Millsaps in for the USGP

bob567
Edited Date/Time 9/2/2015 12:38am
This could go either way but you have to respect Millsaps for making his return at the USGP!
|
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
8/31/2015 6:35pm
Best of luck to him, putting him 14th overall, I don't know why, just sounds like a good spot for him...
jloucks742
8/31/2015 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 7:03pm
DPR250R wrote:
[img]https://images58.fotki.com/v513/photos/1/1498941/7442120/read_delivers_ups_chick_amazon-vi.jpg[/img]
I honestly thought that was a parts unlimited box up top. Not that I was looking at the boxes I just noticed...
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
8/31/2015 7:12pm
No wonder Davi was waiting for his parts to show up . I am placing my order now

The Shop

Starcrossed
8/31/2015 7:30pm
Hell yeah, it would be awesome to see Davi racing the GP. Is this something that has been officially announced? Is there a pre-entry list that we can view at this point?
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
8/31/2015 7:36pm
Early September fools joke? If he is good for him, need more US riders participating but will believe it when I see it...
jeffro503
8/31/2015 7:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 7:43pm
If this actually happens , well , I guess pigs do fly and hell has officially frozen over! I'll believe it when I see it.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
8/31/2015 7:56pm
Yawn
51xc
8/31/2015 8:39pm
bob567 wrote:
This could go either way but you have to respect Millsaps for making his return at the USGP!
sure it was millsaps decision? with dungey not racing im sure ktm wants another top guy in there. if he can live up to that is a different story. he could surprise.
Getndome
8/31/2015 10:11pm
Maybe he's diggin the bike this time around and it was his decision that would be cool
9/1/2015 12:47am
Can't they practice at GH?

Good to see him back, glad to see this happen whether it's his or the teams decision.
kkawboy14
9/1/2015 5:02am
"For those who have been wondering when Davi Millsaps will make his return to racing, the answer is the USGP on September 20. Davi has been a SoCal tetsing his new BTO KTM 450SXF for several weeks. He will make his 2015 outdoor debut and his first race on a KTM on September 20 at the United States Grand Prix."

this could be good or......
Ing
9/1/2015 6:37am
Meh, not excited.
mb60
9/1/2015 6:56am
Why do we have to give respect or props to him for riding the GP ? I'm sure his contract kicked in September 1st and he is healthy so why not ride what his employer is paying him to ride for ? We saw that he would not ride when nobody was giving him a paycheck.
mx836
9/1/2015 8:46am
mb60 wrote:
Why do we have to give respect or props to him for riding the GP ? I'm sure his contract kicked in September 1st and he...
Why do we have to give respect or props to him for riding the GP ? I'm sure his contract kicked in September 1st and he is healthy so why not ride what his employer is paying him to ride for ? We saw that he would not ride when nobody was giving him a paycheck.
Same old shit. Probably not even in his contract that he has to do the GP, but keep talking crap anyway. And how many days would you show up to your job spending thousands without any income?
TeamGreen
9/1/2015 9:14am
Wow...some of the Nay-Saying and Shit-Talk is getting to be just...well...

It's sad; because, some of you are just F'ing stupid...or worse...

1. Davi ain't getting paid. He gets paid when he produces. PERIOD.

2. I, too, was one of those that was "put out" by his no-show during '13.5-14; however, I've recently learned just how bad his physical state was at that time...pain and infections...secondary surgeries where none was planned...then the broken foot as soon as he got on the KTM...etc., etc., etc. I was personally invested in this; because, I was part of the "brain-trust" that was adamant about choosing him over the other rider... or two ...that were being considered back in the Summer of 2012. During the 2013 SX season I felt like a genius! After that...not so much...& I, too, was getting annoyed.

3. Then the Kawaaki drama and the fact that he rode thru a back injury that only made his '15 SX Season worse...much worse than if he'd taken 2-3 races off...But! He was already VERY AWARE of his rep as DAVI-NO-SHOW. So, he kept riding...& we know how that went...

4. Now? If the guy doesn't race, ASS HOLES talk shit!

5. Now? If the guy DOES race, ASS HOLES talk shit!

6. He's currently on a Team where he wears all the Team's brands (the Team's sponsors/NOT his) and doesn't get paid squat UNLESS HE GETS RESULTS! He jokes that he's "Volunteering". I tell him, "Get it right! You're 'Investing' in yourself & that's going to make all the difference...when you realize it for yourself!"

7. He IS NOT OBLIGATED TO RACE BEFORE THE MONSTER CUP.

8. The upside: if I'm reading him correctly...he's doing this race with purpose and intent. He's going to show his cards. He WAS getting fully focused on Supercross. He WAS setting his sights on the MEC. Funny thing, though: now that he's healed, now that he feels "nothing is in his way", now that he's with a Team and Management that says, "What do YOU need? Which fork do YOU prefer? What setting is working best for YOU?" Now that he has all that? He's got a very "Let's Do This!" mind-set.

