Military “appreciation” race

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2018 4:38 PM

As most of us know, San Diego is always the “military appreciation” round of supercross and a lot of companies make limited edition gear for it. I saw a few companies post that they were selling it and for shits and giggles I emailed them and asked if there was a military discount for said gear. 4 out of 5 said no. Seriously? Good job appreciating.

|

2/9/2018 4:43 PM

Here’s a dirty little secret......Feld gets paid by the US Government to host this “appreciation” race.....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

2/9/2018 4:47 PM

Who said yes?

|

2/9/2018 4:50 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

Here’s a dirty little secret......Feld gets paid by the US Government to host this “appreciation” race.....

Not this year...the brands and teams are still doing it but there's actually no military appreciation race with Feld this year.

|

2/9/2018 4:50 PM

WE GOT A BIG STICKER IN OUR GRAGE THAT SAY SUPORT ARE TROOPS AND WE HAVE THE AMERICAN FLAG AND THE TEXAS FLAG ON ARE HOUSE

|

suszuki rm85

2/9/2018 5:18 PM

Chief, you’ve got Mail!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/9/2018 6:10 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Chief, you’ve got Mail!

tongue laughing laughing

Oh that’s some funny stuff.
|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

2/9/2018 6:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2018 6:45 PM

TeamGreen will step up and help that brother, I have no doubt. And----I'll say it, "thank you for your service, Chief Jubs." smile

|

2/9/2018 6:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2018 6:53 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

Here’s a dirty little secret......Feld gets paid by the US Government to host this “appreciation” race.....

That was brought up last year, and some of the crew last year very explicitly told me that no, they don't get paid for it.

This year it's also not an officially sanctioned thing. Many of the teams are still supporting the idea, and running graphics or gear, but it doesn't have official backing.

|

2/9/2018 7:08 PM

GuyB wrote:

That was brought up last year, and some of the crew last year very explicitly told me that no, they don't get paid for it.

This year it's also not an officially sanctioned thing. Many of the teams are still supporting the idea, and running graphics or gear, but it doesn't have official backing.

Well it's awesome for them to do it. Our military kids are so unappreciated it's pathetic.
Under paid too. It would be great if they could do something like add 5% to the ticket price
and only sell 95% of the seats so they could give 5% of the tickets to military members.
Can you imagine being able to give 2,000 tickets to military kids?
On an $80 ticket that would only be an extra $4. You can't even buy french fries for that.
TM

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler, the only modular hauling system www.sprocketstuff.com home of the Counter Sprocket Tool

2/9/2018 7:10 PM

Mini Elsinore wrote:

TeamGreen will step up and help that brother, I have no doubt. And----I'll say it, "thank you for your service, Chief Jubs." smile

Thanks!

|

2/9/2018 7:12 PM

jrrundle wrote:

Who said yes?

Funny since I sent two emails to BTO and one said yes and one said no ?

|

2/9/2018 7:16 PM

It’s cool that there is still a lot of visual support for the military in spite of a growing anti-US military mood these days. The US government doesn’t pay for SX races, bro lmao

|

2/9/2018 7:21 PM

So? A military discount isn't a right. It's a discount that any given company can decide if they want to give out or not.

|

2/9/2018 7:31 PM

burn1986 wrote:

It’s cool that there is still a lot of visual support for the military in spite of a growing anti-US military mood these days. The US government doesn’t pay for SX races, bro lmao

I don't think anyone is anti military, but many people might be anti war?

As for the US government paying for stuff, it's actually the tax payer paying for stuff.

Many thanks to all military personnel out there for your service.

|

2/9/2018 7:37 PM

|

2/9/2018 7:38 PM

SVT-Cobra wrote:

So? A military discount isn't a right. It's a discount that any given company can decide if they want to give out or not.

Yeah, but all these online companies have discount codes that run 24/7/365. They couldn't have just given him one of those? Couple years ago I was about to buy a few thousand dollars of moto parts and gear and asked here if anyone had discount/coupon codes for a couple of mail order houses that advertise here on Vital. Within minutes I had replies for 10-15% off from those vendors.

|

2/9/2018 8:11 PM

I've always seen an overwhelming support for the military here on Vital. As an old retired AF guy, when y'all say "Thanks for your service", my response is, "Thank you for your support". My family and I definitely pinched pennies but we never missed a meal and always had a decent roof over our heads. We had good health care and support systems. I always knew that my pay and benefits came from the taxpayers brow. The crusty old bastards that trained and mentored me would say, "Your parents, grandparents, and neighbors back home are paying you....earn it". I carry that work ethic with me to this day....(and I'm now that crusty old bastard). Even though I now lead a crew of experimental aircraft mechanics that have zero military experience....they have embraced a "do your job, earn your pay" attitude. I'm not trying to shine a light on my own ass. Everything I know was learned in the military....which was supported and paid for by John Q. Public (you guys). Your money was not wasted...thank you for your support.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/9/2018 8:16 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

I don't think anyone is anti military, but many people might be anti war?

