
He's had some pretty bad seasons as of late. Guys getting injured and bikes dying.

Not saying he's desperate though because his bikes continue to have great showings. But he's had some bad luck lately as far as championships are concerned.
dennisjonon
8/8/2014 5:30am
Sully22 wrote:
Is this regarding, or have anything to do with, the Aldridge signing? Monster PC has AC....enough said. The guy will dominate the tiddler class over the...
as far as I'm conceded cooper webb and martin are just waiting for AC's return...i for one, don't think ac will have it as easy as some people think outdoors.

indoors, maybe. outdoors, ehhhhh i dunno!

just me .02 and I'm a kawy and ac fan!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/8/2014 5:34am
Times are changing.

He couldn't sign Anderson, Webb or Martin when there was an opportunity. Geico signs everyone when they are 12 already.

He gives Davalos a last chance to make it and he kinda does and then signs over to another team at first chance. Wtf? Something is not right for this team.
Cygnus
8/8/2014 6:59am
Karma is a bitch!
slipdog
8/8/2014 7:07am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 7:09am
Bluelion wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/08/08/61805/s1200_s1200_image.jpg[/img]

(Edit: Damn it, I missed the other thread about this...)
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
8/8/2014 8:23am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 8:27am
he's signed tonus for next year hasnt he?
Yup, because there was nobody else to sign. Guys aren't beating at Mitches door to get on that team anymore. He went after Martin and Moosecan both and both laughed at the amount he was offering.

Team Green isnt what it once was so Mitch can't pick and choose the amatuers anymore.
bd
8/8/2014 8:24am
Sully22 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
Not if the engines keep failing.
This is what I noticed
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
8/8/2014 8:30am
Bluelion wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/08/08/61805/s1200_s1200_image.jpg[/img]

Hahahah it's gaining steam!! Evil
Hammer
8/8/2014 8:46am
hammertime wrote:
Another all night drinking binge?

And I do also agree, times are changing. Mitch has enjoyed the benefits having the best bikes and competition with limited budgets for riders salaries. Today there are a number of teams who will spend money to get the best riders, and Mitch is still trying to do incentive based contracts (and when you have lots of mechanical DNF's) are a difficult sell in this day and age....

They will rebound and win more championships.
Sandberm
8/8/2014 9:25am
What have they had? 6 riders the past few years with a tickle 450 ride one year? Go back to 4 riders and there will be more money per rider to go around and maybe he can keep a quality rider or 4 around for next year.

Davalos and Hill are leaving right but staying in the 250 class with other teams. Bagget? Brian Swink was supposed to be the model of why not to do that...not anymore.

8/8/2014 9:30am
UpTiTe wrote:
Yup, because there was nobody else to sign. Guys aren't beating at Mitches door to get on that team anymore. He went after Martin and Moosecan...
Yup, because there was nobody else to sign. Guys aren't beating at Mitches door to get on that team anymore. He went after Martin and Moosecan both and both laughed at the amount he was offering.

Team Green isnt what it once was so Mitch can't pick and choose the amatuers anymore.
i think for years pro circuit kawasaki have had by far the best bike. in the 125/ 250f class riders that knew they would do well on a decent bike would go there for a small wage with decent performance based bonuses. The other teams have caught up now with regards to the bike- so if other teams offer more money then why would the top riders go to pro circuit?!

having said that- if tonus can stay injury free then he will be a contender indoors and out. Great rider with one of the best riding styles out there! super smooth- looking forward to seeing him race in america
Darryl916
8/8/2014 9:36am
UpTiTe wrote:
Yup, because there was nobody else to sign. Guys aren't beating at Mitches door to get on that team anymore. He went after Martin and Moosecan...

i think for years pro circuit kawasaki have had by far the best bike. in the 125/ 250f class riders that knew they would do well...
i think for years pro circuit kawasaki have had by far the best bike. in the 125/ 250f class riders that knew they would do well on a decent bike would go there for a small wage with decent performance based bonuses. The other teams have caught up now with regards to the bike- so if other teams offer more money then why would the top riders go to pro circuit?!

having said that- if tonus can stay injury free then he will be a contender indoors and out. Great rider with one of the best riding styles out there! super smooth- looking forward to seeing him race in america
" i think for years pro circuit kawasaki have had by far the best bike. in the 125/ 250f class riders that knew they would do well on a decent bike would go there for a small wage with decent performance based bonuses. The other teams have caught up now with regards to the bike- so if other teams offer more money then why would the top riders go to pro circuit?! "

Was going to be my post exactly. He could pay the guys nothing but bonuses and they'd still come for the bikes/team in the past. Times are changing as there are many more options now. Some better even.
Sully22
8/8/2014 10:18am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 10:24am
Does anyone have an info about how PC pays riders or what the incentive program looks like in comparison to other 250 teams? For example....is he paying riders like 30k a year salary and then 50k a win and 300k for a championship? Whereas maybe another team is paying 100k salary and like 20-25k for a win? Do some of the riders on the PC make more base salary than others or is it a standard deal, I'm sure they do...such as Baggett or Wilson making more base than say Durham, and does kawi help with any salaries? I thought I read awhile back that Mitch was not so pleased when the Honda / Yamaha of Troy team came on the scene back in the day because he paid his guys really really well and a lot of the talent was going over there to make money and Mitch had to up his salary to get guys to ride for him....that's what I remembering hearing back in the day when I was plugged in to some inside info, and that same topic came up not too long ago in an interview around the time when the Troy owner passed. It's also no secret Mitch doesn't pay that well...I had a buddy that was wrenching for them in the late 90's early 00's and he paid his mechanics next to nothing and guys were / maybe still are working 15-18 hour days 6 days a week.

