Milestone's 2018 Official Supercross Video Game should be announced at GDC February 27th - March 3!

flatout111
2/15/2017 4:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2017 3:07am
Those who know me know that I try to keep everyone up to date on MX/SX games and news and such. I love our sport and I also love the games of our sport. So I try to keep my finger on the pulse and let everyone here know what I find out as quickly as possible.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is what I 99% think it is. Smile There's always that 1% chance I'm wrong but feel pretty confident about this and super excited for the reveal!!

But first of all, I ask that the other forum members PLEASE try to keep this about what looks like will be Milestone's new Supercross IP. Please no MX Sim, LCQ, MVA talk. Just for once. Please guys. Just start another topic for those games. It's all good. I support all games but really want to keep this on Milestone's game and whenever a new game comes along the threads usually get hijacked from the competitors. So, let's keep this on point because I think it is big news.

Every indication we saw at A1 (from the Barn Pros video) showed us that Milestone were taking 3d model photos of the riders. We also heard Paige Craig mention something about Christian having a photo shoot with Milestone. That coupled with a new "mystery" game of an entirely new IP from the company I think almost for certain confirms that we will see my dream game, the 2018 Official Supercross video game, from Milestone. What's great though is that we will see an announcement and get a sneak preview (as well as MXGP 3) in less than 2 weeks!!!!! Rejoice!! Smile Here's the link.

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Milestone-to-unveil-new-title-a…
|
GD2
Fantasy
854th
2/15/2017 4:25pm
Awesome, the more MX/SX games the better.
2/15/2017 4:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 4:34pm
Personally for me, the physics have to be on point. I won't mention the name because vital gets so triggered by it, but I need something similar to that... There is no fun in just holding the gas and leaning back. A fully licensed Supercross game with career mode, AI, all of that in addition to a solid physics system would be AMAZING. The 3d model photos does sound pretty cool too.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, I'm hopefully optimistic Cool

flatout111
2/15/2017 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 4:41pm
Personally for me, the physics have to be on point. I won't mention the name because vital gets so triggered by it, but I need something...
Personally for me, the physics have to be on point. I won't mention the name because vital gets so triggered by it, but I need something similar to that... There is no fun in just holding the gas and leaning back. A fully licensed Supercross game with career mode, AI, all of that in addition to a solid physics system would be AMAZING. The 3d model photos does sound pretty cool too.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, I'm hopefully optimistic Cool

Thanks for that, man.

I personally like Milestone's physics a lot though they, of course, have room for improvement. They get game speed and scale perfect which to me most get wrong. So right off the bat I am pleased with that. And plus I like the authenticity of their titles.

I just find it kinda amazing this could be shown so quick. I guess it has been in the works for a while. I'm confident this is what it is but like I said I'm scared as hell of that 1%!! Smile
2/15/2017 4:59pm
flatout111 wrote:
Thanks for that, man. I personally like Milestone's physics a lot though they, of course, have room for improvement. They get game speed and scale perfect...
Thanks for that, man.

I personally like Milestone's physics a lot though they, of course, have room for improvement. They get game speed and scale perfect which to me most get wrong. So right off the bat I am pleased with that. And plus I like the authenticity of their titles.

I just find it kinda amazing this could be shown so quick. I guess it has been in the works for a while. I'm confident this is what it is but like I said I'm scared as hell of that 1%!! Smile
Well that's good news.

To me it seems there is no main player in the mx/sx game industry and it's just waiting for someone to take the reins. With the right licensing, game modes, and online play, these guys could easily take it and this could be a real winner.

