Miles Mountain Weekend Events!!!!

Edited Date/Time 7/11/2012 12:37pm

It will be an Awsome Weekend!!!
|
Rob_Miller
7/10/2012 6:41am
It definitely is one of the best tracks in this area.. aside from the fact that every year I get hurt at least once there. Broken shoulder there this year over the tower jump. Bad get off. Sweet track, just some bad luck for me there. Haha.
7/10/2012 7:06am
Sucks you got hurt but the Tower jump is such a sweet up hill!!!
reagan
7/10/2012 7:40am
very good track

The Shop

Kryan5
7/10/2012 8:25am
Agreed. Love it there, but just to far for a typical weekend. Track gets super rough and is demanding. Def. seperates the riders who are fit and those that are not.
7/10/2012 8:27am
835 wrote:
everytime i jump out of the woods i say i'm gonna hit it , i rail the outside line and at the last minute throw out the anchor !!! alittle to intimidating for me, only a few A riders in +45 hit it anyway.
Rob_Miller
7/10/2012 2:18pm
835 wrote:
everytime i jump out of the woods i say i'm gonna hit it , i rail the outside line and at the last minute throw out...
everytime i jump out of the woods i say i'm gonna hit it , i rail the outside line and at the last minute throw out the anchor !!! alittle to intimidating for me, only a few A riders in +45 hit it anyway.
I'm a slow guy, so I really dont need to hit it! I only do because I like to huck big doubles. haha. Nah, realistically though its a pretty smooth jump if you have the speed. I'm on a 450 and weigh 155lbs...so the power coming out of the woods is no issue. What happened when I broke my shoulder though.. I was on my CRF450R and the suspension was set up way stiffer than it need be for me, for a rider a lot heavier than me. I hadn't jumped the tower yet as the practice a couple hours before I was getting used to the bike and how it handled. I came flying out of the woods on the first lap and felt really confident. About half way to the jump a rider switched lines and cut in front of me and i lost a lot of speed. I tried to seat bounce it and got bucked high. Full panic rev all the way to the ground. Thats all I remember. Next thing I knew I was waking up on the track thinking "maybe i better move" and by then i was surrounded by people and getting lifted into the gator. They said when I was trying to scoot myself off the track i wasnt putting weight on my left arm, but i dont remember that. I dont remember it hurting until i was in the gator. I raced my first moto the next day, but could barely hang on. Still finished. I had no idea that my shoulder was broken though. I just thought it was muscles and tendons. Was super shocked when I went to the hospital to find out it was a bad break. The race a few weeks after that my stepdad got landed on in practice. Good dunlop 956 rear tire mark/bruise on his back, front tire mark on his helmet and a nasty gouge taken out from under his arm pit by the peg. Knocked out, but in good shape for what had happened. Miles Mtn hasn't treated us well this year! haha. Some bad mojo there for us or something.
Rob_Miller
7/10/2012 2:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2012 2:21pm
Also, do any of you local-ish guys ever ride at Broome, or MX573 practice track? Or even anywhere fairly close? Miles Mtn, Broome Tioga and MX573 are all right around an hour from me.
T-MAC
7/10/2012 7:03pm
Rob_Miller wrote:
Also, do any of you local-ish guys ever ride at Broome, or MX573 practice track? Or even anywhere fairly close? Miles Mtn, Broome Tioga and MX573...
Also, do any of you local-ish guys ever ride at Broome, or MX573 practice track? Or even anywhere fairly close? Miles Mtn, Broome Tioga and MX573 are all right around an hour from me.
Broome is an awesome track. Even when they haven't kept up on grooming it I have a great time there. MX573 is a pretty small, dudes-backyard-style-track, but is fun as well (and usually pretty empty). Definitely worth the drive if it's only an hour. It was a three hour ride for me and there are other tracks I would rather ride in that timeframe.
7/11/2012 7:13am
I used to ride Broome but havn't in awhile. I'm grooming my kid right now. So he is getting all the perks. LOL
Rob_Miller
7/11/2012 7:31am
Rob_Miller wrote:
Also, do any of you local-ish guys ever ride at Broome, or MX573 practice track? Or even anywhere fairly close? Miles Mtn, Broome Tioga and MX573...
T-MAC wrote:
Broome is an awesome track. Even when they haven't kept up on grooming it I have a great time there. MX573 is a pretty small, dudes-backyard-style-track...
Broome is an awesome track. Even when they haven't kept up on grooming it I have a great time there. MX573 is a pretty small, dudes-backyard-style-track, but is fun as well (and usually pretty empty). Definitely worth the drive if it's only an hour. It was a three hour ride for me and there are other tracks I would rather ride in that timeframe.
I ride Broome and MX573 pretty regularly. Broome just recently changed the track a little bit if you haven't been there in awhile, but I liked it better before the change. I enjoy riding at MX573 usually, I love that its an actual practice track with big jumps, which is rare around here. Only thing I don't like about MX573 is that the dirt is HORRIBLE. It's like riding in gravel all day long. The worst scar I have on my body that is riding related is from there, which was the result of a simple "slide out" in a corner. Worse than road rash. I stood up and thought nothing of it until I grabbed my bars and felt blood running into my glove. I also like that they have sections of the track that you have multiple lanes/jumps to choose from through the sections. I get out to Broome and 573 as much as possible but having 2 kids that are ages 2 and 3, its hard. I'm hoping that next year they will both want to be starting to scoot around on some 50's!
7/11/2012 7:54am
I have 8, 5, 4, and 2 yr olds.

