Milestone - Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video Game

tprice07
10/13/2017 8:00pm
My only complaint like usual. Why is it so hard to allow a control system where you can whip/scrub and have your own style?
Motodave15 wrote:
+1 I don't understand why it seems super impossible for this... its like my only complaint
Would be a knockout if the whips weren’t so preaninated

The game will be a blast either way. The level of authenticity is impressive and sure makes what MX vs ATV has been saying for years look like bull shit. Literally everything is “licensed”. Though I do have my theories on how they are able to “license” everything.

Career mode should be fun. Milestone is really smart about utilizing resources. They are very very efficient and it shows. If I owned a development company I’d rather run it like Milestine than Rainbow/Nordic...even though I prefer playing Rainbow games at the end of the day.
MotoMo165
10/13/2017 8:25pm
Being a giant nerd on gp3, I can assure you guys these physics are different just from the body positioning on the bike. So no not just a reskinned gp 3. Also I don't even scrub (ya it's probably still the animated bs scrub/whip) and have top 10 lap times on gp3 I know I'm a nerd
MotoMo165
10/13/2017 8:28pm
My only complaint like usual. Why is it so hard to allow a control system where you can whip/scrub and have your own style?
Motodave15 wrote:
+1 I don't understand why it seems super impossible for this... its like my only complaint
tprice07 wrote:
Would be a knockout if the whips weren’t so preaninated The game will be a blast either way. The level of authenticity is impressive and sure...
Would be a knockout if the whips weren’t so preaninated

The game will be a blast either way. The level of authenticity is impressive and sure makes what MX vs ATV has been saying for years look like bull shit. Literally everything is “licensed”. Though I do have my theories on how they are able to “license” everything.

Career mode should be fun. Milestone is really smart about utilizing resources. They are very very efficient and it shows. If I owned a development company I’d rather run it like Milestine than Rainbow/Nordic...even though I prefer playing Rainbow games at the end of the day.
Sx is FIM so that's how... Hence no daytona. But we can make a "daytona" ha also we can remake 2018 sx tracks. So sick
gym_jackets
10/13/2017 8:55pm
The fact that I didn't see either of the Monster Energy Kawasaki guys in all of the gameplay released is a little concerning. Literally any other rider you could think of is featured...but no tomac or grant. Would be really sad/funny/weird if the MONSTER ENERGY video game had no monster kawi guys.

The Shop

NV825
Fantasy
2740th
10/13/2017 9:01pm
The fact that I didn't see either of the Monster Energy Kawasaki guys in all of the gameplay released is a little concerning. Literally any other...
The fact that I didn't see either of the Monster Energy Kawasaki guys in all of the gameplay released is a little concerning. Literally any other rider you could think of is featured...but no tomac or grant. Would be really sad/funny/weird if the MONSTER ENERGY video game had no monster kawi guys.
Tomac is the final boss you have to defeat to beat the game.
JW381
10/13/2017 9:01pm
Omfg...... still going on about the whips. It blows my mind. Go dabble in S&M you fuckin losers.
gym_jackets
10/13/2017 9:04pm
The fact that I didn't see either of the Monster Energy Kawasaki guys in all of the gameplay released is a little concerning. Literally any other...
NV825 wrote:
Tomac is the final boss you have to defeat to beat the game.
is the trick to just do my normal thing and watch him implode?
10/13/2017 9:14pm
the thing about moto games is that you learn to play them to make them look real. i watch people play reflex and i say to myself wtf you’re making the game look like shit. same thing with mxgp3. half the videos i watch of people riding they look like goons to me (not that they are) but i feel like the way i play the game (when to lean back when to scrub, line selection, not moving back n forth in the air....these are all things you can do or not do to make the game mimic real life. when you watch these guys play the not finished version of the game and although it does look a lot like mxgp3, you have to wait to actually play the game and figure out what you have to do to get the game to function the way a real sx rider rides. you get the game, figure it out, and then learn the play it the way it was designed to be played. these guys on these clips of the new sx game probably aren’t on “pro physics” or have the stats up and stuff like that.

the game can still change a good bit from the beta version it’s in now too. probably not completely new physics but definitely some tweaking. it’s up to you to learn to play the game the right way to make it relaistic. don’t just trash the game cause some 12 year old is playing it and jabbing the stick left and right in the air making the physics look like trash and casing everything.
Pat327
10/13/2017 9:29pm
Looks great! The name and logo are pretty terrible, though, but that's not Milestone's fault.
zehn
10/13/2017 9:42pm
JW381 wrote:
Omfg...... still going on about the whips. It blows my mind. Go dabble in S&M you fuckin losers.
There are far more glaring deficiencies than the whips
flatout111
10/13/2017 9:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2017 9:59pm
Got a cool glimpse of Mookie in his sick Seven gear and RMZ in the 4th video embedded here.

