Millsaps retirement

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2018 3:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2018 3:03 PM

I was rewatching Anaheim one race and barcia is out front leading the heat and they mention he is filling in for millsaps as he recovers from injury for next 3 to 4 weeks and then bam he retires.

I wonder if there were some behind the scenes team reasons for it? Just very odd. News travels fast in this sport but dissapears even faster.

I also seen how Webb and barcia about cleaned out 4 or 5 riders during that heat. Lol.

What do you guys think about millsaps very sudden retirement? Barely made any news around here or any details.

|

4/1/2018 3:03 PM

I read his head injury was really bad, and another concussion would make racing again not worth it

|

4/1/2018 3:19 PM

level wrote:

I was rewatching Anaheim one race and barcia is out front leading the heat and they mention he is filling in for millsaps as he recovers from injury for next 3 to 4 weeks and then bam he retires.

I wonder if there were some behind the scenes team reasons for it? Just very odd. News travels fast in this sport but dissapears even faster.

I also seen how Webb and barcia about cleaned out 4 or 5 riders during that heat. Lol.

What do you guys think about millsaps very sudden retirement? Barely made any news around here or any details.

There was a bunch of interviews and news surrounding his retirement.

Basically the doctor said his head is too fragile and another head injury could have serious ramifications.

|

4/1/2018 3:23 PM

Maybe he had “career-ending” insurance in place and he had to wait for medical results that could prove he wasn’t able to race at a professional level anymore.

Maybe he was also trying to maximize the payments from his Yamaha contract- I know I would.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno


Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com


4/1/2018 3:54 PM

Aww. Gotcha. I didn’t know that about the head injury. Guess I didn’t dig deep enough into the news of his retirement and why or I just missed it. Thanks. That’s a good reason to retire for sure.

|

4/1/2018 3:56 PM

level wrote:

I was rewatching Anaheim one race and barcia is out front leading the heat and they mention he is filling in for millsaps as he recovers from injury for next 3 to 4 weeks and then bam he retires.

I wonder if there were some behind the scenes team reasons for it? Just very odd. News travels fast in this sport but dissapears even faster.

I also seen how Webb and barcia about cleaned out 4 or 5 riders during that heat. Lol.

What do you guys think about millsaps very sudden retirement? Barely made any news around here or any details.

Speaking to a person or two in the know at Anaheim II and they were pretty certain then that millsaps wouldn't be racing again.

The decision wasn't a sudden one I'm sure.

|

4/1/2018 3:56 PM


I know him, I not is best friend buy I was with him on the NJ supercross weekend and he told me 2018 will be his last try that he was racing and making money since he was 12 years old and that he was done, he was to fix his wrist and give it his all for the last time

saddly the injury ruined his plans
|

4/1/2018 4:25 PM

level wrote:

Aww. Gotcha. I didn’t know that about the head injury. Guess I didn’t dig deep enough into the news of his retirement and why or I just missed it. Thanks. That’s a good reason to retire for sure.

He was knocked out for about 7-8 minutes, he experienced some pretty gnarly trauma from that and was recommended to stop racing by his doctors.

|

4/1/2018 5:13 PM

Yamaha and Davi knew he was retiring shortly after that crash. A lot of things have to happen concerning contracts, sponors that sign on because of that rider and insurance policies before a rider will say he is retiring.

|

4/1/2018 5:20 PM

Milsaps' doctors told him to stop racing professionally and would not clear him to compete.

|

4/1/2018 7:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2018 7:14 PM

If his brain is toast we may never find out what was in that locker!

|

4/2/2018 12:56 AM

out of curiosity was he still wearing Arai helmets or had he changed this year?

|

4/2/2018 3:27 AM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

If his brain is toast we may never find out what was in that locker!

It was already said. Toradol without a prescription.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/2/2018 5:21 AM

Mr Millsaps,
A drool bib at your age is not worth the risk no matter how much you love me ...

Best Rregards
Motocross

|

4/2/2018 7:25 AM

hes been thru the ringer ....if memory serves me correct dident he lose a kidney a few years ago in a racing accident? time to try and enjoy life ...

|

4/2/2018 4:24 PM

Photo

|