Millville 450 Moto 2...WTF!

Edited Date/Time 9/23/2020 10:29am
What was up with the TV coverage? They spent what felt like 7+ minutes following Zach Osborne around riding with a flat tire while there was an actual RACE going on that we'd actually like to see! Yes, it's bad ass how Zach salvaged points but damn...

Am i alone here? I was actually yelling at the TV "Show the fuckin race"

Bam Bam got 3rd overall and i dont think they even showed him in that 2nd 450 moto...

Oh, and missing the hole shot while they talk to Christian Craig...no big deal, who wants to see the hole shot. We'll just wait for them to replay it..in the middle of the race...

Sa'weet!

On a positive note, the racing has been awesome! Congrats to AC on a 1-1 victory.

Good to see the Woop Monster still at it

Also..thankful that there has been an outdoor national race series. Now lets keep our fingers crossed for 2021 SX!

www.motoxxx.com

www.instagram.com/motoxxxofficial
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
9/19/2020 11:31pm
I'm past getting worked up about the TV coverage...not worth it. With that said, we are in for a great last three rounds. AC is in a roll and has a real chance of nailing the championship. It's also damn tight in the 250 class....the friendship and respect is good between Dylan and JMart but someone is gonna have to pull the trigger at somepoint.

My pics for the championships are AC and Dylan.
ctbale
9/20/2020 1:34am
AND they dont need to do the go-pro track review while there is racing happening. Jesus man.
9/20/2020 1:38am
as awesome the racing is so far this season , looks like the coverage is getting worse with every race
even commentators replying sme over and over , used to like the 2 up there but they lost it a bit in my opinion

shame as for racing its one of best series ever , every week its awesome to watch
philG
9/20/2020 2:07am
3 guys in the booth doesnt work, especoally when one of them is Dungey.

Missing the race start was just a joke.

And what is the point of showing us the track when we have watched 3 races already.

Watching the speedway GP, they have the same issue, and the comms guys keep calling them out for it, showing starts from behind ( which they also did at Millvile) is SHIT.. directors think its all about them, and forget that we just want racing, not arty close ups.. Cameras need to be long shots so we can see what is happening.

As has been said , each week it gets worse.

The Shop

plowboy
9/20/2020 5:21am
I agree that the coverage was lacking but this is 2020...I don't know what's going on with the production crew. Key folks may be sick, quarantined, their houses on fire, flooded, blown away......pick a disaster.

I wish every rider had a go-pro and I could switch between any rider I wanted...live. Well, that and a boat load of money.Wink
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
9/20/2020 6:40am
They must of had the dunges mic turn down ...or he needs to speak up..I could barely hear him
Beeby
9/20/2020 7:00am
Pretty sure the go pro part is a sponsor commitment so we will always see it mid race.

Missing the start was crazy though, the 30 second board was up and they cut to a recorded segment. Madness
Motofinne
9/20/2020 7:23am
Same director in SX and oudoors.

It's a complete shambles. Simply not good enough.
dkurtd
9/20/2020 7:33am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2020 7:36am
Mugeneco wrote:
as awesome the racing is so far this season , looks like the coverage is getting worse with every race even commentators replying sme over and...
as awesome the racing is so far this season , looks like the coverage is getting worse with every race
even commentators replying sme over and over , used to like the 2 up there but they lost it a bit in my opinion

shame as for racing its one of best series ever , every week its awesome to watch
The problem with the commentators is they are stuck watching the same crappy production as us and can only comment on what they are seeing on their monitors.

Until NBC replaces the person calling the shots on the production then we are stuck.

OBTW: The qualifying broadcast is even worse, they followed the same rider around for 15 minutes of the qualifying sessions.
motomike137
9/20/2020 7:44am
Mugeneco wrote:
as awesome the racing is so far this season , looks like the coverage is getting worse with every race even commentators replying sme over and...

dkurtd wrote:
The problem with the commentators is they are stuck watching the same crappy production as us and can only comment on what they are seeing on...
The problem with the commentators is they are stuck watching the same crappy production as us and can only comment on what they are seeing on their monitors.

Until NBC replaces the person calling the shots on the production then we are stuck.

