Millsaps retirement atlanta

yz133rider
Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 11:58am
I thought they were going to do something for his retirement. I know I read he was going to be there for opening ceremonies, because its his home race, and where he got his first win i believe.

Did they even mention it? Guess they just didnt have any time with all the commercials. Oh and of course the make up to mud segments to showcase. Just no time to give a couple minutes to someone who poured decades of their life into the sport. And seriously almost died before the season began, being unconscious for 6 minutes i think they said in his practice crash.

|
tobz
3/4/2018 10:18pm
He was apart of the opening ceremony?

yz133rider
3/4/2018 10:22pm
tobz wrote:
He was apart of the opening ceremony? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/04/247535/s1200_Screenshot_20180305_164715.jpg[/img]
He was apart of the opening ceremony?

Nice i didnt see any mention on the broadcast was wondering and disappointed.
rongi#401
3/4/2018 11:23pm
its gotta make you think, what are the symptoms hes having that made him actually pull the plug on racing.
sometimes i feel pretty wierd and ive had my fair share.
rongi#401
3/4/2018 11:24pm
but nothing to the extent that he just had, weeks in the ICU for head trauma, scary

The Shop

Turbojez
3/5/2018 6:49am
yz133rider wrote:
I thought they were going to do something for his retirement. I know I read he was going to be there for opening ceremonies, because its...
I thought they were going to do something for his retirement. I know I read he was going to be there for opening ceremonies, because its his home race, and where he got his first win i believe.

Did they even mention it? Guess they just didnt have any time with all the commercials. Oh and of course the make up to mud segments to showcase. Just no time to give a couple minutes to someone who poured decades of their life into the sport. And seriously almost died before the season began, being unconscious for 6 minutes i think they said in his practice crash.

I think Supercross as a sport is VERY disrespectful in regards to the riders. No air time for Davi is just below the waist, unless, of course, he opted not to do a retirement speech, which seems unlikely. Anybody have more insight on that?

The sport that can literally kill a guy for a single mistake, and not even a mention in broadcast? How fuckin ungrateful is that? I guess social media segment was more important. Truly sad.
kkawboy14
3/5/2018 6:53am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 6:53am
yz133rider wrote:
I thought they were going to do something for his retirement. I know I read he was going to be there for opening ceremonies, because its...

Turbojez wrote:
I think Supercross as a sport is VERY disrespectful in regards to the riders. No air time for Davi is just below the waist, unless, of...
I think Supercross as a sport is VERY disrespectful in regards to the riders. No air time for Davi is just below the waist, unless, of course, he opted not to do a retirement speech, which seems unlikely. Anybody have more insight on that?

The sport that can literally kill a guy for a single mistake, and not even a mention in broadcast? How fuckin ungrateful is that? I guess social media segment was more important. Truly sad.
LIFE is very disrespectful to people in general. People come and go without much notice in all areas of life not just moto
rob162
3/5/2018 6:54am
Yep makeup2mud was so much more important than davi's retirement...
yz133rider
3/5/2018 7:03am
yz133rider wrote:

Turbojez wrote:
I think Supercross as a sport is VERY disrespectful in regards to the riders. No air time for Davi is just below the waist, unless, of...

Thats the feeling i have too. And the dumb ass segments they have and the make up to mud segments get air time but not davi friggin millsaps.

We're not talking like a 40th fastest guy were talking a fixture in the sport for years. And hardly a mention. I absolutely hate the make up to mud segment and some people dont get why. The reason is giving air time to absolute nobodys instead of something that matters.
Donovan759
3/5/2018 7:04am
rongi#401 wrote:
its gotta make you think, what are the symptoms hes having that made him actually pull the plug on racing. sometimes i feel pretty wierd and...
its gotta make you think, what are the symptoms hes having that made him actually pull the plug on racing.
Stories like Davi's are why head trauma is such an interesting subject to me. We know so little about it. Someone else could have had the same accident as him and recovered after a week. Or they could have died.

I have had 5 concussions. The first one knocked me out for 10 minutes but lingering symptoms were minimal.

The next 2 barely bothered me.

The 4th one I went blind for an hour but was fine a few days later.

My last one, the bike landed on my head. It wasn't that bad at first. I rode several miles home and felt fine. Then severe symptoms started like I've never felt before. I'm still messed from that one and its been 4 years. My head just doesn't work the same way.
yz133rider
3/5/2018 7:05am
rob162 wrote:
Yep makeup2mud was so much more important than davi's retirement...
Exactly. Kills me.
LungButter
3/5/2018 7:15am
I wish Davi woulda got recognized on the broadcast too...but it's just mind boggling to me that some of you don't seem to grasp that Toyota paid A LOT OF MONEY to have the Make Up To Mud segment, it's not going anywhere.
yz133rider
3/5/2018 7:18am
LungButter wrote:
I wish Davi woulda got recognized on the broadcast too...but it's just mind boggling to me that some of you don't seem to grasp that Toyota...
I wish Davi woulda got recognized on the broadcast too...but it's just mind boggling to me that some of you don't seem to grasp that Toyota paid A LOT OF MONEY to have the Make Up To Mud segment, it's not going anywhere.
Toyota could have paid a lot of money to have their name blasted before a segment that isnt a complete joke.