The Shop

potatoflake
2/15/2017 5:44pm
I think that milestones definitely going to be the top mx game developer, and it's not surprising if you look at all the other games they make like WRC and MOTO GP it only makes sense that they'll figure it out sooner rather than later
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
2/15/2017 5:51pm
At the very least there is MXGP 3 coming out so I'm happy about that. An official Supercross game from Milestone would be shocking in my opinion because of the current officially licensed game out that I won't mention by name because of the OP's requests.
flatout111
2/15/2017 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 6:46pm
731chopper wrote:
At the very least there is MXGP 3 coming out so I'm happy about that. An official Supercross game from Milestone would be shocking in my...
At the very least there is MXGP 3 coming out so I'm happy about that. An official Supercross game from Milestone would be shocking in my opinion because of the current officially licensed game out that I won't mention by name because of the OP's requests.
Lol. Thanks again for that. It is appreciated. But that game is far from officially licensed. They just have the official track maps. No official teams, factory bikes, etc. And just select riders who signed off to be in the game.
kmp1219
2/15/2017 6:13pm
MXGP2 supercross version would be my dream. Game is legit. Only assholes diss the physics. It's the best game in moto, I've played them all.
JW381
2/15/2017 6:16pm
kmp1219 wrote:
MXGP2 supercross version would be my dream. Game is legit. Only assholes diss the physics. It's the best game in moto, I've played them all.
Agree
tobz
2/15/2017 6:42pm
Yup, licensing, replica tracks and pretty graphics don't mean shit unless the physics are fun. Baffles me how developers get it wrong constantly.
2/15/2017 6:50pm
Only assholes diss physics? Uhh... Huh Okay then.

Nothing wrong with arcade physics, but some people want just a tad more realism, that's all. Even an option would be nice, many racing games across different platforms have this.
wide open wally
Fantasy
3762nd
2/15/2017 6:52pm
tobz wrote:
Yup, licensing, replica tracks and pretty graphics don't mean shit unless the physics are fun. Baffles me how developers get it wrong constantly.
Go build the game for them. Sounds easy enough
VilloFan951
2/15/2017 6:55pm
Just to be sure the game isn't mxgp 3 since that's already been announced right
flatout111
2/15/2017 6:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 7:06pm
MXGP 2 has proper game speed and proper scale. That is the direction Milestone takes with their racing games and thus will take with their Supercross game. That is, in my eyes, the very fundamentals and should be priority 1. If you can't get accurate scale and game speed right everything else will be flat out wrong. Milestone's Official Supercross game will be the best Supercross game we have ever seen. Imagine having MXGP 2's full day sessions in Supercross practice, qualifying plus heats, semis lcqs, mains and if they can get everything authentic. Plus Milestone's career mode, bike tuning, 22 riders at the gate, real bikes, teams, factory graphics and gear. Nothing thus far made will touch it. IF they can pull all that off. We've been told it wasn't possible. But the Barn Pros team was clearly getting made so Milestone may have a full encompassing deal with Monster Energy for the whole series. I know they have a great relationship with Monster thru their works in their other games.
flatout111
2/15/2017 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 7:08pm
Just to be sure the game isn't mxgp 3 since that's already been announced right
MXGP 3 will be there but in addition there is a mystery game. It was clearly said it is a whole new IP and not one of their other ongoing game series. And in the Barn Pros project episode 2 the Milestone team is their getting 3d model pics and it says 2018 Official Supercross video game. Unless that is somehow incorrect, which I see no reason why it would be, then the mystery game should be Supercross.
2/15/2017 7:05pm
It's not about difficulty, it's about appealing to a demographic that is going to buy your product.

Pumping a bunch of money into a game, for example like milestone, and giving it a super realistic and unforgiving physics system would be a terrible idea because the people that are into that kind of thing are in the minority and it wouldn't sell well and they'd lose a ton of money.

I'm not gonna speak for tobz, but I think a lot of us can do without the super sim aspect while still having something that requires a little skill or learning curve to it. I personally just want something that is a full game AND not completely arcade styled. A middle ground between the arcade and super sim would be perfect for a game like milestone if it's legit as we hope it is.
flatout111
2/15/2017 7:13pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 7:14pm
For those who didn't see it, here is the Barn Pros team BPR Project episode 2 from A1. Go to 3:06 to see the Milestone team working on modeling shots with Scott Champion and Chris Aldredge and the segment is title 2018 Official Supercross Video Game Pro Rider 3d Model Photo Shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPabG141PQ4&t=697s
flatout111
2/15/2017 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 7:26pm
It's not about difficulty, it's about appealing to a demographic that is going to buy your product. Pumping a bunch of money into a game, for...
It's not about difficulty, it's about appealing to a demographic that is going to buy your product.

