Milestone - Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video Game

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/17/2017 11:24am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Small clip from someone playing it. Pretty damn fast through the whoops. It's like they're not even there. A post shared by Wheels (@wheels988) on Oct...
Small clip from someone playing it. Pretty damn fast through the whoops. It's like they're not even there.

A post shared by Wheels (@wheels988) on Oct 14, 2017 at 3:48pm PDT

Yeah. I hope they slow it down some. That's way to fast.
If only Milestone would put as much time into the air physics and bike handling as they put into marketing and promotion, we'd have a dream...
If only Milestone would put as much time into the air physics and bike handling as they put into marketing and promotion, we'd have a dream game come true right here. It all looks absolutely stunning until you watch this dude completely ignore an entire whoop section and realize that this is just a slightly tweaked version of MXGP3.

I mean, don't get me wrong, i commend them for putting in the effort and promoting the sport and all, but i just can't deal with the stiff as a board air physics from MXGP anymore (and i bought all 3 of them). They straight up need a new engine.
If the rider physics aren't exactly spot on it's not that big of a deal since they can release a patch that fixes the problem. It's not like the PS2 and Xbox days where you weren't connected to the internet. When a game was released that was it, take it or leave it.

Being connected to the internet makes things so much easier nowadays. As long as they listen to what the community wants all they have to do next is address the issues, work on a patch and release it.

We're grateful for that because they don't charge for any of the patches they release.

As for them needing a new game engine I have to say that they used the Unreal Engine 4 platform and it's one of the best out on the market. Take a look at the list of games that were developed with it and you'll see what I mean. The only one that I think is better is the Frostbite engine and that is exclusive to EA/DICE.

I don't think we'll see a better game engine for at least a few more years.
Donovan759
10/17/2017 11:35am
RangerLee wrote:
For those on Xbox, may be a good time to set up a Vital season. I ran one years ago with a bunch of us. Skills...
For those on Xbox, may be a good time to set up a Vital season. I ran one years ago with a bunch of us. Skills were spread out, so we used the first "season" to set the second "season" A class B class thing. It was pretty fun, got 3 seasons out before other games split much of the player base. LIVE makes it real easy to set up your own league.
This sounds great. I probably could only hit a few races but this would be sweet.
psychotronBR
Fantasy
1317th
10/17/2017 11:38am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If the rider physics aren't exactly spot on it's not that big of a deal since they can release a patch that fixes the problem. It's...
If the rider physics aren't exactly spot on it's not that big of a deal since they can release a patch that fixes the problem. It's not like the PS2 and Xbox days where you weren't connected to the internet. When a game was released that was it, take it or leave it.

Being connected to the internet makes things so much easier nowadays. As long as they listen to what the community wants all they have to do next is address the issues, work on a patch and release it.

We're grateful for that because they don't charge for any of the patches they release.

As for them needing a new game engine I have to say that they used the Unreal Engine 4 platform and it's one of the best out on the market. Take a look at the list of games that were developed with it and you'll see what I mean. The only one that I think is better is the Frostbite engine and that is exclusive to EA/DICE.

When i say 'they 'need a new engine' i'm not refering to the Unreal engine, i know it's one of the best out there. What i mean is they need a new 'handling system' (f*ck me, i don't know what to call it, i'm not a developer)...as in, build a new physics system from the ground up. Incorporate the dual stick handling like everyone else, fix the starts, get rid of the pre made whip animations...etc etc.

As for patches and fixes, good point, but i highly doubt we'll see anything major like different physics and such added post launch.
Donovan759
10/17/2017 11:43am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If the rider physics aren't exactly spot on it's not that big of a deal since they can release a patch that fixes the problem. It's...

When i say 'they 'need a new engine' i'm not refering to the Unreal engine, i know it's one of the best out there. What i...
When i say 'they 'need a new engine' i'm not refering to the Unreal engine, i know it's one of the best out there. What i mean is they need a new 'handling system' (f*ck me, i don't know what to call it, i'm not a developer)...as in, build a new physics system from the ground up. Incorporate the dual stick handling like everyone else, fix the starts, get rid of the pre made whip animations...etc etc.

As for patches and fixes, good point, but i highly doubt we'll see anything major like different physics and such added post launch.
Yeah, Milestone usually doesn't make major changes to things like that after launch.