February can't come quick enough!!

MEC
RBSR
A1 to kick off the 18 season
Monster Energy Supercross The Official Videogame

Life is good! Smile
jemcee
10/13/2017 10:07pm
If they did more play through's in first person view they'd sell more games
flatout111
10/13/2017 10:12pm
the thing about moto games is that you learn to play them to make them look real. i watch people play reflex and i say to...
the thing about moto games is that you learn to play them to make them look real. i watch people play reflex and i say to myself wtf you’re making the game look like shit. same thing with mxgp3. half the videos i watch of people riding they look like goons to me (not that they are) but i feel like the way i play the game (when to lean back when to scrub, line selection, not moving back n forth in the air....these are all things you can do or not do to make the game mimic real life. when you watch these guys play the not finished version of the game and although it does look a lot like mxgp3, you have to wait to actually play the game and figure out what you have to do to get the game to function the way a real sx rider rides. you get the game, figure it out, and then learn the play it the way it was designed to be played. these guys on these clips of the new sx game probably aren’t on “pro physics” or have the stats up and stuff like that.

the game can still change a good bit from the beta version it’s in now too. probably not completely new physics but definitely some tweaking. it’s up to you to learn to play the game the right way to make it relaistic. don’t just trash the game cause some 12 year old is playing it and jabbing the stick left and right in the air making the physics look like trash and casing everything.
100% true. The reason I am so excited to FINALLY have another authentic, licensed Supercross game is that I love the sport and want to closely replicate the seasons and riders and races as close as possible. I always try to ride as realistic as possible. I'm not trying to smoke some 12 year old online. I enjoy racing either against the AI or against friends who also are trying to ride as realistic as possible. I can make the racing look and feel real. But up till now I've never been able to truly replicate the best sport in the world with all the real riders, bikes, teams, gear, tracks and stadiums. That authenticity excites me more than anything about the game because it is something we have truly NEVER had for Supercross.

Until now!
Lastander
10/13/2017 10:16pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Here's a very small game clip from someone playing it.

Is that supposed to be whoops in the beginning? Lol what the effLaughing
Well i guess you cant have whoops deeper than a foot due to the fact that their gameplay relies fully on bikes without suspension whatsoeverLaughing
calcoast
10/13/2017 10:35pm
Does anybody know if it'll be two player?

I hate that these racing games are one player.
JW381
10/13/2017 10:39pm
JW381 wrote:
zehn wrote:
I agree!! I am just so tired of hearing these 13 year old dorks whine about whips and scrubs.
MohMoto14
10/13/2017 11:52pm
Lastander wrote:
Is that supposed to be whoops in the beginning? Lol what the eff:laugh: Well i guess you cant have whoops deeper than a foot due to...
Is that supposed to be whoops in the beginning? Lol what the effLaughing
Well i guess you cant have whoops deeper than a foot due to the fact that their gameplay relies fully on bikes without suspension whatsoeverLaughing
Looks like sand whoops
OT
Fantasy
3059th
10/14/2017 12:13am
10/14/2017 12:37am
It makes no sense to me how the biggest complaint with the MXGP games is the physics and animations of things but yet Milestone seem to...
It makes no sense to me how the biggest complaint with the MXGP games is the physics and animations of things but yet Milestone seem to want to change everything but that. IMO they have the games nearly spot on but are way out in left field on physics and it kind of ruins it for me.
Physics are different in all 3 MXGP titles so it's not like they aren't working on that. I feel like their on-ground physics are spot on, just the air physics that needs a little touch.
redrider400
10/14/2017 12:38am
If anyone is complaining about the looks of the game they are retarded. Think about where it has came from. Go look at excite bike, then look at this game and complain. I haven't been excited for a moto game for a long time. But this game looks insane. Think about being able to make tracks with graphics like this game has. Endless opportunities. Hopefully people can make tracks and then submit them online for everyone to race on. That would be fucking awesome.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/14/2017 12:55am
I haven’t played any of Milestone’s recent titles, but I enjoyed the demo of this one. It looks really good.

For the record, I suck at video games.
MohMoto14
10/14/2017 1:15am
OT wrote:
Visually it's the best I've seen, the scaling was the first thing I noticed or maybe I should say didn't notice. Almost every mx game I can remember one of the first things I that sticks out is how something with the track appears to be off. Whether it be the width and overall size of the track or the size, depth, spacing and steepness of the jumps there's always something just off about it.

