Mike Williamson

Edited Date/Time 4/27/2019 8:30pm
Been pretty quiet here lately Whistling
Any word or rumour on where he landed? Or is headed too? Hope he gets a decent gig for all the years of service in the industry.
|
Premix
4/25/2019 4:35pm
Per Gibbys pod, working for Father in Law that builds parts for Boeing and making more money! Good on Mike! Good pod as well Gibby!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/25/2019 4:36pm
Premix wrote:
Per Gibbys pod, working for Father in Law that builds parts for Boeing and making more money! Good on Mike! Good pod as well Gibby!
^^^ Once a day is all we ask.
hamncheeze
4/25/2019 4:49pm
Thanks Guy B for that podcast. Reading between the lines of what was said about bike setup and testing, one can only conclude that Eli definitely struggles with it. And when the bike is off, he is off. Mike wasn't going to slag him, but the way Guy B asked the questions, and the way Mike answered it was pretty obvious.

Seems like Eli could really use a dose of Aldon for the mental gains. Look at Dungey, he was a head case about the bike until he got with Aldon.

The Shop

4/25/2019 5:25pm
Premix wrote:
Cheers. Didn't notice that. I'll have a listen. And good for Mike.
kkawboy14
4/25/2019 5:26pm
He’s been tied up with all the lawyers preparing the litigation against all the haters......
4/25/2019 5:44pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
He’s been tied up with all the lawyers preparing the litigation against all the haters......
Sounds like a case for Brian D. Harrison, Esquire!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
4/25/2019 5:48pm
Been pretty quiet here lately :whistle: Any word or rumour on where he landed? Or is headed too? Hope he gets a decent gig for all...
Been pretty quiet here lately Whistling
Any word or rumour on where he landed? Or is headed too? Hope he gets a decent gig for all the years of service in the industry.
Shit stirrer Cool
MXD
4/25/2019 5:52pm
He pretty much said that Cox doesn’t know shit.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
4/25/2019 6:09pm
MXD wrote:
He pretty much said that Cox doesn’t know shit.
So he said what we all knew
Evil
omalley
4/25/2019 6:26pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Sounds like a case for Brian D. Harrison, Esquire!
Dewey, Cheetum, and Howe, attorneys at law...
4/25/2019 6:55pm
If a crew chief is holding a rider back, he needs to be fired. Its pretty simple. Mechanics are HUGE know it alls. Can be really stubborn. If they didnt think of it its not a good idea.
MotoMo165
4/25/2019 6:59pm
Premix wrote:
Awesome pod and seems to explain why he left kawi, or his side of the story, good enough for me. Thought it was one of the more interesting podcast on the line up so far, good job GuyB. also the pod with Jim Holley is reallllly good, loved that one
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/25/2019 6:59pm
If a crew chief is holding a rider back, he needs to be fired. Its pretty simple. Mechanics are HUGE know it alls. Can be really...
If a crew chief is holding a rider back, he needs to be fired. Its pretty simple. Mechanics are HUGE know it alls. Can be really stubborn. If they didnt think of it its not a good idea.
Come on Bro, one guy is not going to hold up the requests of a rider Kawasaki has invested MANY millions of dollars in. "Crew Chief" moniker or not.

Dollars to donuts, this family opportunity came up in conversation, he slept on it for a while, and put in his notice.
Premix
4/25/2019 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2019 7:01pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Awesome pod and seems to explain why he left kawi, or his side of the story, good enough for me. Thought it was one of the...
Awesome pod and seems to explain why he left kawi, or his side of the story, good enough for me. Thought it was one of the more interesting podcast on the line up so far, good job GuyB. also the pod with Jim Holley is reallllly good, loved that one
Jimmys Podcast was all time. Gibby has also really improved as well since the beginning.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/25/2019 7:53pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Awesome pod and seems to explain why he left kawi, or his side of the story, good enough for me. Thought it was one of the...
Premix wrote:
Jimmys Podcast was all time. Gibby has also really improved as well since the beginning.
Thanks, gang. I know it won’t satisfy everyone, but I do try and get some answers. Smile
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/25/2019 7:59pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Premix wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Thanks, gang. I know it won’t satisfy everyone, but I do try and get some answers. Smile
It’s the second pod I’ve listened to on here, and it was really good! I’ll be listening to all of them. Thanks GuyB!
Moto520
4/25/2019 8:03pm
Great podcast. Good insight
RexEasely
4/25/2019 10:17pm
Even if he gave two weeks after corporate asked him to resign he wins with a new job and more family time. Must feel good for Mike. Congrats!

aees
4/26/2019 12:01am
If a crew chief is holding a rider back, he needs to be fired. Its pretty simple. Mechanics are HUGE know it alls. Can be really...
avidchimp wrote:
Come on Bro, one guy is not going to hold up the requests of a rider Kawasaki has invested MANY millions of dollars in. "Crew Chief"...
Come on Bro, one guy is not going to hold up the requests of a rider Kawasaki has invested MANY millions of dollars in. "Crew Chief" moniker or not.

