Milestone - Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video Game

10/13/2017 3:21pm
what’s interesting to me is what the trailer says “ it’s about how you feel”

Sounds to me like the way the game feels, meaning physics, was very important to them.

or maybe that’s just what i want it to mean lol
Braaaphole
10/13/2017 3:24pm
Guess I'm finally going to have to buy and Xbox 1. Do they have a release date or time frame yet?

Would be really cool if you can get old school riders too. RC, MC, KDub, Emig, Larocco, DV, Bubba
gym_jackets
10/13/2017 3:26pm
Braaaphole wrote:
Guess I'm finally going to have to buy and Xbox 1. Do they have a release date or time frame yet? Would be really cool if...
Guess I'm finally going to have to buy and Xbox 1. Do they have a release date or time frame yet?

Would be really cool if you can get old school riders too. RC, MC, KDub, Emig, Larocco, DV, Bubba
February 13th, 2018

The Shop

SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
10/13/2017 3:32pm
Pretty exciting that Milestone makes the riders & bikes actually look identical to their real life counterpart instead of just slapping a number on an otherwise generic looking bike & rider like Rainbow.
aeffertz
10/13/2017 3:32pm
Braaaphole wrote:
Guess I'm finally going to have to buy and Xbox 1. Do they have a release date or time frame yet? Would be really cool if...

It'll be on PC too I'm sure. This is great for the sport, for sure!

Based on the clips provided, I'm not super thrilled. Graphics wise, it's amazing. The canned whips/scrubs that they still use are not fun. It's why I got bored of mxgp3 so fast. Floaty, uncontrollable air physics ruins the game. I like how they show very little clips of the bikes in the air because that's their biggest flaw. But in the small clips you can see, you can tell it's identical to the precious mxgp games. Maybe some day they'll get it right.
10/13/2017 3:39pm
Please dear god make the AI more difficult. I play on hardest difficulty, no assists, no HUD, no rewinds, first person view, and I can beat the AI by 20-25 seconds on every track in a 3 lap race. I actually just did an Undefeated season with no rewinds and no restarting. It’s too easy.. I have no complaints otherwise but the AI just cruise around the track like it’s a parade lap.
flatout111
10/13/2017 3:45pm
Milestone may not have nailed air physics quite yet but their cornering, ground physics are excellent. Whips are cool but there is so much more to a MX game than good whips.

I'm a fan of their games. And the fact they pulled off the complete licensing when others said it couldn't be done....well yeah, thank you, Milestone. That means a lot to me!
Mean Dean
10/13/2017 3:46pm
This is how you roll out a video game launch!

A game trailer that shows gameplay... check.

Real riders posting info on their social media sites... check.

Great website with in-game photos, gameplay, and info... check.

TRACK EDITOR... check.

I can't believe there are a few negative comments on here, this game looks great. It may not be perfect, but Milestone has proven they LISTEN to their consumer base. Even if this one isn't perfect, if we support the game, the next one will be. The OTHER game studio had their chance and blew it.

Did I mention the game has a track editor, who isn't jazzed for that?
cjg23307
10/13/2017 3:49pm
flatout111 wrote:
I'll be perfectly fine if Monster Energy Supercross is like MXGP 1-3. They are all a helluva lot better than anything else we've ever gotten. But...
I'll be perfectly fine if Monster Energy Supercross is like MXGP 1-3. They are all a helluva lot better than anything else we've ever gotten. But I expect it will be even better. Plus, for someone like me, being fully licensed means a LOT. All this casual off road stuff means nothing to me. I want to replicate our sport which means, full license, real bikes, real teams, real riders, real points series, real career, real tracks. That trumps everything to me. Cool looking whips don't mean nothing to me compared to those things I just listed.
Couldn't agree more!!
VicDaMoan03
10/13/2017 3:52pm
Graphics look great but that video Matthes posted is kinda rough. The rider going through other riders and people on the side of the track plus the weird animation/physics when the rider lands on that tough block...
snackfedbear
10/13/2017 3:52pm
Track editor will be completely badass. Think about it... if the official tracks are super easy, you'll be able to make a harder track to race on. I really hope the created tracks will be raceable online. That would be the shit
SEE ARE125
10/13/2017 3:54pm
Insert “take my money!” meme here. Thrilled about this!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/13/2017 3:57pm
Graphics look great but that video Matthes posted is kinda rough. The rider going through other riders and people on the side of the track plus...
Graphics look great but that video Matthes posted is kinda rough. The rider going through other riders and people on the side of the track plus the weird animation/physics when the rider lands on that tough block...
Did you even bother looking at the bottom left of the screen?