Until I seen this video it sure looked like the physics worked pretty well, like the fast lines on the game would be the same ones the pros used and you couldn't launch crazy unrealistic jump combinations. Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't like how he jumped to the top of the berm and railed it like thats how it's done. He also over jumped the whole next section without a problem(while banging bars in the air). I hope for a game where to hit most of the fast lines you need to execute a turn just right to make it, that seemed like a section the pros would be going high in the corner and seat jumping to get it(they figure seat jumping out I'm sold). I'm probably overthinking it but that's the realism I find most moto games to be lacking. How hard it is to time everything and keep momentum, the need to use the brakes and setup a corner and of course not being able to launch the length of a stadium in 2 jumps.

I'll take as many Moto games as they can throw out though and play the shit out of it and support them. This seems like a great start for a new series of games and looks really promising and the added competition of another game will hopefully only make the rest try that much harder. Maybe this will end MX vs ATV from putting out the same game a few times with BNG?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/14/2017 1:37am
He tries to lean to the right in mid air and the bike/rider strafes from left to right.Dizzy
Crush
10/14/2017 2:22am
Crazy how good it looks.

Would love it if the games were slower and more realistic though, caputring the violent acceleration of MX and the steep and slow nature of SX.
10/14/2017 3:24am
JW381 wrote:
zehn wrote:
JW381 wrote:
I agree!! I am just so tired of hearing these 13 year old dorks whine about whips and scrubs.
I'm sorry that I am complaining about a game physic that was made perfect in a game 10 YEARS ago, and now 10 years later you have to press a button for a preset crappy whip/scrub? I'll be honest I have quite a few more complaints that I see with these gameplay videos but will hold my breath until the game actually comes out. OHHHH and btw, I am 24 not 13 loser(sarcasm)Tongue
flatout111
10/14/2017 3:44am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2017 4:11am
JW381 wrote:
zehn wrote:
JW381 wrote:
Whips, scrubs. Good grief. Is that all anyone thinks about when talking our sport in gaming?? Yes, they are elements of the sport but there are far more important aspects and priorities.

Milestone, for really the first time in 20 years and basically ever,, gives us a game that replicates our series with 100% authenticity in riders, bikes, tracks, teams, stadiums and gear. First. Time. Ever.

Plus full championship mode, a true career mode, full race replays and intuitive control using rear brake, shifting, an unparalleled ground physics game and cornering. 22 riders at the gate and on a proper scaled track at a believable, realistic game speed. An AI that at least is pretty challenging and intelligent enough to run competent lines and you don't see them running backwards like some games. Milestone's games have good collision detection. You can have some great battles on the track, in the corners.

A game that visually looks stunning and is meticulous in detail right down to every rider's name and number font being 100% perfect on their bike and gear. As well as tv style on screen running order presentation, a track editor and who know what other greatness is in here.Every logo on every rider and bike look perfect. Every sponsor. The stadiums look incredibly well replicated as do all the sponsor tough blocks and banners. This looks like the NBA2K of our sport.

A game that is 100% Monster Energy Supercross...right down to the title!! THAT is important. To treat it like a Monster Energy Supercross sports racing series, not just a bunch of exhibition varied types of racing.

Yet some still complain about scrubs and whips. Really??

Jesus. We should be SO thankful to Milestone because they must be magicians. They just gave us the game that the other MX franchise basically told us was impossible for the past 10 years.

Excuse my Milestone fan boyism. For someone who's number 1 priority is authenticity and official licensing as well as great, simcade gameplay.and actually replicating our sport's official series...yeah, well they knocked it out of the park. And that's why months ago I did jump the gun and thought it would be announced earlier to my error. Its ok. I was so ready for this I was a bit premature. All good now. Its worth the wait.

Everyone has opinions and that's cool. No games are perfect, obviously. But if you a fan of Monster Energy Supercross you basically just got your dream game handed to you. it won't be perfect but it will be a HELLUVA lot closer than ANYTHING else we have ever gotten in regards to capturing our actual sports series as a whole. And, with support, the franchise will grow and continue as shown by Milestone's other sports series. Again, we've never had this for our sport. Please don't take it for granted.

To anyone from Milestone visiting the boards, thanks so much from the 111 for making this game happen!!!
G-DUB
10/14/2017 3:50am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2017 3:52am
https://youtu.be/EwtyX0Jo4SE

game looks really good and i cant wait, i hope they "tweak" them physics though, like flatout said it is our dream game, just not made by the people who hoped would of made it EA Sports :D
10/14/2017 4:02am
Hard to tell for sure but the AI looks good there. That's really a huge thing for me.
flatout111
10/14/2017 7:47am
Milestone's AI was decent in 3. I am more concerned with AI that rides intelligently over anything else. The competition's AI is atrocious. All over the place. The best AI is one that takes good lines not ones that go unrealistically fast.

Post a reply to: Milestone - Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video Game

The Latest