Mini GP in Valence for Alessi and Albertson

mccread
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 9:39am
Entry list

Lots of fast frenchies in MX2 including highly touted Dylan Ferrandis who I watched race on an 80 in Bercy on 4 months ago... now he is racing the best in the World in MX2.

15 year old Herlings will be having his first proper individual race at this level

Most of the top MX2 title challengers are there - Roczen, Simpson, Musquin, Paulin, Roelants.

The GP Pro Circuit team make their debut with Frossard and a very motivated Van Horebeck

The only top contenders missing are the British based guys like Osborne, Karro and Nicholls.

We will see the closest indication yet of how competitive MX2 GPs will be- of the French should have the advantage here...

In MX1 all the top GP teams are there who were at Mantova plus the addition of Aranda and Coppins - the UK teams are missing which includes Swanepole, Bobreyshev and Sword... So despite the talented line it is still not a full GP field!!

It will be interesting to see how Alessi and Alberston get on on the hard pack.. they should be good especially Alessi who has raced in Valence before.
|
SMITH201
2/19/2010 5:14am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2010 5:15am
Pit has put Alessi in Timeout and put his bike away for now.
mccread
2/19/2010 5:46am
If Trey wins on saturday and Jimmy wins on Sunday it will be a good weekend for you guys!

The Shop

JackLHyde
2/19/2010 5:50am
SMITH201 wrote:
Pit has put Alessi in Timeout and put his bike away for now.
Where does that come from? I think they have sorted things out now.
SMITH201
2/19/2010 6:01am
mccread wrote:
If Trey wins on saturday and Jimmy wins on Sunday it will be a good weekend for you guys!
It would require some crashes and mechanical failures for Trey to have a chance to win Saturday night. Not saying Trey doesnt have the ability, just saying I doubt he will step into the 450s on someone elses bike after only a week of testing and smoke everyone.
mccread
2/19/2010 6:09am
I didn't say either would happen just that if it did it would be a good weekend for the Canard family given their relationship with Albertson....

It will be harder for Jimmy to win in France than for Trey to win in Indy.... but that doesnt mean it can't happen for either.... it could.
holeshot100
2/19/2010 6:14am
mccread wrote:
SMITH201 wrote:
It would require some crashes and mechanical failures for Trey to have a chance to win Saturday night. Not saying Trey doesnt have the ability, just...
It would require some crashes and mechanical failures for Trey to have a chance to win Saturday night. Not saying Trey doesnt have the ability, just saying I doubt he will step into the 450s on someone elses bike after only a week of testing and smoke everyone.
You don't know Trey Canard , because he can win straight up at Indy. Go Trey!

Link to Valence France race and rider info.
http://www.mxlarge.com/news/3342-valence-opening-the-2010-french-motocr…
2/19/2010 6:15am
Will Coppins be riding the Aprilla? I have not been keeping up with whats going on with that program.

Earlier in the week they were expecting it to be a mud race. I wonder what the conditions are like?

Go get them Jimmy!!
Mrtf
2/19/2010 6:18am
yes, i think Coppins will race,and he has impressed me with his pace, he had the best lap time in moto , at the Italien open, and there was guys like phillipaerts, Leok, Guarneri riding there so he´s fast
mccread
2/19/2010 6:19am
Coppins is on Aprillia he got 3rd in Italy last weekend behind Philippearts and Guaneri.

It is sunny today about 16degress according to their website.
2/19/2010 6:25am
Looks like it will be a great race! I wish it was televised here in the US. I have Direct TV and was able to get the GP's from a station in Denver, but I don't see any coverage of these races.
SMITH201
2/19/2010 6:39am
mccread wrote:
I didn't say either would happen just that if it did it would be a good weekend for the Canard family given their relationship with Albertson...
I didn't say either would happen just that if it did it would be a good weekend for the Canard family given their relationship with Albertson....

It will be harder for Jimmy to win in France than for Trey to win in Indy.... but that doesnt mean it can't happen for either.... it could.
Nice try, but everyone in the MX world knows that the odds at Trey winning Indy this weekend are a lot higher than Albee in france
mccread
2/19/2010 7:06am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2010 7:10am
erm that't what I said isn't it? If you had to money on one winning, It is more likely Trey will win this weekend than Jimmy? but that it's possible both could do it?....
2/19/2010 7:18am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:52pm
Should be another Very good preseason race,
GO Jimmy Albertson and Mike Alessi
2/19/2010 8:02am
mccread wrote:
[url=http://www.automobilsport.com/pdf/entry-list-mx-valence-2010.pdf]Entry list[/url] Lots of fast frenchies in MX2 including highly touted Dylan Ferrandis who I watched race on an 80 in Bercy on 4 months ago...
Entry list

Lots of fast frenchies in MX2 including highly touted Dylan Ferrandis who I watched race on an 80 in Bercy on 4 months ago... now he is racing the best in the World in MX2.

