Milestone & Perris getting ROASTED

TeamGreen
1/15/2018 6:44pm
I'm 54. I scrub some jumps on the VET TRACK...hence, VET. If you're not a "Vet"...OR PLDER...no mercy. It's a track for us old guys...age and treachery wins out over youth!
1/15/2018 6:45pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm 54. I scrub some jumps on the VET TRACK...hence, VET. If you're not a "Vet"...OR PLDER...no mercy. It's a track for us old guys...age and...
I'm 54. I scrub some jumps on the VET TRACK...hence, VET. If you're not a "Vet"...OR PLDER...no mercy. It's a track for us old guys...age and treachery wins out over youth!
hahahah YES Manny!
1/15/2018 7:25pm
Anyone try out the new arenacross track at milestone? Looks like a blast to ride.
1/15/2018 7:43pm
I'm just trying to say there are many guys like me (30+) that are good enough to get around any main track but enjoy hitting the...
I'm just trying to say there are many guys like me (30+) that are good enough to get around any main track but enjoy hitting the vet track or other tracks equally as much. There are just some days where i don't feel like skying out massive jumps and would rather focus on corner speed and such, or just rip around with buddies that are afraid of the main track. Vet tracks are great for that because you don't have to worry about the massive jumps and can focus on corner practice. That said, I'm also the type of rider that respects young riders and lower skillset riders on the track and gives them their space. I have also been the guy that goes up to the Ronny Roll-all on the main track and explains that what he is doing is dangerous to himself and others.
A guy like you is not who I am referencing. You're a typical B rider?

I ride with a "A" rider who'd smoke most people. But when he's out there on the Vet track with us, you'd never know how fast he really was. He tones it down. Even if they enforced skill levels he'd never run the risk of being kicked off a track because he blends in.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/15/2018 7:55pm
GuyB wrote:
Some of us are out there for work.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I was going to ask what this is going to do for you and the other media outlets... Will you and the mags be looking for...
I was going to ask what this is going to do for you and the other media outlets... Will you and the mags be looking for other places to do the shootouts now?
ML512 wrote:
Sounds like we won’t be shooting bikes at either track in the end future. One magazine tried shooting a new bike at Milestone today and supposedly...
Sounds like we won’t be shooting bikes at either track in the end future. One magazine tried shooting a new bike at Milestone today and supposedly we’re not allowed to anymore.
Unreal..... sorry to hear.
loftyair
1/15/2018 8:10pm
I live in northwest and southwest. Split practice, sucks! Real bad! Got a bit of maintenance to do, maybe a flat tire? you're screwed! Plus because you went out an hour ago, everyone wants to get out there, its a panic zoo. Open practice so much better. Keep the slow little ones off the main track!
Rhody
1/15/2018 8:17pm
I feel for the track operators, the way they are getting hammered. I would not even respond. It seems like they are in a no win situation when it comes to the mini dads bagging on them.
JM485
1/15/2018 8:46pm
seth505 wrote:
Do you ride so cal tracks? Pics and vid are fun/great but sitting on jumps, cutting people off to do a whip then turn off the...
Do you ride so cal tracks? Pics and vid are fun/great but sitting on jumps, cutting people off to do a whip then turn off the track over n over can get old.
Uh, no, I live in Norcal, and I definitely don't do that nor do I really see anyone do that. Banning photographers from a track is just stupid, my friends and I pretty much always go out there if we are in different practices and take a few videos or shoot some pictures, I don't understand what the big deal is? Just watch your back and be aware of what's going on, I don't go to the track to have someone babysit me I go there to have some fun and hang out in a laid back atmosphere.

