Mission Motorsports Closing?

RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
3/6/2020 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 12:41pm
MOTO1313 wrote:
California is god dam near bankrupt.
No it isn't. What makes you think it is? California expects to have about a $7B surplus in tax revenues in 2020, plus it has $18B in its "rainy day" fund due to previous surpluses.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-11-20/californias-state-b…
Sparkey
3/6/2020 12:50pm
MOTO1313 wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
No it isn't. What makes you think it is? California expects to have about a $7B surplus in tax revenues in 2020, plus it has $18B...
No it isn't. What makes you think it is? California expects to have about a $7B surplus in tax revenues in 2020, plus it has $18B in its "rainy day" fund due to previous surpluses.

Your boy Gavin will make sure it's never BK

Newson's plan for a great California Smile
bvm111
3/6/2020 5:53pm
Surplus means over taxed

The Shop

RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
3/6/2020 6:06pm
bvm111 wrote:
Surplus means over taxed
Perhaps. But it doesn't mean bankrupt.
endurox
3/6/2020 7:20pm
MOTO1313 wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
No it isn't. What makes you think it is? California expects to have about a $7B surplus in tax revenues in 2020, plus it has $18B...

If CA. has a surplus, why are their roads full of potholes?
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
3/6/2020 7:53pm
well, take a good look at the california bashing in this and many other threads. maybe you'll understand where the hostility comes from. i honestly never see anyone from california bagging on anyone from other states, unless provoked, yet california seems to be a target.. "i'm so glad i don't live in california" , "that place must suck to live in". it's pretty common to read that. but honestly, i love it here and i wouldn't live anywhere else... and just so you know, anyone that says "cali" is an immediate idiot no matter where you're from... .. so now excuse me, i have to get in the jacuzzi before it gets colder than 70 degrees tonight......
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
3/7/2020 12:19am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2020 1:32am
Don't worry, no one here will ever miss you. And you don't know anything about me, not sure where the yoga pants and spray tan comments come from Laughing
You obviously have some distorted idea about people here.

Thank you for proving my point, you couldn't have done it any better.
BAMX
3/7/2020 6:26am
MOTO1313 wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:

We have that surplus because of accounting. If you live here, you know that we could spend 10x that in a flash on infrastructure. Some of our main roads are nearing Mexico status. It's like not paying your bills for 3 months and claiming that you have an awesome savings.
3/7/2020 6:38am
Like my old cycle news sticker says” We don’t care how the hell they do it in California.” Land of fake t!ts and real @ssholes.
MOTO1313
3/7/2020 6:43am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2020 6:48am
MOTO1313 wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:

Lol...California has this WRONG on purpose. There are unfunded pension liabilities to the tune of over $1,000,000,000,000 (that's ONE TRILLION. One fifth of the entire nation is in California alone) that aren't even being considered. This is the tip of the iceberg. Anyone who thinks cali has a surplus because of bullshit accounting is fucking delusional. Their debt to GDP is over 125%. Probably closer to 150%. There are euro countries that have better debt to GDP and their in serious trouble. Cali has SERIOUS problems that the states taxpayers are on the hook for.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
3/7/2020 8:12am
I never said anything about "keeping midwesterners out". Go back and read harder, you're confused.

The only thing in your head is what you put there. Don't try to blame me for it Laughing
Brent
3/7/2020 9:02am
SLAPAHO wrote:
I never said anything about "keeping midwesterners out". Go back and read harder, you're confused. The only thing in your head is what you put there...
I never said anything about "keeping midwesterners out". Go back and read harder, you're confused.

The only thing in your head is what you put there. Don't try to blame me for it Laughing
I said “ keep the midwesterners out”

...specifically, the mom’s basement dwellers that spew the unprovoked “ Cali is a crap hole” nonsense.