As for the US government paying for stuff, it's actually the tax payer paying for stuff.

Many thanks to all military personnel out there for your service.

No

Duh

Yes

|

2/9/2018 9:50 PM

ToolMaker wrote:

Well it's awesome for them to do it. Our military kids are so unappreciated it's pathetic.
Under paid too. It would be great if they could do something like add 5% to the ticket price
and only sell 95% of the seats so they could give 5% of the tickets to military members.
Can you imagine being able to give 2,000 tickets to military kids?
On an $80 ticket that would only be an extra $4. You can't even buy french fries for that.
TM

The last couple years Petco has had a ton of empty sections, Feld should have just given away 1,000 tickets to the troops from Pendleton, Miramar or North Island, if they have that many available seats.

Those troops might become fans if they aren’t already and would also be there buying food and drinks and it would be a real effort to give back.

|

2/9/2018 9:51 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

Here’s a dirty little secret......Feld gets paid by the US Government to host this “appreciation” race.....

GuyB wrote:

That was brought up last year, and some of the crew last year very explicitly told me that no, they don't get paid for it.

This year it's also not an officially sanctioned thing. Many of the teams are still supporting the idea, and running graphics or gear, but it doesn't have official backing.

MxKing got pwnd

|

2/9/2018 10:03 PM

plowboy wrote:

I've always seen an overwhelming support for the military here on Vital. As an old retired AF guy, when y'all say "Thanks for your service", my response is, "Thank you for your support". My family and I definitely pinched pennies but we never missed a meal and always had a decent roof over our heads. We had good health care and support systems. I always knew that my pay and benefits came from the taxpayers brow. The crusty old bastards that trained and mentored me would say, "Your parents, grandparents, and neighbors back home are paying you....earn it". I carry that work ethic with me to this day....(and I'm now that crusty old bastard). Even though I now lead a crew of experimental aircraft mechanics that have zero military experience....they have embraced a "do your job, earn your pay" attitude. I'm not trying to shine a light on my own ass. Everything I know was learned in the military....which was supported and paid for by John Q. Public (you guys). Your money was not wasted...thank you for your support.

That's awesome to hear Plowboy. And thank you for your service. My dad was the same way. He didn't retire from the air force , but was in it for 8 years ( I think? )....and even in his 60's , the guy would work his tail off , especially if he was onto something. Like a home project or something like that. Would not stop until it was done.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/9/2018 10:20 PM

26 years and counting of service in the US Army and I still hate enquiring about a discount. Just like Plowboy stated I have worked my ass off in some ungodly conditions and in ungodly places and all we wanted to do was accomplish the mission and when someone says "thank you" and I am in uniform I state the same thing "WE appreciate your support." I have been hugged and I have been spat at and on in my uniform and I will never expect a discount for the honor it has been to serve my country.

I don't give two shits if Feld or the government is paying for this, but I will say this, this is the coolest round of SX... and expecting a discount because you say you served is uncool in my opinion.

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

2/9/2018 11:32 PM

bvm111 wrote:

26 years and counting of service in the US Army and I still hate enquiring about a discount. Just like Plowboy stated I have worked my ass off in some ungodly conditions and in ungodly places and all we wanted to do was accomplish the mission and when someone says "thank you" and I am in uniform I state the same thing "WE appreciate your support." I have been hugged and I have been spat at and on in my uniform and I will never expect a discount for the honor it has been to serve my country.

I don't give two shits if Feld or the government is paying for this, but I will say this, this is the coolest round of SX... and expecting a discount because you say you served is uncool in my opinion.

