Minimal Changes to Orlando 2 Track Design Due To Weather

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2021 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2021 1:23 PM

RX: "Due to weather, there were minimal changes to the Orlando track from round seven to round eight.

Mike Muye, Director Of Operations for Monster Energy Supercross, explained the situation on Twitter this morning: "Immediately following Orlando 1 Supercross, we did a full maintenance of the track and re-covered it in plastic to preserve what we had. 3 Full days are required to safely change over the track to the original concept for Orlando 2 and unfortunately the weather throughout this week did not cooperate and the base was saturated to the point we did not want to traverse equipment on it. The best course of action to provide the best racetrack for Saturday’s Orlando 2 race was to keep the same track configuration with new obstacles."

Photo

|

2/18/2021 1:24 PM

Smart decision

|

2/18/2021 1:37 PM

I don't know how much rain went down in the last days, but come on...

the base was saturated to the point we did not want to traverse equipment on it

They make milions and "do not want to traverse equipment on it"?

Meh... supercross is going the cheap way this year. Maybe because there are no fans, i hope so, it has always been a quality show but this year...
Classes are stacked luckily

|

2/18/2021 1:38 PM

back a million years ago, they used to hold the Seattle Supercross in the Kingdome on consecutive nights with no track changes, I don't think they even prepped the track after night one?

|

2/18/2021 1:44 PM

Boy oh boy arent we a little picky this year. We all forget just a couple months ago there was a good chance we wouldnt even have SX. JFC get over it

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F

2/18/2021 1:45 PM

Leeham wrote:

Boy oh boy arent we a little picky this year. We all forget just a couple months ago there was a good chance we wouldnt even ...more

This right here. ^^^

|

2/18/2021 1:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2021 1:49 PM

Hm. Push puddy around so it’s a face rutt fest to potentially hurt guys. Or seal it up and pack it in and get another week of close racing.......

I know what I’m picking! What will all the vitards that don’t race pick? Add an alligator pit.

|

GP740
Since 1987

2/18/2021 2:41 PM

NoGasNoFiga793 wrote:

the base was saturated to the point we did not want to ...more

You really think it was due to not getting the equipment dirty, they kept the same design? Jesus.

Track and dirt would have been destroyed beyond repair, if they brought machines out that mix in the fallen water into the dirt.

|

2/18/2021 2:50 PM

NoGasNoFiga793 wrote:

Pretty easy to tell you've never done any farming or dirt work! ...lol

|

2/18/2021 3:27 PM

Much rather see another week of racing on an identical track than watch a mudder. They will still be making changes to obstacles so it'll still be a little different.

Luckily we have an entire new field of 250s to race on the course, it's not like they raced on it already.

|

2/18/2021 3:47 PM

Leeham wrote:

Boy oh boy arent we a little picky this year. We all forget just a couple months ago there was a good chance we wouldnt even ...more

X2

Paw Paw

|

2/18/2021 4:29 PM

NoGasNoFiga793 wrote:

Maybe they should have put lime down?

|

2/18/2021 4:59 PM

I personally love supercross mudders! but I guess that’s just me

|

2/18/2021 5:02 PM

Well look at the bright side: we'll be able to compare lap times with Orlando 07 and finally conclude without a shadow of a doubt who is faster between RC and Stew, and today's riders.

|

2/18/2021 5:29 PM

NoGasNoFiga793 wrote:

Skuzzy29 wrote:

Pretty easy to tell you've never done any farming or dirt work! ...lol

No kidding. The base would’ve been destroyed and it’s damn near impossible to do anything with mud, let alone shape it with the precision needed to form a supercross track. I hate to see it, but looking at that pic it seems like the right call.

|

2/18/2021 5:31 PM

ti473 wrote:

Well look at the bright side: we'll be able to compare lap times with Orlando 07 and finally conclude without a shadow of a ...more

Watch the average lap time be like 2.5 seconds slower this time around silly

|