Fearo
11/25/2017 3:14am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2017 3:15am
Kid between 7-11 years old...

Has an Instagram....
That is named "Cmoney_67"

MotoX85
11/25/2017 3:36am
MotoX85 wrote:
No its at the end of the year. But that isn't the biggest BS part of it. The kid that got 2nd is/was a local B...
No its at the end of the year.

But that isn't the biggest BS part of it. The kid that got 2nd is/was a local B rider for the last 2 years, finishing top 10 in regionals in the B class and then called is buddy that's on the AMA board and got moved to the C class for this year and raced Lorettas and now Mini O's in the C class, even though he is a local to 4 or 5 guy in the B class for the last 2 years. Even finishing top 3 in a series that is run by said person connected to the AMA that got him bumped back to C.

Would love to know the excuse for moving back since he has not been injured and has not stopped racing.
sgrimmxdad wrote:
This makes me boiling mad, really sucks for the kids that are trying come up. I saw a name on the list that ran all 4...
This makes me boiling mad, really sucks for the kids that are trying come up.

I saw a name on the list that ran all 4 C classes this week at miniO's, same kid rode D, B&C, and A at our first local race of the year. He really ran every class from novice to pro.... Promoter caught it and told him to pick a class... Our local series combined B&C class and calls it "intermediate" now trying to avoid this problem. I have been told he went to Lorettas in the C class in the past. He took a C class win from my son last year with a last lap pass, does it piss me off, yep... I told my son to work to use it as fuel, look at the bright side of it and learn from it....
Yea, people here aren't very happy either.

Also just looked at the RPV for a local rider that finished just outside the top 6 at a couple regionals this year. His RPV was over 17 which would have moved him up to A for next year. Well he showed up to a few local races and smoked everyone for the whole race and then pulled over on the last lap and finished dead last in every class (but of course he had to show he was faster first).

Did this at several races and the locals were getting really pissed and where basically calling him out on it.

Well it worked, I just looked at his RPV for both classes, 250 and open and they are both below 15 now. So he gets to ride B again for like the 4th or 5th year.

Nothing like sandbagging the B class at almost 20 years old for 5 years driving a million dollar motorhome.

Oh, he's also been to Lorettas in a B level class 3 times, , 4 total. Would have been 5 years in a row but he didn't go last year.

JB 19
11/25/2017 4:03am
If you do the math per lap the transponder scoring looks legit. It would have been interesting to see the finish in real time.
11/25/2017 6:43am
MotoX85 wrote:
No its at the end of the year. But that isn't the biggest BS part of it. The kid that got 2nd is/was a local B...
No its at the end of the year.

But that isn't the biggest BS part of it. The kid that got 2nd is/was a local B rider for the last 2 years, finishing top 10 in regionals in the B class and then called is buddy that's on the AMA board and got moved to the C class for this year and raced Lorettas and now Mini O's in the C class, even though he is a local to 4 or 5 guy in the B class for the last 2 years. Even finishing top 3 in a series that is run by said person connected to the AMA that got him bumped back to C.

Would love to know the excuse for moving back since he has not been injured and has not stopped racing.
sgrimmxdad wrote:
This makes me boiling mad, really sucks for the kids that are trying come up. I saw a name on the list that ran all 4...
This makes me boiling mad, really sucks for the kids that are trying come up.

I saw a name on the list that ran all 4 C classes this week at miniO's, same kid rode D, B&C, and A at our first local race of the year. He really ran every class from novice to pro.... Promoter caught it and told him to pick a class... Our local series combined B&C class and calls it "intermediate" now trying to avoid this problem. I have been told he went to Lorettas in the C class in the past. He took a C class win from my son last year with a last lap pass, does it piss me off, yep... I told my son to work to use it as fuel, look at the bright side of it and learn from it....
MotoX85 wrote:
Yea, people here aren't very happy either. Also just looked at the RPV for a local rider that finished just outside the top 6 at a...
Yea, people here aren't very happy either.

Also just looked at the RPV for a local rider that finished just outside the top 6 at a couple regionals this year. His RPV was over 17 which would have moved him up to A for next year. Well he showed up to a few local races and smoked everyone for the whole race and then pulled over on the last lap and finished dead last in every class (but of course he had to show he was faster first).

Did this at several races and the locals were getting really pissed and where basically calling him out on it.

Well it worked, I just looked at his RPV for both classes, 250 and open and they are both below 15 now. So he gets to ride B again for like the 4th or 5th year.

Nothing like sandbagging the B class at almost 20 years old for 5 years driving a million dollar motorhome.

