Milestone's MES 2/2018

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2018 3:07 PM

Will we see another Monster energy supercross game preview this year at the monster energy cup?

I hope they just start naming the games by the season they're replicating. Monster Energy Supercross 2018 sounds a lot nicer. Maybe they dont do it that way since the game actually comes out the following season.

|

7/18/2018 8:48 AM

Milestone has confirmed in a message I sent them via Facebook that the supercross game isnt happening this year (or next.) Seeming like a one and done game

|

7/18/2018 8:51 AM

Everyone bitched so much they decided not to..now everyone's going to bitch that they aren't.

|

7/18/2018 8:59 AM

I loved this game and track builder. I was hoping they would improve on the track builder and add more tools. Bummed

|

7/18/2018 9:07 AM

Joe512 wrote:

Everyone bitched so much they decided not to..now everyone's going to bitch that they aren't.

I’m sorry but this is such a weak statement/argument. While i personally wasn’t one of them(despite the game being one of my least favorite MX titles), “bitching” or providing feedback both positive and constructive in nature is a critical part of the development process. The hope isn’t that they’ll stop making the game altogether but rather that the feedback is taken into consideration and when possible, incorporated into future releases to improve the overall product.

|

7/18/2018 9:37 AM

I hope they do. I also really , really hope that one day we can have a game like MXGP pro , for our 12 round of national's. Really digging that mxgp pro game right now.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

7/18/2018 10:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2018 10:53 AM

If there was a profit... If the game sold well, another one would be in the works. How much money was invested just to use the riders? I'm sure Dungey's agent didn't say, "sure go ahead and use my client for free." Does Milestone have a different arrangement with MXGP? It's too bad because MES was the right direction. Authentic license, better AI, etc. Just needed some tweaks and some more depth in the career. Overall it was a good game with the potential to be great.

Unfortunately, it's probably too darn expensive to do a fully-licensed MX/SX game. Maybe the future direction in USA MX/SX games is to try and obtain as many riders, events, and manufacturers without spending a large portion of your budget. Then make up the rest, but still keep it as close to the sport as possible. If manufacturers don't want free exposure in a game, then don't use them. Make up your own manufacturer. give manufacturers that participate, free in-game advertising and info pages with a link back to their websites. Same thing with events. If you can't use Lucas Oil Stadium make up your own and call it Indiana. Can't get Dungey, because his agent wants 250k, then make up a rider who is upfront at all events that is difficult to beat, etc., etc., etc..

Yes, Rainbow makes stuff up, but it's not an authentic replica of the sport of Supercross and Motocross.

|

7/18/2018 10:15 AM

Mean Dean wrote:

If there was a profit... If the game sold well, another one would be in the works. How much money was invested just to use the riders? I'm sure Dungey's agent didn't say, "sure go ahead and use my client for free." Does Milestone have a different arrangement with MXGP? It's too bad because MES was the right direction. Authentic license, better AI, etc. Just needed some tweaks and some more depth in the career. Overall it was a good game with the potential to be great.

Unfortunately, it's probably too darn expensive to do a fully-licensed MX/SX game. Maybe the future direction in USA MX/SX games is to try and obtain as many riders, events, and manufacturers without spending a large portion of your budget. Then make up the rest, but still keep it as close to the sport as possible. If manufacturers don't want free exposure in a game, then don't use them. Make up your own manufacturer. give manufacturers that participate, free in-game advertising and info pages with a link back to their websites. Same thing with events. If you can't use Lucas Oil Stadium make up your own and call it Indiana. Can't get Dungey, because his agent wants 250k, then make up a rider who is upfront at all events that is difficult to beat, etc., etc., etc..

Yes, Rainbow makes stuff up, but it's not an authentic replica of the sport of Supercross and Motocross.

This sounds good in theory but in reality rarely works. There’s a reason these franchises shell out big bucks to make the games as realistic as possible: authencity sells. We’ve all played games that couldn’t land a big name so tried creating their virtual doppelgänger. I think it’s safe to say most people felt cheated/let down by the experience.