Or how about instead of looking at what pretty boy hair cut colt nichols has to eat or watching marvin and his wife cook....
rallendude
3/5/2018 7:22am
Davi came out and made a parade lap with his boy like you've seen on the photo here. They interviewed him for the normal time frame like a podium guy would get. His whole team and a bunch of other industry folks that wanted to honor him came out and lined the start straight when he came back after the parade lap. Sad to see a guy go out like that. But, he's moving on I hope to better safer things.

It would be good to see a more in depth piece put together by Vital or one of the mags that covers the career. I'm sure that will come around at some point.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/5/2018 7:25am
rongi#401 wrote:
its gotta make you think, what are the symptoms hes having that made him actually pull the plug on racing. sometimes i feel pretty wierd and...
Doctor wouldn't release him to race again because another hit to the head could be life altering.
rongi#401
3/5/2018 7:36am
rongi#401 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Doctor wouldn't release him to race again because another hit to the head could be life altering.
Yeah but what is he himself feeling in his head. Like the other guy stated above. Sometimes you just don't ever feel like the same person. I can go back and map changes in my personality running along side major blows to the head. The symptoms you "can't quite explain" are the hardest to live with
3/5/2018 7:55am
Is he still on bad terms with his mom? I was at the race and heard him mention his "dad and family" but nothing about Colleen.
pbody
Fantasy
320th
3/5/2018 8:16am
The broadcasts need to do more on the riders like other motorsports do....get the general audience invested in the riders by getting to know them without their helmets on. Getting to know personalities and lives will keep people more interested and is one way to help grow the sport.

Whether this is during, before, or after he main broadcast doesn't matter, but it's painfully obvious that more can be done during the broadcasts.

They've done it a couple of times this season, but they should do more rider updates/interviews during the race from the pits between races.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
3/5/2018 8:36am
In all fairness, The TV broadcast did an interview and mentioned Davi's retirement when he did the lap of honor in San Diego 3 weeks ago. It was quick, but they did "honor" him once already. It wasn't his home race, but it was the race he announce his retirement at.
yz133rider
3/5/2018 8:42am
In all fairness, The TV broadcast did an interview and mentioned Davi's retirement when he did the lap of honor in San Diego 3 weeks ago...
In all fairness, The TV broadcast did an interview and mentioned Davi's retirement when he did the lap of honor in San Diego 3 weeks ago. It was quick, but they did "honor" him once already. It wasn't his home race, but it was the race he announce his retirement at.
They asked him one quick question and said cya. That same show they interviewed some random ufc fighter for much longer and of course showcased a lovely nobody female rider lol
Wandell
3/5/2018 9:14am
I agree. It was pathetic that there was no mention of Davi during the Atlanta SX broadcast. And as Vital members bring up weekly, there was a ton of "filler" that could have been edited to make time for a segment on Davi!
yz133rider
3/5/2018 9:17am
Wandell wrote:
I agree. It was pathetic that there was no mention of Davi during the Atlanta SX broadcast. And as Vital members bring up weekly, there was...
I agree. It was pathetic that there was no mention of Davi during the Atlanta SX broadcast. And as Vital members bring up weekly, there was a ton of "filler" that could have been edited to make time for a segment on Davi!
Getting rid of all the fluff for real segments would improve the show so much too.
pmshortt2
3/5/2018 11:04am
LungButter wrote:
I wish Davi woulda got recognized on the broadcast too...but it's just mind boggling to me that some of you don't seem to grasp that Toyota...
yz133rider wrote:
Toyota could have paid a lot of money to have their name blasted before a segment that isnt a complete joke. Or how about instead of...
Toyota could have paid a lot of money to have their name blasted before a segment that isnt a complete joke.

Or how about instead of looking at what pretty boy hair cut colt nichols has to eat or watching marvin and his wife cook....
I also laughed and said “what a fag” after watching Colt’s segment with his jersey shore hair Woohoo
lumpy790
3/5/2018 11:20am
Head trauma is scary and life changing. I was glad to watch DM18 do a slow lap and applause was off the charts.
KDXGarage
3/5/2018 10:31pm
He got a fair send off. I don't know what TV showed, but they gave him some time at the track. It was nice.

yz133rider
3/7/2018 9:06am
KDXGarage wrote:
He got a fair send off. I don't know what TV showed, but they gave him some time at the track. It was nice. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/05/247698/s1200_DSCN7461.jpg[/img]
He got a fair send off. I don't know what TV showed, but they gave him some time at the track. It was nice.

Tv showed zero from what i saw not even a mention
Kanewel433
3/7/2018 11:58am
I managed to snag a photo with him while he was walking around the halls with his wife (I did feel bad interrupting his stroll, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity so I made sure to ask politely). I also made sure to thank him for all the great rides he put in and wished him the best.

Post a reply to: Millsaps retirement atlanta

The Latest