Millsaps in for the USGP

TeamGreen
9/1/2015 2:32pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wow...some of the Nay-Saying and Shit-Talk is getting to be just...well... It's sad; because, some of you are just F'ing stupid...or worse... 1. Davi ain't getting...
Wow...some of the Nay-Saying and Shit-Talk is getting to be just...well...

It's sad; because, some of you are just F'ing stupid...or worse...

1. Davi ain't getting paid. He gets paid when he produces. PERIOD.

2. I, too, was one of those that was "put out" by his no-show during '13.5-14; however, I've recently learned just how bad his physical state was at that time...pain and infections...secondary surgeries where none was planned...then the broken foot as soon as he got on the KTM...etc., etc., etc. I was personally invested in this; because, I was part of the "brain-trust" that was adamant about choosing him over the other rider... or two ...that were being considered back in the Summer of 2012. During the 2013 SX season I felt like a genius! After that...not so much...& I, too, was getting annoyed.

3. Then the Kawaaki drama and the fact that he rode thru a back injury that only made his '15 SX Season worse...much worse than if he'd taken 2-3 races off...But! He was already VERY AWARE of his rep as DAVI-NO-SHOW. So, he kept riding...& we know how that went...

4. Now? If the guy doesn't race, ASS HOLES talk shit!

5. Now? If the guy DOES race, ASS HOLES talk shit!

6. He's currently on a Team where he wears all the Team's brands (the Team's sponsors/NOT his) and doesn't get paid squat UNLESS HE GETS RESULTS! He jokes that he's "Volunteering". I tell him, "Get it right! You're 'Investing' in yourself & that's going to make all the difference...when you realize it for yourself!"

7. He IS NOT OBLIGATED TO RACE BEFORE THE MONSTER CUP.

8. The upside: if I'm reading him correctly...he's doing this race with purpose and intent. He's going to show his cards. He WAS getting fully focused on Supercross. He WAS setting his sights on the MEC. Funny thing, though: now that he's healed, now that he feels "nothing is in his way", now that he's with a Team and Management that says, "What do YOU need? Which fork do YOU prefer? What setting is working best for YOU?" Now that he has all that? He's got a very "Let's Do This!" mind-set.

9. Forrest and Roger aren't stupid.

10. Stop being a bunch of Ass Holes (the Nay-Sayers and Shit-Talkers amongst you) & find some positive thoughts on the subject.

Me? I want ALL of our boys to kick ass at Glen Helen. Deano, Christophe, Marvin...etc. They, too, are "our boys"...to me.
davistld01 wrote:
I think it's best situation he's ever been in as far as a contract is concerned. Davi is having to "earn what he's worth". No silver...
I think it's best situation he's ever been in as far as a contract is concerned. Davi is having to "earn what he's worth". No silver platter. No fat guarantee. If he produces...he earns money. If he doesn't...he doesn't. It doesn't get any more fair than that. He should be plenty motivated by a team that genuinely wants him to succeed, and are not afraid to put him on a machine that is set up for him...not their star rider a year ago. I think it's a winning deal for everybody.

Hope Davi makes BTO...and HIMSELF happy with the choice.
I concur
HenryA
9/1/2015 2:35pm
DPR250R wrote:
[img]https://images58.fotki.com/v513/photos/1/1498941/7442120/read_delivers_ups_chick_amazon-vi.jpg[/img]
Man I really hope that she delivers Davi's parts in time
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
9/1/2015 2:37pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wow...some of the Nay-Saying and Shit-Talk is getting to be just...well... It's sad; because, some of you are just F'ing stupid...or worse... 1. Davi ain't getting...
Wow...some of the Nay-Saying and Shit-Talk is getting to be just...well...

It's sad; because, some of you are just F'ing stupid...or worse...

1. Davi ain't getting paid. He gets paid when he produces. PERIOD.

2. I, too, was one of those that was "put out" by his no-show during '13.5-14; however, I've recently learned just how bad his physical state was at that time...pain and infections...secondary surgeries where none was planned...then the broken foot as soon as he got on the KTM...etc., etc., etc. I was personally invested in this; because, I was part of the "brain-trust" that was adamant about choosing him over the other rider... or two ...that were being considered back in the Summer of 2012. During the 2013 SX season I felt like a genius! After that...not so much...& I, too, was getting annoyed.