You snowflakes can talk shit about California in every thread, but I say something about the mid west and you can’t handle it?
SAD!
Brent
3/7/2020 9:05am
“ conger”? Wtf?
BobPA
3/7/2020 9:19am
MOTO1313 wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:

BAMX wrote:
We have that surplus because of accounting. If you live here, you know that we could spend 10x that in a flash on infrastructure. Some of...
We have that surplus because of accounting. If you live here, you know that we could spend 10x that in a flash on infrastructure. Some of our main roads are nearing Mexico status. It's like not paying your bills for 3 months and claiming that you have an awesome savings.
You wanna see some shit roads? Come to PA...This whole state is a disaster.
Lightning78
3/7/2020 1:52pm
The building was so expensive that they've basically been making enough to keep the lights on. All good things must come to an end. Also, there...
The building was so expensive that they've basically been making enough to keep the lights on. All good things must come to an end.

Also, there were rumors of 3 Brothers moving down that way and picking up the Yamaha rights but apparently that fell through
BAMX wrote:
There seems to be some belief that you need to have a mega mall shop. Personally, I could care less able marble floors, giant open ceilings...
There seems to be some belief that you need to have a mega mall shop. Personally, I could care less able marble floors, giant open ceilings and fancy lighting. Give me good pricing and have parts in stock.
Then you're for sure gonna be bummed that Del Amo bought it bec they stand for exactly the opposite of what you're hoping for.

They stock absolutely nothing and I do mean nothing their entire business model is based on new modal sales and parts and accessories sales not to be confused with OEM hard parts sales. Bike prices are nowhere near competitive, always a substantial amount over MSRP and what's worse is that that nobody has seemingly mentioned that they've now purchased practically a monopoly in Socal by buying up all of their competitors. I dont live in socal any more but I'd be slightly concerned about the fact that this is happening bec they now own every 5-plus line dealership in LA & Orange County and I guarantee it's not so they can sell new models at better prices than anyone else.

If you're not happy about the price they've quoted you on a new KX450 for example, where else are you gonna go?
Either all the way down to San Diego or pray the 91 isn't the parking lot its known to be and drive out to the Inland Empire. It's only a matter of time IMO until they've got a full line dealerships in both the San Diego and Greater Inland Empire areas as well.

When you have no competition, you can charge whatever you feel like bec theres nobody within an earshot to lose business to another dealer in sales and their entire business model is based on rolling new models out the door and loading your new customer up on accessories. If you need new parts down the road, good luck bec Del Amo doesnt believe in stocking OEM hard parts at all and if it wasnt for them having to have an actual parts dept as a result of being a dealer, I can assure you they wouldn't sell OEM parts if they didnt have to.

I Don't have an ax to grind here or a personal vendetta Against del Amo motorsports nor do I work in the industry anymore. 15 years ago I was working at Long Beach motorsports when they started coming around and proposing their new direction for the dealership when they bought it and spent a lot of time With my parts manager going over the new direction focused on rolling new models our of the door quickly without selling for rock bottom prices and The parts department specifically OEM hard parts is more of an inconvenience then it's worth having around to run the dealership.

But they must be doing something right in some Avenue because they're buying up all the big Dealerships but whenever I go in there any of the stores there's never many people in buying anything. This changes the what brand of bike should I buy? Typically the responses go with the brand you can get the best price on and has the best dealer support for parts, however with an entity like this owning everything, that answer changes dramatically.

It's too bad mission is going out of business
Motodork
3/7/2020 3:09pm
Then you're for sure gonna be bummed that Del Amo bought it bec they stand for exactly the opposite of what you're hoping for. They stock...
Then you're for sure gonna be bummed that Del Amo bought it bec they stand for exactly the opposite of what you're hoping for.

They stock absolutely nothing and I do mean nothing their entire business model is based on new modal sales and parts and accessories sales not to be confused with OEM hard parts sales. Bike prices are nowhere near competitive, always a substantial amount over MSRP and what's worse is that that nobody has seemingly mentioned that they've now purchased practically a monopoly in Socal by buying up all of their competitors. I dont live in socal any more but I'd be slightly concerned about the fact that this is happening bec they now own every 5-plus line dealership in LA & Orange County and I guarantee it's not so they can sell new models at better prices than anyone else.

