Minneapolis Track

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2019 8:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2019 8:57 PM

Aside from crashes and Tomac passing people in the back, I only saw one or two straight up passes that I can recall...that was the most one lined track that I’ve ever seen.

They deviated a lot from the track preview in a couple of sections that I think may have helped make things interesting.

|

2/9/2019 9:02 PM

Reminded me of a track from 2010-2015. The kind you had to work to win on. Leading was a curse and bull moves got you the win.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

2/9/2019 9:14 PM

From Lime to Lemon.

|

2/9/2019 9:23 PM

They said fuck it were not gonna water it at all. No water, no lime, no complaining right?

|

2/9/2019 9:24 PM

They gapped savatgy by 20 seconds after they passed him. Terrible track

|

2/9/2019 9:28 PM

long straight rhythms = snoozefest
offcamber turns, tight sections, ect = funtime

|

-'09 KX500AF

- '19 KX450F

2/9/2019 9:53 PM

News flash people. These are the top 22 SX riders in the world. Of course they’re all going to find the fastest line and take it every lap, making it difficult to pass. Because, guess what, to pass, they have to take the second best line. Or just be super aggressive.

|

2/9/2019 10:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2019 6:49 AM

When the whoops get that one lined, why not throw a couple tuff blocks down the middle and turn it into a split lane.

|

www.cheaptearoffs.com

Like us on facebook for weekly sx contests with prizes, discounts, and updates

Cheaptearoffs.com Facebook page

2/9/2019 10:42 PM

Track was a better layout for the kiddos on their KTM's.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

2/9/2019 11:07 PM

they wanted the track a basic layout because it was first round for the east coast

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

2/9/2019 11:10 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

News flash people. These are the top 22 SX riders in the world. Of course they’re all going to find the fastest line and take it every lap, making it difficult to pass. Because, guess what, to pass, they have to take the second best line. Or just be super aggressive.

That 450 gate is far from the best 22 SX riders in the world. GP riders and the top 3 from each 250 series would help make it the worlds best 22.the way it is now it’s not even close

|

2/9/2019 11:11 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

Not always true. A2 has a number of options that guys used at different times for different reasons

|

2/10/2019 2:10 AM

Too much 90 turns always guarantee impossible pass and bad track. They even managed to screw up some 180 like the one after the finish line where the lenghty tuff block on the inside keept riders from the option to cut inside

|

2/10/2019 2:12 AM

Shit load of 90degree turns, small berms on the 180s, long rhythm sections, only one set of whoops. Snoozefest.

Wish they’d make the one triple the finish too so we didn’t have a wasted lane for that obstacle.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/10/2019 2:18 AM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

They gapped savatgy by 20 seconds after they passed him. Terrible track

it was more like Roadblock Savatgy , as soon as he got passed they gapped him seconds ...

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

2/10/2019 2:46 AM

Crush wrote:

Shit load of 90degree turns, small berms on the 180s, long rhythm sections, only one set of whoops. Snoozefest.

Wish they’d make the one triple the finish too so we didn’t have a wasted lane for that obstacle.

thats a cool idea, I would like to see that too. They would need to set up the track so the finish wasnt right out of a turn like it was tonight. It'd be cool if they made the 90s off camber too. It seems like there has to be something to add to the track that hasnt been done in a long time or never done before that would really change things up.

|

2/10/2019 5:47 AM

I kinda wonderd why no one was trying cut down or go wide in the turn before the whoops and skim them on the far left or right. You aren't going to pass someone in the main groove in the whoops. I didn't see it but i think Reed must have done that a few times. Seeing people going through the groove it didn't look fast at all...

|

2/10/2019 5:59 AM

Agreed on too many 90* turns. There isn't enough of a passing opportunity on them. The idea of putting toughblocks down the middle of the whoops is excellent, that would've been cool to see for at least one of the mains.

|

Nick
-2015 Grom grocery getter
-2011 Road King Classic
-2010 WR250X supermoto

2/10/2019 6:05 AM

When you have guys like Savatgy and Brayton holding off the top riders for over half of the race, the track is one lined. You just don't see that in outdoors and why the top riders can easily pass 5-10th place riders in MX.

