Military Appreciation Gear Fail

JeremyK
2/9/2020 12:19pm
I'm pretty sure this country was founded because people were tired of following nonsense rules like which way a flag should face. Display the flag however...
I'm pretty sure this country was founded because people were tired of following nonsense rules like which way a flag should face.

Display the flag however you want. Our forefathers paid a heavy price so that we could do so.
JeremyK wrote:
Flag etiquette is a real thing .
Maybe it's a real thing to people living in North Korea, the Peoples Republic of China, or under the British Monarchy.
It's just a simple to follow sign of respect, I'm sure you're above all that though.
APLMAN99
2/9/2020 12:47pm
deadlo wrote:
That is talking about wearing the actual flag.... like clothing made from an actual US flag. Smart ass
APLMAN99 wrote:
No offense intended, but can you cite the part of the Flag Code that relates to the shoulder patch being worn on the right arm incorrectly...
No offense intended, but can you cite the part of the Flag Code that relates to the shoulder patch being worn on the right arm incorrectly? You could be correct (or incorrect) about your interpretation of the costume or uniform referring to an "actual flag", but nowhere does it say anything about the union needing to be facing forward on such patches.

Obviously the military can set such guidelines for it's members as it sees fit, but it doesn't seem to be a requirement for the civilian display of the flag.

As a side note, are you offended by the flat display of the flag at sporting events?
deadlo wrote:
I am not offended by anything mentioned here. I am not saying any of you HAVE to do anything. Now at a military appreciation race, military...
I am not offended by anything mentioned here. I am not saying any of you HAVE to do anything.

Now at a military appreciation race, military styling, flag patches, etc, yes, display that flag properly and not in retreat. Am I mad at astars, no. Did they technically have to do it that way to be right, no. But if you are coming out all military appreciation, I’m just pointing out that let’s get this thing right.

Why do all you guys fight this idea? Like ooop someone said something let me google how to prove him wrong because “my forefathers didnt fight for this..”. Lmao.
You were obviously offended enough to have to vent about it.

Again, can you cite the pat of the Flag Code that would have guided Alpinestars to change the orientation of the flag for this patch?

You say "let's get this right", but again there is nothing in the Flag Code that points to it not being right.

Yes, it was a military appreciation night but that doesn't mean that the riders all ate MREs that day, that they met for formation first thing in the morning, etc. They can say "Thank You" to the military without having to copy every little thing about the services.

This is just one of those examples of "No good deed goes unpunished" to me.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
2/9/2020 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2020 2:53pm
The flag isn’t supposed to be placed on any sports gear or casual clothing according to flag code.

The Shop

2/9/2020 3:02pm
Who gives a fuck!
Get over it. I’m sure everyone does a lot of things “Un-American” everyday.
Feel proud your flag is being displayed period.
crf250pilot
2/9/2020 3:16pm
deadlo wrote:
We as Americans, should have this one down. I see this mistake constantly though. Posting this one to teach you guys something. Blue field must always...
We as Americans, should have this one down. I see this mistake constantly though. Posting this one to teach you guys something. Blue field must always be facing forward and never as if in retreat. Because this is Merica’, raise hell praise dale.

So, if you display a flag on your right shoulder, right side of dirtbike, right side of truck, or all of the above like a true pure blooded beer drinking chicken wing dippin American badass, then that blue field better be forward.

The only people allowed to display a countries flag in retreat is the French. For obvious reasons...😂

So if dude falls on that right shoulder do we have to burn him?
aeffertz
2/9/2020 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2020 3:38pm
The flag isn’t supposed to be placed on any sports gear or casual clothing according to flag code.
That means using an actual flag, not a printed graphic of a flag, doesn’t it?
C.Worthy
2/9/2020 3:36pm
So if dude falls on that right shoulder do we have to burn him?
No, but according to the flag code that right arm will have to come off.
2/9/2020 9:39pm
Who gives a fuck!
I agree, As Americans we fully support our military. But man are they touchy bunch the last few years. They have dibs on all the best jobs when they get out. Military discounts of everything, free college,etc. wotc started in the 90,s big tax break for hiring a vet. We hired a few marines for drill rig work, we had to fire them all. Entitlement makes people week, 40 yr old Vietnam vets then really hated them and out worked them. Far more truckers are killed in America every year and 38 shot on the interstates in Chicago in 2 weeks, not including the ghettos. Post dramatic stress disorder is more extreme on children, sad that we care more about an adult military man, than a child.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
2/9/2020 10:26pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2020 10:27pm
Wow, I learned something new on vital.
Yeah there's more morans in here than previously thought. The guy makes a light hearted post pointing out what I thought was pretty common knowledge about displaying a flag and gets a bunch of shit about it, and before the end of the second page it's being compared to not giving a shit about truckers, ghetto violence, and Post "Dramatic" stress disorder in children. Since we're tossing out fun facts it's Post "Traumatic" stress disorder. Post "Dramatic" stress disorder is what you get from reading some of the dumbass posts in here. Laughing Rock on and thanks for your service deadlo, A for effort hahahaha
deadlo
2/10/2020 4:26am
Who gives a fuck!
I agree, As Americans we fully support our military. But man are they touchy bunch the last few years. They have dibs on all the best...
I agree, As Americans we fully support our military. But man are they touchy bunch the last few years. They have dibs on all the best jobs when they get out. Military discounts of everything, free college,etc. wotc started in the 90,s big tax break for hiring a vet. We hired a few marines for drill rig work, we had to fire them all. Entitlement makes people week, 40 yr old Vietnam vets then really hated them and out worked them. Far more truckers are killed in America every year and 38 shot on the interstates in Chicago in 2 weeks, not including the ghettos. Post dramatic stress disorder is more extreme on children, sad that we care more about an adult military man, than a child.
I know exactly why this post made these two angry. Unfortunately I’m about to teach some of you a second side to this.