Oh, he's also been to Lorettas in a B level class 3 times, , 4 total. Would have been 5 years in a row but he didn't go last year.

Get over it. That Shits been going on since 2004. It ain’t changing.

The Shop

NITRODOG
Fantasy
1338th
11/25/2017 7:34am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2017 7:36am
So if im looking at it right, 238 won by almost 1/2 second. .049. So Im guessing the scoring loop is somewhere a little before the flagers position and the pass was made after. The days of racing to a white chalk line on the ground have been over for quite some time. All of the smart racers ask, and know exactly where the timing loop is
StevieTimes
11/25/2017 8:26am
NITRODOG wrote:
So if im looking at it right, 238 won by almost 1/2 second. .049. So Im guessing the scoring loop is somewhere a little before the...
So if im looking at it right, 238 won by almost 1/2 second. .049. So Im guessing the scoring loop is somewhere a little before the flagers position and the pass was made after. The days of racing to a white chalk line on the ground have been over for quite some time. All of the smart racers ask, and know exactly where the timing loop is
Half second would be .49
bama205
11/25/2017 9:49am
Where is the transponder located ?

Foot position could make all the difference if it's on the boot :-D
bama205
11/25/2017 9:51am
NITRODOG wrote:
So if im looking at it right, 238 won by almost 1/2 second. .049. So Im guessing the scoring loop is somewhere a little before the...
Nice comprehensive analysis lmao
jk367
11/25/2017 9:59am
dv12.com wrote:
The mini parents need to chill out. I have no idea what happened but it's "only" a 7-11 Mini-Os championship. There's a long way to go...
The mini parents need to chill out. I have no idea what happened but it's "only" a 7-11 Mini-Os championship. There's a long way to go until the real championships in the 450 pro class... So many amateurs were the next big things and never did shit in the pros. They need to keep working, hustling, fighting. There's a lot of that left if they want to race for a pro championship in SX or MX. I only won 2 french national mini bike championship, 80s 12U & 80s 12-14 the year after. I sucked in schoolboy and 80 12-16 but I won a bunch of races that mattered and paid very well as a pro. Parents, keep your eyes on the prize far away and do what it takes to get there. The results/championships present, as a 7-11 rider, are very important other than getting few free bottle of oils and a few sets of gear...
Spagina767 wrote:
This is a sport where less than 1% of racers make it to your level. The fact is, there is a good chance that #67 will...
This is a sport where less than 1% of racers make it to your level.

The fact is, there is a good chance that #67 will amount to nothing, in terms of racing motocross. So, with that said, maybe in 10 years this championship means a lot to him, when he is done with racing and going to college or something.

I'd be pissed, too... but that's just my perspective; from a "never was". I think individual opinions about how important the race is can be influenced by our own personal achievements. DV, you've got most beat by a landslide... no wonder this doesn't seem like a big deal to you.
Agree completely with this
bsharkey
11/25/2017 10:44am
MXerDW wrote:
They announced Carter Malcolm won the Championship and then took it away later.

That's complete BS.
that's the part that's messed up. don't they normally wait 30 minutes
Jeff alessi
11/25/2017 11:18am
It’s pretty clear deegan is the winner if he won by .049

I still can’t believe people are undermining how important a mini os championship is, you know what I do when I see people talking down 1 overall, I go to our awards on the wall n look at my brothers 2 bronze boots he won at mini os, I remember how 1 point gave my brother his first bronze boot, 1 position made the difference for him to take that achievement home for ever. He worked his ass off, n I believe he beat me for it because I lost to josh hill on sx day. All those results matter when your at the top. They matter for the kid in 20th also.
JB 19
11/25/2017 12:43pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2017 1:29pm
It’s pretty clear deegan is the winner if he won by .049 I still can’t believe people are undermining how important a mini os championship is...

I still can’t believe people are undermining how important a mini os championship is, you know what I do when I see people talking down 1 overall, I go to our awards on the wall n look at my brothers 2 bronze boots he won at mini os, I remember how 1 point gave my brother his first bronze boot, 1 position made the difference for him to take that achievement home for ever. He worked his ass off, n I believe he beat me for it because I lost to josh hill on sx day. All those results matter when your at the top. They matter for the kid in 20th also.
Good post Jeff. It absolutely matters to the people in those positions. If isn't just kids. Adults are the same way in cycling, triathlons, business deals or anything else. It you work your ass for it and put your life into it it matters. The people who may not understand it are that ones who never committed their life to something or professionals who competed for a lot of money.

Sometimes it's hard to understand why people do what they do. Why does 51 year old John Grewe train like a pro athlete? Why do normal people nearly kill themselves to qualify for the Kona triathlon? You think these people wouldn't get fired up about a similar situation? They aren't ever going to make millions of dollars at it. Why does it matter? I guess if you have to ask you would never understand.