The Shop

flatout111
10/17/2017 11:52am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2017 11:55am
Monster Energy Supercross looks to be everything I want in a game. Honestly, I want authenticity and to role play as my favorite riders and teams. They have everything I've been asking for for the past 20 years. Air physics don't have to be the best when you're giving me basically everything else I've asked for.

And personally other than not really being able to take a lot of different rhythms, I preferred the stadium series in gp2 and smx in gp3 more than Nordic's stuff lately. Momentum.and braking actually mattered. And yes, the whips and scrubs aren't great but there are more important things to me.

It I could ask for one thing I would want a game speed slider. Game speed is very subjective so it would be nice to have a few options to tailor it to each one's specific tastes...at least off line, wise.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/17/2017 12:40pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

When i say 'they 'need a new engine' i'm not refering to the Unreal engine, i know it's one of the best out there. What i...

Lol it's OK, I get what you're saying now. They need a new handling system but that's up to the development team to come up with it.

All the things you mentioned could easily be fixed with a patch. Again, that's up to the team to come up with a solution and release it.

To be fair we haven't seen any video's with someone playing with the pro physics so for all we know those pre made animations/whips could just be part of the regular physics mode and non existent on pro physics mode. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

The game looks absolutely amazing graphically. Probably one of the best I've seen from the still images. They definitely put a lot of work in making sure things look right.
chaseodc
10/17/2017 12:43pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I don't know anything about designing, programming, or video game production as a whole, however I have messed with the settings in mxsim quite a bit to find a fun middle of the road handling physics. ( To no avail..) With that said if programming a Moto game physics is anything like that process ie. Gyro, weight bias, steering weight, Yada Yada Yada. I can imagine the process from scratch would be daunting. I give all these developers alot of credit. Yes fine tuning physics would be awesome but I assume much harder then we would imagine. Probably alot of give and take.
I too will be buying 2 copies of both games to support the cause and so I can battle my son!
SKlein
10/17/2017 1:07pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Lol it's OK, I get what you're saying now. They need a new handling system but that's up to the development team to come up with...
Lol it's OK, I get what you're saying now. They need a new handling system but that's up to the development team to come up with it.

All the things you mentioned could easily be fixed with a patch. Again, that's up to the team to come up with a solution and release it.

To be fair we haven't seen any video's with someone playing with the pro physics so for all we know those pre made animations/whips could just be part of the regular physics mode and non existent on pro physics mode. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

The game looks absolutely amazing graphically. Probably one of the best I've seen from the still images. They definitely put a lot of work in making sure things look right.
Unfortunately it's not nearly as simple as you're imagining to put out a post-release "patch" that changes a game engine & its physics. If the Pro system hasn't been shown off yet then sure it's possible they could make slight tweaks to what's in place, but there's extremely low odds they would ever change the core gameplay with a patch post-release.
flatout111
10/17/2017 1:27pm
Pro physics in MXGP usually separates joint braking and small other nuances. But you can put it on pro, advanced control with separate braking and manually shift and you have a much more simulation feel to game.

I doubt they patch anything physics wise post release. They never have. But again I think their game's have the best ground physics, best cornering, best shifting. Plus a ton of other things they are obviously better at including licensing, track scale, replays, etc.

It depends what you want. Yeah, Reflex and Alive had better air physics for sure but all those games were was one off exhibition races. If you want a season championship mode with full day practices, qualifiers and in Supercross probably heats, mains and lcqs plus a full career mode plus all the real teams, bikes, riders, tracks and stadiums then there is no other choice than Milestone.

MVA just doesn't approach it as replicating the sport. They approach it as one off races with generic bikes and general off road riding. Which is fine. Uts just not what I want. They just don't replicate the series. Even when they finally did the replica tracks you couldn't use them in a season mode. And their season mode was worthless due to not having many top pros in it and abysmal AI.

It's just two completely different approaches. Replicating the sport is 100% more important, to me at least, than better whips and scrubs.

I've pre ordered 1 copy of All Out but a few copies of Monster Energy Supercross for the One and 1 for Switch. I want it to be treated like 2k and Madden. That's what Milestone is doing. Replicating the sport.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/17/2017 1:27pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Lol it's OK, I get what you're saying now. They need a new handling system but that's up to the development team to come up with...