If we let the good Samaritans of Vital run every track nobody would ever get to ride. Jumps would all be too dangerous, all cameras would be banned, and nothing challenging would be allowed on the track because someone might screw up and fall. Everyone is responsible for their own safety, there's inherent risk with going out and taking photos by a live track and I don't understand why the hell Vital and our legal system can't see that and deal with it. If I choose to take that risk fine, it's the same reason every track is scared to make tricky rythms and big whoops sections to challenge people, nobody is willing to check their ego at the door and realize that they are in charge of their own destiny, not a bunch of BS rules.
mikec265
1/15/2018 8:51pm
Is the age of private tracks coming? I feel like it's started already.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/15/2018 10:38pm
seth505 wrote:
Do you ride so cal tracks? Pics and vid are fun/great but sitting on jumps, cutting people off to do a whip then turn off the...
Do you ride so cal tracks? Pics and vid are fun/great but sitting on jumps, cutting people off to do a whip then turn off the track over n over can get old.
JM485 wrote:
Uh, no, I live in Norcal, and I definitely don't do that nor do I really see anyone do that. Banning photographers from a track is...
Uh, no, I live in Norcal, and I definitely don't do that nor do I really see anyone do that. Banning photographers from a track is just stupid, my friends and I pretty much always go out there if we are in different practices and take a few videos or shoot some pictures, I don't understand what the big deal is? Just watch your back and be aware of what's going on, I don't go to the track to have someone babysit me I go there to have some fun and hang out in a laid back atmosphere.

If we let the good Samaritans of Vital run every track nobody would ever get to ride. Jumps would all be too dangerous, all cameras would be banned, and nothing challenging would be allowed on the track because someone might screw up and fall. Everyone is responsible for their own safety, there's inherent risk with going out and taking photos by a live track and I don't understand why the hell Vital and our legal system can't see that and deal with it. If I choose to take that risk fine, it's the same reason every track is scared to make tricky rythms and big whoops sections to challenge people, nobody is willing to check their ego at the door and realize that they are in charge of their own destiny, not a bunch of BS rules.
Fair enough, you know as well as I these rules dont materialise from the track. Idiots are allowed to sue over hot coffee they spill on themselves.
enketchum
1/15/2018 10:39pm
I haven't been to Milestone in years. Do they still have those haggard horse viewing stands? They were built on trailers, about 10-15 feet tall, and they swayed side to side when you stood on top.
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
1/15/2018 11:01pm
In my opinion, the small bikes don't belong on the track with big bikes, even if the kids are super fast.
They're hard to see.

Spectators do not belong on the track, and dogs that are not leashed and supervised need to stay home as well.

When I'm riding as fast as I can (which isn't that fast yet), I need to focus on the track, not watch for spectators or tiny bikes.

Perris has a mini night once a week on the main track. Having a separate track for the small bikes plus a short amount of time once per session on the big track is probably the right balance.

God bless the mini-dads, but they do not belong on the track. No one except riders and personnel.
Awood
Fantasy
4211th
1/15/2018 11:20pm
As a freelance photographer where Milestone and Perris are 2 of the 3 closest tracks, and definitely top 3 in most ridden around here, this blows. Why not a special waiver and requirement of a vest? Even flaggers dont have vests, and all my time at the tracks around here I've probably seen 2-3 instances where flaggers got to the riders on practice AND race days before me, or flagging the landing of a jump when they need to position themselves on top of or before it. In all the time I've been shooting photos I've probably dropped the camera and helped over 50 downed riders and flagged riders down for their safety before a flagger was in the near vicinity.
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
1/16/2018 12:52am
I visited all the So Cal tracks last week for the first time.
Trainers or people on the track taking photos didn't seem like a huge problem to me, but I was blown away seeing 50/65's riding with big bikes.
And I know weed has been legalized (I don't know the specific regulations) but the amount of weed I smelt at every track was a concern, I mean you wouldn't want to be on the same track as a guy that just sunk a six pack, would you?
Got a nice pic of Grant Langston from the viewing tower at milestone also.

GTCD15317
1/16/2018 6:18am
Badd127 wrote:
I visited all the So Cal tracks last week for the first time. Trainers or people on the track taking photos didn't seem like a huge...
Trainers or people on the track taking photos didn't seem like a huge problem to me, but I was blown away seeing 50/65's riding with big bikes.
And I know weed has been legalized (I don't know the specific regulations) but the amount of weed I smelt at every track was a concern, I mean you wouldn't want to be on the same track as a guy that just sunk a six pack, would you?