If you're not happy about the price they've quoted you on a new KX450 for example, where else are you gonna go?
Either all the way down to San Diego or pray the 91 isn't the parking lot its known to be and drive out to the Inland Empire. It's only a matter of time IMO until they've got a full line dealerships in both the San Diego and Greater Inland Empire areas as well.

When you have no competition, you can charge whatever you feel like bec theres nobody within an earshot to lose business to another dealer in sales and their entire business model is based on rolling new models out the door and loading your new customer up on accessories. If you need new parts down the road, good luck bec Del Amo doesnt believe in stocking OEM hard parts at all and if it wasnt for them having to have an actual parts dept as a result of being a dealer, I can assure you they wouldn't sell OEM parts if they didnt have to.

I Don't have an ax to grind here or a personal vendetta Against del Amo motorsports nor do I work in the industry anymore. 15 years ago I was working at Long Beach motorsports when they started coming around and proposing their new direction for the dealership when they bought it and spent a lot of time With my parts manager going over the new direction focused on rolling new models our of the door quickly without selling for rock bottom prices and The parts department specifically OEM hard parts is more of an inconvenience then it's worth having around to run the dealership.

But they must be doing something right in some Avenue because they're buying up all the big Dealerships but whenever I go in there any of the stores there's never many people in buying anything. This changes the what brand of bike should I buy? Typically the responses go with the brand you can get the best price on and has the best dealer support for parts, however with an entity like this owning everything, that answer changes dramatically.

Here are some actual fact's, 1st Del Amo already owns SouthBay in San Diego so they already have a large dealership in San Diego, 2nd Bert's Mega Mall is larger than Del Amo and beats their price every day and they are located in Los Angeles county.
cmarona463
3/7/2020 3:56pm
I'm a truck driver and I just got back out of California. I bought fuel in Arizona at 2.78 a gallon. Get into California and it's 3.68 a gallon. Its dang near impossible for anyone outside of the state to do business there and make a profit.

Also until yall manage to figure out how to keep people from dooking in the streets, it's hard to argue the fact that it is actually a crap hole.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
3/7/2020 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2020 7:42pm
cmarona463 wrote:
I'm a truck driver and I just got back out of California. I bought fuel in Arizona at 2.78 a gallon. Get into California and it's...
I'm a truck driver and I just got back out of California. I bought fuel in Arizona at 2.78 a gallon. Get into California and it's 3.68 a gallon. Its dang near impossible for anyone outside of the state to do business there and make a profit.

Also until yall manage to figure out how to keep people from dooking in the streets, it's hard to argue the fact that it is actually a crap hole.
i know, right? i'm saving up all of my extra money in hopes of being able to move to Pinson Alabama some day.

But honestly, if i were you I'd stay put, its against the law to fuck your sister here, you'd be a fish out of water... ead hillbilly
cmarona463
3/7/2020 7:51pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
i know, right? i'm saving up all of my extra money in hopes of being able to move to Pinson Alabama some day. But honestly, if...
i know, right? i'm saving up all of my extra money in hopes of being able to move to Pinson Alabama some day.

But honestly, if i were you I'd stay put, its against the law to fuck your sister here, you'd be a fish out of water... ead hillbilly
Lol found someone's trigger
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
3/7/2020 8:06pm
cmarona463 wrote:
I'm a truck driver and I just got back out of California. I bought fuel in Arizona at 2.78 a gallon. Get into California and it's...

This post is so full of wrong.
Kyle978
3/7/2020 8:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2020 8:09pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
i know, right? i'm saving up all of my extra money in hopes of being able to move to Pinson Alabama some day. But honestly, if...

LMAO 😂

He started with “I’m a trucker” which helped me identify immediately that his thoughts were going to be driven by below average IQ.