Richard and prefeshenel, those two guys we all know who never grew out of looking back at their roost, have beautiful women at home. Again, unfortunately, these women weren’t being serviced properly. While out on those long days of work, the wives create tinder profiles posing as innocent single women. Soon to be serviced by a real man.

Boys, I assure you that soldier had no clue your wife was not single. We aren’t always barbaric wild heathens, only when we’re told. We do not condone adultery! Put an end to this hate for our American soldiers. Toby Keith shed a tear last night over this, and he doesn’t even know why. This is what happens when kids grow up having had $10k dirtbikes given to them their entire life.

✌🏼 Vital. It was fun again.
Wade221
2/10/2020 6:07am
Who gives a fuck!
I agree, As Americans we fully support our military. But man are they touchy bunch the last few years. They have dibs on all the best...
deadlo wrote:
I know exactly why this post made these two angry. Unfortunately I’m about to teach some of you a second side to this. Richard and prefeshenel...
I know exactly why this post made these two angry. Unfortunately I’m about to teach some of you a second side to this.

Richard and prefeshenel, those two guys we all know who never grew out of looking back at their roost, have beautiful women at home. Again, unfortunately, these women weren’t being serviced properly. While out on those long days of work, the wives create tinder profiles posing as innocent single women. Soon to be serviced by a real man.

Boys, I assure you that soldier had no clue your wife was not single. We aren’t always barbaric wild heathens, only when we’re told. We do not condone adultery! Put an end to this hate for our American soldiers. Toby Keith shed a tear last night over this, and he doesn’t even know why. This is what happens when kids grow up having had $10k dirtbikes given to them their entire life.

Reverse-Jody? 🤷🏻‍♂️
wsmille2
2/10/2020 6:10am
deadlo wrote:
I know exactly why this post made these two angry. Unfortunately I’m about to teach some of you a second side to this. Richard and prefeshenel...

Thank you for your service and commitment to our Country. I know many of us would not even consider serving because of personal reasons, so we (well most of us) are grateful for people like you. If there are people out there that think you guys/gals have it easy when you get out, nothing is stopping them from serving like you have to be able to benefit from said perks. Thanks
GODZILLA
2/10/2020 6:51am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yes. It needs to be depicted like it's flown in the wind when someone or something is moving forward.
And how is the designer supposed to know which way the wind will be blowing?
Wink
JeremyK
2/10/2020 7:13am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yes. It needs to be depicted like it's flown in the wind when someone or something is moving forward.
GODZILLA wrote:
And how is the designer supposed to know which way the wind will be blowing?
Wink
They don't race in reverseCool
AH387
2/10/2020 7:43am
I get the criticism but w/ how things are today, I am just happy to see the pros do something to honor the military / country etc. I have 2 sets of Military Appreciation gear myself and always like seeing the pros gear and graphics each year.

TXDirt
2/10/2020 8:01am
I honestly did not know that was the proper way to display the flag. I appreciate the OP pointing this out. I do think it's important to get it right.

Cheers.
AH387
2/12/2020 10:06am
How I understand it, technically, yes.
2/12/2020 2:20pm
Weird Fox didnt come up with a gear set for Cianciarulo and Roczen
Mr. Afterbar
2/12/2020 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2020 2:34pm
AH387 wrote:
I get the criticism but w/ how things are today, I am just happy to see the pros do something to honor the military / country...
I get the criticism but w/ how things are today, I am just happy to see the pros do something to honor the military / country etc. I have 2 sets of Military Appreciation gear myself and always like seeing the pros gear and graphics each year.

I have that gear. It sucks and the fitment is way off. Thanks to those that have served, though. There are some people in this thread that don’t even deserve to be American.
AH387
2/12/2020 3:00pm
AH387 wrote:
I get the criticism but w/ how things are today, I am just happy to see the pros do something to honor the military / country...

I have that gear. It sucks and the fitment is way off. Thanks to those that have served, though. There are some people in this thread...
I have that gear. It sucks and the fitment is way off. Thanks to those that have served, though. There are some people in this thread that don’t even deserve to be American.
It's 2 different sets. But regardless, I like them. It's really popular in my area locally. And I just like the idea of anything honoring the military, so I run them fairly frequently. Held up just fine for me, so far.

Post a reply to: Military Appreciation Gear Fail

The Latest