Milestone Game (MXGP, MESX)

soulberg3
Wanted to know if anyone's heard anything about a Supercross game coming in 2021, or if MXGP was going to have a game coming out this year with all the COVID delays. I know I messaged Milestone's MXGP Instagram & at that time they didn't have plans to release the game at this time. Personally I think this would be a PERFECT opportunity to explore the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross game if they were going to give it a go. I know that Milestone is now technically owned by THQ Nordic (MX vs ATV games), so I think it'd be a great way to merge the games.

ALSO - Hypothetically, if we do get a ama motocross game, would you rather see it come as it's own game, or keep MXGP as one series & AMA SX/MX as another game.

Let me know your thoughts & if anyone's heard anything!
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/29/2020 5:37pm
I'm pretty certain they scanned riders earlier this year at the SX races, so a new game is most likely coming out early next year.
soulberg3
8/29/2020 6:27pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm pretty certain they scanned riders earlier this year at the SX races, so a new game is most likely coming out early next year.
That's kinda what I was figuring. I know the rumor has been going around about Milestone making a Lucas Oil Pro MX game, but it never seemed to happen. With MXGP having such a delayed start, I figured they'd have the best chance as now to make an official AMA outdoor game, they've already got the riders scanned, just need the tracks.
norcal racer
8/29/2020 7:19pm
They should just make the supercross game and add a generic motocross series into the career mode
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
8/29/2020 7:33pm
They should just make the supercross game and add a generic motocross series into the career mode
As much as I would like to do both series, milestone non-replica tracks are usually not impressive.

The Shop

sxer1
8/30/2020 3:38am
On MXGP videogame Facebook page, Milestone said in the comments that after the summer there would be news about a future MXGP game.
Davey
8/31/2020 6:46am
I just wish Milestone would put out a GNCC game.
Motodave15
8/31/2020 10:33am
soulberg3 wrote:
Wanted to know if anyone's heard anything about a Supercross game coming in 2021, or if MXGP was going to have a game coming out this...
Wanted to know if anyone's heard anything about a Supercross game coming in 2021, or if MXGP was going to have a game coming out this year with all the COVID delays. I know I messaged Milestone's MXGP Instagram & at that time they didn't have plans to release the game at this time. Personally I think this would be a PERFECT opportunity to explore the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross game if they were going to give it a go. I know that Milestone is now technically owned by THQ Nordic (MX vs ATV games), so I think it'd be a great way to merge the games.

ALSO - Hypothetically, if we do get a ama motocross game, would you rather see it come as it's own game, or keep MXGP as one series & AMA SX/MX as another game.

since the other people cant comprehend what you wrote and thus didnt give a proper response.

1. Since when did THQ Nordic buy Milestone? To me that is kind of bad news, reason being because mx vs atv sucks now and plays way to fast and ping pongy and the scale is fucking awful. I really hope they do not use anything from the mx atv series currently.

2. I hope to god they make a AMA SX/MX game, that would be amazing however milestone will need to get rid of the problem of not being able to do different lines and the fact the clutch doesnt work for shit. Thing that is annoying with Milestones games is the fact you cant really put togeather your own lines. seems to be a pre determined path you have to take otherwise the bike becomes slow as hell and you cant jump anything else in the rhythm section.

3. Milestone needs to make outdoor track replicas, as i do not trust them to create fun outdoor tracks like reflex did.

IF they do release a AMA SX/MX game hopefully they fleshout the career path more, More aking to how F1 2020 from codemasters... and for those who havent played that game.. Means Negotiating contracts and how much they pay, then your teams upgrades cost money, you get interviews with the media that affect how the team looks at you and how other teams perceive you.

To be completely honest codemaster needs to take all the stuff from f1 2020 and make it a supercross/motocross game... I guarantee it would shock the industry at how good they could make it.
soulberg3
8/31/2020 10:50am
soulberg3 wrote:
Wanted to know if anyone's heard anything about a Supercross game coming in 2021, or if MXGP was going to have a game coming out this...

