Military “appreciation” race

ktmdan
2/10/2018 4:24pm
Bruce372 wrote:
I don't think anyone is anti military, but many people might be anti war? As for the US government paying for stuff, it's actually the tax...
I don't think anyone is anti military, but many people might be anti war?

As for the US government paying for stuff, it's actually the tax payer paying for stuff.

Many thanks to all military personnel out there for your service.
Exactly, I appreciate all my friends in the military. However, I, and they, don't appreciate all the bullshit scenarios our government puts them in.
I'll just leave it at that...
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
2/10/2018 4:45pm
Zacka 161 wrote:
I wish their was more vocal support for non military solutions. Big upping the Military, the guns, just feeds the military industrial complex. Feeds into the...
I wish their was more vocal support for non military solutions. Big upping the Military, the guns, just feeds the military industrial complex. Feeds into the minds that violence is the only answer, or at least the only answer that gets almost across the board appreciation.

Even when more civilians have been killed by drones in the last year than the 8 years before that, people are still hangin off the nutsack of the military. Its an absurd and childish mindset.

Thankyou for your service, but really we should thank the diplomats, the mitigators and those that come to peaceful resolutions far more than those pushed to the front line. Appreciatte those that prevent war, not those that perpetuite its 'cool' image. Preventing death, preventing war, and protecting Americans is far more American than what the military represents. Death and Destruction of civilians and their homes is not cool and should be condemned by everyone, but is ignored because like, the image is more important.

The military is the Chiropractor of global peace, it might do some god but it feels it needs to spend millions every year to associate itself with cool athletes. Self promoting how beneficial and neccesary it is to, and how much better it will be if you just fed it more money, and more guns, and more drones and more nuclear weapons, it will just be better, and coooooler. Hurah!

The graphics and one off gear is really fucking cool looking tho! I wish they did more gold stuff at the Vegas round also.
Rhody wrote:
I tried to ignore but failed- So I'll make a few points: 1. Diplomacy is ineffective without the threat of the military solution. If you look...
I tried to ignore but failed-

So I'll make a few points:

1. Diplomacy is ineffective without the threat of the military solution. If you look back at history, when has anyone ever come to the bargaining table without the threat of force? If you have a good answer please provide it to me.

2. Most soldiers don't loook forward to killing people. I am sure that there are some psychopaths who do join up because they can kill without hiding it, but they occur with the same frequency as theose people appear in society at large. Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen want to come home in one piece, more importantly, they want those around them to come back in one piece.

3. War happens because the diplomats failed.

4. I have never asked for a military discount if one wasn't advertised, but I'll never turn it down. Plenty of people looking for something for nothing, I'll take a perk for something I did.

5. In the same vein as the above statement, I'm not a fan of hawks who pound their chest and proclaim their love of the military but do nothing to help. You don't owe us anything, but please don't shout your support of the military from the rooftops if is nothing but lip service.
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
X2. Well said. And Zacka 161, I bet you don’t have the balls to go up to an Australian service member and voice that opinion, let...
X2. Well said. And Zacka 161, I bet you don’t have the balls to go up to an Australian service member and voice that opinion, let alone to a US Marine. Have some respect.
War and the military is the final straw the worst case scenario. In no other area do we celebrate and idolize the worst case scenario...

Although the point about a strong military as a threat that prevents war from occurring. But why does that need to be celebrated why do people in America think it’s more important for the government to spend your hard earned money on big guns than on actually saving the lives of the people they claim to protect - healthcare and educaction perhaps.

Yes I do completely understand that soldiers and the military do more than fight and bomb civilians and kill people. And they definitely mostly don’t want to do it. They do do that and that part of the military is what is celebrated and publicized. Thats the probem, celebrate the humanitarian efforts, the war prevention efforts the life saving efforts and not go on TV and cheer when ‘the mother of all bombs’ explodes.

But there’s 2 clear ways to control a large population of people. Make them dumb and make them scared. Cut education, boost the military - boom, peeps are scared and stoopid and only big military can protect them from big threat created by big military and the cycle continues.

Individually I would thank each individual serviceman, they are nothing but brave and hard working young men. But to celebrate them collectively as this great force of freedom is absurd. The military industrial complex has You all by the nads - just like the NRA has a huge group of people sucked in.

