Milestone MX lights ruined in pointless and absurd vandalism

hubbardmx50
Edited Date/Time 2/27/2018 2:57pm
Well, me and a buddy were going to head out tonight to spin some laps but decided not to last minute because it is supposed to start raining tonight, then he sends me this. Who the hell would do this and why? The staff over at milestone works hard to keep a nice facility for everyone to ride at and this is unbelievable.

Here is IG link if embed photos do not show up
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfrnYfTjqMO/?hl=en&taken-by=milestonemx

Just wow.....
|
JustMX
2/26/2018 8:03pm
Probably some 85cc factory dad upset that he cant go in the infield.

Moto people are awesome, but they are also a representation of society at large so there are some POS .

Had several incidents of vandalism in my years as a promoter. Caught one guy about to mess with a piece of equipment. It all came down to him being pissed he couldn't park in a spot held for a vendor.
enketchum
2/27/2018 12:34am
Is that on the generator or something? What's the big yellow blob

The Shop

Bman_145
2/27/2018 1:26am
They were the lighting towers. Check out the Instagram page for pics of them all together.

As they said, looks like it was copper thieves looking for quick money.
2/27/2018 5:30am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2018 5:32am
Are there homes in close proximity? I can imagine a local home owner not into moto doing something like this. Kicks his boots off and hears four strokes bouncing rev limiters all night. Also as an electrician I know they would be getting cents per pound in scrap for a cable assembly like that.
Stuntman949
2/27/2018 7:41am
You would have to assume it was someone who doesn't ride. Purely aggravating. Douche bags who do ride already leave tires and VP cans everywhere
akillerwombat
2/27/2018 7:49am
You would have to assume it was someone who doesn't ride. Purely aggravating. Douche bags who do ride already leave tires and VP cans everywhere
Eh, there's some shitty humans in the moto community as well.

It's usually someone pretty close to the situation.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
2/27/2018 7:53am
Are there homes in close proximity? I can imagine a local home owner not into moto doing something like this. Kicks his boots off and hears...
Are there homes in close proximity? I can imagine a local home owner not into moto doing something like this. Kicks his boots off and hears four strokes bouncing rev limiters all night. Also as an electrician I know they would be getting cents per pound in scrap for a cable assembly like that.
Naw, the track is an industrial park...all shipping centers surrounding it.
hubbardmx50
2/27/2018 8:17am
Are there homes in close proximity? I can imagine a local home owner not into moto doing something like this. Kicks his boots off and hears...
ML512 wrote:
Naw, the track is an industrial park...all shipping centers surrounding it.
Still tons of tweakers in the area, doubt it was a rider who would do something like that.
scooter5002
2/27/2018 8:20am
enketchum wrote:

As I recall, when I rode there, (the employee night ride only Lol) they had Battlefield/Caterpillar lights, but similar to this. You get the idea.
hubbardmx50
2/27/2018 8:20am
I don’t understand VP/Tire gate. I throw tires and race fuel cans away at my house all the time and have never gotten in trouble. Why do people need to leave that crap at the track. At least take it to a dumpster down the street behind Walmart or something. I’ve seen someone leave oil too and my dad cleaned it up. Super annoying.
captmoto
2/27/2018 8:34am
That's the work of the local tweakers stealing for the copper. No need to turn on each over this guys.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/27/2018 8:41am
That really blows! There seems to always be some sort of issue over there and its a bummer. Even though I don't care for the track, I hate seeing this stuff happening. Just costing the owner more money. What is the deal with milestone? First it was riders having their belongings stolen, this crap and I'm pretty sure they had some other stuff happen to them not that long ago, if I remember correctly. I know there are a lot of tweakers down that way, but this stuff sucks to see!
hamncheeze
2/27/2018 8:54am
captmoto wrote:
That's the work of the local tweakers stealing for the copper. No need to turn on each over this guys.
Yeah the metal theft thing is a huge problem all over North America. Here in the Vancouver area there have even been some cases of the crackheads stealing manhole covers! Copper wire theft is pretty much a daily occurrence for the phone and cable companies out here. Sad. Our society has created a massive problem with opioid addiction and this is just another way it ends up costing us money.
dirtmike86
2/27/2018 9:34am
I live a few miles from there. When the weather is decent i ride from my house and through the riverbed. If you hop in the riverbed and head west just before market street there is a GIANT community of homeless. Close to what is behind angel stadium, maybe even bigger. They are pretty well hidden. No joke it looks like the movie district 9. But what some have said looks like maybe a disgruntled rider that maybe got kicked out. About 6 years ago caught some kid looking in my gear bag but he took off before i could grab him.
Rhody
2/27/2018 11:30am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2018 11:31am
Bet on it being the work of tweekers.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
2/27/2018 11:35am
I was nowhere near the area. Just putting that out there...
Asimo
2/27/2018 12:52pm
enketchum wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/27/246457/s1200_3F25DF39_8E8B_4489_AE04_A672F628FE30.jpg[/img] As I recall, when I rode there, (the employee night ride only Lol) they had Battlefield/Caterpillar lights, but similar to this. You get the idea.

