Mitch - Vital Podcast

motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
Edited Date/Time 7/3/2018 9:42pm
You're a bloody legend !
-Full interview with GuyB here: https://www.vitalmx.com/features/Mitch-Payton-The-Inside-Line-Podcast-P…

A heartfelt thanks for relentlessly progressing the sport.

|
6/28/2018 5:21am
Drinks must of been kicking in towards the end, that's when he seemed to stop giving a fuck about sugar coating anything.. love it
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/28/2018 5:25am
Not sure that I’d credit the frosties. There are some people who will give you their opinion regardless. Mitch is one of them. Roger is another.

The Shop

500guy
6/28/2018 9:22am
Really good listen, good job Guy-b only thing, I think you don't need to apologize for plugging the sponsors maybe lay it out like you did to start with and go for it.

Only thing I have against shorter seasons is all the pop up extra races that sprout from it.

I totally agree with slowing down the tracks a few switch backs would work and those wall jumps along with the sand sections always make the racing better and in my mind safer.
ocscottie
6/28/2018 11:14am
BigMunster wrote:
Great bloke,.. just hate the short title thread.. "Mitch"
Fixed.

That was well done i could listen to him all day long, such a legend.
Slaughter612s
Fantasy
215th
6/28/2018 11:24am
Great interview. I personally found it interesting to hear at minute 47 about the neck brace question. Being in an accident himself I would have thought he was more in favor, but that wasn't the response.
Thanks for the new podcast. Cheers.
6/28/2018 11:28am
GuyB wrote:
Not sure that I’d credit the frosties. There are some people who will give you their opinion regardless. Mitch is one of them. Roger is another.
Yea, my comment was mostly tongue and cheek but you're right; though I'm not sure most fans are aware how matter-of-fact Mitch can be

His comments about a Supercross des Nations had me cracking up! So relaxed about it haha... Send it!! "..and most of them will leave on a stretcher" tell us how you really feel Mitch! Laughing Classic stuff!!!

Interesting hearing your verbal tone for a change, Steve, instead of just text. You've kinda got a soft spoken NPR tone going on haha (not a bad thing!)... I'm sure you'll sound more conversational and improve with every new pod, but for Numero Uno I'd say you knocked it out of the park!!

PS: Every two weeks?? Yeaaa gunna need to crank em out faster, please Smile
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/28/2018 11:34am
That was a great interview, one of the best.

I’ll try n make this short. Years ago we sent off suspension to PC for our sons bike. Needed it and promised it back for a series coming up. It didn’t make it in time. So I wrote a pretty civil letter to
Mitch explaining my disappointment over a promise not kept....in other words get your shit together in that department. Few day later Mr Bones Bacon calls me up and offers major discounts on anything we needed and apologized for the little inconvenience. Anyway i just thought how wonderful it was to know a man in his position took the time to make things right.
RedDirtDog
6/28/2018 11:44am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2018 11:46am
yeah that was good, gotta love Mitch, reminded me of his dave despain tv interview
PJRAUS
6/28/2018 11:56am
It wss a good listen. He seemed to tread a little carefully around the 2 stroke 4 stroke question, i found that particularly interesting
VicDaMoan03
6/28/2018 12:16pm
I agree with Mitch - let cut 3-4 SX races and 1-2 MX races. It might just make the sport safer and extend so of the star's careers.
Kenny Lingus
6/28/2018 3:06pm
I had to do a double take when I heard Watkins Glen mentioned since it is basically in my backyard. Those blue guardrails are the reason why no superbikes will ever race there. FYI the bus stop was put in mainly for NASCAR. Used to be a MX track that bordered the car track that was run by a guy that was a bit crazy. Used to hear rumors that the car track was trying to get a MX National.
kijen
6/28/2018 3:42pm
Cool, you just set pretty high standard!
Mit12
6/28/2018 9:49pm
As long as we have SX as the main series the U.S. will not dominate the MXoN again. We are always competative and will win now and then but as Mitch said everything is so specialized now days. The Euros race MX only and they perfect their MX settings year round. When you watch them ride a MX track it shows just how good they have their settings diled in, our riders never seem to get their bikes looking as smooth at the Euros but put any top Euro on a SX track and you will see the same thing.
TJMX947
6/29/2018 6:31am
Mit12 wrote:
As long as we have SX as the main series the U.S. will not dominate the MXoN again. We are always competative and will win now...
As long as we have SX as the main series the U.S. will not dominate the MXoN again. We are always competative and will win now and then but as Mitch said everything is so specialized now days. The Euros race MX only and they perfect their MX settings year round. When you watch them ride a MX track it shows just how good they have their settings diled in, our riders never seem to get their bikes looking as smooth at the Euros but put any top Euro on a SX track and you will see the same thing.
I disagree, we may not win every moto but its not America vs all of Europe, its America vs Britan, Spain, France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and whoever else fields a team. Their talent is severely divided. If we send our A squad I don't really see us losing more than we win regardless of their specialized perfected set ups. JH and AC are badass and superior to everyone racing in the states other than Tomac, and KRoc (when he's healthy) but they can't win it by themselves.

