Missing the Dunlop MX3S front tire...

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2019 11:36 AM

It is getting very hard to get and prices are already going up here in Germany; it is my favourite front tire. The MX33 front is not as good in my opinion. Anybody else going to miss the MX3S front as well?

Are you going to miss the Dunlop MX3S front?

View Results

|

8/6/2019 12:05 PM

Yup, bring it back. I need it in the dutch sand

|

8/6/2019 12:15 PM

I don't miss the outside lugs ripping off after a few riders.

|

8/6/2019 12:18 PM

How about tire companies not using similar names?! I forget what brand it is, but another has damn near the same name.

Makes me want to buy a Yokahama Super Digger just to be different.

|

8/6/2019 12:58 PM

fourfourone wrote:

Näh, they last one race at least!

|

8/6/2019 1:01 PM

I think I've got a couple on the rack at the back of my workshop here in the UK.. I'll have a look tomorrow. Everybody here is mad on Michelin starcross at the moment!

|

8/6/2019 1:10 PM

77Moto wrote:

How about tire companies not using similar names?! I forget what brand it is, but another has damn near the same name.

Pirelli.

|

8/6/2019 1:17 PM

I miss the Dunlop 756

|

8/6/2019 1:25 PM

fourfourone wrote:

This, they were pathetic in that aspect. Cannot believe everyone raves about how great they were.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/6/2019 1:30 PM

fourfourone wrote:

BobPA wrote:

This, they were pathetic in that aspect. Cannot believe everyone raves about how great they were.

When that happend they were usually worn out anyways.

|

8/6/2019 1:32 PM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

Pirelli.

I've recently switched to the Pirelli and it's a far better tire than the Dunlop

|

8/6/2019 1:35 PM

Before you flame me for saying this, try a Shinko fatty 216 front. You'll thank me

|

8/6/2019 9:12 PM

ktm300hater wrote:

Before you flame me for saying this, try a Shinko fatty 216 front. You'll thank me

I’ve ran these on my KTM EXC 500 and they are a pretty good off-road tire. But there’s no chance of it making its way onto my MX bikes. I really like the Hoosiers, everyone that tries them seems to love it.

|

8/6/2019 9:49 PM

77Moto wrote:

RoflCopter726 wrote:

Pirelli.

slipdog wrote:

I've recently switched to the Pirelli and it's a far better tire than the Dunlop

I really like the Pirelli but I found they wore out faster than Dunlop 3S

|

8/6/2019 11:14 PM

Pirelli for sand surfing and MX33 just better for other tracks than MX3S.

|

8/7/2019 12:15 AM

Do yourself a favor and get a set of Pirelli MX32 Mid Soft tires, you wont miss the Dunlops.

|

8/7/2019 4:16 AM

I’ve been running the MX3S since it came out, but am on my last one. The knobs always tore off too easy so I’m not that sad about it.

|

8/7/2019 7:05 AM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

Pirelli.

slipdog wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I really like the Pirelli but I found they wore out faster than Dunlop 3S

Have you tried the mid/hard or just mid/soft? Everyone seems to recommend the m/s but I went with the m/h as I have always preferred the feel of hard terrain tires. I'm only a couple of hrs in so I can't say how they will wear yet.

|

8/7/2019 7:22 AM

ktm300hater wrote:

I just switched to this tire on my 300xc, I was using the AT81F and the shinko is a lot better. I have it paired with the 525 cheater rear. For softer terrain races I did like the MX3S front though, it paired with the AT81 rear was my race combo for years.

|