8 is racing a KTM 50. Just got him a 08 Kaw 65 used for 1 yr.

5 is just starting to ride the crf50 around in the yard.

4 wants to ride and can ride his bike but goes full throttle every chance he gets. He's dumped us off the CRF50 more than once. LOL

2 he just likes to go for rides. Smile

I have my 01 Honda 250. Just moved back up into the area and help out allot at phils. I should be there for practice on Saturday!!!!
Rob_Miller
7/11/2012 9:24am
835 wrote:
I have 8, 5, 4, and 2 yr olds. 8 is racing a KTM 50. Just got him a 08 Kaw 65 used for 1 yr...
I have 8, 5, 4, and 2 yr olds.

8 is racing a KTM 50. Just got him a 08 Kaw 65 used for 1 yr.

5 is just starting to ride the crf50 around in the yard.

4 wants to ride and can ride his bike but goes full throttle every chance he gets. He's dumped us off the CRF50 more than once. LOL

2 he just likes to go for rides. Smile

I have my 01 Honda 250. Just moved back up into the area and help out allot at phils. I should be there for practice on Saturday!!!!
That's awesome! My 3 year old is a girl and she loves to ride her bicycles and whatnot but when I throw around the idea of riding an actual dirtbike she gets nervous, but she hasn't really been up close to a PW or anything and I think that she assumes "big bike" when I say dirtbike. She sees kids bikes at the races and stuff, but usually then they are cobras, ktms, and whatnot. She hasn't gotten to see a pw50, or crf50 up close. She is tall and thin and I honestly think she would do just fine on a PW or CRF right now with training wheels, but I worry that if I put her on too soon, she will get scared and then never want anything to do with it.

My 2 year old is a boy, and he is a brute. I think he will be more into it than her, but im hoping for both! He weighs as much as our 3 year old, but he is a lot shorter and just solid. He looks like a little UFC fighter when hes walking around in underwear. haha. I think by next summer I probably wont be able to keep him off of a bike. I want to get him a strider bike now, because he tears up anything with tires. Problem is that his legs are short, so he cant pedal. So he rides a bike like a strider bike anyway!

I probably could practice saturday as my shoulder feels pretty good, but I'm still off work due to the injury (company doc wont release me yet) and don't want to risk re-injuring it! Plus I'd have some tinkering to do on the bike before the weekend and I dont think ill have the time to fit it in. Most of the damage from the wreck I have fixed, still just some minor things to go. My fiancee and I will be up there saturday afternoon to watch the second half of practices, the freestyle event and fireworks though!
Denny979
7/11/2012 9:35am
Rob_Miller wrote:
T-MAC wrote:
Broome is an awesome track. Even when they haven't kept up on grooming it I have a great time there. MX573 is a pretty small, dudes-backyard-style-track...
I live 10 minutes from Broome and rode there Sunday for the first time this year. Track was in great condition. We go to Mx573 once and a while. Seems like yesterday my son was riding the pee-wee track with training wheels on his xr50. Now he's on a 250f and kicking my ass.
Have you tried Jackson's Pumpkin Farm outside Owego. The web site says the track is closed but they have been open Satudays for a "donation" due to town zoning issues. There are a couple of You Tube videos from there.
7/11/2012 10:16am
I'll have to check out the Pumpkin Farm.

You don't have to get a strider. Just take the pedels off of a bike. But if you do want one RyanCO Racing will be there on Saterday and he ussually has a few on hand. Look me up. Just ask a Track helper where Bob-O is at and you'll find me. I ussually run the 30 sec card for MX and the Gate for SX.
Rob_Miller
7/11/2012 12:37pm
Rob_Miller wrote:
T-MAC wrote:
Denny979 wrote:
I live 10 minutes from Broome and rode there Sunday for the first time this year. Track was in great condition. We go to Mx573 once...
I live 10 minutes from Broome and rode there Sunday for the first time this year. Track was in great condition. We go to Mx573 once and a while. Seems like yesterday my son was riding the pee-wee track with training wheels on his xr50. Now he's on a 250f and kicking my ass.
Have you tried Jackson's Pumpkin Farm outside Owego. The web site says the track is closed but they have been open Satudays for a "donation" due to town zoning issues. There are a couple of You Tube videos from there.
I haven't been to the pumpkin farm but a few guys I ride with occasionally go out there. I've heard good things, just for some reason haven't made it out. That's even closer to me than the other tracks. Maybe a half hour or so.

Post a reply to: Miles Mountain Weekend Events!!!!

The Latest