Follow the money people, look behind the news. It’s a big corporate industry where people die and people profit off it... and we stand up and cheer

We should just stand up and cheer for supercross. Go on a take out rampage tomac!! That’s the only threat of violence I want to celebrate.
ktmdan
2/10/2018 4:57pm
Zacka 161 wrote:
I wish their was more vocal support for non military solutions. Big upping the Military, the guns, just feeds the military industrial complex. Feeds into the...
I wish their was more vocal support for non military solutions. Big upping the Military, the guns, just feeds the military industrial complex. Feeds into the minds that violence is the only answer, or at least the only answer that gets almost across the board appreciation.

Even when more civilians have been killed by drones in the last year than the 8 years before that, people are still hangin off the nutsack of the military. Its an absurd and childish mindset.

Thankyou for your service, but really we should thank the diplomats, the mitigators and those that come to peaceful resolutions far more than those pushed to the front line. Appreciatte those that prevent war, not those that perpetuite its 'cool' image. Preventing death, preventing war, and protecting Americans is far more American than what the military represents. Death and Destruction of civilians and their homes is not cool and should be condemned by everyone, but is ignored because like, the image is more important.

The military is the Chiropractor of global peace, it might do some god but it feels it needs to spend millions every year to associate itself with cool athletes. Self promoting how beneficial and neccesary it is to, and how much better it will be if you just fed it more money, and more guns, and more drones and more nuclear weapons, it will just be better, and coooooler. Hurah!

The graphics and one off gear is really fucking cool looking tho! I wish they did more gold stuff at the Vegas round also.
Amen brotha
Rhody
2/10/2018 5:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2018 5:35pm
Zacka 161 wrote:
War and the military is the final straw the worst case scenario. In no other area do we celebrate and idolize the worst case scenario... Although...
War and the military is the final straw the worst case scenario. In no other area do we celebrate and idolize the worst case scenario...

Although the point about a strong military as a threat that prevents war from occurring. But why does that need to be celebrated why do people in America think it’s more important for the government to spend your hard earned money on big guns than on actually saving the lives of the people they claim to protect - healthcare and educaction perhaps.

Yes I do completely understand that soldiers and the military do more than fight and bomb civilians and kill people. And they definitely mostly don’t want to do it. They do do that and that part of the military is what is celebrated and publicized. Thats the probem, celebrate the humanitarian efforts, the war prevention efforts the life saving efforts and not go on TV and cheer when ‘the mother of all bombs’ explodes.

But there’s 2 clear ways to control a large population of people. Make them dumb and make them scared. Cut education, boost the military - boom, peeps are scared and stoopid and only big military can protect them from big threat created by big military and the cycle continues.

Individually I would thank each individual serviceman, they are nothing but brave and hard working young men. But to celebrate them collectively as this great force of freedom is absurd. The military industrial complex has You all by the nads - just like the NRA has a huge group of people sucked in.

Follow the money people, look behind the news. It’s a big corporate industry where people die and people profit off it... and we stand up and cheer

We should just stand up and cheer for supercross. Go on a take out rampage tomac!! That’s the only threat of violence I want to celebrate.
What is your problem with showing appreciation for the military? We are not celebrating the worst case scenario, it's a show of appreciation for those who have been put through in that situation, and the sacrifices they made. It is a thank you to those servicement and women. It's not a show of appreciation for the top brass and policy makers that put them in these situations.

And as for providing health care, food and education for these people, have you not paid attention? That's what we try to do. Read up on the US experience in Somalia. I had friends getting shot at for trying to feed people.

The Shop

2/10/2018 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2018 5:51pm
I love this country. I love the people in it. And principles it was founded on! And love that fox military edition get up. That’s so sick.

Zacka you ain’t gots education or healthcares If ya ain’t gots freedom fighters securing this great nation....
Katoomey
2/10/2018 5:59pm
Zacka 161 wrote:

that's a very Pollyannish, almost childish view of world politics and conflict. the world is an ugly, ugly place and life has no meaning or purpose, and the sooner you come around to that realization, the sooner your anxiety about it all will go away.

and the brutal truth is, in the end, violence is the only answer. don't believe me. follow a lion heard around for a few months. you'll see more raw, unapologetic violence then you ever thought possible, by anything, human or otherwise. seriously...go and watch a Lion murder his brother, or a cub, or whatever, and then come back to me and say "that is wrong".

the difference between us and them is a conscience. it's only enough to make us feel bad about what we do, but no power to change it. if we did, our species would be in big trouble.