As I recall, when I rode there, (the employee night ride only Lol) they had Battlefield/Caterpillar lights, but similar to this. You get the idea.
This explains why they werent live. Too bad.
mxtech1
2/27/2018 2:13pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2018 2:15pm
I don’t understand VP/Tire gate. I throw tires and race fuel cans away at my house all the time and have never gotten in trouble. Why...
I don’t understand VP/Tire gate. I throw tires and race fuel cans away at my house all the time and have never gotten in trouble. Why do people need to leave that crap at the track. At least take it to a dumpster down the street behind Walmart or something. I’ve seen someone leave oil too and my dad cleaned it up. Super annoying.
I believe that Milestone would have to take those dumped VP cans and tires and dispose of them properly. Both would be classified as a petroleum product which mandates a proper disposal technique.

It honestly makes me angry that you openly admit, and seem to be proud of of the fact, that you just throw your shit out in the trash. You really think Mr. EPA or the local police are going to come "get you in trouble"? Grow up. You know it's wrong to throw that stuff in the garbage but you don't care and do it anyways.

You think you are better than the lazy morons that leave their stuff at the track but your trash ends up straight in the landfill 100% of the time.

2/27/2018 2:20pm
I'm so tired of the homeless/tweakers stealing and ruining honest people's shit all over in CA. From Chico to San Diego, the amount of people out to do this type of stuff is insane.
2/27/2018 2:24pm
I'm so tired of the homeless/tweakers stealing and ruining honest people's shit all over in CA. From Chico to San Diego, the amount of people out...
I'm so tired of the homeless/tweakers stealing and ruining honest people's shit all over in CA. From Chico to San Diego, the amount of people out to do this type of stuff is insane.
Time for a cull by the sounds of things in CA.
2/27/2018 2:57pm
I don’t understand VP/Tire gate. I throw tires and race fuel cans away at my house all the time and have never gotten in trouble. Why...
mxtech1 wrote:
I believe that Milestone would have to take those dumped VP cans and tires and dispose of them properly. Both would be classified as a petroleum...
I believe that Milestone would have to take those dumped VP cans and tires and dispose of them properly. Both would be classified as a petroleum product which mandates a proper disposal technique.

It honestly makes me angry that you openly admit, and seem to be proud of of the fact, that you just throw your shit out in the trash. You really think Mr. EPA or the local police are going to come "get you in trouble"? Grow up. You know it's wrong to throw that stuff in the garbage but you don't care and do it anyways.

You think you are better than the lazy morons that leave their stuff at the track but your trash ends up straight in the landfill 100% of the time.

I know, what a freaking jackass.

I for one reuse my VP cans by filling them up with water. Makes a tasty drink when you’re out camping, with a little energy boost!
captmoto
2/27/2018 4:32pm
mxtech1 wrote:
I believe that Milestone would have to take those dumped VP cans and tires and dispose of them properly. Both would be classified as a petroleum...

Wrong, at least in my city. The trash here goes to a waste distribution facility. It gets dumped by the trucks and is actually sorted pulling tires, recycleables etc. out then gets picked up and hauled to the appropriate land fill or recycle center.
hubbardmx50
2/27/2018 7:13pm
mxtech1 wrote:

Cool story, bro. Not proud of anything, just wish people wouldn't piss off owners of a motocross track and find other ways to dispose of Tires/cans/oils. All I am saying is that I've never had an issue doing so in my city, but I'll keep what you said in mind.
hubbardmx50
2/27/2018 7:15pm
mxtech1 wrote:

captmoto wrote:
Wrong, at least in my city. The trash here goes to a waste distribution facility. It gets dumped by the trucks and is actually sorted pulling...
Wrong, at least in my city. The trash here goes to a waste distribution facility. It gets dumped by the trucks and is actually sorted pulling tires, recycleables etc. out then gets picked up and hauled to the appropriate land fill or recycle center.
That's funny I actually live in Rancho too, and I've seen that they do exactly what you're talking about at the dump off of Etiwanda and 6th. All I'm saying is people should not leave those things at the tracks/trails and this guy blew up, lol.
enketchum
2/27/2018 10:48pm
I filled race gas cans with oil and dropped them at the oil recycling city yard in Upland. They'll take any hazardous waste as long as you have a license with local address

Post a reply to: Milestone MX lights ruined in pointless and absurd vandalism

The Latest