3. Then the Kawaaki drama and the fact that he rode thru a back injury that only made his '15 SX Season worse...much worse than if he'd taken 2-3 races off...But! He was already VERY AWARE of his rep as DAVI-NO-SHOW. So, he kept riding...& we know how that went...

4. Now? If the guy doesn't race, ASS HOLES talk shit!

5. Now? If the guy DOES race, ASS HOLES talk shit!

6. He's currently on a Team where he wears all the Team's brands (the Team's sponsors/NOT his) and doesn't get paid squat UNLESS HE GETS RESULTS! He jokes that he's "Volunteering". I tell him, "Get it right! You're 'Investing' in yourself & that's going to make all the difference...when you realize it for yourself!"

7. He IS NOT OBLIGATED TO RACE BEFORE THE MONSTER CUP.

8. The upside: if I'm reading him correctly...he's doing this race with purpose and intent. He's going to show his cards. He WAS getting fully focused on Supercross. He WAS setting his sights on the MEC. Funny thing, though: now that he's healed, now that he feels "nothing is in his way", now that he's with a Team and Management that says, "What do YOU need? Which fork do YOU prefer? What setting is working best for YOU?" Now that he has all that? He's got a very "Let's Do This!" mind-set.

9. Forrest and Roger aren't stupid.

10. Stop being a bunch of Ass Holes (the Nay-Sayers and Shit-Talkers amongst you) & find some positive thoughts on the subject.

Me? I want ALL of our boys to kick ass at Glen Helen. Deano, Christophe, Marvin...etc. They, too, are "our boys"...to me.
davistld01 wrote:
I think it's best situation he's ever been in as far as a contract is concerned. Davi is having to "earn what he's worth". No silver...
I think it's best situation he's ever been in as far as a contract is concerned. Davi is having to "earn what he's worth". No silver platter. No fat guarantee. If he produces...he earns money. If he doesn't...he doesn't. It doesn't get any more fair than that. He should be plenty motivated by a team that genuinely wants him to succeed, and are not afraid to put him on a machine that is set up for him...not their star rider a year ago. I think it's a winning deal for everybody.

Hope Davi makes BTO...and HIMSELF happy with the choice.
TeamGreen wrote:
I concur
I think Davi can do pretty well this season if he stays healthy. Short had a pretty good season, seems like BTO has a great bike.

The Shop

jeffro503
9/1/2015 2:53pm
Well said Manny. Sorry if my reply was one of the ones that ticked you. We as fans get left in the dark on a lot of issues , so we're left to " assume " most everything most of the time. Seems it's the nature of this board to throw riders and teams under the bus on certain things. So if my post came across that way I apologize.
TeamGreen
9/1/2015 4:20pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Well said Manny. Sorry if my reply was one of the ones that ticked you. We as fans get left in the dark on a lot...
Well said Manny. Sorry if my reply was one of the ones that ticked you. We as fans get left in the dark on a lot of issues , so we're left to " assume " most everything most of the time. Seems it's the nature of this board to throw riders and teams under the bus on certain things. So if my post came across that way I apologize.
No worries...

I can jus' tell that there's a few Negative Nancy's that sling shit without any appreciation or any real background on what's really gone down.

I now, I've been one of them, before.
PressPassP
9/2/2015 12:38am
If he shows, I'm predicting 24-38 finishes. Stamp it!
I think Luongo would be stoked if Davi got a 38th... Because when was the last time they had 38 riders on the gate for a...
I think Luongo would be stoked if Davi got a 38th...

Because when was the last time they had 38 riders on the gate for a GP?!?

While i understand the sentiment its ok if they're all guys of a certain standard,with due respect there were a lot looking like traffic cones at the Assen GP, politics eh

Good on Milsaps for getting the best possible practice in though,

Post a reply to: Millsaps in for the USGP

The Latest