Missing our Uncle Hollywood!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2021 4:19 PM

Blair does a great job and Hubbard is plenty tolerable, but I miss having our crazy Uncle Jim around! Hey PeacockTV, bring Jim back!

Photo

|

Do It In The Dirt!

1/23/2021 4:20 PM

Zeke27G wrote:

Blair does a great job and Hubbard is plenty tolerable, but I miss having our crazy Uncle Jim around! Hey PeacockTV, bring Jim back!

Photo

I second this.

|

1/23/2021 4:27 PM

Bounce Hubbard and bring back Jim!

|

1/23/2021 4:49 PM

Can someone please start a petition to bring Jim back!?!?
Race day live sucks without Hollywood! it’s a fact!

|

1/23/2021 4:54 PM

Zeke27G wrote:

Photo

Definitely bring back JH.
But I disagree that Blair is doing a good job now Jim is gone. Blair completely ignores what is going on on the track. Very disappointed.

|

1/23/2021 5:02 PM

It suck not having him at the races. Hopefully its in the budget to bring him back next year.

|

1/23/2021 5:17 PM

WE WANT JIM!

|

1/23/2021 5:22 PM

Blair is not there for play by play. Though I think he would be very good at it. He's there only to explain the specific little things that are particular to supercross. At that I think he is very good at too. But yeah, I really liked Holley's stuff too.

|

1/23/2021 5:28 PM

RDL sucks without Holley. This was a HUGE mistake to not bring him back.

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

1/23/2021 9:09 PM

Blair was OK when he had Jimbo as his front man. Now that he is the man it is not working.

|

1/23/2021 9:14 PM

Jim is the best. Great guy, great interviewer and was a great racer. Love to see him work with a team in 2022.

|

1/23/2021 9:28 PM

Said that today as well. I like what Dan brings though. I think with Jim, he would ask someone a 5 part question, answer 4 of them himself then cut the person off when they were giving their answer out of excitement and energy. Jim never seemed to have a lack of either, which can be good and bad. .

|

1/23/2021 11:05 PM

First time watching RDL this year today. Man we really need Holley back. Blair seems to be taking it waayyy too seriously. Could just be me but I really like Jim’s little jabs at db and his comparisons to back in the day. Holley made DB better, New guy sucks

|

1/23/2021 11:21 PM

I always thought of RDL as Jim's baby, and Daniel was his sidekick...and now Jim "Hollywood" Holley is gone?...WTF?

|

1/23/2021 11:26 PM

Hubbard? I do a great job at what?

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

1/23/2021 11:27 PM

I just assumed that he didn’t want to deal with the travel schedule anymore esp with COVID shit. Did feld cut him?

|

1/23/2021 11:38 PM

Sawfish wrote:

I just assumed that he didn’t want to deal with the travel schedule anymore esp with COVID shit. Did feld cut him?

From his instagram last weekend:
Photo

|

1/23/2021 11:40 PM

So it was budget cuts. Horrible decision.

Lets get a recall petition going!

|

1/24/2021 8:12 AM

Budget cuts so you bring in someone new?? lol right. The people running the show must really love DB. Dude sucks behind a mic

|

1/24/2021 8:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2021 8:28 AM

I much prefer Gentleman Jim to Hubbard.

|

1/24/2021 8:29 AM

Photo
|

1/24/2021 9:27 AM

Give the people what they want. Just goes to show how out of touch feld/NBC/whomever is.

|

1/24/2021 9:30 AM

str8line wrote: Photo

I see your pic and raise you...

Photo

|

1/24/2021 9:40 AM

Hubbard has been the in stadium announcer for several seasons, he isn’t new.

With the budget cuts now the Race Day Live and Night show duties are shared. There’s only fans in the stands from Q2 on, and they are piping in the audio from Race Day live to the stadium instead of having a separate feed.

Hubbard then goes back to in stadium announcing during the races. And Daniel goes to the NBC broadcast. Jim is left the odd man out.

|

1/24/2021 9:48 AM

Man, this sucks. Blair and Carmichael do such a BAD job. It’s embarrassing really listening to these clowns and ramble and routinely miss and talk over live action on the track.
At least Ricky wears a suit and doesn’t have a wrinkled polo on with tatts showing.

|

1/24/2021 9:53 AM

So they cut Hollywood for budget reasons, but bring in another guy.

Makes sense.

Is the new guy working for peanuts?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/24/2021 9:57 AM

Jim ain’t cheap! He never even spent the race day money!

|

1/24/2021 10:06 AM

KirkChandler wrote:

With the budget cuts now the Race Day Live and Night show duties are shared. There’s only fans in the stands from Q2 on, and they are piping in the audio from Race Day live to the stadium instead of having a separate feed.

Hubbard then goes back to in stadium announcing during the races. And Daniel goes to the NBC broadcast. Jim is left the odd man out.

Thanks for the explanation, I wondered WTF happened.

Yep like others have said it's not the same without Hollywood Holley.....

|

1/24/2021 10:51 PM

I vote for bringing back Big Hollywood as well. He brought a great feel to the Race Day Live that IMO is now missing.

Peacock is saving me a few bucks so Ill kick in a few toward bring back Uncle Jim. I love that he went out and gave cash to privateers.

|

1/25/2021 7:54 AM

KirkChandler wrote:

I remember seeing Hubbard over the last few seasons and didn't much care for him as an announcer....I thought, thankfully, he had a small part of the show. But now there's 3 hours of him... good grief.

|