Mankind is neither intelligent enough, nor willful enough, to transcend their own animal instincts, they are, however, intelligent and willful enough to convince themselves that they have.

The larger the population of a specific group, the more pronounced our instincts are. On an individual level, it's easy to observe will at play, especially in regards to desire vs. restraint. but the less one individuates, the more humans revert to instinct.. meaning, when people come together, their thoughts are more inline with the others, and compared less against moral or ethical standards, leaning more towards instinctual pursuits; food (resources), shelter (land, territory, ect...). You've probably heard or read the words "mob mentality" and "mass psychology".

it's just what animals do. they fight for territory and resources. it's called nature.
newmann
2/10/2018 6:20pm
Rhody wrote:
I tried to ignore but failed- So I'll make a few points: 1. Diplomacy is ineffective without the threat of the military solution. If you look...
I tried to ignore but failed-

So I'll make a few points:

1. Diplomacy is ineffective without the threat of the military solution. If you look back at history, when has anyone ever come to the bargaining table without the threat of force? If you have a good answer please provide it to me.

2. Most soldiers don't loook forward to killing people. I am sure that there are some psychopaths who do join up because they can kill without hiding it, but they occur with the same frequency as theose people appear in society at large. Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen want to come home in one piece, more importantly, they want those around them to come back in one piece.

3. War happens because the diplomats failed.

4. I have never asked for a military discount if one wasn't advertised, but I'll never turn it down. Plenty of people looking for something for nothing, I'll take a perk for something I did.

5. In the same vein as the above statement, I'm not a fan of hawks who pound their chest and proclaim their love of the military but do nothing to help. You don't owe us anything, but please don't shout your support of the military from the rooftops if is nothing but lip service.
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
X2. Well said. And Zacka 161, I bet you don’t have the balls to go up to an Australian service member and voice that opinion, let...
X2. Well said. And Zacka 161, I bet you don’t have the balls to go up to an Australian service member and voice that opinion, let alone to a US Marine. Have some respect.
Zacka 161 wrote:
War and the military is the final straw the worst case scenario. In no other area do we celebrate and idolize the worst case scenario... Although...

Damn, and Guy B has the nerve to click me when there are people like you posting this kind of driveling shit in Moto related. Laughing

You even went on a NRA rant. Now that takes a special kind of stupid right there.

newmann
2/10/2018 6:29pm
I love this country. I love the people in it. And principles it was founded on! And love that fox military edition get up. That’s so...
I love this country. I love the people in it. And principles it was founded on! And love that fox military edition get up. That’s so sick.

Zacka you ain’t gots education or healthcares If ya ain’t gots freedom fighters securing this great nation....
Zacka's country is looking to lead the way. "Boosting that reputation".

http://www.guns.com/2018/02/01/australia-looks-to-become-a-top-arms-exp…

Government officials in Australia unveiled a multi-billion dollar strategy Monday to become one of the world’s top arms exporters by 2028.

Defense Minister Christopher Pyne said growing Australia’s defense exports — currently worth between AU$1.5 billion and AU$2.5 billion — will create jobs and spur economic growth, boosting the country’s reputation around the globe.

“It is an ambitious, positive plan to boost Australian industry, increase investment, and create more jobs for Australian businesses,” Pyne said in a news release Monday. “Australia has so many defence industry success stories: Thales’ Bushmaster, Hawkei and sonars, Austal’s ships and engineering and CEA’s world beating radar, amongst many others. This strategy sets the conditions for even more success, and more defence industry jobs in the future.”

The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute ranked Australia as the 20th largest arms exporter in the world in 2016. The new Defense Export Plan identifies “priority markets” it will target in its efforts to climb the rankings, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, the Middle East and the Indo-Pacific region.

tcallahan707
2/10/2018 6:53pm
I'm actually surprised at the pretty reasonable responses so far. Can we stick to being adults on this one and realize that the comments here have been thoughtful and productive, even if they may be differing opinions? You don't have to agree with Zacka but he hasn't said anything related to not supporting the individuals who serve.