Weed & beer aren't even comparable....
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
1/16/2018 6:31am
Badd127 wrote:
I visited all the So Cal tracks last week for the first time. Trainers or people on the track taking photos didn't seem like a huge...

GTCD15317 wrote:
Ok, forget the beer comparison. Do you want to be on the track with people that are stoned?

I guess I was just surprised to see 50s/65s on the track with pros, and weed being smoked at every track I went to.
I don't want to turn it into a weed vs beer debate.
BAMX
1/16/2018 6:38am
Brent wrote:
Now, if they can keep the mini riders off the main track so I don't shit my pants when I come over a jump and see...
Now, if they can keep the mini riders off the main track so I don't shit my pants when I come over a jump and see one laying in the dirt on the landing...
TeamGreen wrote:
I've told parents: "If he/she gets hurt...it's ON YOU!"
The worst is when the parent rides cover for their 50 or 60 rider. I have seen this so many times at tracks which have a dedicated mini track. I get that the kids want to ride the "big" track but it is just plain unsafe.

1/16/2018 7:38am
I think taking off all the spectators from the track is a great idea even for a mini dad like myself. This is just one issue of concern but I think it’s getting more attention than some other issues that would be more beneficial for safety. Flaggers and lack of flaggers is a huge problem at all the SoCal tracks which is the only safeguard to keeping an already injured rider out of more harms way if there isn’t any spectators on the track to help out. I understand tracks can’t have flaggers at every corner but if they made trainers be emt certified and what not there would be more qualified people around to jump into action. I think the biggest issue for me being as mini dad is no seperation of small bikes and big bikes. Coming from NorCal tracks where for the most part do a really good job separating bikes 40/20 big bikes to small bikes I was shocked SoCal allows a free for all. It puts people like me in a bad spot because the value from a kids track or vet track is next to none when you have to go race on national tracks that are not even remotely like a vet track or kids track. I used to bitch about having to pay the same money to practice and only get half the time on the track as big bikes but now I only wish I had that opportunity down here in SoCal. The pros usually do a really good job watching out for kids it’s the vets you have to worry about.
1/16/2018 7:51am
Badd127 wrote:

GTCD15317 wrote:
No, maybe it isn't really comparable but it's still weird that dirtbike riders feel the need to smoke weed while at the track. Do that shit in your own time when you don't bring others in danger doing it. I live in Holland and weed is also legal here (or at least tolerated) but I've never seen anyone smoke it at a mx track. Just a little weird combination.
1/16/2018 8:03am
Awood wrote:
As a freelance photographer where Milestone and Perris are 2 of the 3 closest tracks, and definitely top 3 in most ridden around here, this blows...
As a freelance photographer where Milestone and Perris are 2 of the 3 closest tracks, and definitely top 3 in most ridden around here, this blows. Why not a special waiver and requirement of a vest? Even flaggers dont have vests, and all my time at the tracks around here I've probably seen 2-3 instances where flaggers got to the riders on practice AND race days before me, or flagging the landing of a jump when they need to position themselves on top of or before it. In all the time I've been shooting photos I've probably dropped the camera and helped over 50 downed riders and flagged riders down for their safety before a flagger was in the near vicinity.
Wow if that wasn't a selfish reply if ever milestone has an investment in the track facility etc. Or did you guys forget about the post from a few months back about washougal and the lawsuit against them.
Brent
1/16/2018 8:53am
Brent wrote:
Now, if they can keep the mini riders off the main track so I don't shit my pants when I come over a jump and see...
Now, if they can keep the mini riders off the main track so I don't shit my pants when I come over a jump and see one laying in the dirt on the landing...
TeamGreen wrote:
BAMX wrote:
The worst is when the parent rides cover for their 50 or 60 rider. I have seen this so many times at tracks which have a...
The worst is when the parent rides cover for their 50 or 60 rider. I have seen this so many times at tracks which have a dedicated mini track. I get that the kids want to ride the "big" track but it is just plain unsafe.