I think society has got to the point where it shouldn't matter if it isn't for the championship of the world.... Life can get pretty boring if you don't have goals and sometimes you get fired up about that stuff.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1338th
11/25/2017 1:07pm
NITRODOG wrote:
Half second would be .49
Woa...that was close then! Sorry I was looking at this in the early morning after being at DITD all day
fins227
11/25/2017 1:18pm
It’s pretty clear deegan is the winner if he won by .049 I still can’t believe people are undermining how important a mini os championship is...

JB 19 wrote:
Good post Jeff. It absolutely matters to the people in those positions. If isn't just kids. Adults are the same way in cycling, triathlons, business deals...
Good post Jeff. It absolutely matters to the people in those positions. If isn't just kids. Adults are the same way in cycling, triathlons, business deals or anything else. It you work your ass for it and put your life into it it matters. The people who may not understand it are that ones who never committed their life to something or professionals who competed for a lot of money.

Sometimes it's hard to understand why people do what they do. Why does 51 year old John Grewe train like a pro athlete? Why do normal people nearly kill themselves to qualify for the Kona triathlon? You think these people wouldn't get fired up about a similar situation? They aren't ever going to make millions of dollars at it. Why does it matter? I guess if you have to ask you would never understand.

I think society has got to the point where it shouldn't matter if it isn't for the championship of the world.... Life can get pretty boring if you don't have goals and sometimes you get fired up about that stuff.
Well said
11/25/2017 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2017 3:06pm
The transponders are located on the forks. However....whose to say their isn’t advantageous positioning of the transponders in play these days.

Need front wheel photo finish. If we can strap $100 transponders to our forks escore can provide a photo finish cam. damn.

These transponders are nice to have...I recall kids getting DQd in the old grand Prix event. Some factory boys somehow slid by cutting the same piece of track.... But they don’t even do the Grand Prix anymore, atleast a photo finish would be acceptable in these races now.
MarkF
11/25/2017 3:33pm
I can tell you the whole Malcolm family, Mom, Dad and the three children who all have worked hard and qualified for Loretta's multiple times, are incredibly good humble people. They are not spoiled or delusional in any way. That race may not be important to some, but it was I'm sure, very important to them.

Great job Carter!

whammy
11/25/2017 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2017 3:55pm
The transponder wasn't synced with the finish line? So the kid who crossed the line first lost because the race ended where the transponder finish was setup?

This sport is going down the tubes. It's time to MAKE MX GREAT AGAIN.

PastranaWho
11/25/2017 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2017 4:55pm
dv12.com wrote:
The mini parents need to chill out. I have no idea what happened but it's "only" a 7-11 Mini-Os championship. There's a long way to go...
The mini parents need to chill out. I have no idea what happened but it's "only" a 7-11 Mini-Os championship. There's a long way to go until the real championships in the 450 pro class... So many amateurs were the next big things and never did shit in the pros. They need to keep working, hustling, fighting. There's a lot of that left if they want to race for a pro championship in SX or MX. I only won 2 french national mini bike championship, 80s 12U & 80s 12-14 the year after. I sucked in schoolboy and 80 12-16 but I won a bunch of races that mattered and paid very well as a pro. Parents, keep your eyes on the prize far away and do what it takes to get there. The results/championships present, as a 7-11 rider, are very important other than getting few free bottle of oils and a few sets of gear...
I beg to differ, if this was just a local race i see your point but this is the mini-o's amateur championship. That championship can get you exposure and maybe future sponsors etc. Im sure that kid put in a bunch of work and his parents alot of money to get to that level.
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
11/25/2017 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2017 4:28pm
People are REALLY getting soft nowadays...

I wonder if RV is still bummed not winning as many amateur championships as other riders who never were even close to him in the pros while he's sitting on a $30M+ fortune today...

I've always raced up in amateurs racing with faster, older, bigger kids to learn, improve and get tougher. I could've maybe gotten World titles (and way more amateur titles than my 2) if I stayed down more. But the goal was to race and get ready for the biggest championship in the world. It's what I did and I was ready when I first lined up next to Jeremy McGrath as a full time 250 rider winning 4 SX races the first year. People need to realize that it's the ultimate goal in this sport, being a contender in the biggest class of the sport, not amateur titles in Florida nor Tennessee...