Listen (or read) to understand, not to respond. Our world would be a better place. Again, it doesn't mean you have to agree.
2/10/2018 7:39pm
cason402 wrote:
if I may give a differing viewpoint... I did 20 in the navy, as my father did, my son's both served. I don't expect a handout...
if I may give a differing viewpoint...

I did 20 in the navy, as my father did, my son's both served.

I don't expect a handout.

I got paid, got to experience an amazing array of life, and trained extremely well. (and I'm still being paid.)

no one needs to give me a discount, tell me "thanks for your service" or show appreciation.

It's nice when they do, I say "your welcome".

but I already have been greatly benefited by signing the contract back in 81.
I'm with you man (15 year and counting, Marine)
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
2/10/2018 10:49pm
Zacka 161 wrote:

Katoomey wrote:
that's a very Pollyannish, almost childish view of world politics and conflict. the world is an ugly, ugly place and life has no meaning or purpose...
that's a very Pollyannish, almost childish view of world politics and conflict. the world is an ugly, ugly place and life has no meaning or purpose, and the sooner you come around to that realization, the sooner your anxiety about it all will go away.

and the brutal truth is, in the end, violence is the only answer. don't believe me. follow a lion heard around for a few months. you'll see more raw, unapologetic violence then you ever thought possible, by anything, human or otherwise. seriously...go and watch a Lion murder his brother, or a cub, or whatever, and then come back to me and say "that is wrong".

the difference between us and them is a conscience. it's only enough to make us feel bad about what we do, but no power to change it. if we did, our species would be in big trouble.

Mankind is neither intelligent enough, nor willful enough, to transcend their own animal instincts, they are, however, intelligent and willful enough to convince themselves that they have.

The larger the population of a specific group, the more pronounced our instincts are. On an individual level, it's easy to observe will at play, especially in regards to desire vs. restraint. but the less one individuates, the more humans revert to instinct.. meaning, when people come together, their thoughts are more inline with the others, and compared less against moral or ethical standards, leaning more towards instinctual pursuits; food (resources), shelter (land, territory, ect...). You've probably heard or read the words "mob mentality" and "mass psychology".

it's just what animals do. they fight for territory and resources. it's called nature.
That is my exact point. An uneducated group can be more easily controlled and once controlled will act more like sheep with group think or mob mentality. This is where military advertising comes in.

The military industrial complex demands wars continue to be fought in order to keep profits up. Yet if the public caught wind of this and recognized that the murdering of thousands of civilians is not keeping you safe and directing billions more into the military will not keep you more safe, but instead incentivize wars to continue indefinitely. If the public understands this they may not be so huraah.

This is where advertising comes in, this is where these special events come in. They are designed to keep the public on the side of the military, and to keep the military industry funded and the pockets of those that profit lined. This is why the advertising is so dangerous.

And your animal analogy is perfect. And the US military benefits from poking the lion, an angry lion is scary, an angry lion can be filmed and shown to the public and angry lion needs to be put down. And to do this takes more money, and pushing that agenda makes more money directed in that way seen as a positive....

It’s childish to not follow the money, money buys influence, at an individual political level and through these events and the demand to thank each member for their service (as if they are part of a machine whose size seemingly corelates to how much protection they offer) influences the public’s group think mentality.

Oh and on the Australia thing. That proves my point exactly. They aren’t trying to becomes a bigger arms dwaler because it will make the world safer, it’s all about money. Follow the money and don’t fall for the marketing. Red bull doesn’t actually give you wings and killing 100,000 civilians doesn’t make you safer.

Please tell me where I’m wrong.

Ps. I’m aware that military is important but size and money and popularity among the public does not correlate to the protection they offer.

Pss. Follow the money, when a politician is pro gun - check if the NRA has paid them, is a politician says Global Warming is fake - check who has donated also. Follow the money. Justin Hill doesn’t say the Suzuki is amazing because it is, he says it for the money. Somehow we understand this but don’t understand that it applies to everything. Follow the money people
tuggy450
2/11/2018 5:37am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 5:37am
I'll take a wild guess here that someone works in edumacaiton
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
2/11/2018 5:12pm
tuggy450 wrote:
I'll take a wild guess here that someone works in edumacaiton
I'll take a wild guess here that someone cant find a fault in what im saying?
Katoomey
2/12/2018 5:11pm
Zacka 161 wrote:
That is my exact point. An uneducated group can be more easily controlled and once controlled will act more like sheep with group think or mob...
That is my exact point. An uneducated group can be more easily controlled and once controlled will act more like sheep with group think or mob mentality. This is where military advertising comes in.