I think our biggest problem outside of lack of interest from the top guy is I feel like just about all of our 250 options aren't consistent so it puts a lot of pressure.
danman
6/29/2018 7:48am
I agree with Mitch - let cut 3-4 SX races and 1-2 MX races. It might just make the sport safer and extend so of the...
I agree with Mitch - let cut 3-4 SX races and 1-2 MX races. It might just make the sport safer and extend so of the star's careers.
I may have heard it wrong, but I thought he said to cut 3-4 Nationals and 1-2 SX's.
If what I heard was right, I'm against that. I'd rather watch Nationals all day over SX.
TJMX947
6/29/2018 11:54am
danman wrote:
I may have heard it wrong, but I thought he said to cut 3-4 Nationals and 1-2 SX's. If what I heard was right, I'm against...
I may have heard it wrong, but I thought he said to cut 3-4 Nationals and 1-2 SX's.
If what I heard was right, I'm against that. I'd rather watch Nationals all day over SX.
You're correct, he said that he thinks you can get away with as few as eight high quality outdoor nationals. Then for SX cut out the rounds that don't make money. Basically give the riders two months back.

Drtbykr
6/29/2018 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2018 2:35pm
Nice to hear someone that involved in MX be open and articulate.
Guy has mad credentials.
125 in the desert, and being near the front....he must have been good.
Never ridden in the desert (seen it), seems like a knife to a gunfire.

But I hope KTM beats them.
daemon616
6/29/2018 6:46pm
So rather than reply to the thread about the new podcast of this episode you make a new thread. Man it's hard to keep up with all these threads with that attention whoring behavior.
aeffertz
6/29/2018 6:48pm
Is this the first podcast? Good listen!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/29/2018 7:26pm
aeffertz wrote:
Is this the first podcast? Good listen!
Yep.
TeamGreen
6/29/2018 7:53pm
I actually listened to all of it...& went back and listened to the old desert rat part again.

Good times
Great history
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/29/2018 8:02pm
I think ML and I are going to trade back and forth for a bit. Not sure who he has lined up next. I recorded one tonight, and I don't think a little suspense is a bad thing. Wink
TallonT911
6/29/2018 8:55pm
danman wrote:
I may have heard it wrong, but I thought he said to cut 3-4 Nationals and 1-2 SX's. If what I heard was right, I'm against...
TJMX947 wrote:
You're correct, he said that he thinks you can get away with as few as eight high quality outdoor nationals. Then for SX cut out the...
You're correct, he said that he thinks you can get away with as few as eight high quality outdoor nationals. Then for SX cut out the rounds that don't make money. Basically give the riders two months back.

He also said that the riders are all being paid their bonuses by the manufacture, and taking away a few races would open up a lot of money and that could help the privateers.

Post a reply to: Mitch - Vital Podcast

The Latest