Carter and his family might be bummed today but they will not give a s%^& about the 2017 MiniOs if he becomes the next Roczen or the next Tomac in a decade...

dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
11/25/2017 4:33pm
I beg to differ, if this was just a local race i see your point but this is the mini-o's amateur championship. That championship can get...
I beg to differ, if this was just a local race i see your point but this is the mini-o's amateur championship. That championship can get you exposure and maybe future sponsors etc. Im sure that kid put in a bunch of work and his parents alot of money to get to that level.
-The drama about not winning the title got them more exposure than winning the title.

-The amount of work is the same winning or losing. Some riders who don't win work harder than riders who win sometimes...

-All the parents make a lot of sacrifices in amateurs, from the winner to the kid who doesn't qualify for Loretta's. It's called "amateur" for a reason
11/25/2017 4:39pm
I get what you’re sayin DV. At this point in this kids life the mini os is the big picture for him. Don’t we take baby steps to get to where we want to be in life ?
xr70
11/25/2017 5:06pm
sgrimmxdad wrote:
It takes a ton of money, time, and effort for these families to make these races. Hate to disagree with DV but there is money on...
It takes a ton of money, time, and effort for these families to make these races. Hate to disagree with DV but there is money on the line. Some big names on that list already, bike and gear contracts on the line. I'd say it is a very big deal.... Spend several grand to go to a race only to have a win stripped would piss me off too.... I have no idea what happened and whom is right, just sayin....

Some of these kids get a garage full of bikes, parts and gear.... Adds up quickly... I'd be willing to bet some of the top kids fair much better than some of the privaters in the big show....
^^^^^ this 100% , dv is a Jack ass!
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
11/25/2017 5:19pm
xr70 wrote:
Can we can disagree on a subject and not insult each other? Or is that too much to ask on Vital?
xr70
11/25/2017 5:22pm
xr70 wrote:
dv12.com wrote:
Can we can disagree on a subject and not insult each other? Or is that too much to ask on Vital?
U are right, sorry about that . I just got excited.
early
Fantasy
2212th
11/25/2017 5:23pm
DV, can you agree it was unprofessional of the race director to hand out a championship if there was a question about the outcome of the race?
BobbyM
11/25/2017 7:08pm
early wrote:
DV, can you agree it was unprofessional of the race director to hand out a championship if there was a question about the outcome of the...
DV, can you agree it was unprofessional of the race director to hand out a championship if there was a question about the outcome of the race?
DV said STFU. DAMN BOY.
jstein639
11/25/2017 7:22pm
dv12.com wrote:
People are REALLY getting soft nowadays... I wonder if RV is still bummed not winning as many amateur championships as other riders who never were even...

I wonder if RV is still bummed not winning as many amateur championships as other riders who never were even close to him in the pros while he's sitting on a $30M+ fortune today...

I've always raced up in amateurs racing with faster, older, bigger kids to learn, improve and get tougher. I could've maybe gotten World titles (and way more amateur titles than my 2) if I stayed down more. But the goal was to race and get ready for the biggest championship in the world. It's what I did and I was ready when I first lined up next to Jeremy McGrath as a full time 250 rider winning 4 SX races the first year. People need to realize that it's the ultimate goal in this sport, being a contender in the biggest class of the sport, not amateur titles in Florida nor Tennessee...

Carter and his family might be bummed today but they will not give a s%^& about the 2017 MiniOs if he becomes the next Roczen or the next Tomac in a decade...

I agree with your ideological point of view, but it is hard to deny that economics forces itself into the conversation. Winning a championship affords sponsorship opportunities that can help the family of the child afford to race and become the next Roczen or Tomac. Advertisements hold more weight with "national champion" above the riders' name.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/25/2017 11:24pm
dv12.com wrote:
People are REALLY getting soft nowadays... I wonder if RV is still bummed not winning as many amateur championships as other riders who never were even...

DV is absolutely correct. At this point in time, the kids most important years are ahead of him and he has a lot of work to do in order to be anything (or even on the starting gate) in the pro ranks. Sure, it's a big deal "today" for them, but if mx is going to continue to be his life, it gets harder and there is plenty of time to shine when it counts the most.
bdub
11/26/2017 12:18am
dv12.com wrote:

jstein639 wrote:
I agree with your ideological point of view, but it is hard to deny that economics forces itself into the conversation. Winning a championship affords sponsorship...
I agree with your ideological point of view, but it is hard to deny that economics forces itself into the conversation. Winning a championship affords sponsorship opportunities that can help the family of the child afford to race and become the next Roczen or Tomac. Advertisements hold more weight with "national champion" above the riders' name.
Having a 4 page thread on Vital helps the publicity of an otherwise unknown amateur.. Just sayin...

Post a reply to: Mini-O's SX Championship Drama

The Latest