Millsaps 2013

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
Edited Date/Time 7/2/2012 6:07am
David Pingree ‏@davidpingree
"I hear David Milsaps is signed, sealed and delivered to Rockstar/suzuki for 2013. Good to see that team jump into the 450 class headfirst."

That's weird. What happened with Rockstar and the Factory/Yosh team? Were they expecting to get JS7 at the end of last year, so they dropped Rockstar? Or did Rockstar drop them?
|
SEE ARE125
7/1/2012 5:26pm
You beat me to it. Just posted the same thing. lol I'm thinking Rockstar/Suzuki, i.e. Blake Whartons team, is headed to the 450 class. Similiar to Factory Kawi and then Mitch's PC/Kawi team, you have Rockstar/Suzuki and Yosh/Suzuki. Two different teams.
spd721
7/1/2012 5:27pm
Didn't see that one coming since Davi has been riding the JGR bike really well.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/1/2012 5:28pm
I think it's the Hart & Carmichael team. Oops... did I just say that out loud ? Whistling
7/1/2012 5:40pm
spd721 wrote:
Didn't see that one coming since Davi has been riding the JGR bike really well.
Maybe it was the bike after all. Even with all of JGRs resources most top riders with any other options don't want to ride that bike.

The Shop

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
7/1/2012 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2012 5:49pm
Wonder where that leaves JGR then? I thought they'd be pretty keen to get Millsaps back. Whoever gets to ride on that team will be paid well no doubt

This is the best silly season in years!
hasko158
7/1/2012 6:40pm
It was said on Pulp or something recently that JGR couldn't give Davi the length of contract he wanted.
djc
7/1/2012 7:15pm
wow this is a huge blow for jgr. I feel bad for them i know they wanted him again and now who can they get.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
7/1/2012 7:57pm
guys, stop speculating on a tweet from Ping. Nothing is done yet. Davi, like all riders that are at the end of their contracts, is talking to different teams, that one being one of the teams he's talking to seriously. At the end of the day, nothing will be done or official until after the season is over. Is this serious talks, yes probably, is this sealed and done, most probably not.
2thefront
7/1/2012 8:00pm
I think Davi wanted to be in California more especially with the kid now. JGR let him train where he wanted this year but with this deal the whole thing will be based there.

Honestly, I think JGR is better off without Millsaps. He had a pretty decent supercross, but I dont think he was going to be any better next year and certainly not a #1 caliber rider for them. Best to save the $$ he wouldve got in a raise and put it towards the future. Maybe even a Canard or Wilson if they can get em.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
7/1/2012 8:01pm
Ping has been on a bit of a streak with his rumours this year.
djc
7/1/2012 8:30pm
How is jgr better off? I agree. Davi is not the top five guy or not gonna win races. But based on this past season he is the best or one of the best of who is left after the tip five. I personally don't see any top rider as in top five guys going to jgr. Maybe brayton if he gets clipped from Honda but he is hardly better then davi.
JJO741
Fantasy
3035th
7/1/2012 8:34pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
He has been correct more times than not though.
bd
7/1/2012 8:42pm
djc wrote:
How is jgr better off? I agree. Davi is not the top five guy or not gonna win races. But based on this past season he...
How is jgr better off? I agree. Davi is not the top five guy or not gonna win races. But based on this past season he is the best or one of the best of who is left after the tip five. I personally don't see any top rider as in top five guys going to jgr. Maybe brayton if he gets clipped from Honda but he is hardly better then davi.
Where would DM18 place on average with Barcia, TC41, CR22, RV2, Bubba, and RD5 is the class? JGR wants titles. Damm.... Honda is stacked. Factory Honda: Barcia and Canard (if they sign him, they have done crazier shit like not resigning RC4 and Showtime) and 22 Motorsports Reed.
2thefront
7/1/2012 8:53pm
djc wrote:
How is jgr better off? I agree. Davi is not the top five guy or not gonna win races. But based on this past season he...
Honestly, he's been pretty darn injury prone and there's been questions about his work ethic. One good year doesn't change that. He's got talent, but I think JGR would be a little dumb to give him a big raise based off of one year and him not even really capable of winning races when everyones healthy. I'd focus on getting someone you can develop and keep the savings for a bigger fish.
djc
7/1/2012 8:58pm
djc wrote:
bd wrote:
Where would DM18 place on average with Barcia, TC41, CR22, RV2, Bubba, and RD5 is the class? JGR wants titles. Damm.... Honda is stacked. Factory Honda...
Where would DM18 place on average with Barcia, TC41, CR22, RV2, Bubba, and RD5 is the class? JGR wants titles. Damm.... Honda is stacked. Factory Honda: Barcia and Canard (if they sign him, they have done crazier shit like not resigning RC4 and Showtime) and 22 Motorsports Reed.
I don't understand what your trying to say can you elaborate more?
djc
7/1/2012 9:12pm
djc wrote:
2thefront wrote:
Honestly, he's been pretty darn injury prone and there's been questions about his work ethic. One good year doesn't change that. He's got talent, but I...
Honestly, he's been pretty darn injury prone and there's been questions about his work ethic. One good year doesn't change that. He's got talent, but I think JGR would be a little dumb to give him a big raise based off of one year and him not even really capable of winning races when everyones healthy. I'd focus on getting someone you can develop and keep the savings for a bigger fish.
I hear ya. I agree he is not gonna win but if your hiring two riders who is gonna be better rightnow for your top ten guy. I think the bottom line is who can jgr hire as a 6-10 guy that is gonna be better than davi who is open to hire? S
2thefront
7/1/2012 9:33pm
djc wrote:
2thefront wrote:
Honestly, he's been pretty darn injury prone and there's been questions about his work ethic. One good year doesn't change that. He's got talent, but I...
djc wrote:
I hear ya. I agree he is not gonna win but if your hiring two riders who is gonna be better rightnow for your top ten...
I hear ya. I agree he is not gonna win but if your hiring two riders who is gonna be better rightnow for your top ten guy. I think the bottom line is who can jgr hire as a 6-10 guy that is gonna be better than davi who is open to hire? S
He has the most potential of any available, I agree, but it's a gamble IMO and he would be due a good pay raise. I just don't think he's worth the gamble. This year was the exception rather than the rule.
tvo314
7/1/2012 9:34pm
DM isn't a top 5 guy? I thought he got 2nd in supercross? Yeah, a few guys weren't there, but that's racing. The guy has serious speed and showed more focus last season than I've seen from him maybe ever.
Big
7/2/2012 1:52am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
JJO741 wrote:
He has been correct more times than not though.
Everytime i guess....Cool
flarider
7/2/2012 6:07am
Davi Millsaps in Supercross over last five years

2008 - 4th in SX
2009 - 8th in SX
2010 - 3rd in SX
2011 - 8th in SX
2012 - 2nd in SX

Not too shabby considering the way some of you talk crap about him.
Better average overall finish of almost all top riders

Post a reply to: Millsaps 2013

The Latest