Work In Progress
flatout111
10/13/2017 3:57pm
Mean Dean wrote:
[b]This is how you roll out a video game launch! [/b] A game trailer that shows gameplay... check. Real riders posting info on their social media...
This is how you roll out a video game launch!

A game trailer that shows gameplay... check.

Real riders posting info on their social media sites... check.

Great website with in-game photos, gameplay, and info... check.

TRACK EDITOR... check.

I can't believe there are a few negative comments on here, this game looks great. It may not be perfect, but Milestone has proven they LISTEN to their consumer base. Even if this one isn't perfect, if we support the game, the next one will be. The OTHER game studio had their chance and blew it.

Did I mention the game has a track editor, who isn't jazzed for that?
Exactly.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/13/2017 3:58pm
This is very very good.

What if this game kills it and then for their follow up they add the national tracks to it?
SEE ARE125
10/13/2017 4:01pm
Track editor will be completely badass. Think about it... if the official tracks are super easy, you'll be able to make a harder track to race...
Track editor will be completely badass. Think about it... if the official tracks are super easy, you'll be able to make a harder track to race on. I really hope the created tracks will be raceable online. That would be the shit
If they can be raced online it will take everything to a new level. Endless tracks.
flatout111
Awesome to see the champ as the focal point of trailer. Can't wait to see a shot of Mookie. Take my pre-order.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
Track editor will be completely badass. Think about it... if the official tracks are super easy, you'll be able to make a harder track to race...
Not sure if you'll be able to play them online but it does say you'll be able to share them. This could mean anything from sharing them with your list of friends to sharing them with the online community. Says coming soon on their website so hopefully they'll talk a little bit more about that and not just about creating tracks.
10/13/2017 4:08pm
Did anyone slamming rainbow think that they developed their game knowing this was coming? Obviously they were working with Feld on releasing the tracks they did for MVA Supercross this year. I'm sure they knew about it.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
10/13/2017 4:09pm
Yes!!!!!!!!!

I'll be honest, I'm borderline Nintendo 64 on Christmas morning kid right now.
boston_jorj
10/13/2017 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2017 4:10pm
I am pumped on this. I will buy a game system just to be able to play and battle my brothers. I am impressed by the licensing and all of the brands featured.
VicDaMoan03
10/13/2017 4:10pm
Graphics look great but that video Matthes posted is kinda rough. The rider going through other riders and people on the side of the track plus...
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Work In Progress
Simmer down there! Just pointing out the cons along with the pros.
Whymee
10/13/2017 4:11pm
Does this mean it is time to upgrade from Motocross Madness II ?
10/13/2017 4:13pm
Even if this is literally just MXGP 3 but on supercross tracks with American riders....do you guys realize how much of an improvement that is over the absolute garbage that is MX vs ATV? I can't wait to play this.
yz133rider
10/13/2017 4:13pm
Please dear god make the AI more difficult. I play on hardest difficulty, no assists, no HUD, no rewinds, first person view, and I can beat...
Please dear god make the AI more difficult. I play on hardest difficulty, no assists, no HUD, no rewinds, first person view, and I can beat the AI by 20-25 seconds on every track in a 3 lap race. I actually just did an Undefeated season with no rewinds and no restarting. It’s too easy.. I have no complaints otherwise but the AI just cruise around the track like it’s a parade lap.
I noticed that too, some tracks I'll give them a 20 second head start, if you do that you'll have a fun time tracking them down before the last turn!
Motodave15
10/13/2017 4:16pm
Im stoked, Looks like im buying on ps4 and my nintendo switch... and those graphics...gah damn... looking good
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/13/2017 4:17pm
Please dear god make the AI more difficult. I play on hardest difficulty, no assists, no HUD, no rewinds, first person view, and I can beat...
yz133rider wrote:
I noticed that too, some tracks I'll give them a 20 second head start, if you do that you'll have a fun time tracking them down...
I noticed that too, some tracks I'll give them a 20 second head start, if you do that you'll have a fun time tracking them down before the last turn!
I always did this on MXGP haha. Thought I was the only one
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/13/2017 4:18pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2017 4:20pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Work In Progress
Simmer down there! Just pointing out the cons along with the pros.
It's just some people are quick to bitch and complain about some things but ignore the simple fact that it's clearly still a work in progress as shown in the bottom left of that video.

Post a reply to: Milestone - Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video Game

The Latest