Millville track changes–Sweet!

Crush
Edited Date/Time 7/17/2014 10:40pm
This looks epic! Think they had it on the track map last year but didn't happen. Should be cool!

|
quicken
7/7/2014 6:24pm
It's gonna be quite the hike to get around that section of the track for the spectators........the new upper section is steep.
MotoX85
7/7/2014 7:12pm
You ought to see the "other" track at the top of that hill. Track is sick. Jumps are huge and nothing less than pro caliber
Highsider
7/7/2014 7:13pm
Last year seems the tv cameras couldn't transmit from up there.
Or something similar.

The Shop

yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/7/2014 7:25pm
Surprised they would let them make it longer, seemed MX Sports has been trying to get the lap times down, like at Glen Helen cutting out the REM section
Crush
7/7/2014 7:29pm
MotoX85 wrote:
You ought to see the "other" track at the top of that hill. Track is sick. Jumps are huge and nothing less than pro caliber
That's the Martin kids' track right?
dboivin
7/7/2014 7:56pm
always a post about track changes each year...then race time its the same track...will see what shows up on saturday.
Grizz
7/7/2014 8:12pm
yak651 wrote:
Surprised they would let them make it longer, seemed MX Sports has been trying to get the lap times down, like at Glen Helen cutting out...
Surprised they would let them make it longer, seemed MX Sports has been trying to get the lap times down, like at Glen Helen cutting out the REM section
The race is 30 minutes no matter how long the track is.
Crush
7/7/2014 8:24pm
yak651 wrote:
Surprised they would let them make it longer, seemed MX Sports has been trying to get the lap times down, like at Glen Helen cutting out...
Grizz wrote:
The race is 30 minutes no matter how long the track is.
No it isn't.

If the lap times are 3+ mins (old Red Bud, Glen Helen) then the race is 36+ mins.

If the lap times are 1:40 (Muddy Creek) then the race is 33mins and 20 seconds.

In TV land, in an hour show, 3 mins is a lot of real estate. It's a small feature, a bunch of ad breaks, the intros or whatever.
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
7/7/2014 9:20pm
Crush wrote:
No it isn't. If the lap times are 3+ mins (old Red Bud, Glen Helen) then the race is 36+ mins. If the lap times are...
No it isn't.

If the lap times are 3+ mins (old Red Bud, Glen Helen) then the race is 36+ mins.

In TV land, in an hour show, 3 mins is a lot of real estate. It's a small feature, a bunch of ad breaks, the intros or whatever.
Can be longer yet, depending on when the leader cross' the finish line before the 2 lap board goes out.
7/7/2014 9:44pm
Yup, that's one helluva steep track in person.. I witnessed the infamous Chad Reed mid-air-bail wreck from atop those hills. Will never forget it.. I turn my head to see him coming and there he is, mid air, independent of his motorcycle, flapping his arms like a bird.. only to then vanish out of sight. The entire crowd immediately started running to get a better view of where he could be. Then you heard the roar of the crowd when he got the bike fired and kept going. realshit.

c_dub
7/7/2014 11:17pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2014 11:31pm
quicken wrote:
It's gonna be quite the hike to get around that section of the track for the spectators........the new upper section is steep.
As Crush stated, I believe this is the section that was supposed to be ready last year but was not. Should be interesting. TV doesn't do that section justice. I wouldn't say the 450's were struggling to make it up it but they weren't setting the world a blaze going up those hills that's for sure.

@quicken...Judging from past Nationals at Millville, I believe it. Millville in general is a good hike all day if one wants to spectate from all the spots they have to offer. I love it, part of the fun for me.

That being said (sorry if I'm hijacking or getting off track...no pun intended) but what do you guys wear for footwear to Nationals, especially a place like Millville that is extremely hilly? I love to watch from all over the place and put on some miles on race day. But it's a struggle at times getting traction walking around the place.

Have any of you guys ever tried some sort of spiked shoe (track, golf, soccer, baseball, football, etc.) and if so how did it work out? I was thinking track spikes might be the hot ticket (light, breathable, metal spikes for the hills) but I've never really spent any amount of time in a pair. They might work good for the hills and suck the rest of the time. Or is a a good old fashioned hiking boot/shoe the way to go? Opinions very much appreciated.
VET176
7/7/2014 11:52pm
Crush wrote:
No it isn't. If the lap times are 3+ mins (old Red Bud, Glen Helen) then the race is 36+ mins. If the lap times are...
No it isn't.

Kn'oath mate. It gives them more time to promote that Kawasaki Official side by side turd. WTF is that thing anyway?
Crush
7/8/2014 12:05am
VET176 wrote:
Kn'oath mate. It gives them more time to promote that Kawasaki Official side by side turd. WTF is that thing anyway?
Dunno. It fits Georgia's tv crew tho. Important stuff!

haha... Guess someone has gotta pay the bills!
7/8/2014 12:12am
interested to see what pourcel can do at millville- his ride there in 2010 was one of the best all season, great racing between him and canard that day!
motomike137
7/8/2014 4:26am
quicken wrote:
c_dub wrote:
As Crush stated, I believe this is the section that was supposed to be ready last year but was not. Should be interesting. TV doesn't do...
As Crush stated, I believe this is the section that was supposed to be ready last year but was not. Should be interesting. TV doesn't do that section justice. I wouldn't say the 450's were struggling to make it up it but they weren't setting the world a blaze going up those hills that's for sure.

@quicken...Judging from past Nationals at Millville, I believe it. Millville in general is a good hike all day if one wants to spectate from all the spots they have to offer. I love it, part of the fun for me.