Sounds like homeless people even get the fuck out of your hometown as soon as possible.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
3/7/2020 8:25pm
SLAPAHO wrote:

Kyle978 wrote:
LMAO 😂 He started with “I’m a trucker” which helped me identify immediately that his thoughts were going to be driven by below average IQ. Sounds...
LMAO 😂

He started with “I’m a trucker” which helped me identify immediately that his thoughts were going to be driven by below average IQ.

Sounds like homeless people even get the fuck out of your hometown as soon as possible.
This post is also so full of wrong. Why even make that post?

It's only 8:30 Bro, drink a glass of water.
Zerofear66
3/7/2020 9:36pm
I thought that douche Newsome had the homeless thing under control 😃
cmarona463
3/8/2020 6:37am
Kyle978 wrote:
LMAO 😂 He started with “I’m a trucker” which helped me identify immediately that his thoughts were going to be driven by below average IQ. Sounds...
LMAO 😂

Lol you can think whatever you want but the point still stands. We don't have people crapping in the streets here. It's funny that you California boys get so defensive when someone brings up legitimate issues and reasons that people are leaving the state in massive numbers.

But hey, I'm gonna enjoy this beautiful smog free air and go walk down the street without having to dodge human waste. You Cali boys enjoy your day
cmarona463
3/8/2020 6:38am
cmarona463 wrote:

avidchimp wrote:
This post is so full of wrong.
There was actually nothing at all wrong about my post.
dcg141
3/8/2020 7:05am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2020 7:08am
I asked insiders about the situation. "They sold the building and all the franchises" The owner is walking away with big money and no hassles. The...
I asked insiders about the situation.

"They sold the building and all the franchises" The owner is walking away with big money and no hassles.
The building was an exit strategy for the owner, I heard she made out huge. Del Amo was wanting the franchises and had the cash on hand.

Why work every day with massive liability when you can sell and retire?
SLAPAHO wrote:
they bought the building in 06 for a bit over 2mil., they just sold it in aug. for over $11mil.....the bike sales bring in hardly anything...
they bought the building in 06 for a bit over 2mil., they just sold it in aug. for over $11mil.....the bike sales bring in hardly anything.. unless you live and breath moto, there's no reason to keep the money pit... peace out and retire... no brainer.
Guess everyone is missing this. Smart exit strategy for the owner. Those don't just happen you plan for them and know when to jump. The fact that the building increased that much and that all the franchises were in demand says a lot about what is happening there. Being Orange Co it does not surprise me.
devotid
Fantasy
367th
3/8/2020 7:32am
You can keep these shitty empty mega stores. Ill drive 24 hours both ways to support a real shop that truly loves Motorcycle racing.

My local KTM dealer is about 5000 Sqr/Ft in a 60 year old building....and has maybe ~3 fresh KTMs and Hondas in stock. The owner is an Ex National Champion and his son (Also a Champion rider) is now taking over the family business. The store does just fine. They stock parts. They race. Teach lessons. They take people riding.... they are the real deal. They are at the races every weekend and you can count on them to offer great service.

Five miles down the road is a Mega Honda dealer and they have been trying to compete for over 20 years now. They just dont get it.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
3/9/2020 12:16am
Then you're for sure gonna be bummed that Del Amo bought it bec they stand for exactly the opposite of what you're hoping for. They stock...

Thanks for shortening because to bec. That'd have been a pretty long post otherwise Laughing

Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
3/9/2020 5:14am
CalRMX wrote:
To all those who bash California I could go ride Glen Helen on the National track, 45 minutes away. I could also go to without much...
To all those who bash California

I could go ride Glen Helen on the National track, 45 minutes away.
I could also go to without much effort
Gorman
Texas Canyon
Arrowhead
El Mirage
Johnson Valley
Ocotillo Wells
California City
Kennedy Meadows
Baja
etc etc

Anywhere else in the states that offers that kind of riding ? Year round?

Yea didn't think so
How could you give that the "thumbs down". I'd say anyone in the world would be jealous of that opportunity.

Post a reply to: Mission Motorsports Closing?

The Latest