G Force
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 12:48am
..."JGR".

Guess its a done deal?
|
Highsider
10/1/2010 5:21am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2010 5:24am
Oh, wow.Wassat
Just not sure about Davey. Seems convenient, though.
Crush
10/1/2010 5:35am
The guy is one of a very small group of riders who's won SX races in the last 5 years...

He'll do good there...
MX Culture
10/1/2010 6:30am
Crush wrote:
The guy is one of a very small group of riders who's won SX races in the last 5 years...

He'll do good there...
yep, 3 to be exact.
10/1/2010 6:54am
Crush wrote:

He'll do good there...
MX Culture wrote:
yep, 3 to be exact.
Only 3 different winners in the last five years, nah. Count again.

The Shop

dl117
Fantasy
2587th
10/1/2010 7:05am
I think he was refering to winning 3 races.
DanDunes818
10/1/2010 7:43am
I sure hope JGR gets Davey going. I love watching Davey when he's on his game..
mx295
10/1/2010 7:46am
G Force wrote:
..."JGR".

Guess its a done deal?
Maybe he meant he's "Just Going Riding" Laughing
peelout719
10/1/2010 8:03am
reading comprehension. you failed at it.
Billy Jack
10/1/2010 8:45am
Another season of winning one week and getting 8th the next. Short should have went after that ride.
Billy Jack
10/1/2010 8:46am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2010 8:46am
peelout719 wrote:
reading comprehension. you failed at it.
Ha ha...he missed it in a BIG way, too!
mxtryon231
10/1/2010 5:55pm
I don't get why everybody hates on DM18... The guy has won SX races and just like anybody else he has some bad races. JGR is a solid team and with their rules and program who knows what could happen.
Rupert X
10/1/2010 6:00pm

Racerhead told me that 27 18 hours ago.

JGR ?

Julian Garnishes Radishes ?
Outsider
10/1/2010 6:19pm
Join Gay Riot?

Just googled RupertX? Unsure
CRFracer117
Fantasy
3845th
10/1/2010 7:11pm
I lost respect for Milsack when he turned down two kids who wanted an autograph at the Texas national. Supposedly he was hurt but well enough to be hanging out by the Thor/Parts Unlimited set up. So here's to JGR maybe winning one race, there is a long line of rider that Milsack will never get through, but I am interested in hearing some of his excuses.
mxmaniac08
10/1/2010 8:04pm
Great, Davi gets a fresh start.. Hope to see him up in the heat of the battle... consistently.
Sandberm
10/1/2010 8:22pm
Southern guy geting on a southern team. Good idea, better than signing cali Grant .
RMZ819
10/2/2010 3:33am
I hope this kid does not dick around like he has in the past. Nobody has stole more money that Milsaps in this sport.

My prediction is he is fired within a yr.
MaxPower
10/2/2010 8:08am
Should he even be riding? I dont know the extent of his injuries.I guess he does. But from the internet drapple I have heard when he got hurt last time it was bad. Motocross is a way of life. It isnt life. I hope he does well. I would like to see it just to shut everyone up that bagged on him
Moto547
10/2/2010 9:38am
Go back to having fun Davi!
Always pull for him and will continue
to at JGR. Congrats.