Pumping a bunch of money into a game, for example like milestone, and giving it a super realistic and unforgiving physics system would be a terrible idea because the people that are into that kind of thing are in the minority and it wouldn't sell well and they'd lose a ton of money.

I'm not gonna speak for tobz, but I think a lot of us can do without the super sim aspect while still having something that requires a little skill or learning curve to it. I personally just want something that is a full game AND not completely arcade styled. A middle ground between the arcade and super sim would be perfect for a game like milestone if it's legit as we hope it is.
I want a simcade. An authentic, realistic feeling with mainly sim elements that require some time to master but not altogether frustrating. A game ala NBA2K series does for basketball. Not entirely sim, for sure, but true to the sport, fun yet rewarding and mostly realistic.
flatout111
2/15/2017 7:24pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 7:24pm
It's not about difficulty, it's about appealing to a demographic that is going to buy your product. Pumping a bunch of money into a game, for...

Agreed. Milestone is right on track with all their racing titles.
JW381
2/15/2017 7:31pm
Only assholes diss physics? Uhh... :huh: Okay then. Nothing wrong with arcade physics, but some people want just a tad more realism, that's all. Even an...
Only assholes diss physics? Uhh... Huh Okay then.

Nothing wrong with arcade physics, but some people want just a tad more realism, that's all. Even an option would be nice, many racing games across different platforms have this.
You misread his post.
2/15/2017 7:42pm
JW381 wrote:
You misread his post.
I just forgot the word "the" providing the context. Saying people who 'diss the physics in MXGP2 are assholes' is just silly. But it's all good.
jemcee
2/15/2017 8:45pm
flatout111 wrote:
I want a simcade. An authentic, realistic feeling with mainly sim elements that require some time to master but not altogether frustrating. A game ala NBA2K...
I want a simcade. An authentic, realistic feeling with mainly sim elements that require some time to master but not altogether frustrating. A game ala NBA2K series does for basketball. Not entirely sim, for sure, but true to the sport, fun yet rewarding and mostly realistic.
This! I'm a big fan of rally games and the latest Dirt rally is more of a sim which is great on the cement or tar stages but it's so frustrating in the snow or ice that I stopped playing it! Sure it's obviously hard to drive a car on snow and ice in a rally but I'm supposed to be having fun.. I've said it a thousand times I want a game that's easy to play but challenging to be good at.. Same kinda setup as mad skills but not side scrolling obviously
tobz
2/15/2017 10:04pm

That. That fun and realistic aren't exclusive.
tprice07
2/16/2017 7:15am
Don't be surprised if Milestone got their hands on that missing Reflex code....
mmain62
2/16/2017 8:44am
I personally love the mxgp games. MXGP2 is the best all around game so far I think. Yes they could use better rider reflex but I am sure it wont be long before they do. My 2 biggest problems with the MXGP2 game is the wash out as soon as you try to dive under someone and the pants looking super baggy over the boot. ha Not really big problems but its my 2 cents
SKlein
2/16/2017 9:06am
kmp1219 wrote:
Only people with different opinions and preferences would diss the physics*.
Tpog496
2/16/2017 9:33am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2017 9:33am
tprice07 wrote:
You got some news to share??
HenryA
2/16/2017 9:45am
tprice07 wrote:
Hahaha, would buy the game in a heartbeat if that's true Cool
SEE ARE125
2/16/2017 9:51am
Like mentioned above, I don't know why you can't have two different modes in the same game. Other racing games do it. Arcade mode and simulation mode. Not only would it appeal to both parties(thus selling more copies), it would extend the life of the game because once the arcade crowd got bored, they could switch over to sim mode for an entirely new experience within the same game.

Post a reply to: Milestone's 2018 Official Supercross Video Game should be announced at GDC February 27th - March 3!

The Latest