SKlein wrote:
Unfortunately it's not nearly as simple as you're imagining to put out a post-release "patch" that changes a game engine & its physics. If the Pro...
Unfortunately it's not nearly as simple as you're imagining to put out a post-release "patch" that changes a game engine & its physics. If the Pro system hasn't been shown off yet then sure it's possible they could make slight tweaks to what's in place, but there's extremely low odds they would ever change the core gameplay with a patch post-release.
To be honest I'm not sure what it involves. I can't remember what game demo I played but I think it was a game called Ride or Ride 2 on PS4 and you could switch the settings (can't remember what they were called) say between assisted and unassisted and boy what a difference it made in the game play. It was like playing 2 totally different games. The unassisted version was frustrating until you got the hang of things.

Not sure what the pro physics will be like in Milestone's SX game but it's possible to make them feel completely different than the average/regular mode we've been seeing in the gameplay clips.

Only thing missing is 2 strokes Cool
yz133rider
10/17/2017 4:11pm
I just bought mxgp3 I guess to support milestone.

I had 2 and loved it, so far playing 3 I don't like it at all. Come up on corners way to fast, feels more arcadey
10/17/2017 4:28pm
i know this is a supercross game thread but does anyone know how to change the reset point in time trials to somewhere else along the track? right now it resets me back to right before the finish line but i’ve been told you can select where along the track you want to reset yourself too

anyone know how to do this and want to explain it. i wasn’t going to start another thread
flatout111
10/17/2017 4:36pm
yz133rider wrote:
I just bought mxgp3 I guess to support milestone. I had 2 and loved it, so far playing 3 I don't like it at all. Come...
I just bought mxgp3 I guess to support milestone.

I had 2 and loved it, so far playing 3 I don't like it at all. Come up on corners way to fast, feels more arcadey
I preferred the speed of 2 as well. Supercross, by nature of it's tighter tracks, will slow the game down a bit but I do wish they would add a game speed slider or dial it back a notch or two. 3 does feel too fast to me as well, especially in 3rd person.
visser62
10/17/2017 4:48pm
RangerLee wrote:
For those on Xbox, may be a good time to set up a Vital season. I ran one years ago with a bunch of us. Skills...
For those on Xbox, may be a good time to set up a Vital season. I ran one years ago with a bunch of us. Skills were spread out, so we used the first "season" to set the second "season" A class B class thing. It was pretty fun, got 3 seasons out before other games split much of the player base. LIVE makes it real easy to set up your own league.
I am 100% in.
flatout111
10/17/2017 4:51pm
Man, February 13th is way too far away. I can't wait to get this game!!! Time for Maverick to come along with some more killer screenshots!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/17/2017 5:21pm
flatout111 wrote:
Man, February 13th is way too far away. I can't wait to get this game!!! Time for Maverick to come along with some more killer screenshots!
LOL. Here's a quick clip and some pics.

SEE ARE125
10/17/2017 5:39pm
^^ I’m glad whoever was playing ate shit on that jump. In Encore you would get bonus points for launching something so recklessly. lol
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/17/2017 5:53pm
LOL He definitely sent it. Other than that the gameplay looked pretty fast.
10/17/2017 6:20pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
lol MAVERICK now you’re taking screen shots of the gameplays we’ve already seen and posting them as new pics haha. we want pics but not THAT bad baha
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/17/2017 6:36pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
lol MAVERICK now you’re taking screen shots of the gameplays we’ve already seen and posting them as new pics haha. we want pics but not THAT...
lol MAVERICK now you’re taking screen shots of the gameplays we’ve already seen and posting them as new pics haha. we want pics but not THAT bad baha
I didn't take any screen shots. I just post what I find that's all.

That said you would think that the THQ Nordic/Rainbow Studio's team would have something to say about Milestone releasing stuff but no, they're staying quiet. If I was working there I'd be releasing other pics and gameplay video's. Staying silent is pretty stupid if you ask me. All Out comes out in January and they're not doing much to be noticed.
flatout111
10/17/2017 7:45pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
lol MAVERICK now you’re taking screen shots of the gameplays we’ve already seen and posting them as new pics haha. we want pics but not THAT...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I didn't take any screen shots. I just post what I find that's all. That said you would think that the THQ Nordic/Rainbow Studio's team would...
I didn't take any screen shots. I just post what I find that's all.

That said you would think that the THQ Nordic/Rainbow Studio's team would have something to say about Milestone releasing stuff but no, they're staying quiet. If I was working there I'd be releasing other pics and gameplay video's. Staying silent is pretty stupid if you ask me. All Out comes out in January and they're not doing much to be noticed.
I honestly don't think Rainbow cares about MX or SX. Especially now. If they would have, they would have responded with something good. Or at least something after Milestone killed it with their intro.