That said, i agree wholeheartedly with your statement that if the first game sells enough copies, they’ll make another one. If it doesn’t, they won’t. No different than a movie or any other industry for that matter. It certainly won’t be because they got their feelings hurt by some of the feedback as others have suggested...

|

7/18/2018 10:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2018 10:44 AM

Mean Dean wrote:

HusqFan3 wrote:

This sounds good in theory but in reality rarely works. There’s a reason these franchises shell out big bucks to make the games as realistic as possible: authencity sells. We’ve all played games that couldn’t land a big name so tried creating their virtual doppelgänger. I think it’s safe to say most people felt cheated/let down by the experience.

That said, i agree wholeheartedly with your statement that if the first game sells enough copies, they’ll make another one. If it doesn’t, they won’t. No different than a movie or any other industry for that matter. It certainly won’t be because they got their feelings hurt by some of the feedback as others have suggested...

I agree and I have to edit my original post because I wasn't as clear as intended.

MES was authentic and it didn't have Tomac. Would it be better if Tomac was in it? Sure, but the game still felt authentic. Much more than anything else we have got recently.

My point is, exclude what you have to, don't bust your budget trying to get every big name rider in the game if they want a huge sum of money. Maybe Dungey wanted 250K to be in the game. How about we donate a percentage of every game sale to "Make a Wish" instead? Give every rider in the game a bio/promo page when you click on their "stats" button. Their website info and social media links. A reason to be in the game for free.

If you cant get the stadiums and tracks without paying a pretty penny, just create your own tracks that feel authentic in stadiums that look realistic. As long as the tracks look real and your racing a 17 event series, you're still representing the sport realistically.

Same thing with manufacturers. get what you can, make-up the rest.

|

7/18/2018 11:19 AM

I think their licensing is under an umbrella of the FIM, Feld and Monster Energy Supercross. I doubt they paid riders or teams. Maybe Dunge since he was in commercial. I think they have to have permission but I guarantee they didn't pay all those sponsors that are in the game. It's somehow under a blanket license.

Also, they did scanning already for the next game so I'd be surprised if we don't get another Supercross game from Milestone.

|

7/18/2018 11:55 AM

What about you guys.......would you dig an AMA national series game , setup like the MXGP pro game? I know I'd buy it in a heart beat if they did it right.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

7/18/2018 12:24 PM

Well that sux...

|

7/18/2018 12:29 PM

when they do the next scanning at A1...then we will know something is in the works.

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

7/18/2018 2:15 PM

It is an amazing game as is MXGP Pro. All they need to do is sell 2019 DLC packs for the tracks/riders to keep it current.

|

7/18/2018 2:21 PM

Frank wrote:

It is an amazing game as is MXGP Pro. All they need to do is sell 2019 DLC packs for the tracks/riders to keep it current.

I hope they do that instead of releasing an all new game

|

7/18/2018 2:47 PM

dsmith wrote:

when they do the next scanning at A1...then we will know something is in the works.

They scanned riders earlier this year.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/18/2018 3:12 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

What about you guys.......would you dig an AMA national series game , setup like the MXGP pro game? I know I'd buy it in a heart beat if they did it right.

Would be awesome. The skins on PC are cool, but I’d love it if someone started making AMA National tracks. Imagine an outdoor track editor..!

|

7/18/2018 5:26 PM

dsmith wrote:

They already scanned at last year's A2 for the next game. I remember Mookie posting pics of it.

When and what did they say, green?

|

7/18/2018 6:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2018 6:53 PM

dsmith wrote:

flatout111 wrote:

They already scanned at last year's A2 for the next game. I remember Mookie posting pics of it.

When and what did they say, green?

I asked "Will there be another Supercross game made for the 2018 season?" Here is their exact response, along with whatever the end of the message means. I'm just copy and pasting this. "Hi Matt, we do not expect to publish a new Supercross for this season but, time to time... ^^ " I messaged them through Facebook on their official "Supercross The Game" page. I was pretty upset waking up this morning to that message... not sure what the "time to time" thing means and the upward arrows. English isnt their first language for most of them, correct?

|

7/27/2018 12:51 PM

So they messaged me back randomly today to say "sorry, maybe the next season! We will do our best"

|

7/27/2018 4:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2018 4:28 PM

I spoke with them and was told to be patient. But I did NOT get a "we are not getting a new game" response, whatsoever . I'm sure we will hear something about a possible new game around MEC. We shall see. Hope so. MESX is def my favorite moto game ever.

|

7/27/2018 6:43 PM

Idk about everyone else but I've literally never even used any character but my own in games.

|

7/27/2018 7:06 PM

So we are or aren’t getting a new game? I’d be really surprised if we didn’t. Milestone has a really strong platform to work from and if they just listened to the community that plays their games, they could be top notch. That’s really the only thing they need to improve is their communication and response to their community.

|

7/27/2018 10:07 PM

My email led me to believe we will. Green's seem to lean towards we won't.