Totally agree with everything you said. Almost 14 and counting in the Army for me. I love seeing all the different gear and bike graphics at this round. I am glad there a lot of teams still doing it even if it isn't officially a military appreciation round.

|

2/9/2018 11:53 PM

Any Military, Fire or Police officer can always get a 30% off thank you from us. They can use hero30 as a code.

|

2/10/2018 4:55 AM

bvm111 wrote:

26 years and counting of service in the US Army and I still hate enquiring about a discount. Just like Plowboy stated I have worked my ass off in some ungodly conditions and in ungodly places and all we wanted to do was accomplish the mission and when someone says "thank you" and I am in uniform I state the same thing "WE appreciate your support." I have been hugged and I have been spat at and on in my uniform and I will never expect a discount for the honor it has been to serve my country.

I don't give two shits if Feld or the government is paying for this, but I will say this, this is the coolest round of SX... and expecting a discount because you say you served is uncool in my opinion.

Thank you so much for your service! I hate asking as well but sometimes when I see companies blatantly claim they support the military and don’t actually help out, it makes me mad. It doesn’t even have to be a discount, they could at least donate to a cause that helps out veterans.

|

2/10/2018 5:25 AM

bvm111 wrote:

26 years and counting of service in the US Army and I still hate enquiring about a discount. Just like Plowboy stated I have worked my ass off in some ungodly conditions and in ungodly places and all we wanted to do was accomplish the mission and when someone says "thank you" and I am in uniform I state the same thing "WE appreciate your support." I have been hugged and I have been spat at and on in my uniform and I will never expect a discount for the honor it has been to serve my country.

I don't give two shits if Feld or the government is paying for this, but I will say this, this is the coolest round of SX... and expecting a discount because you say you served is uncool in my opinion.

chief_jubs wrote:

Thank you so much for your service! I hate asking as well but sometimes when I see companies blatantly claim they support the military and don’t actually help out, it makes me mad. It doesn’t even have to be a discount, they could at least donate to a cause that helps out veterans.

Helping and supporting the military doesn’t just mean every tom dock and harry gets a discount. That’s pretty short sighted selfish thinking.

|

2/10/2018 5:26 AM

SVT-Cobra wrote:

So? A military discount isn't a right. It's a discount that any given company can decide if they want to give out or not.

This^

Currently deployed, active duty and a rider. Have never once asked for a military discount and don't on a day to day basis. It is not a right, yet so many treat it that way. I have friends I go out with who are constantly asking, honestly it irritates me and brings some negativity when service members feel entitled to a discount. But thats just my opinion.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

2/10/2018 5:44 AM

bvm111 wrote:

26 years and counting of service in the US Army and I still hate enquiring about a discount. Just like Plowboy stated I have worked my ass off in some ungodly conditions and in ungodly places and all we wanted to do was accomplish the mission and when someone says "thank you" and I am in uniform I state the same thing "WE appreciate your support." I have been hugged and I have been spat at and on in my uniform and I will never expect a discount for the honor it has been to serve my country.

I don't give two shits if Feld or the government is paying for this, but I will say this, this is the coolest round of SX... and expecting a discount because you say you served is uncool in my opinion.

chief_jubs wrote:

Thank you so much for your service! I hate asking as well but sometimes when I see companies blatantly claim they support the military and don’t actually help out, it makes me mad. It doesn’t even have to be a discount, they could at least donate to a cause that helps out veterans.

Devenhallen wrote:

Helping and supporting the military doesn’t just mean every tom dock and harry gets a discount. That’s pretty short sighted selfish thinking.

You might want to read my last comment again.

|

2/10/2018 6:15 AM

I wish their was more vocal support for non military solutions. Big upping the Military, the guns, just feeds the military industrial complex. Feeds into the minds that violence is the only answer, or at least the only answer that gets almost across the board appreciation.

Even when more civilians have been killed by drones in the last year than the 8 years before that, people are still hangin off the nutsack of the military. Its an absurd and childish mindset.

Thankyou for your service, but really we should thank the diplomats, the mitigators and those that come to peaceful resolutions far more than those pushed to the front line. Appreciatte those that prevent war, not those that perpetuite its 'cool' image. Preventing death, preventing war, and protecting Americans is far more American than what the military represents. Death and Destruction of civilians and their homes is not cool and should be condemned by everyone, but is ignored because like, the image is more important.

The military is the Chiropractor of global peace, it might do some god but it feels it needs to spend millions every year to associate itself with cool athletes. Self promoting how beneficial and neccesary it is to, and how much better it will be if you just fed it more money, and more guns, and more drones and more nuclear weapons, it will just be better, and coooooler. Hurah!

The graphics and one off gear is really fucking cool looking tho! I wish they did more gold stuff at the Vegas round also.

|