Millsaps, some questions answered

machine
Edited Date/Time 7/1/2015 9:56am
|
Grieby54
6/29/2015 9:46am
He's been gone from Kawi for over two months now, and he's saying he's not at the races because he hasn't received the parts he ordered? I could be off base here, but I'm not buying that.
davistld01
6/29/2015 9:49am
Grieby54 wrote:
He's been gone from Kawi for over two months now, and he's saying he's not at the races because he hasn't received the parts he ordered...
He's been gone from Kawi for over two months now, and he's saying he's not at the races because he hasn't received the parts he ordered? I could be off base here, but I'm not buying that.
My "bogus light" went off too when I heard that. I could def be wrong, but...if you want to be there more than anything, especially with his connections...you'll be there.
Motofinne
I will not listen to that, Millsaps has zero credibility in my opinion. The words that come from him means so little.
Xeno
He also mentioned riding with Martin Davalos. Which made me wonder, "were is Davalos?" Is he not racing the nationals, or is he injured?
Not trying to bash the guy, just curious.

The Shop

Starcrossed
6/29/2015 9:58am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 9:59am
Xeno wrote:
He also mentioned riding with Martin Davalos. Which made me wonder, "were is Davalos?" Is he not racing the nationals, or is he injured? Not trying...
He also mentioned riding with Martin Davalos. Which made me wonder, "were is Davalos?" Is he not racing the nationals, or is he injured?
Not trying to bash the guy, just curious.
Davalos is the other Epstein Barr victim. No harm in giving Davi the benefit of the doubt again...let's see if he shows up at Red Bud. Doesn't sound like the footing with Suzuki is that solid. C'mon man.
mxb2
6/29/2015 10:44am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Top 5? He may be dreaming
x2, sounds like a video of excuses. with his $$ and resources, waiting 2 months for parts is comical and insulting the fans intelligience.
machine
6/29/2015 10:46am
kkawboy14 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
x2, sounds like a video of excuses. with his $$ and resources, waiting 2 months for parts is comical and insulting the fans intelligience.
back order?...Grinning
mxb2
6/29/2015 10:53am
kkawboy14 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
machine wrote:
back order?...Grinning
GrinningGrinningGrinning
kkawboy14
6/29/2015 10:57am
mxb2 wrote:
machine wrote:
back order?...Grinning
mxb2 wrote:
GrinningGrinningGrinning
He said he has 1 bike done.....I guess he needs more than that to race for top 5 :0)
downard254
6/29/2015 11:13am
Didn't that one kid run top 10 last weekend on a near stock 2 stroke. Come on Davey, man up and get out there.
kkawboy14
6/29/2015 11:19am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 11:20am
The Epstein–Barr virus (EBV), also called human herpesvirus 4 (HHV-4), is one of eight viruses in the herpes family, and is one of the most common viruses in humans.
Infection with EBV occurs by the oral transfer of saliva[8] and genital secretions.

Why are so many motocrossers getting this?
downard254
6/29/2015 11:26am
kkawboy14 wrote:
The Epstein–Barr virus (EBV), also called human herpesvirus 4 (HHV-4), is one of eight viruses in the herpes family, and is one of the most common...
The Epstein–Barr virus (EBV), also called human herpesvirus 4 (HHV-4), is one of eight viruses in the herpes family, and is one of the most common viruses in humans.
Infection with EBV occurs by the oral transfer of saliva[8] and genital secretions.

They're all horn dogs
6/29/2015 11:29am
Coleen was right all along.
T.Page wrote:
What did she say?
She sort of disagreed with the him... thought he was not serious, wasting his talent. They didn't speak to each other for years, still might not be speaking. Some other things he did early on she didn't agree with... like chasing and eventually marrying Miss Supercross.

Looks like mama knows best in the long run. i'm summarizing it, but that is the general gist of that whole situation.
Starcrossed
6/29/2015 11:34am
kkawboy14 wrote:
The Epstein–Barr virus (EBV), also called human herpesvirus 4 (HHV-4), is one of eight viruses in the herpes family, and is one of the most common...