Motodave15 wrote:
since the other people cant comprehend what you wrote and thus didnt give a proper response. 1. Since when did THQ Nordic buy Milestone? To me...
since the other people cant comprehend what you wrote and thus didnt give a proper response.

1. Since when did THQ Nordic buy Milestone? To me that is kind of bad news, reason being because mx vs atv sucks now and plays way to fast and ping pongy and the scale is fucking awful. I really hope they do not use anything from the mx atv series currently.

2. I hope to god they make a AMA SX/MX game, that would be amazing however milestone will need to get rid of the problem of not being able to do different lines and the fact the clutch doesnt work for shit. Thing that is annoying with Milestones games is the fact you cant really put togeather your own lines. seems to be a pre determined path you have to take otherwise the bike becomes slow as hell and you cant jump anything else in the rhythm section.

3. Milestone needs to make outdoor track replicas, as i do not trust them to create fun outdoor tracks like reflex did.

IF they do release a AMA SX/MX game hopefully they fleshout the career path more, More aking to how F1 2020 from codemasters... and for those who havent played that game.. Means Negotiating contracts and how much they pay, then your teams upgrades cost money, you get interviews with the media that affect how the team looks at you and how other teams perceive you.

To be completely honest codemaster needs to take all the stuff from f1 2020 and make it a supercross/motocross game... I guarantee it would shock the industry at how good they could make it.
Thank you for the response!

1 - THQ Nordic acquired Milestone in august 2019. I'm a little torn, and hoping they keep the style of the MESX games, but allow some more freedom (while keeping it realistic) similar to mva. Also, since MVA has access to the Lucas oil tracks, I'm hoping it'll make it an easier transition to put them on a milestone game. I didn't read too much into the acquisition, so it could be as easy as Milestone still operates as their own entity, but when selling the game in the US, they don't have to look for a team to sell it over here? I remember when the MXGP games were first coming out & it would always release overseas first & come to the US months later. Not too sure.

2 - This is my biggest problem with Milestone games & why i also enjoy All out (though it's not as realistic). Milestone does have pre-made lines that you can't really get through a section that fast if you don't take it. I do think MESX3 made some improvements & it does provide some better line choice than previous games though. I connected the in air freedom in MESX3 to the THQ/Milestone deal, but I could be wrong.

3 - I do not want to see non-replica tracks from Milestone. The compound is fine, but if it's outdoor nationals, I want to see the actual replica tracks as well.

I would like to see the career mode mirror something similar to F1 or MLB the Show's Road to the Show. Even if it's something as simple as you race the Loretta Lynns weekend & from there get contract offers to a 250 team, the better you score, the better team you get a contract for. I also would like to see contract lengths similar to real life not a 6 week contract. I know it'll be a ways off but I want an in depth contract system in the career mode. Gear deals, sponsors, etc. I have a whole laundry list of things I'd love to see in these games lol. I know it's a long shot, but it goes back to MLB the Show - I would love to see the AI riders have contracts in career, where they can leave a certain team (or you can customize it in your personal game) or you can move riders up or down classes (I only say down so the field doesn't get too overfilled in the 450s). Number customization for the AI.

Truthfully I'd rather see a blank template for the AI (Literally copy & paste the BRAAP system with some tweaks so you can select class, and actualy build your own field with difficulty level - meaning Eli Tomac is more often than not going to finish in front of Dean Wilson.)

Lastly, I want to see the AI get bumped up. If it's going to be realistic I want them pushing the lap times where I'm not 30 seconds down from the last rider & I can run them down. I believe it was MotoGP that had something called Neural AI or something (I can't remember what it's called lol) where the AI actually learns from you. Now I never played the MotoGP game so Idk how well it actually worked, but having a difficult system that continually learns from you like the AI can follow behind you & learn lines or something along that nature would be HUGE for the game.
rongi#401
8/31/2020 3:36pm
Just play Mx sim and be done with it, playing these arcade style games is the equivalent of riding a quad
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/31/2020 5:40pm
rongi#401 wrote:
Just play Mx sim and be done with it, playing these arcade style games is the equivalent of riding a quad
Sounds like you have some quad riding experience.

Post a reply to: Milestone Game (MXGP, MESX)

The Latest