The military industrial complex demands wars continue to be fought in order to keep profits up. Yet if the public caught wind of this and recognized that the murdering of thousands of civilians is not keeping you safe and directing billions more into the military will not keep you more safe, but instead incentivize wars to continue indefinitely. If the public understands this they may not be so huraah.

This is where advertising comes in, this is where these special events come in. They are designed to keep the public on the side of the military, and to keep the military industry funded and the pockets of those that profit lined. This is why the advertising is so dangerous.

And your animal analogy is perfect. And the US military benefits from poking the lion, an angry lion is scary, an angry lion can be filmed and shown to the public and angry lion needs to be put down. And to do this takes more money, and pushing that agenda makes more money directed in that way seen as a positive....

It’s childish to not follow the money, money buys influence, at an individual political level and through these events and the demand to thank each member for their service (as if they are part of a machine whose size seemingly corelates to how much protection they offer) influences the public’s group think mentality.

Oh and on the Australia thing. That proves my point exactly. They aren’t trying to becomes a bigger arms dwaler because it will make the world safer, it’s all about money. Follow the money and don’t fall for the marketing. Red bull doesn’t actually give you wings and killing 100,000 civilians doesn’t make you safer.

Please tell me where I’m wrong.

Ps. I’m aware that military is important but size and money and popularity among the public does not correlate to the protection they offer.

Pss. Follow the money, when a politician is pro gun - check if the NRA has paid them, is a politician says Global Warming is fake - check who has donated also. Follow the money. Justin Hill doesn’t say the Suzuki is amazing because it is, he says it for the money. Somehow we understand this but don’t understand that it applies to everything. Follow the money people
Money is a resource. You should be fighting for it. You should want to control it all. That makes you a powerful animal And increases your survivability. Again your the one having trouble accpeting the nature of it all. Polyannish...like i said. Its an ugly world. the most successful animals take the most resources through the path of least resistance.

You are the one with the whool pulled over your eyes because you think that the world can be a fair place. Sorry, it can't. Survival of the fittest gaurantees that nothing will ever be fair or even. The only equal ground is non-existence.
tuggy450
2/12/2018 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2018 6:06am
Count me in as someone that appreciates the hard working Men and Women of our US Military. Unfortunately, I don't think we appreciate enough the sacrifices that they and their families make. We honor you because you deserve it.

Zacka, I wouldn't touch that clusterfuck of BS your talking about with Charlie Sheen"s dick. IMO, You just posted your Foreign Military Industrial Complex, Economic, Civilian Casualty, Political Population Indoctrination in the Pawn Herd Mentality of Uneducated Masses Circa Una-bomber Manifesto Thesis. Print it out and go get your VitalMx PHD. Honestly you have already had way way more attention then your comments deserve. That said in the event you still have some un-indoctrinated neurons still capable of firing, i'll continue.

Above was mostly in jest. and without evil intent.so good day no worries mates.

Kinda half busting your balls Zacka. Just don't spend all your energy worrying about all this nonsense becoming a miserable bastard challenging people to enlighten you on your perspective flight of ideas .Life is short, The crap you worry about or dwell on has less importance with time and wisdom. In fact it's importance greatly approaches zero over ones lifetime and certainly rates as a giant steaming turd in my life at the moment. Try to make these things less important to you and your life. In the long run you will be happier, live longer require less drugs/alcohol, and possibly get off your anti-depressant medications if your on them.. Distance yourself from others with these toxic negative behaviors or thoughts.

Glad I could be of service Zacka, you're welcome. If you ever want to just run something by me, please feel free to ask. My advice is always free, usually worthless but whatever.

And that my friends is your typical tuggy wisdom of the day.

Anyway I am both proud of, and appreciate the Men and Women of our Military, I like Military Appreciation Night. They should have more of them. Thanks again to all our past and current service men and women. Again we honor our vets because they deserve it. Please know that the majority of men and women in this country feel the same way about you.

edit: Cleaned up unnecessary non productive profanity insults and stuff

Post a reply to: Military “appreciation” race

The Latest