That being said (sorry if I'm hijacking or getting off track...no pun intended) but what do you guys wear for footwear to Nationals, especially a place like Millville that is extremely hilly? I love to watch from all over the place and put on some miles on race day. But it's a struggle at times getting traction walking around the place.

Have any of you guys ever tried some sort of spiked shoe (track, golf, soccer, baseball, football, etc.) and if so how did it work out? I was thinking track spikes might be the hot ticket (light, breathable, metal spikes for the hills) but I've never really spent any amount of time in a pair. They might work good for the hills and suck the rest of the time. Or is a a good old fashioned hiking boot/shoe the way to go? Opinions very much appreciated.
I love walking around and watching from every vantage point at the tracks.I used to have an old pair of low cut soft ball shoes with rubber spikes that I would wear at Unadilla and Red Bud. Anything with a agressive tread pattern works great. Just don't show up with a brand new pair of anything and end up blistering up your heals or toes!
Crush
7/8/2014 4:32am
interested to see what pourcel can do at millville- his ride there in 2010 was one of the best all season, great racing between him and...
interested to see what pourcel can do at millville- his ride there in 2010 was one of the best all season, great racing between him and canard that day!
Yep.

And obviously it is Martin's home track, but does everyone remember the pace Bagget had there in 2012.... HOLY SHIT! Without that weird crash that would have maybe been the most dominating ride of his year, he was fuckin flying!
7/8/2014 4:35am
interested to see what pourcel can do at millville- his ride there in 2010 was one of the best all season, great racing between him and...
Crush wrote:
Yep. And obviously it is Martin's home track, but does everyone remember the pace Bagget had there in 2012.... HOLY SHIT! Without that weird crash that...
Yep.

And obviously it is Martin's home track, but does everyone remember the pace Bagget had there in 2012.... HOLY SHIT! Without that weird crash that would have maybe been the most dominating ride of his year, he was fuckin flying!
the 250 class is going to get very interesting i think- obviously martin was off to a flying start but webb, pourcel, bogle and baggett all seem to be getting better as the series goes on. You wouldnt bet against martin at his home track though would you?!!!
Crush
7/8/2014 5:04am
You'd assume he'll be amazing there, but could go the other way. And regardless, Bagget was crazy this weekend too, I think he's still gonna pour it on.

Bogle has been awesome too, amazing what championship confidence and hard work does, he's killing it!
c_dub
7/8/2014 9:36am
I love walking around and watching from every vantage point at the tracks.I used to have an old pair of low cut soft ball shoes with...
I love walking around and watching from every vantage point at the tracks.I used to have an old pair of low cut soft ball shoes with rubber spikes that I would wear at Unadilla and Red Bud. Anything with a agressive tread pattern works great. Just don't show up with a brand new pair of anything and end up blistering up your heals or toes!
Thanks. And ditto with regards to the new shoes. I've just been scouring CL looking for a cheap used pair (of what exactly I dont know) to use at Millville and possibly Indiana.
Highsider
7/8/2014 9:44am
Keen hiking shoe. It's great for shortcuts through the creek, also.

7/16/2014 5:34am
dboivin wrote:
always a post about track changes each year...then race time its the same track...will see what shows up on saturday.
Any confirmation on the "Martins Mountain" track changes?
huck
7/16/2014 5:58am
MotoX85 wrote:
Rode up there a few years ago. The jumps are completely insane. Many are right into corners or ones that you have to turn in air. All are straight up and down...with ZERO room for coming up short.
Crush
7/16/2014 5:59am
MotoX85 wrote:
huck wrote:
Rode up there a few years ago. The jumps are completely insane. Many are right into corners or ones that you have to turn in air...
Rode up there a few years ago. The jumps are completely insane. Many are right into corners or ones that you have to turn in air. All are straight up and down...with ZERO room for coming up short.
ha! Like when you walk an SX track compared to your local course. You're just dumbfounded. Then I hear Aussie pros saying it's nothing to like when they goto the states.

The pros have some big balls man!
huck
7/16/2014 6:09am
MotoX85 wrote:
huck wrote:
Rode up there a few years ago. The jumps are completely insane. Many are right into corners or ones that you have to turn in air...
Crush wrote:
ha! Like when you walk an SX track compared to your local course. You're just dumbfounded. Then I hear Aussie pros saying it's nothing to like...
ha! Like when you walk an SX track compared to your local course. You're just dumbfounded. Then I hear Aussie pros saying it's nothing to like when they goto the states.

The pros have some big balls man!
I've walked and ridden (rolled) a SX track before. That shit on top of the hill at Millville makes a SX track seem easy!
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
7/17/2014 11:30am
c_dub wrote:
As Crush stated, I believe this is the section that was supposed to be ready last year but was not. Should be interesting. TV doesn't do...

Believe it or not, I have done many years in flip flops.....sounds stupid, but I have had a couple pair that were really comfortable and jsut said f...it and left the shoes in the truck. A couple years ago when it was rainy I went barefoot......kinda hillbilly style but what the f..k

dynohut
7/17/2014 3:54pm
Just loaded the family truckster up for a 04:30 launch to milleville from Denver in the morning! I am so happy that I am driving with my youngest son and not flying, heck I may drink an extra gatorade on I 80! he was there in 1994 playing in the creek in diapers with Mom all day when Dad pulled a two bike holeshot from the left side of the box in the vet expert class and pulled a top 5 on amature day. Now he is through collage and I tune his bike! Worked great at Lakewood a couple days ago with one more tooth on the rear sprocket, and NO I do not wear an orange helmet.

Post a reply to: Millville track changes–Sweet!

The Latest