OBTW: The qualifying broadcast is even worse, they followed the same rider around for 15 minutes of the qualifying sessions.
Sorry but I'm not giving them a pass (no pun intended). At the very least I assume they are watching the very same thing I am watching and they fail to call the race. Go watch/listen to damn near any other form racing and tell me they are any good lately. I love the racing, it has been phenomenal this year but it is very frustrating watching this coverage.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
9/20/2020 7:46am
Mugeneco wrote:

dkurtd wrote:
The problem with the commentators is they are stuck watching the same crappy production as us and can only comment on what they are seeing on...

DC frequents these forums and I'm suprised that he has not chimed in....surely he has to pull to get shit straightened out.
Johnny Ringo
9/20/2020 8:00am
Dunge was pretty bad in the booth but commentating isn’t easy so I’ll give him a pass. He did get better in the 450 moto.

Missing the start and following wacko around at 10mph was ridiculous. I know he’s the points leader but at least have another frame on the leaders
9/20/2020 8:09am
Missing the start was brutal for sure. But when it comes to bitching about TV coverage, if it's not focused on getting rid of Ralph, I'm out.
tek14
9/20/2020 8:11am
They should take look how MXGP is done. How much u been drinking and smoking if you miss race start? We watched trees 10mins and when 30sec was out they started nonsense prerecorded bs that could have played on monday.
tek14
9/20/2020 8:13am
Dunge was pretty bad in the booth but commentating isn’t easy so I’ll give him a pass. He did get better in the 450 moto. Missing...
Dunge was pretty bad in the booth but commentating isn’t easy so I’ll give him a pass. He did get better in the 450 moto.

Missing the start and following wacko around at 10mph was ridiculous. I know he’s the points leader but at least have another frame on the leaders
We did watc his mechanics working on bike 15min at Lorettas... now flat.. what will ruin racing next rounds.. maybe show his wife eating nails..
Stuntman949
9/20/2020 8:22am
"And while we were checking in with Christian Craig, a race has started"
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
9/20/2020 8:30am
Did I hear Weigandt ask dunge a question or something.....and the dunge was...not
There?
9/20/2020 8:33am
Iv really liked Jason & Grant this year. Grants insight is brilliant! I think its more the camera work that hasnt been up to scratch. Missing the start was poor & cutting over the racing for a prerecorded rider interview is pointless. I hate the gopro lap mid moto. & whats up with Will Christian this year? Half the time when shes talking the bike noise in the background is so loud you cant hear what she says & the other half time she gives no real insight at all. We want her to get over to the Kawi truck between motos & ask Tomac whats going on with him? Get to the honda truck & check in if Chase is banged up. Hows max after all his crashs, during the week off who done testing & what changes did they make? We need useful insider info!!!
brocster
9/20/2020 8:36am
I thought the gold pass was going to be the live, raw, un edited version of the broadcast for paying subscribers but it is quickly becoming the regular broadcast. They are cutting to bullshit while the race is happening and we get to,stare at a sill cam of the track while they are cutting to bullshit for the regular channel. If it’s going to be two broadcasts cutting to bullshit, one I pay for and the other I don’t, at least compile your bullshit for both channels in one spot and show the “race” and not the off track “drama”
9/20/2020 8:52am
Iv really liked Jason & Grant this year. Grants insight is brilliant! I think its more the camera work that hasnt been up to scratch. Missing...
Iv really liked Jason & Grant this year. Grants insight is brilliant! I think its more the camera work that hasnt been up to scratch. Missing the start was poor & cutting over the racing for a prerecorded rider interview is pointless. I hate the gopro lap mid moto. & whats up with Will Christian this year? Half the time when shes talking the bike noise in the background is so loud you cant hear what she says & the other half time she gives no real insight at all. We want her to get over to the Kawi truck between motos & ask Tomac whats going on with him? Get to the honda truck & check in if Chase is banged up. Hows max after all his crashs, during the week off who done testing & what changes did they make? We need useful insider info!!!
The whole broadcast had a short staffed "oh dear, a couple of guys called in sick this morning so we're just going to wing it the best we can" vibe. GL was fantastic given what little he had to work with, but Weege and Dungey seemed very distracted, and Will was just phoning it in. It was way worse than usual so that's my theory.
kpiper
9/20/2020 8:55am
I don't think NBC cares a whole lot to get it right.