Rainbow seems to be on their own agenda and don't seem to care what the MX or SX fans really think, either way.

We will see what they do and how it works out for them.
flatout111
10/17/2017 7:47pm
flatout111 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL. Here's a quick clip and some pics. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220571/s1200_22500168_169348356976733_6842611539434799104_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220572/s1200_22581981_157227378208293_2655669534286938112_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220573/s1200_22500373_2390892887802933_4020362677825044480_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220574/s1200_22352374_1952954511654888_8352026625373634560_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220575/s1200_22580512_183525628871428_9094134856010432512_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220576/s1200_22499911_178552462709914_916614053248368640_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220578/s1200_22637181_503863366641171_6026548760849416192_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220579/s1200_22638948_496673247380561_4941401865943252992_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220581/s1200_22499742_145400136071150_2876418689953955840_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220582/s1200_22582465_1584775131579358_4190239547893743616_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220583/s1200_22499723_677281595807351_5861429387399790592_n.jpg[/img]

Lol. Thanks for the sweet pics, man. But video doesn't show...at least on my phone.
Crush
10/17/2017 7:50pm
I see they've been taking DV12's advice on elbow position!

All look like RV!
10/17/2017 7:54pm
I havent bought a game system in 15 years but i may have to get one for this game.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/17/2017 8:13pm
flatout111 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL. Here's a quick clip and some pics. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220571/s1200_22500168_169348356976733_6842611539434799104_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220572/s1200_22581981_157227378208293_2655669534286938112_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220573/s1200_22500373_2390892887802933_4020362677825044480_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220574/s1200_22352374_1952954511654888_8352026625373634560_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220575/s1200_22580512_183525628871428_9094134856010432512_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220576/s1200_22499911_178552462709914_916614053248368640_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220578/s1200_22637181_503863366641171_6026548760849416192_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220579/s1200_22638948_496673247380561_4941401865943252992_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220581/s1200_22499742_145400136071150_2876418689953955840_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220582/s1200_22582465_1584775131579358_4190239547893743616_n.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/17/220583/s1200_22499723_677281595807351_5861429387399790592_n.jpg[/img]

flatout111 wrote:
Lol. Thanks for the sweet pics, man. But video doesn't show...at least on my phone.
Not sure why it's not showing up on your phone. I posted it from my phone (Android). Try refreshing the page a couple times or if you see the name of the Instagram poster click on that and it will open up in the Instagram App (assuming you have it installed?).
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/17/2017 8:18pm
I havent bought a game system in 15 years but i may have to get one for this game.
It's going to be availble for PC as well so if you have a decent laptop or desktop you should be able to play it on there.

Plenty of great games on console and I'm fairly certain the online community is bigger on console than it is on PC.

It's your money so feel free to spend it how you like but just thought you should know that.
10/17/2017 10:00pm
flatout111 wrote:
I honestly don't think Rainbow cares about MX or SX. Especially now. If they would have, they would have responded with something good. Or at least...
I honestly don't think Rainbow cares about MX or SX. Especially now. If they would have, they would have responded with something good. Or at least something after Milestone killed it with their intro.

Rainbow seems to be on their own agenda and don't seem to care what the MX or SX fans really think, either way.

We will see what they do and how it works out for them.
mxvsatv sponsored supercross last year. banners hay bales and track maps. they definitely care about sx
cjg23307
10/17/2017 10:11pm
I also hope they make it so you can switch font on Jersey for name and number. Biggest complaint with mxgp2. Wish they would make it so whatever gear company you are wearing you can have the same font as the pros but I doubt it. Hopefully they have a few different options to choose from in this one.
redrider400
10/17/2017 10:22pm
I hope they change the way the camera moves when you scrub/whip. And slow the speed down.
10/17/2017 10:50pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2017 10:50pm
I hope milestone realizes how big the stakes are. They are going to advertise the shit out of this game for the first 4-5 races before the release date, and if it comes out and it’s a shitty game.. a lot of people will be pissed.

Maybe I’m being unrealistic, MvA has been doing it for years, but they haven’t been calling their games “the official monster energy supercross video game”. If it’s going to be the only officially licensed game for supercross, they better do a damn good job.

Post a reply to: Milestone - Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video Game

The Latest