muGz.147
Fantasy
1789th
10/2/2010 9:59am
#10 and #18 JGR bikes set to do some DAMAGE in Supercross this year. Good luck to Justin, Davi, and the entire JGR team in 2011!!
Rockwell
10/2/2010 10:24am
I think it is great for Davi. He is going to tear it up on a JGR.
Towelie
10/2/2010 12:02pm
I think he has a real chance of winning, maybe, possibly not, he could be suck.
DanDunes818
10/2/2010 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2010 12:29pm
I just hope for JGR's sake Davey puts in the work and performs up to his expectations for them.. The JGR crew seems like a great group of guys that put in the work and spend the money to make themselves a top tier team in whatever sport they enter. I think so far almost every rider they've gotten (minus Brayton) has not lived up to their expectations. Sure JG won one outdoor overall and his 1st ever big bore SX (by getting very lucky) but he hasn't even gotten close to winning another SX and as far as outdoors goes a different JG shows up for every moto.. Also IMO while at JGR Josh represented metal mulisha (sp?) more than he has JGR. I think if JGR would of come up with a dope, def , super tight gang sign to throw Josh may have represented them more. As it was when Josh won Xgames it was more obvious he rode for Metal Mulisha w/Deegan trying to steal the spotlight with sticking his ugly mug in every camera shot. Lately he also seems injured more then healthy missing all of SX and a majority of outdoor races. Then there was Hanny that did nothing while with them and Cody Cooper who showed loads of potential in 08 only to disappear off the map in 09 when he got on the JGR yamaha. I think Brayton so far is the only rider that has shown the potential that team has and has represented them w/results and class. I'm glad Brayton will be back with JGR next year and we'll just have to see which Davey Milsaps shows up.
10/2/2010 12:30pm
I just hope for JGR's sake Davey puts in the work and performs up to his expectations for them.. The JGR crew seems like a great...
I just hope for JGR's sake Davey puts in the work and performs up to his expectations for them.. The JGR crew seems like a great group of guys that put in the work and spend the money to make themselves a top tier team in whatever sport they enter. I think so far almost every rider they've gotten (minus Brayton) has not lived up to their expectations. Sure JG won one outdoor overall and his 1st ever big bore SX (by getting very lucky) but he hasn't even gotten close to winning another SX and as far as outdoors goes a different JG shows up for every moto.. Also IMO while at JGR Josh represented metal mulisha (sp?) more than he has JGR. I think if JGR would of come up with a dope, def , super tight gang sign to throw Josh may have represented them more. As it was when Josh won Xgames it was more obvious he rode for Metal Mulisha w/Deegan trying to steal the spotlight with sticking his ugly mug in every camera shot. Lately he also seems injured more then healthy missing all of SX and a majority of outdoor races. Then there was Hanny that did nothing while with them and Cody Cooper who showed loads of potential in 08 only to disappear off the map in 09 when he got on the JGR yamaha. I think Brayton so far is the only rider that has shown the potential that team has and has represented them w/results and class. I'm glad Brayton will be back with JGR next year and we'll just have to see which Davey Milsaps shows up.
Maybe JGR's strict involvment and motivation is what Davy needs to return to the level of performance he exhibited while coming up through the ranks. He may not completely make it to the top but JGR's effort combined with a wholehearted Davy would show better results than we've seen thus far.
Lightning78
10/2/2010 12:52pm
mxtryon231 wrote:
I don't get why everybody hates on DM18... The guy has won SX races and just like anybody else he has some bad races. JGR is...
I don't get why everybody hates on DM18... The guy has won SX races and just like anybody else he has some bad races. JGR is a solid team and with their rules and program who knows what could happen.
I dont really hate on him although i have been very critical of him in the past and it has nothing to do with his speed. My criticizm is from knowing that kid has enough speed and talent to win a big bike title but just doesnt care or take it seriously enough. He wins then gets 8th next week because he isnt all that motivated or excited to do what he does for a living. What cracks me up is when these top racers walk away and some do in fact get a real job they always come back proclaiming how much they love racing for a living rather than work a 9-5 like the rest of us. Most, not all kids that grew up racing all their lives have some animosity towards racing as if they have it so bad but put them to work making 40k and working their asses off sure does clarify things. Granted Davi will likely NEVER have to work once retired but he will at some point in his life look back and wish he had taken his career a little more seriously because if he did he would most definitely have more than a few big bike titles to go with that lites title. He has stated on numerous interviews that he doesnt like to train and his demeanor when asked about racing looks uninspired, guys like RC, CR, RD and even JS (to some extent) all want to win more than getting "paid" and that is what separates the champions from the rest IMO.
DanDunes818
10/2/2010 12:53pm
I just hope for JGR's sake Davey puts in the work and performs up to his expectations for them.. The JGR crew seems like a great...
Maybe JGR's strict involvment and motivation is what Davy needs to return to the level of performance he exhibited while coming up through the ranks. He...
Maybe JGR's strict involvment and motivation is what Davy needs to return to the level of performance he exhibited while coming up through the ranks. He may not completely make it to the top but JGR's effort combined with a wholehearted Davy would show better results than we've seen thus far.
I hope that's the case because Davey is a rider I love to watch when he's on his game. I'm curious if he'll be moving to NC. I know up til now every rider that signs w/them has had to but I've always thought if they really wanted a rider bad enough they may bend a little.
10/2/2010 2:13pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2010 2:13pm
Maybe JGR's strict involvment and motivation is what Davy needs to return to the level of performance he exhibited while coming up through the ranks. He...
I hope that's the case because Davey is a rider I love to watch when he's on his game. I'm curious if he'll be moving to...
I hope that's the case because Davey is a rider I love to watch when he's on his game. I'm curious if he'll be moving to NC. I know up til now every rider that signs w/them has had to but I've always thought if they really wanted a rider bad enough they may bend a little.
The guys at Honda (and Suzuki for that matter...) had put in just as much hard work, but Davi seemingly had no trouble in not giving it 100% there....What makes you think anything will change at JGR?

Like Lightning said above you, DM can win it all if he wanted to, but lacks the intensity and/or drive to stay motivated.

Like the blittle oy who cried wolf, eventually, no one will believe any more....

Billy Jack
10/2/2010 2:28pm
I have nothing against Davi, it's just that year after year, his results have been inconsistent. If he can turn it around and put together a winning season, then good for him. He certainly has the talent to do so, but there are other riders I would have hired before him (like Short).

Post a reply to: Milsaps just Tweeted...

The Latest