Absolutely. Even trying to get around the father/ son moving roadblock can be tough when they weave alll over the place like a drunk driver on a beer run, or the ever popular slow down and roll the jump at the last second stunt...
activeMX
1/16/2018 9:09am
I see A LOT of trainers/parents running across the track at Milestone....I routinely panic rev when I see them cross along with give 'em the bird and some kind words.
motoBRD
1/16/2018 10:28am
This is a sore spot for me. Granted, I hadn't been on a bike for a bit and I've never been that good. I was at a practice day and a group of guys were sitting on their bikes shooting the breeze after this small little double double section, right near the edge of the track. I see them and right away feel like I'm going to hit them. I slow up and lose focus, cross rut, and slam into this guy. All he can say is 'Nice'. I get up, nose bleeding all down my jersey, plastics all busted. I get out of there quick because I thought I did something wrong. Now looking back, those guys should not have been there. Obviously this is an isolated incident and not entirely what we're talking about, but I can't fault them for wanting to keep people off the track.
1/16/2018 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2018 12:53pm
Milestone & Perris just announced that they are going to re-evaluate the situation and make some adjustments.

I cannot speak for them but Im gonna guess that they are going to find a way to offer TRAINER & PHOTOGRAPHER passes for qualified/professional people in those fields. And I would guess that those with those passes will be responsible for following their own set of rules no different than the riders. Screw up, lose your pass.

That should ease a lot of concerns of the mob.

I still think there is a issue with which bikes are allowed on which tracks at the same time but who knows if that will be addressed. As well as the fact that the spectator/viewing area needs to be better than a rickety old tower.
Tracktor
1/16/2018 2:06pm
BobbyM wrote:
Trainers for mini riders? What the FUCK is going on???
Where you been? Even here in the NW we have c/d riders with full time moto-nannies on the payroll. It's quite the trend.

I saw a mini-dad go ballistic on the starter/flagger at a practice this weekend when he wouldn't let his 85 c rider out in the big bike INT/Pro practice. The kid is two classes or so below my 85 rider and I wasn't putting my kid out there in that class. My older boy almost landed on the other kid a moto earlier since he could make the jumps which were all pretty small. This kid has a full time moto nanny................
Tracktor
1/16/2018 2:10pm
Brent wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Exactly. I never let my kids out in the big bike practices when on minis. Even though they were easily fsat enough the physics doesn't work if shit goes bad. We mostly have split practices up hear and track that didn't we simply stayed away from until the boys got bigger. In the end it's the parents call and I couldn't live with myself if something happened.

Frankly, I am surprised CA hasn't had more issues with this?...........
Tracktor
1/16/2018 2:19pm
Awood wrote:
As a freelance photographer where Milestone and Perris are 2 of the 3 closest tracks, and definitely top 3 in most ridden around here, this blows...
Wow if that wasn't a selfish reply if ever milestone has an investment in the track facility etc. Or did you guys forget about the post...
Wow if that wasn't a selfish reply if ever milestone has an investment in the track facility etc. Or did you guys forget about the post from a few months back about washougal and the lawsuit against them.
The Washougal lawsuit is about a payday from everything I have seen so not really sure where the comparison is? Bruce has been around moto his whole life and knew exactly the risks and what he was getting into. Funny, it hasn't changed his actions around the tracks he goes to since his accident?..........
1/16/2018 2:59pm
My point is doesn't matter he's been around the track etc all it's gonna take is someone who shouldn't be where they are and bam! Lawsuit can't wait to hear what the hypocrites say when that happens and the track gets shut down.

The track needs to look out for thier best interests not what some selfish only care about me entitled mini dad or wannabe coaches photographers want.
1/16/2018 6:58pm
Just want to say thanks to milestone and Perris for keeping two bad ass tracks for us to ride no matter what rules.

Post a reply to: Milestone & Perris getting ROASTED

The Latest