So we will see. I think we will. I think it was too successful to be a one and done. Plus why the scanning and the costs and resources for that if there is not going to be a follow up game?

I feel confident there will be one but we'll have to be patient.

|

7/28/2018 1:03 AM

Kx125rider wrote:

Idk about everyone else but I've literally never even used any character but my own in games.

I barely use my own i hate the graphics they force you to use

|

7/28/2018 1:17 AM

lol guys what do you mean you think we will. they literally said no to the dude in a message

|

7/28/2018 5:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2018 5:50 AM

holtergeist797 wrote:

lol guys what do you mean you think we will. they literally said no to the dude in a message

Their reply is coy but it sounds like they are planning something. And Milestone has never done a large Dlc release. When they tell me not to worry, I won't. I've been n in communication with this team since Mud. They know how big of a supporter I am.

They wrote...

Hi Marc, first of all we are super happy that you love the game. Do not worry we have some surprises for you, but you will have to have a little patience again! Thank you for writing us.

Surprises could mean anything but again they know I want a sequel and said not to worry. Couple that with them already scanning all the riders again with updated livery and gear and I feel we will get one. But maybe I'm just being optimistic. I don't see them getting this all signed up and doing a one off. That isn't Milestone's way. And MESX sold well. We're not talking Mud here.

|

7/28/2018 6:09 AM

Flatout, how well did MESX sell and where did you get your info?

|

7/28/2018 6:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2018 7:05 AM

Mean Dean wrote:

Flatout, how well did MESX sell and where did you get your info?

I honestly don't know how many copies so anything I say is non factual however look at the amount of interest here, look at the amount of videos on YouTube, the follows, the fact it was in every WalMart I went to, Best Buy, Game Stop....I think it was pushed well, received well, got good reviews and it was more in the limelight here in the US than the MXGP series was, for obvious reasons. Plus in one of my emails the team said they were happy with the response. Plus they sent the team back out again to scan riders again so it's not like it wasn't in the plans. It was and I think still is.

That's far and away from factual numbers but it is a lot of factors that seem to indicate a good amount of success for them.

I'm sure someone savvy can pull the numbers for it, MXGP and All Out for that matter. Hmmm...what the heck. Let's see what I can find. I can't actually verify these numbers are correct but y'know its on the internet so it must be true. smile

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/217425/monster-energy-supercross-the-official-videogame/?region=All

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/217426/monster-energy-supercross-the-official-videogame/?region=All

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/217424/monster-energy-supercross-the-official-videogame/?region=All

By comparison...MX vs ATV All Out

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/220574/mx-vs-atv-all-out/?region=All

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/220573/mx-vs-atv-all-out/?region=All

MXGP 3 (since Pro is pretty new)

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/158276/mxgp-3-the-official-motocross-videogame/?region=All

The site wasn't working good so couldn't pull XB1 and NS sales for GP 3.

Also didn't do PC but they are there as well.

I'm not sure if I am looking at it right but it looks like Monster Energy Supercross outsold both MX vs ATV All Out and MXGP 3 by over 10,000 units. But again, I just glanced at it and not sure if that's right but it appears so.

Btw, I am getting a 503 service unavailable error message sometimes when clicking on these. Keep trying. Basically looks like MESX sold around 37K units on PS4 to All Out's 26k units on PS4. And both games about 10k less on X1.

Looks like Reflex sold less than MESX on PS3 but more than MESX on Xbox360.

Again, I can't vouch for accuracy but I'm sure it's in the ballpark.

So by those numbers...if reading it right...MESX sold more than MX vs ATV All Out and MXGP 3 and pretty much the same across both systems of MX vs ATV Reflex.

I would call that, relatively, successful.

|

7/28/2018 7:09 AM

Also, it's important...very important...to note that this was Milestone's first foray in a big way into the US market. A market they have been wanting to get into for a while now. I honestly think the numbers are very good comparatively and highly doubt they would abandon ship after one go, especially as there are pushing their US presence much more now.

But hey, I'm a MESX fanboy so what do I know?? laughing

|