9. Forrest and Roger aren't stupid.

10. Stop being a bunch of Ass Holes (the Nay-Sayers and Shit-Talkers amongst you) & find some positive thoughts on the subject.

Me? I want ALL of our boys to kick ass at Glen Helen. Deano, Christophe, Marvin...etc. They, too, are "our boys"...to me.
9/1/2015 10:02am
I say a top 10 would be respectable given the circumstances.

Don't be surprised if he decides not to pay the extra $10 to get his gear shipped second day air though. Whistling
9/1/2015 11:08am
If he shows, I'm predicting 24-38 finishes. Stamp it!
I think Luongo would be stoked if Davi got a 38th...

Because when was the last time they had 38 riders on the gate for a GP?!?

mb60
9/1/2015 11:25am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2015 11:26am
mb60 wrote:
Why do we have to give respect or props to him for riding the GP ? I'm sure his contract kicked in September 1st and he...
mx836 wrote:
Same old shit. Probably not even in his contract that he has to do the GP, but keep talking crap anyway. And how many days would...
Same old shit. Probably not even in his contract that he has to do the GP, but keep talking crap anyway. And how many days would you show up to your job spending thousands without any income?
Mx836 I'm a fan of Millsaps or was a fan until he just seems to good to ride for a check. But he really showed his true

colors on the Trans World video saying he could not ride unless they paid him . I'm not a fan of the guys who are to lazy or to good to get in a Van and go on there own dime.

Good luck to him at the GP but he is being paid by BTO now go get it.
9/1/2015 12:53pm
I think Luongo would be stoked if Davi got a 38th... Because when was the last time they had 38 riders on the gate for a...

Excellent point !

Laughing
RG1
9/1/2015 12:58pm
I think Luongo would be stoked if Davi got a 38th... Because when was the last time they had 38 riders on the gate for a...

davistld01
9/1/2015 2:20pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wow...some of the Nay-Saying and Shit-Talk is getting to be just...well... It's sad; because, some of you are just F'ing stupid...or worse... 1. Davi ain't getting...
Wow...some of the Nay-Saying and Shit-Talk is getting to be just...well...

It's sad; because, some of you are just F'ing stupid...or worse...

1. Davi ain't getting paid. He gets paid when he produces. PERIOD.

2. I, too, was one of those that was "put out" by his no-show during '13.5-14; however, I've recently learned just how bad his physical state was at that time...pain and infections...secondary surgeries where none was planned...then the broken foot as soon as he got on the KTM...etc., etc., etc. I was personally invested in this; because, I was part of the "brain-trust" that was adamant about choosing him over the other rider... or two ...that were being considered back in the Summer of 2012. During the 2013 SX season I felt like a genius! After that...not so much...& I, too, was getting annoyed.

3. Then the Kawaaki drama and the fact that he rode thru a back injury that only made his '15 SX Season worse...much worse than if he'd taken 2-3 races off...But! He was already VERY AWARE of his rep as DAVI-NO-SHOW. So, he kept riding...& we know how that went...

4. Now? If the guy doesn't race, ASS HOLES talk shit!

5. Now? If the guy DOES race, ASS HOLES talk shit!

6. He's currently on a Team where he wears all the Team's brands (the Team's sponsors/NOT his) and doesn't get paid squat UNLESS HE GETS RESULTS! He jokes that he's "Volunteering". I tell him, "Get it right! You're 'Investing' in yourself & that's going to make all the difference...when you realize it for yourself!"

7. He IS NOT OBLIGATED TO RACE BEFORE THE MONSTER CUP.

8. The upside: if I'm reading him correctly...he's doing this race with purpose and intent. He's going to show his cards. He WAS getting fully focused on Supercross. He WAS setting his sights on the MEC. Funny thing, though: now that he's healed, now that he feels "nothing is in his way", now that he's with a Team and Management that says, "What do YOU need? Which fork do YOU prefer? What setting is working best for YOU?" Now that he has all that? He's got a very "Let's Do This!" mind-set.

9. Forrest and Roger aren't stupid.

10. Stop being a bunch of Ass Holes (the Nay-Sayers and Shit-Talkers amongst you) & find some positive thoughts on the subject.

Me? I want ALL of our boys to kick ass at Glen Helen. Deano, Christophe, Marvin...etc. They, too, are "our boys"...to me.
I think it's best situation he's ever been in as far as a contract is concerned. Davi is having to "earn what he's worth". No silver platter. No fat guarantee. If he produces...he earns money. If he doesn't...he doesn't. It doesn't get any more fair than that. He should be plenty motivated by a team that genuinely wants him to succeed, and are not afraid to put him on a machine that is set up for him...not their star rider a year ago. I think it's a winning deal for everybody.

Hope Davi makes BTO...and HIMSELF happy with the choice.

Post a reply to: Millsaps in for the USGP

The Latest