15 year old Herlings will be having his first proper individual race at this level

Most of the top MX2 title challengers are there - Roczen, Simpson, Musquin, Paulin, Roelants.

The GP Pro Circuit team make their debut with Frossard and a very motivated Van Horebeck

The only top contenders missing are the British based guys like Osborne, Karro and Nicholls.

We will see the closest indication yet of how competitive MX2 GPs will be- of the French should have the advantage here...

In MX1 all the top GP teams are there who were at Mantova plus the addition of Aranda and Coppins - the UK teams are missing which includes Swanepole, Bobreyshev and Sword... So despite the talented line it is still not a full GP field!!

It will be interesting to see how Alessi and Alberston get on on the hard pack.. they should be good especially Alessi who has raced in Valence before.
Alessi has never raced in Valence. It was in Pernes-les-Fontaines (2005).

Wink
2/19/2010 8:05am
Concerning the international race in Valence this WE, I will be there, and will try to post here some pics as soon as possible ...
Highsider
2/19/2010 8:07am
Looks like it will be a great race! I wish it was televised here in the US. I have Direct TV and was able to get...
Looks like it will be a great race! I wish it was televised here in the US. I have Direct TV and was able to get the GP's from a station in Denver, but I don't see any coverage of these races.
Was that "Altitude"?

I paid $12.95 for one month, on DTV, to get the MXdN, then canceled.
SMITH201
2/19/2010 8:07am
mccread wrote:
erm that't what I said isn't it? If you had to money on one winning, It is more likely Trey will win this weekend than Jimmy...
erm that't what I said isn't it? If you had to money on one winning, It is more likely Trey will win this weekend than Jimmy? but that it's possible both could do it?....
Not what I meant to type. Better to say that the odds of Trey winning in Indy are more stacked against him rather than Albee in France.
mccread
2/19/2010 9:08am
not sure? Roczen and Herlings will be racing a 250f and he is 15 so...
500guy
2/19/2010 9:17am
Concerning the international race in Valence this WE, I will be there, and will try to post here some pics as soon as possible ...
Very cool

Updates will be much appreciated.
mccread
2/19/2010 9:23am
mccread wrote:
erm that't what I said isn't it? If you had to money on one winning, It is more likely Trey will win this weekend than Jimmy...
SMITH201 wrote:
Not what I meant to type. Better to say that the odds of Trey winning in Indy are more stacked against him rather than Albee in...
Not what I meant to type. Better to say that the odds of Trey winning in Indy are more stacked against him rather than Albee in France.
Really? You aren't too bright then are you?

Trey has beaten the guys leading the 450 supercross series before on the smaller bike, he has ridden and won in Indy before he knows how supercross works... if he gels with the bike straight away he has as much chance of winning as anyone... he is that good. Dungey was at the front in his first race in 2008 and Trey is as good as Ryan.

Jimmy on the other hand is racing a deeper field, in a country and track he has never been too - he has alot more varients to adapt to. He hasn't as yet beat all the guys he is going to be racing on Sunday either.

I would say it is more likely Canard can beat Josh Hill RV and co in one moto than Jimmy beating Cairoli/ Pourcel etc over 3 motos to get the overall simply because Canard has already beaten those guys.

Canard has about 6 guys his speed all most of whom has won races against before, Albee has about 12 guys his speed most of whom he has only raced once before. So far he has averaged 5th or 6th place against them... which is pretty impressive!

Again, as I said it would be a great weekend for the two families if they both won, and it could happen...

Either way it is going to be great racing in the US and France this weekend.. can't wait!
2/19/2010 9:23am
hey mccread!!

Is Ferrandis racing a 125 due to the age limitations?
Yes, Ferrandis will race on a 125cc Kawasaki (Bud Racing Team).
mccread
2/19/2010 9:25am
Looks like it will be a great race! I wish it was televised here in the US. I have Direct TV and was able to get...
Highsider wrote:
Was that "Altitude"?

I paid $12.95 for one month, on DTV, to get the MXdN, then canceled.
watch the GPs and MXDN on the internet.. it's free! Smile
500guy
2/19/2010 9:35am
What is the Final MX1-MX2 race all about ?

Looks like a great day of Outdoor MX lined up.
mccread
2/19/2010 9:48am
It is a combined race for the final moto of the day... so Roczen, Musqin, Simpson, Paulin, Herlings, Frossard etc will be taking on Cairoli, Alessi, Pourcel, Ramon, Phillipearts, Desalle, Nagl and co in the same race... wish I was there...
ShookOne
2/19/2010 10:53am
Boring. Albertson will take the win with at least a 30+ second gap.
500guy
2/19/2010 10:53am
Just so you guy's don't get your hopes up.

I predict if Alessi wins or does good in Practice he will race, if more than 3 or 4 are faster his shoulder is going to have a bad spell.

Post a reply to: Mini GP in Valence for Alessi and Albertson

The Latest