Who else beside these two? I seem to recall another rider out with EB also...was it Tonus? It's not cited in the injury report for him.
6/29/2015 11:41am
kkawboy14 wrote:

Who else beside these two? I seem to recall another rider out with EB also...was it Tonus? It's not cited in the injury report for him.
Reed, the Kawasaki year.
machine
6/29/2015 11:42am
kkawboy14 wrote:

Not much is known about the disease, other than it seems to disproportionately attack factory riders whose race results have recently suffered.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
6/29/2015 11:42am
Ok, so didn't Shorty lose his ride a few years back, go buy a stock Honda out of his own pocket off a showroom floor, put on an exhaust and an aftermarket suspension (basically, parts any of us could get) and made the next race and not change his overall finishing position? Milsaps saying he is waiting on parts is BS. Just like any sport- athletes need to have "can do" and "want to". Milsaps has the "can do" but ain't got the "want to".
IWreckALot
6/29/2015 11:46am
kkawboy14 wrote:

Tonus was out for blood related illness. Can't recall exactly what.
mxb2
6/29/2015 11:53am
Sipes did pretty good on a husky at hi point, didnt have any excuses, sipes is a racer, milsaps is a drama queen.
Sully22
6/29/2015 12:09pm
DM has made a career of giving excuses, but he must say the right things behind closed doors, during meetings, and phone calls with managers, sponsors, and the shot callers to keep getting these opportunities (now dwindling) over and over. One things for sure, he bros down with all the right people in the media so he's always received positive coverage, and no one has ever really called him on his BS,or asked him about it, at least not seriously. Some interviews may have glossed over things and maybe nibbled around the corners, but no one has ever asked him seriously about his BS over the years.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
6/29/2015 12:38pm
Giving the benefit of the doubt, Davi could be one of those guys who do better NOT hammering out lap after lap. Guys like Ken Roczen, TP199 and KDUB all rode better not stressing out and doing their own thing including just riding for fun. Colleen may be a good trainer but from what ive seen she can be militant which doesnt work for some people, plus she is his mom and not the type of person he needs to train him.

as far as parts go occasionally i hear of guys having problems with this. The 2006 rockstar bills pipe team had many issues getting parts for their 250s. being in the middle of the season and trying to start something that will be competitive can be hard. it wouldnt be unreasonable to decide to stay out until everything is ready instead of jumping in early on equipment that isnt ready and fighting the bike.

with that being said someone hungry enough would just get out there.

as far as Davalos, Epstein barr typically results from the body being worn down and the immune system being compromised. it results in being exhausted all the time. Not that you cant ride but youll always be tired. Reed had it, Ferry had it along with many others
Xracerdone
6/29/2015 12:38pm
Sully22 wrote:
DM has made a career of giving excuses, but he must say the right things behind closed doors, during meetings, and phone calls with managers, sponsors...
DM has made a career of giving excuses, but he must say the right things behind closed doors, during meetings, and phone calls with managers, sponsors, and the shot callers to keep getting these opportunities (now dwindling) over and over. One things for sure, he bros down with all the right people in the media so he's always received positive coverage, and no one has ever really called him on his BS,or asked him about it, at least not seriously. Some interviews may have glossed over things and maybe nibbled around the corners, but no one has ever asked him seriously about his BS over the years.
That's because all of the magazine guys are fan boys who gush over the pros like little girls. The ones who aren't know they'll be barred for spilling hidden secrets from all the camps once it gets around. All of these interviews are fluff pieces in this sport
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
6/29/2015 12:45pm
machine wrote:
Not much is known about the disease, other than it seems to disproportionately attack factory riders whose race results have recently suffered.
Grinning
newmann
6/29/2015 12:46pm
machine wrote:
LaughingLaughing
davistld01
6/29/2015 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 12:54pm
Sad that DM has gone from his great riding and everybody talking about "comeback" and all back in 2013, to two short years later the vast majority are basically calling him a loser. Not saying that the "back order" statement didn't raise an eyebrow with me...but, damn. Can we give the guy a little break?

This just came to me...do you think Millsaps is playing the "waiting game" hoping that someone will have an opening at the end of the season and that he can get a better ride that way? He'd be all relaxed and chill going into the off-season, and probably a lot fresher come A1.
Whip
Fantasy
3248th
6/29/2015 12:57pm
machine wrote:
Now THAT is funny Laughing

Post a reply to: Millsaps, some questions answered

The Latest