Millville 450 Moto 2...WTF!

9/22/2020 4:52am
Iv really liked Jason & Grant this year. Grants insight is brilliant! I think its more the camera work that hasnt been up to scratch. Missing...
Iv really liked Jason & Grant this year. Grants insight is brilliant! I think its more the camera work that hasnt been up to scratch. Missing the start was poor & cutting over the racing for a prerecorded rider interview is pointless. I hate the gopro lap mid moto. & whats up with Will Christian this year? Half the time when shes talking the bike noise in the background is so loud you cant hear what she says & the other half time she gives no real insight at all. We want her to get over to the Kawi truck between motos & ask Tomac whats going on with him? Get to the honda truck & check in if Chase is banged up. Hows max after all his crashs, during the week off who done testing & what changes did they make? We need useful insider info!!!
Airick wrote:
I thought the media has some limit on access to the riders/pits? Would be hard to be a pit reporter if you can't get in the...
I thought the media has some limit on access to the riders/pits? Would be hard to be a pit reporter if you can't get in the pits.
Fair point that. Maybe she cant actually go & talk to any of the riders to find anything out.
MX47
9/22/2020 8:47am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2020 8:48am
I operated a small video production company for 10 years. Started out with stick and ball sports which is easy, just follow the ball for the most part. When we decided to do motor sports I studied footage as well as talked to other producers, cameramen, directors etc.

From that I found out the "rules" of motor sports production. The production company doing MX/SX break virtually every rule there is...constantly. But the one that gets to me the most, which unfortunately they also break the most , is too many close ups. If the camera is so close up that there is only bike in the picture, than you aren't watching a race....you are just watching a guy ride around a track. There has to be at least 2 bikes in the shot for it to be a race. I find myself screaming at the screen to zoom out the camera.

Oh, and that camera position at the top of the new step up before the collar bone where Broc Tickle crashed was possibly the worst placed I have ever seen.

Sorry for the rant, just very frustrated. It really isn't that hard to do it right if you do your homework.
Donkey Kong
9/22/2020 8:52am
If you're so moto that you post on Vital and you don't have the NBC gold pass, the problem is you. No commercials and non stop...
If you're so moto that you post on Vital and you don't have the NBC gold pass, the problem is you. No commercials and non stop coverage with NBC gold. The TV package sucks because the TV business model is out dated it will never change because it can't change.
gt80rider wrote:
You are either blind, you love paying for terrible products, or you are the type that supports all those Nigerian Princes that can't seem to transfer...
You are either blind, you love paying for terrible products, or you are the type that supports all those Nigerian Princes that can't seem to transfer 8 digits worth of cash to America without your personal help...................
I paid like 90 bucks and I got to watch every SX and MX race this year with zero commercials. If that's terrible I'd like to know what wouldn't be terrible.
peltier626
9/22/2020 8:53am
I have to agree with most that the coverage can be vastly improved upon. Someone with clout please pass the message on.

The Shop

tuttle425
9/22/2020 8:58am
If you're so moto that you post on Vital and you don't have the NBC gold pass, the problem is you. No commercials and non stop...
If you're so moto that you post on Vital and you don't have the NBC gold pass, the problem is you. No commercials and non stop coverage with NBC gold. The TV package sucks because the TV business model is out dated it will never change because it can't change.
gt80rider wrote:
You are either blind, you love paying for terrible products, or you are the type that supports all those Nigerian Princes that can't seem to transfer...
You are either blind, you love paying for terrible products, or you are the type that supports all those Nigerian Princes that can't seem to transfer 8 digits worth of cash to America without your personal help...................
I paid like 90 bucks and I got to watch every SX and MX race this year with zero commercials. If that's terrible I'd like to...
I paid like 90 bucks and I got to watch every SX and MX race this year with zero commercials. If that's terrible I'd like to know what wouldn't be terrible.
Terrible was having to wait three months and set your vcr for midnight and then realizing the next day that you only caught the first 15 minutes because the Stanley Cup playoffs went into overtime.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
9/22/2020 9:49am
Does anyone else think it was a little idiotic for Zack to not pull in and get a new front wheel put on?
And even if he didn't know where to go as I hear he said
Couldn't he have pulled in and asked ?
philG
9/22/2020 12:36pm
Paw Paw wrote:
I have to tell you that I think the guys in the booth are having a hard time calling these boring races. To me this series...
I have to tell you that I think the guys in the booth are having a hard time calling these boring races. To me this series has just become follow the leaders riding and not racing. In over 50 years in this sport, the racing is just not what it was for the previous decades.

Paw Paw
You must be watching different races to me, there have been some great 450 Moto's this year, if you would rather watch someone go 24-0 then have at it, but for me the fact that we have 3 top guys out, and nobody knows who is going to win, any given week, or even from one moto to the next, is what we have waited a long time for.
philG
9/22/2020 12:45pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Does anyone else think it was a little idiotic for Zack to not pull in and get a new front wheel put on? And even if...
Does anyone else think it was a little idiotic for Zack to not pull in and get a new front wheel put on?
And even if he didn't know where to go as I hear he said
Couldn't he have pulled in and asked ?
No, i reckon he replayed the shit fight that was Lorettas in his head, plus how long they took to do Andersons last time and figured he would chance it .

DA498
9/22/2020 6:11pm
DJBobbyD wrote:
I’m telling you guys that they should film the races, then edit (and only show the good stuff) then play it later the same day. The...
I’m telling you guys that they should film the races, then edit (and only show the good stuff) then play it later the same day. The show sucks because there is now way to capture a live race the way we want them to. Do a 2 hour show with both 250 & 450 moto’s but maybe edited down a little to fit. All the races from the 90’s to the 2000’s were done this way and it was way better.
It’s called the highlight reel. That’s all I watch. Sad, but true.
motomike137
9/22/2020 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2020 6:37pm
Paw Paw wrote:
I have to tell you that I think the guys in the booth are having a hard time calling these boring races. To me this series...
I have to tell you that I think the guys in the booth are having a hard time calling these boring races. To me this series has just become follow the leaders riding and not racing. In over 50 years in this sport, the racing is just not what it was for the previous decades.

Paw Paw
Towelly is that you?
LKHill
9/23/2020 10:26am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2020 10:29am
That was an absolute shit show. I did not have to re-watch to remember Should have been a 1 min. deal. Maybe they where giving him time to clear the cobwebs. He obviously hit his head.

Post a reply to: Millville 450 Moto 2...WTF!

The Latest