Dollars to donuts, this family opportunity came up in conversation, he slept on it for a while, and put in his notice.
Bullshit. One senior executive can fuck up a whole company with a few wrong moves, or blocking things. It can be a long process before someone that has been so long with a company gets bumped, plenty of time to hold things back with small means (probably against better judgement).

You have to be blind with all the info available not seeing that Mike was a disaster for factory kawi thus year.

Did you hear Blair's comment Eli made on the bike for mxon? Hey Eli, got bike dialed for outdoor? Eli reply: did you watch mxon (apparently looking at his mechanic)?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/26/2019 2:13am
avidchimp wrote:
Come on Bro, one guy is not going to hold up the requests of a rider Kawasaki has invested MANY millions of dollars in. "Crew Chief"...

aees wrote:
Bullshit. One senior executive can fuck up a whole company with a few wrong moves, or blocking things. It can be a long process before someone...
Bullshit. One senior executive can fuck up a whole company with a few wrong moves, or blocking things. It can be a long process before someone that has been so long with a company gets bumped, plenty of time to hold things back with small means (probably against better judgement).

You have to be blind with all the info available not seeing that Mike was a disaster for factory kawi thus year.

Did you hear Blair's comment Eli made on the bike for mxon? Hey Eli, got bike dialed for outdoor? Eli reply: did you watch mxon (apparently looking at his mechanic)?
You lost the argument at "One Senior Executive". Mike was not that person.
aees
4/26/2019 2:17am
avidchimp wrote:

aees wrote:
Bullshit. One senior executive can fuck up a whole company with a few wrong moves, or blocking things. It can be a long process before someone...

avidchimp wrote:
You lost the argument at "One Senior Executive". Mike was not that person.
He had the same power and position, that all that matters. Nothing about the bike and team went another way then through mike. You have to be blind not to know that.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/26/2019 2:24am
aees wrote:
He had the same power and position, that all that matters. Nothing about the bike and team went another way then through mike. You have to...
He had the same power and position, that all that matters. Nothing about the bike and team went another way then through mike. You have to be blind not to know that.
Look, I really have no dog in this fight. Just saying one man didn't run that show and say "My way or the highway."
aees
4/26/2019 2:32am
aees wrote:
He had the same power and position, that all that matters. Nothing about the bike and team went another way then through mike. You have to...
avidchimp wrote:
Look, I really have no dog in this fight. Just saying one man didn't run that show and say "My way or the highway."
Not that black or white. But he did control and was responsible for it, it's impossible to say anything else with all info that has come out.

Just listened to Savagy, whole season destroyed from front end wash outs from decisions team made, it was pretty clear that bike was the issue but he said he did not want to hang anyone out (but those issues was 100% out of his control).

It is enough one thing is blocked to screw up a bike or its progress.

I was just with a team for a day testing factory suspension for a top 5 rider. Far from everything he wanted could be accomplished, because of decisions in suspension philosophy from senior people that has been at the top themselves 20y ago.
aees
4/26/2019 2:34am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2019 2:35am
aees wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
aees wrote:
Not that black or white. But he did control and was responsible for it, it's impossible to say anything else with all info that has come...
Not that black or white. But he did control and was responsible for it, it's impossible to say anything else with all info that has come out.

Just listened to Savagy, whole season destroyed from front end wash outs from decisions team made, it was pretty clear that bike was the issue but he said he did not want to hang anyone out (but those issues was 100% out of his control).

I was just with a team for a day testing factory suspension for a top 5 rider. Far from everything he wanted could be accomplished, because of decisions in suspension philosophy from senior people that has been at the top themselves 20y ago.
Can add just to fill in some details, and how crucial it can be, that a big topic was preload or not on fork springs
4/26/2019 2:42am
aees wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
aees wrote:
Not that black or white. But he did control and was responsible for it, it's impossible to say anything else with all info that has come...

Woah up there! You have a rider turn manager or technical director being a road block? Spill the beans. This is Vitally important information and the place to do it

Post a reply to: Mike Williamson

The Latest