|

2/10/2019 6:11 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

KennyT wrote:

That 450 gate is far from the best 22 SX riders in the world. GP riders and the top 3 from each 250 series would help make it the worlds best 22.the way it is now it’s not even close

The GP guys are not competitive in supercross, it's a different type of racing to motocross. Not saying they could not be competitive with proper time and training but as it stands right now, those are the best 22 450 supercross riders in the world.

|

2/10/2019 6:31 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

KennyT wrote:

Spot on. SX is too small to have 2 pro classes. It would be awesome to have all the top riders in 1 class for SX.

|

2/10/2019 6:43 AM

It was not a great track. Had to be aggressive and it was a pretty one lined track, anyone who says otherwise is full of crap. Just like everything else in racing, just wait until next week. It was what it was and in this particular race, the start was even more important than usual. Reed went from 12th or 13th to 7th. Justin Cooper worked his way up, Webb was patient, and Eli got a crappy start and could only get to 6th. One line track benefited some, hurt other. On to next week

|

2/10/2019 6:46 AM

I was surprised none of the top runners parked Savatgy. I get that you don't want to lose a spot in the process, but I expected one of them to force a pass after a lap or three.

|

2/10/2019 6:50 AM

Kkawi wrote:

thats a cool idea, I would like to see that too. They would need to set up the track so the finish wasnt right out of a turn like it was tonight. It'd be cool if they made the 90s off camber too. It seems like there has to be something to add to the track that hasnt been done in a long time or never done before that would really change things up.

I’d love to see some off-cambers also but Feld are too cheap to buy enough dirt to make anything cool, they’re just mailing it in over and over.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/10/2019 6:51 AM

A hard to pass on track...a slower guy got the hole shot...holding up the fast guys and it gives the “appearance” of good racing. Lol. Don’t we all want to see a 4 way battle for the lead? (Not that way I don’t).

Savatgy was holding everyone up...he was a rolling road block out there. Everyone was stacking up behind him.

|

2/10/2019 6:51 AM

EnvyMedia wrote:

I was surprised none of the top runners parked Savatgy. I get that you don't want to lose a spot in the process, but I expected one of them to force a pass after a lap or three.

They’ve all got something to lose and it’s never a great idea to make an enemy of someone out of the points but fast enough to be an issue

|

Cheers, Crush

2/10/2019 6:52 AM

Titan1 wrote:

A hard to pass on track...a slower guy got the hole shot...holding up the fast guys and it gives the “appearance” of good racing. Lol. Don’t we all want to see a 4 way battle for the lead? (Not that way I don’t).

Savatgy was holding everyone up...he was a rolling road block out there. Everyone was stacking up behind him.

RC was blowing him too. Was so obvious he was holding it up.

|

Cheers, Crush

2/10/2019 8:56 AM

I liked it better than San Diego.

IMO Part of the strategy of a track that is difficult to pass on is putting the pressure on and being patient like Webb did, until JS made a mistake. To try to force something early or without being sure would be too costly ( ask Baggett) as coming through the pack is difficult.

Jordan Smith did some passing however it cost him and then he had to come back...looking for a win or 2 from him later in the year, he was racing last night.

Good ride from Justin Brayton with a bad thumb.

I expected more from Eli.

|

2/10/2019 10:08 AM

Guys riding one tight line with too many 90 corners. Only racing we did see was LCQ and it was not pretty.

|

2/10/2019 10:56 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

KennyT wrote:

Enabler wrote:

The GP guys are not competitive in supercross, it's a different type of racing to motocross. Not saying they could not be competitive with proper time and training but as it stands right now, those are the best 22 450 supercross riders in the world.

LMAO!
Cantanzaro, Herrlein, Brennon, Harmon, Ray, Lamay are in the top 22 SX riders in the World? If you truly believe that you are very misinformed on how talent should be judged. There are a dozen in the 250 class who would smoke those guys any day of the week. Not to mention another 20 or so from the GP circuit, who despite what you say, some of them know how to ride SX

|