We are lucky we have TV coverage though. I remember the days of waiting until Thursday to even find out what happened at the race.
tuttle425
9/20/2020 9:30am
Mugeneco wrote:

dkurtd wrote:

Boomslang wrote:
DC frequents these forums and I'm suprised that he has not chimed in....surely he has to pull to get shit straightened out.
I was watching the Chad Reed Whiskey Throttle episode and he mentioned that NBC chipped in some money which helped the nationals to even be able to run this year. If that’s true DC doesn’t really have any moves he can make and we should all be really grateful for NBC. And, yes, the coverage is cable access level terrible.
LKHill
9/20/2020 9:42am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2020 9:55am
tuttle425 wrote:
I was watching the Chad Reed Whiskey Throttle episode and he mentioned that NBC chipped in some money which helped the nationals to even be able...
I was watching the Chad Reed Whiskey Throttle episode and he mentioned that NBC chipped in some money which helped the nationals to even be able to run this year. If that’s true DC doesn’t really have any moves he can make and we should all be really grateful for NBC. And, yes, the coverage is cable access level terrible.
Your kidding right? The only reason NBC "chipped in" was so the didn't have to refund money on the gold pass and TV sponsors. The fact they are throwing the bottom of the barrel at the fans should tell you all you need to know about them.
tuttle425
9/20/2020 10:30am
tuttle425 wrote:
I was watching the Chad Reed Whiskey Throttle episode and he mentioned that NBC chipped in some money which helped the nationals to even be able...
LKHill wrote:
Your kidding right? The only reason NBC "chipped in" was so the didn't have to refund money on the gold pass and TV sponsors. The fact...
Your kidding right? The only reason NBC "chipped in" was so the didn't have to refund money on the gold pass and TV sponsors. The fact they are throwing the bottom of the barrel at the fans should tell you all you need to know about them.
So you’re saying nbc only did it to help their bottom line? Golly shucks, good to know. Look, whatever their reason, they did it and if you believe Chad Reed they are a big reason we have nationals racing this year at all.

Btw, news flash, motocross is a bottom of the barrel sport. Are you expecting nbc to give us the Sunday night football crew?
LKHill
9/20/2020 10:38am
tuttle425 wrote:
So you’re saying nbc only did it to help their bottom line? Golly shucks, good to know. Look, whatever their reason, they did it and if...
So you’re saying nbc only did it to help their bottom line? Golly shucks, good to know. Look, whatever their reason, they did it and if you believe Chad Reed they are a big reason we have nationals racing this year at all.

Btw, news flash, motocross is a bottom of the barrel sport. Are you expecting nbc to give us the Sunday night football crew?
They are the only reason we have it this year. The promoters are DOA. They basically hijacked the sport a few years ago and have done us no favors so they will get no love from me.
motofab36
9/20/2020 10:56am
tuttle425 wrote:
So you’re saying nbc only did it to help their bottom line? Golly shucks, good to know. Look, whatever their reason, they did it and if...

Since this is the only sport I follow, yes, that is exactly what I would like them to doWink
TeamGreen
9/20/2020 11:14am
I had no problem watching ZachO trying to complete the Moto...or watching Adam CRUSH IT...or watching Blake "Go for it"...
philG
9/20/2020 11:16am
i feel for Weege and GL, you can only talk about what is on screen.. when you can see whats going on on the timing at the side , it sucks , especially when they miss it.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/20/2020 11:18am
philG wrote:
3 guys in the booth doesnt work, especoally when one of them is Dungey. Missing the race start was just a joke. And what is the...
3 guys in the booth doesnt work, especoally when one of them is Dungey.

Missing the race start was just a joke.

And what is the point of showing us the track when we have watched 3 races already.

Watching the speedway GP, they have the same issue, and the comms guys keep calling them out for it, showing starts from behind ( which they also did at Millvile) is SHIT.. directors think its all about them, and forget that we just want racing, not arty close ups.. Cameras need to be long shots so we can see what is happening.

As has been said , each week it gets worse.

I know there was a problem in the TV truck that prevented them from showing that moto start.
face biter
9/20/2020 11:25am
You have to admit, some of the lap times Osborne was able to put in with a flat front tire were pretty impressive.

Post a reply to: Millville 450 Moto 2...WTF!

The Latest