I know I'll get flamed for the post and the usual BS about people being pissed about discussing salary, but oh well, I'm curious to know general info, not specifics about any one particular rider....and I'm more curious to know if PC's bonus program is really that good when considering the reputation the PC bikes have had being so much better over the years, compared to what other teams offer.
JA946
8/8/2014 10:27am
Sully22 wrote:
Does anyone have an info about how PC pays riders or what the incentive program looks like in comparison to other 250 teams? For example....is he...
Does anyone have an info about how PC pays riders or what the incentive program looks like in comparison to other 250 teams? For example....is he paying riders like 30k a year salary and then 50k a win and 300k for a championship? Whereas maybe another team is paying 100k salary and like 20-25k for a win? Do some of the riders on the PC make more base salary than others or is it a standard deal, I'm sure they do...such as Baggett or Wilson making more base than say Durham, and does kawi help with any salaries? I thought I read awhile back that Mitch was not so pleased when the Honda / Yamaha of Troy team came on the scene back in the day because he paid his guys really really well and a lot of the talent was going over there to make money and Mitch had to up his salary to get guys to ride for him....that's what I remembering hearing back in the day when I was plugged in to some inside info, and that same topic came up not too long ago in an interview around the time when the Troy owner passed. It's also no secret Mitch doesn't pay that well...I had a buddy that was wrenching for them in the late 90's early 00's and he paid his mechanics next to nothing and guys were / maybe still are working 15-18 hour days 6 days a week.

I know I'll get flamed for the post and the usual BS about people being pissed about discussing salary, but oh well, I'm curious to know general info, not specifics about any one particular rider....and I'm more curious to know if PC's bonus program is really that good when considering the reputation the PC bikes have had being so much better over the years, compared to what other teams offer.
Sully, listen to the pulpmx show with Mitch, he explains it all.
Sully22
8/8/2014 10:32am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 10:34am
Sully22 wrote:
Does anyone have an info about how PC pays riders or what the incentive program looks like in comparison to other 250 teams? For example....is he...

JA946 wrote:
Sully, listen to the pulpmx show with Mitch, he explains it all.
Cool, thanks! Guess I missed that one....

Any idea which one....there are quite a few out there.
Adam43
8/8/2014 10:49am
Don't look now but it's been 3 years since PC has won a West Coast title and 4 years since they won East. Their previous longest drought on either coast was two seasons.
steed 2.0
8/8/2014 11:42am
Sully22 wrote:

Well if those numbers are true it makes perfect sense why Herlings stays in the GP's, rumors are $ 1.4 million bonus

Sully22
8/8/2014 5:07pm
Sully22 wrote:

steed 2.0 wrote:
Well if those numbers are true it makes perfect sense why Herlings stays in the GP's, rumors are $ 1.4 million bonus

those aren't true numbers...i was throwing out number on the yearly salary and win bonus stuff, wrapping up the title / championship on the other hand i think is true at 300k
TeamGreen
8/8/2014 5:20pm
I'm still laughing at "Mitch desperate".

I just saw them building/testing the "188" bike on Wednesday: no desperation.

Btw, how many engine failures have they actually had?

Sully22
8/8/2014 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 5:30pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm still laughing at "Mitch desperate". I just saw them building/testing the "188" bike on Wednesday: no desperation. Btw, how many engine failures have they actually...

see, that's what i don't get either....how many true engine failures has there been. Davalos was a chain, Wilson had what we were being told was an electrical issue but even that couldn't be duplicated on the dyno, and some of thr other stuff was not engine related. But everyone is freaking out saying the bikes are crap, no one want to go there and ride them, and talking all sorts of garbage and nonsense...truth be told 99.9% of the guys out there would give their left nut to ride for mitch
Sandberm
8/8/2014 5:49pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm still laughing at "Mitch desperate". I just saw them building/testing the "188" bike on Wednesday: no desperation. Btw, how many engine failures have they actually...

Sully22 wrote:
see, that's what i don't get either....how many [b]true [/b]engine failures has there been. Davalos was a chain, Wilson had what we were being told was...
see, that's what i don't get either....how many true engine failures has there been. Davalos was a chain, Wilson had what we were being told was an electrical issue but even that couldn't be duplicated on the dyno, and some of thr other stuff was not engine related. But everyone is freaking out saying the bikes are crap, no one want to go there and ride them, and talking all sorts of garbage and nonsense...truth be told 99.9% of the guys out there would give their left nut to ride for mitch
Hasnt Bagget had two mechanicals this year in the nationals efectivly putting him out of the championship hunt?

Dean had the one in sx where he crashed, then the other one at GH where he cut the back of his leg.

Costly and too numerous imo.

Post a reply to: Mitch desperate...

The Latest